Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111029 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
wow....people come and go.
still quiet...nothing yet?

let me show you my shocked face!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1111030 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>these fools think you can access state data bases by swiping a DL card in a card reader...
they probably believe the full moon makes people act weird also...easily misled sheep.
Oh God no__and it's a blood moon__Flack and Patriot will be pissn themselves.

But

To borrow a phrase from Bessie Banks__need to "Go Now."

St. Croix valley

#1111031 Apr 4, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding your post on suicide by race; and your initial comment of I wonder why?
Canadians have access to universal single payer healthcare; that includes psychological and psychiatric problems. They don't have to fear going to get help because of financial reasons.
That may be a contributing facture; that and the weather.
On another note, another young man was killed by the Boca Raton police yesterday; he apparently had mental health problems and had a screwdriver in his hand. Did he have to be killed?
well, Phillips, standard, Torx? c'mon, give us the full details?

have you seen the damage a Torx driver can do in the hands of a maniac? the horror...the horror....

St. Croix valley

#1111032 Apr 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Oh God no__and it's a blood moon__Flack and Patriot will be pissn themselves.
But
To borrow a phrase from Bessie Banks__need to "Go Now."
yes, Eclipse this month. i wonder if the imagined craziness at the birth wards, ERs, and police booking stations drops off for the time of the eclipse, only to spring back into full "lunacy" the minute it ends...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1111033 Apr 4, 2014
DALLAS (AP) Former President George W. Bush is displaying his portraits of world leaders in the first exhibit of his work as an artist.

The portraits, which include everyone from a grim-looking Russian President Vladimir Putin to a smiling likeness of the late Czech playwright and President Vaclav Havel, are part of an exhibit opening Saturday at the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum in Dallas. He even did a self-portrait.

(self nudes in shower and bathtub)!!

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1111034 Apr 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of trying to put words in the mouths of others you should focus in on trying to place proper ones inside of your own flap-trap, Mr. Functional Illiterate.
This from a person who can't seem to go a day without posting racial slurs. I'm not putting words in your mouth, it is very clear on your posts.

St. Croix valley

#1111035 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. You keep claiming voter IDs will not cut back on voter fraud -that is wrong.
You didn't have any facts-stupid-just a bunch of opinions
I am telling you your opinions are wrong.
Happens everyday here-it is not a violation of privacy laws if the person gives consent by swiping the card.
Go look up opinions about assessing DMV records during alcohol sales and if it violates privacy laws.
What a moron!
no i gave you facts...
not one of the very few cases of documented voter fraud would have been prevented by voter IDs..not one. and i showed you why.

you can keep lying if it makes you feel better but the truth is the truth and the facts are the facts.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111036 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i usually do..
but you know you can't counter anything i have proved to you today..or yesterday...or...
anything about how your local CVS card reader can tap into the DVS database yet?!?!
what a tool you are!
Then I must not read all your posts.

Yes, it is totally amazing. The clerk verifies the photo and then you tap the card and in a little bit it comes back as "Approved" much like credit cards are verified. The clerk then completes the sale.

It is not a violation of privacy when the person who was issued the card gives permission for the DMV records to be assessed. This is where you keep stumbling.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1111037 Apr 4, 2014
7 million O-care sign-ups. Imagine the enthusiasm if non-compliance was a capital offense instead of a misdemeanor.
forks_make_us_fa t

Euless, TX

#1111038 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i usually do..
but you know you can't counter anything i have proved to you today..or yesterday...or...
anything about how your local CVS card reader can tap into the DVS database yet?!?!
what a tool you are!
What you've proved is that you take mind altering drugs all day...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1111039 Apr 4, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You already are one of the walking dead, no doubt you are costing other people money now.
Did Dave have a melt-down while I was gone?

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1111040 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they carry those with them?
what's probable cause in joisey? trying to get to new york?
They would probably have to bring you into the precinct.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1111041 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no i gave you facts...
not one of the very few cases of documented voter fraud would have been prevented by voter IDs..not one. and i showed you why.
you can keep lying if it makes you feel better but the truth is the truth and the facts are the facts.
Your opinions aren't facts.

I showed why it would be

If you cannot tell the difference-I am done with this conversation

Bordentown, NJ

#1111042 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no sweat......just refuse.....
What! And get charged as a John Doe and bail set? You would have to of had broken some law for a need for identification.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1111043 Apr 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Del Ray__the bitees name was Kern.
That's quite an award; the couple left town so he may never collect. Nevertheless; perhaps I should let that mutt across the street come and bite me; that's one way to get rid of him!
If that couple returns to the States, they're screwed.

St. Croix valley

#1111044 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I must not read all your posts.
Yes, it is totally amazing. The clerk verifies the photo and then you tap the card and in a little bit it comes back as "Approved" much like credit cards are verified. The clerk then completes the sale.
It is not a violation of privacy when the person who was issued the card gives permission for the DMV records to be assessed. This is where you keep stumbling.
they are not being accessed, that is where you keep making a total ass of yourself. those card readers just take the info off the magnetic strip..

still absolutely nothing to back up this idiotic statement of yours? nothing at all? why is that again?

why are you just posting this bullshit instead of trying to back up your stupid statement?

Bordentown, NJ

#1111045 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, people whom you give permission to to search your records can pay to get that info.(and they have to log that info onto the DMV site with their password, they don't get it by just swiping your DL card.)
not your local Walgreens or LickRmart, nor Target when they swipe your DL when you return the sweater your got for christmas...
Let Walgreens go. That was a pretty bad example. The over the counter drug part might be different, I don't know. It is a law and that ID has to be valid. No one has access to a driving record unless it's your lawyer or someone who needs it like a driver's job.

Notice I said over the counter. Realtime might confuse it with scripts.

St. Croix valley

#1111046 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions aren't facts.
I showed why it would be
If you cannot tell the difference-I am done with this conversation
no you didn't. you would need a massive data base to back it up for it to do anything, and none of the proposed ID laws include that.

you can lie all you want to about this, but the facts remain the same..showing an id at the poll would not have stopped even one of the documented cases of voter fraud you spent all morning digging up...all four or so of them...

not one. at the cost of millions per state just for the card readers...not one.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1111048 Apr 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wanted our president to act like a leader instead of a politically motivated coward. This White House never intended to push for an extension of U.S. troops in Iraq because it wasn't politically advantageous and didn't fit into his personal agenda.
This administration's negotiating strategy failed to take into account Iraqi politics and reach out to a broad enough group of Iraqi political leaders, and sent contradictory messages on the troop extension throughout the process.
Iraqi Ambassador Samir Sumaida'ie said that there was widespread support in Iraq for an extension, and there were other options such as putting the remaining troops on the embassy's diplomatic rolls which would automatically give them immunity.
Obama focused only on Maliki and neglected to consider any other options, but serious negotiations also got started far too late.
Obama wanted to make it look not like they failed to reach an agreement and fulfilled a campaign promise. It was very clear, however, Panetta and Gates wanted an agreement.
According to Andrew Tabler, senior fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, "It's particularly troubling because having some sort of presence there would have really facilitated our policy vis-a-vis the Iranians and what's going on in Syria. The Iranian influence is going up in Iraq. It makes it harder for us to play our cards, and that's a real setback. We've spent a lot of blood and treasure in Iraq. And these days, stability in that region is not what it used to be."
Obama failed once again as a leader because he's a political power hungry radical liberal.
And here's another area where the Magic Negro fails: good government. Recall when he bellowed about how his administration would be the most transparent in American history? All you can see inside of this government are rows of smiling white teeth in the darkness.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

St. Croix valley

#1111049 Apr 4, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite an award; the couple left town so he may never collect. Nevertheless; perhaps I should let that mutt across the street come and bite me; that's one way to get rid of him!
If that couple returns to the States, they're screwed.
you really should give him some info on dog bite suits. one bite is pretty much $10,000 guaranteed. you should give such info to your neighbor (and maybe his insurance company!)

side note on dog bites....in MN the electric gas company Excel energy has a zero tolerance policy on dog bites. if a dog even nips one of their workers, who can come onto your property unannounced if they need to service/check/test equipment lines, etc....that dog will be put down. you can hire all the lawyers you want, they have more and that dog will be killed. sad....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min TRD 69,705
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 187,347
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min Hey now 52,864
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 5,913
Dear Abby 4-25-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Windy Chicago beckons 2 hr Chicago 1
Adult video stores 5 hr Denny 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]