Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236309 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

Chicago, IL

#1110098 Apr 3, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure sounds like an admission to me!!!
Agreed!

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1110099 Apr 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wanted our president to act like a leader instead of a politically motivated coward. This White House never intended to push for an extension of U.S. troops in Iraq because it wasn't politically advantageous and didn't fit into his personal agenda.
This administration's negotiating strategy failed to take into account Iraqi politics and reach out to a broad enough group of Iraqi political leaders, and sent contradictory messages on the troop extension throughout the process.
Iraqi Ambassador Samir Sumaida'ie said that there was widespread support in Iraq for an extension, and there were other options such as putting the remaining troops on the embassy's diplomatic rolls which would automatically give them immunity.
Obama focused only on Maliki and neglected to consider any other options, but serious negotiations also got started far too late.
Obama wanted to make it look not like they failed to reach an agreement and fulfilled a campaign promise. It was very clear, however, Panetta and Gates wanted an agreement.
According to Andrew Tabler, senior fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, "It's particularly troubling because having some sort of presence there would have really facilitated our policy vis-a-vis the Iranians and what's going on in Syria. The Iranian influence is going up in Iraq. It makes it harder for us to play our cards, and that's a real setback. We've spent a lot of blood and treasure in Iraq. And these days, stability in that region is not what it used to be."
Obama failed once again as a leader because he's a political power hungry radical liberal.
Bullcrap. So the person who actually wrote your post wanted Obama to go around Maliki. I thought Maliki was the leader in Iraq? And instead the plan was to throw him under the bus?

No immunity, no troops.
Debil in Miss Jones

Silver Spring, MD

#1110100 Apr 3, 2014
rev billy bob wrote:
OK, this toggling back and forth between rev billy and leanne is wearing me out ... glad that brain dead sl ut is taking a pipe break ...
You're wearin' MY ass out, I can tell ye that...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110101 Apr 3, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Insurance is supposed to protect against catastrophes. ObamaCare will make private insurance plan costs skyrocket because of the way it works. If ObamaCare were applied to car insurance, you'd get "free" oil changes and tire rotations and could wait until after your accident occured to sign up. But ObamaCare itself IS the catastropy and will eventually end the private plans most Americans prefer.
ObammyCare was forced on us, Basically, the problem with American health care as far as the Democratic Party and the media were concerned was that there were 30 million people uninsured in this country. For everybody else, it was working fine, but 30 million people had no health insurance. And that was the problem. They've "solved" the problem - and there will STILL be roughly 30 million uninsured by the time this has shaken through.
But in the meantime, the only people signing up to Obamacare are people who were entirely, for the most part, people who were entirely happy with their health plans, but had them declared ILLEGAL by the government, and so were FORCED ONTO OBAMACARE.
And by the way, it's not even, I don't even accept "health insurance" as the term for what it is now, because insurance is supposed to insure you against catastrophe.
AT OBAMACARE RATES, THE INSURANCE ITSELF IS THE CATASTROPHE.
Obama will soon require all car owners to purchase extended warranties and carry zero deductible comprehensive and collision.....so they don't lose their homes if they have a car accident or need a new transmission....

Carlisle, PA

#1110102 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
voting in two states in the same election IS voter fraud, simpleton......
I'm guessing those people had a photo ID. Dipsh*t.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1110103 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
I am leaving for awhile -stupid to have post this but quack, quack Daffy gets so confused.
I have given Ghost and his drawer full of Sox Dimbos enough attention. I think what Ghost fears most is being ignored.
Awwww!
Was it something I said?
We were just "razzin" ya.
I now know why make dog gets so happy when I let him chew on an old shoe.
Debil in Miss Jones

Silver Spring, MD

#1110104 Apr 3, 2014
(11 Labs over here...) all but 1, black.... and, no, that doesn't mean anything beyond what it says..

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1110106 Apr 3, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The graph is there for you to see yet you still can't believe it. If you notice some of those bumps are bigger than the currant one. I feel sorry for you. I really do!
Could you re-post it. I am trying to catch-up on the serious posts here.
Debil in Miss Jones

Silver Spring, MD

#1110108 Apr 3, 2014
rev billy bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty bleak imagery there, too, ma man! I love the "facet in the rough diamond of the conservative mind" too. Multiple meataphors to ring gloriously down the halls of time ...
Thank you.. and.. you're welcome.... I sort of liked that one too...it's a keeper...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1110109 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
voting in two states in the same election IS voter fraud, simpleton......
who has been convicted of doing that?

Carlisle, PA

#1110110 Apr 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
incorrect....only if your income is below a certain amount.....
I said "making that money" referring to the ceiling amount you posted.

Try to keep up.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1110111 Apr 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullcrap. So the person who actually wrote your post wanted Obama to go around Maliki. I thought Maliki was the leader in Iraq? And instead the plan was to throw him under the bus?
No immunity, no troops.
Yes, it is better to stomp away and allow the terrorist groups to get another foot hold. But, hey you meant a deadline.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1110112 Apr 3, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, he was able to successfully withdraw from iraq and is ahead of schedule for Afghanistan despite your claims of his handicaps.
I guess you're proving reich wingers and bushie were REALLY handicapped, eh?
Your ability to prove it is much appreciated!
What success? All the gains made by America after and because of 9-11 have been undone by Obammy's surrender. Meanwhile, the world laughs at his "red lines."

Bend, Obammy, Bend--you flexible girlie thang ;)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110114 Apr 3, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Jeb Bush Is Not the Answer For What Ails the GOP
Jeb Bush will probably receive more than a respectful hearing inside the GOP over the next two years, and much of it will be based on the faulty assumption that he can win in traditionally Democratic states. This wasn’t true of his brother, and it wasn’t true of McCain or Romney, and it almost certainly won’t be true of him. Jeb Bush represents exactly the kind of Republicanism that makes the GOP uncompetitive in all of the states across the Northeast and Midwest that they need to be able to carry in order to win presidential elections. He is pro-corporate, pro-immigration, and pro-war, and all of these are political losers. A Republican Party that thinks Jeb Bush is the answer to its electoral woes is a party that is sure to keep losing one presidential election after another.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
just out of curiosity, exactly who does your phony "conservative" website support for President???....
M Stein

New York, NY

#1110115 Apr 3, 2014
Debil in Miss Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wearin' MY ass out, I can tell ye that...
What Obama said to Putin.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1110116 Apr 3, 2014
Debil in Miss Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
This is actually very funny, I missed it earlier... good on ya, bud...
I missed that one too. As dumb as he is I think he's on to something.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1110117 Apr 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I'm guessing those people had a photo ID. Dipsh*t.
But, after the latest round-up of voter frauds at least the progressives are no longer arguing --"What voter fraud?"
Debil in Miss Jones

Silver Spring, MD

#1110118 Apr 3, 2014
rev billy bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, one last observation: You and carol are like siamese twins, formerly conjoined at the tops of your heads, then hacked apart and shoved off in different directions with nothing but little back packs and a carton of ciggies ...you're still having phantom after the huge gashes in your head sort of healed up ...
Heheheheheheheh... Whew!
Patrick

United States

#1110119 Apr 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I'm guessing those people had a photo ID. Dipsh*t.
back with the boca jew posts . she is quite a lady
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1110120 Apr 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you hate women and have fantasies about raping them. Ghost, you told me that bluntly one day.
And daffy and useless thinks you are someone to hang with. Some people are slow
That's a republican trait son. Check with Clay Williams

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min FastandFurious 189,857
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min IBdaMann 53,593
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min James 51,763
amy 6-2 16 min Mister Tonka 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 99,596
abby 6-2 2 hr PEllen 14
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 6 hr Drifter 46
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]