Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417883 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111701 Apr 5, 2014
If anyone thinks we are spending much more on the budget than in the past

Compares defense spending with GDP

https://twitter.com/marchaig/status/452554279...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1111702 Apr 5, 2014
Ted Williams wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in luck! I'm not in the mood to argue with a pansy... now sit there quietly and take your licks, teach... must be a pretty low bar at your school, huh? Turns out the little dress, mortar board and tassel didn't make you any smarter than when the other kids used to bat you around in school in lieu of a ball...
Dummy,,
Liberals DOMINATE our educational system and have fouled it so badly a coffee mug can graduate from HS, drop out of one college, magically get into Haaavud and be elected president....

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Location hidden

#1111703 Apr 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Orwell was not really much different than Lewis Grizzard__or more recently Carl Hiaasen.
I think what influenced Orwell's writings was reeling at the realization how easily Marxism took hold in Europe.

He truly believed the US would not be so easily guided.

Not getting the connection with Grizzard.

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Location hidden

#1111704 Apr 5, 2014
Correction
guest not quest
But I think most people could figure that out

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111705 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
If anyone thinks we are spending much more on the budget than in the past
Compares defense spending with GDP
https://twitter.com/marchaig/status/452554279...
pretty sure what we spend on the budget these days IS far more than in the past....

Location hidden

#1111706 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why are you posting this irrelevant crap to me?
do you enjoy looking like a moron?
you must have twenty or so cats you can talk to instead of bothering me...
you learn by getting out of your comfort zone....so by bothering you we all can hope that you will be the best potted plant person that has ever lived...

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Location hidden

#1111707 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dummy,,
Liberals DOMINATE our educational system and have fouled it so badly a coffee mug can graduate from HS, drop out of one college, magically get into Haaavud and be elected president....
Have you seen some of the homework coming from the CORE program?

Their math program in particular. Rather than letting a child just subtract it requires the child to use some abstract concept to do the same thing -eventually

St. Croix valley

#1111708 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what influenced Orwell's writings was reeling at the realization how easily Marxism took hold in Europe.
are you sure he wasn't pointing out that even in free societies such as ours people like you can be easily led into parroting the state line even though it flies in the face of all the visible facts like you have been doing the last few days if we do not think for ourselves?

that is what i took out of it...but you just repeated what you were told it meant in 7th grade, didn't you?

i think Orwell was talking about people just like you! and he nailed your mindless ass to the wall.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111709 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dummy,,
Interesting history you have as a coffee mug.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111710 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you sure he wasn't pointing out that even in free societies such as ours people like you can be easily led into parroting the state line even though it flies in the face of all the visible facts like you have been doing the last few days if we do not think for ourselves?
that is what i took out of it...but you just repeated what you were told it meant in 7th grade, didn't you?
i think Orwell was talking about people just like you! and he nailed your mindless ass to the wall.
I don't know about you, but I have seen roxy lie, dump and run... whether due to shame or fear is a matter of conjecture but deliberate no less!

St. Croix valley

#1111711 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
you learn by getting out of your comfort zone....so by bothering you we all can hope that you will be the best potted plant person that has ever lived...
oh sweetie...gnats bother me more than you do..and gnats dont bother me at all..

so nothing to say so far today...again....

just wasting oxygen, huh?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111712 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Their math program in particular. Rather than letting a child just subtract it requires the child to use some abstract concept to do the same thing -eventually
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" --George Bush, Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

St. Croix valley

#1111713 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting history you have as a coffee mug.....
i liked the 'magically got into harvard' part...

university admissions personnel are trained to look for people who will succeed at that institution. i bet the admissions officer that approved Obama's entrance chalked that one up as a win...

but kilt wearer would never admit to addressing reality...he'll stick to the orwellian parroting like roxi...

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1111714 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because that problem was leading to a new concept.

Yep, I saw that problem all you ignorant f*cks were having a fit about.

Your ignorance is just too funny.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1111715 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you weren't supposed to__maybe you supposed to look further into Orwell's mindset__to see what made him tic.

St. Croix valley

#1111716 Apr 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because that problem was leading to a new concept.
Yep, I saw that problem all you ignorant f*cks were having a fit about.
Your ignorance is just too funny.
what problem was that?

St. Croix valley

#1111717 Apr 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you weren't supposed to__maybe you supposed to look further into Orwell's mindset__to see what made him tic.
no siree bub..Roxhead only parrots the exact line he was told to repeat...no thinking allowed there...

he was told exactly what orwell meant, and that is that, no questioning what the authorities say at all...

i think i hear Orwell laughing in his grave at Roxhead...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1111718 Apr 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, you're a one dimensional thinker in a three dimensional world. You're also engaging in the logical fallacy that a college prof of mine described as either/ orishness.
I don't want the government to build my car or my computer or make my jeans or grow my food. Those activities rightfully belong in the public, free market sector. However there need to be rules and regulations protecting worker safety, protecting the public from pollution or unsafe products, protecting our food supplies and preventing the kind of unsafe financial practices that nearly sent us into another depression. These rules and regulations need the force of law as it's been historically shown that industries will not self regulate.
So yes Carol, there needs to be some degree of government control over capitalism and the free market.
Totally agree, these tea bagger one liners of "my personal freedom" in the crowded world of the 21st century has as much relevance as a fart in a thunderstorm. They never seem to see the bigger picture whether it's growth ,economics, welfare , the environment, education, health etc etc.
A fantasy simplistic world where everything is solved by either God or the Dollar.

Location hidden

#1111719 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You don't dodge son?
Sure you do!
Another lie to add to your list...
You sound more comfortable...like in a cage, sitting on a perch

Location hidden

#1111720 Apr 5, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree, these tea bagger one liners of "my personal freedom" in the crowded world of the 21st century has as much relevance as a fart in a thunderstorm. They never seem to see the bigger picture whether it's growth ,economics, welfare , the environment, education, health etc etc.
A fantasy simplistic world where everything is solved by either God or the Dollar.
you start talking about WELFARE reform or drug testing for recipients and just watch liberals crap their pants....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 18 min SweLL GirL 9,376
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 27 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,027
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Hill4me 222,372
Word (Dec '08) 27 min Hatti_Hollerand 6,691
Social Security 27 min LOGIC is in trouble 7
last post wins! (Apr '13) 27 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,450
News Fewer detectives plus more homicides equals few... 39 min grounded in reality 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 103,448

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages