Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417184 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111421 Apr 5, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Whata Country, Barack Hussein Obama asked for the job, with all that in place? "Elect me, Elect me, I'll stop the war? Problem was he couldn't control the "towelheads" and the war continues. All of what you post happened within Barack Hussein Obama's tenure as President. Tell us something we don't know
Oh! You want a country to control people.

Then you should live in China son. Or even Singapore.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1111422 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange. I read the law off the DMV site.
When did you post this alleged article?
Foolish foolish foolish. There are fifty states, each with it's very own DMV to support the laws of that particular state.

Pray tell__which of those DMV's are you citing???

Additionally__it was the political right who led the charge against E-Verify citing privacy issues. Has it occurred to you that your silly scanning solutions put the "scanees" at tremendous risk for identity theft.
Col Corker

Anchorage, AK

#1111423 Apr 5, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you forgot to read the Bill of Rights especially the parts about freedom of speech and religion
No, nope... I read it... You see, this is sort of like me wanting you to define "reality...." You see these 18th century scribblings as something sacrosanct, immutable, perfect already... I see them as nothing of the sort. You have my permission to play electric guitars and rip phone books apart for Jesus. what you DON'T have is my permission to make laws regarding me and the absence of those things. Whatever was intended by "The Bill of Rights" it is OBVIOUS that you subvert it at every turn. You admire and quote those passages that seem to support your inane arguments in some way and decry those that don't; you have selective reading...

Your opinion is worthless, it is NOT based in "reality," according to carol, at least... and to me...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111424 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
''woodentick'' never supplies a link....
we are supposed to take his word as fact...
and yet i did for this.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111425 Apr 5, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Criminals and Perverts aka the Democrat Party.
The Radical Homosexuals are your pet projects. Less that 2% of the entire population: embrace them.
Isn't that what that 1930's German leader considered jews son?

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111426 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're saying radical Christians and radical Muslims have something in common?
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
and so.....
Man, 70, Stoned to Death for Being Gay: Police
Suspect said the Old Testament told him that gays must be stoned, police say
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Man...
pretty sure that's not a 'mute point'. whatever the hell that is.
You sniveling, spineless progressives cannot suck it up and admit that most violent acts against gays is due to the Islam.

Your faux outrage to one religion while ignoring the real hate crimes done by another indicates you don't give a damn about gays.

All it is vote hustling-no principals at all.
Col Corker

Anchorage, AK

#1111427 Apr 5, 2014
So, sticking with the "reality" theme for a while... is it realistic to cling to the vague tenets of an 18th century document that the AUTHORS had little regard for if it should fly in the face of rising water and natural "reality?" Are you suggesting the constitution holds more water than the earth does?
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1111428 Apr 5, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, now you're going to tell me you were fingerprinted by the cops for no reason at all?
This, from someone who doesn't know the difference between scripts and over the counter drugs that need an ID.
Realtime doesn't know the difference between many things - the two biggest being the crap he posts and reality.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111429 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Visually checking the card was NEVER excluded as an option-you just don't have the verification the card is legit.
NEVER said it was used for out of state cards-that was you
Anyone who is a licensed liquor merchant may purchase and use the merchant system. They are mandated to program the equipment so it only obtains the card number and birthdate.
Any motel has the equipment that can modify magnetic strips so these are no longer on the cards. The cards now has a QR code.
Any other questions?
Still waiting for that proof of marketing firms getting ahold of DMV information son.

Are you having a problem with truth and honesty again?

St. Croix valley

#1111430 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange. I read the law off the DMV site.
When did you post this alleged article?
in my response to you. funny how you always seem to ignore it when people prove you wrong.

why don't you post a link to this law as i requested?

your opinion isn't fact.
Col Corker

Anchorage, AK

#1111431 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be 'empowered' to direct people silly....
you are submissive and weak, that's why you have to vote for food, retirement, insurance....you know the list...
So, um, tell me again how all that applies to Albert Schweitzer and his lepers?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1111432 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
can't speak for Governor Perry, but prison rape is not of any interest to most Americans.......
lack of jobs and loss of medical insurance because of ObamaKKKare are much more important.....
That's the exact answer I would expect of someone who championed the torture and prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib.

Last year one private military contractors involved in Abu Ghraib paid $5.28 million to 71 former prisoners for abuse. If states turn a blind eye to abuses in their prisons, it seems only fair that taxpayers be left with the bill to settle the lawsuits are sure to follow.

St. Croix valley

#1111434 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not like it yesterday when numerous people pointed out that he was confusing his opinions for facts.
that was there opinion, not fact.

the facts are you still haven't shown one case of voter fraud that showing a photo ID at the poll would have prevented. not one.

you still haven't shown that the guy down at the Circle K, or CVS is accessing the DMV database everytime he swipes your DL

it seems you need to take your own advice and stop posting your opinion as fact.

i have proven all my points, you have proven none.

shit, i'm still waiting for you to back up your statement of many days ago about your support of change you are still running from that one! too cowardly to admit you are wrong...too stupid to realize it also.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1111435 Apr 5, 2014
Perception is reality?

One ¨reality¨ perceived by many is that there is a ¨permanent underclass of scores of millions who cannot cope and must be carried by society—fed, clothed, housed, tutored, medicated at taxpayer’s expense their entire lives. We have a dependent nation the size of Spain in our independent America. We have a new division in our country, those who pay a double or triple fare, and those who ride forever free.¨
Col Corker

Anchorage, AK

#1111436 Apr 5, 2014
Possibly you can "direct people" out of an abiding love for mankind rather than the visceral hatred of it you display... but... I see, I suppose... Albert did what he did because he had a business plan and figured out how to save for his retirement by stealing the rags from the crumbling bodies of the poor and disfigured and re-selling them? Selling their livers to Israel? Must've seen a profit in there somewhere, right? Or why would you be quoting him?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1111437 Apr 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want the government to build my car or my computer or make my jeans or grow my food. Those activities rightfully belong in the public, free market sector.
....and yet, you people created Government Motors, a corrupt union-government partnership that builds death traps......

and sent some clueless woman to take the brunt of Congressional criticism.....
Col Corker

Anchorage, AK

#1111438 Apr 5, 2014
Oh sweetie... I'm waiting... it can't be THAT hard to figure out..?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111439 Apr 5, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying a person of faith has no right to an opinion?
Is that the kind of tolerance we can expect from Democrats?
Well it would appear the Church is willing to pay for silence to the tune of nearly $3B when pedophilia is committed. And all they do is shift the 'offender' from one place to another.

So according to your criteria, this is acceptable Church doctrine....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111440 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us are 'chosen' to teach, to mentor others....
and some....well, they can't tie their shoes without a link from 'talkingpointsmemo'.....
What country are you from son?

You're obviously not American.
Col Corker

Anchorage, AK

#1111441 Apr 5, 2014
You'd better HOPE the Constitution holds more water than the earth does, you'd better hope it's, like, the world's biggest Bounty paper towel... But I'll give you a hint (I've seen it...) it doesn't appear to be very absorbent.... particularly if it already includes you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Leeward Outlier 222,254
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min OzRitz 60,993
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,404
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr GEORGIA 1,924
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 6,684
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr GEORGIA 3,017
News Former Mayor Daley responds to question about C... 6 hr grounded in reality 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 103,417

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages