Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1375340 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1110757 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion Barbie doesn't have a chance.....
sanity doesn't play well in Texas...we know.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1110758 Apr 4, 2014
What influences one to vote for a Democrat?

GIMMEDATS....who want or need something....vote....

"If the poor do not see redistributive choices offered by candidates they will be more alienated and less likely to vote..."

Leighley, J., & Jonathan Nagler.(2014).'Who Votes Now?: Demographics, Issues, Inequality, and Turnout in the United States'.
Princeton Univ Press : NJ. Page 10.

Professor Leighley...

http://www.american.edu/spa/faculty/leighley....

Professor Nagler...

http://politics.as.nyu.edu/object/JonathanNag...

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1110759 Apr 4, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They are talking about catastrophic insurance numbnuts not prepaid medical care. Dumbass!!!!
"Tip number three: Make sure you have health coverage. You are only one accident or illness away from financial disaster if you don't have health insurance. I know you feel invincible in your 20s, but without coverage, you could rack up tens of thousands of dollars in medical expenses."

It does not say catastrophic.

Its talking about being responsible & not gambling on your financial well being.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1110761 Apr 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Let me know where in the Constitution ID is required son.
The Framers never envisioned illegal immigration or an over-bloated Federal government so that fraud and abuse would be so easy.

We all want a fair election, don't we? You wouldn't want to win knowing it wasn't a legitimate win, would you?

I'm asking the wrong person these questions, aren't I?

St. Croix valley

#1110762 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't address the other 35,000 bogus voters
Do you think before you post?
those supposed, maybe, possibly assumed illegal voters? no i didn't bother...why would i?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1110763 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
California's rich need to help their poor folks, not me...

I have my own dead beats that need help here...

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1110764 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion Barbie doesn't have a chance.....
Her claim to fame was short lived

Strange how Abortion Barbie got so much MSM attention as a state legislator.

While....

But when Yee(D CA state senator) who is running for CA Sec of State and a big anti-gun proponent gets arrested for gun-running there is crickets from the MSM

When MSM was contacted via their twitter accounts for why not. This was their tweet back

"We don't cover state senators"

St. Croix valley

#1110765 Apr 4, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just an fyi. When you die and are on SS the SSA will call your heirs within a couple of days demanding back the portion of your SSI check for the percentage of the month left. Doesn't matter if it was spent they want it back. Seems there could be some way for them to inform the voter registration of your demise.
yes. try telling people in this nation that the feds are going to get involved in their state's election process.

good luck with that!

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1110766 Apr 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tip number three: Make sure you have health coverage. You are only one accident or illness away from financial disaster if you don't have health insurance. I know you feel invincible in your 20s, but without coverage, you could rack up tens of thousands of dollars in medical expenses."
Its talking about being responsible & not gambling on your financial well being.
You can sign up after the fact

Orlando, FL

#1110767 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
Oh My: Audit Finds Evidence of Widespread Voter Fraud in North Carolina
According to this audit by the North Carolina Elections Oversight Committee, at least 81 dead people have been voting from the grave, and more than 35,000 people with matching full names and dates of birth voted in both North Carolina and another state in the 2012 general election.
To put that number in context, Barack Obama carried North Carolina by fewer than 15,000 votes in 2008.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/0...
This is precisely what the Framers never envisioned. A party so desperate for power they would do anything to make the Federal government so obese it could never catch up to all their fraud and abuse.

Time to put a cork in it and require an ID to vote. Simple solution. Perhaps too simple and too effective. Why democrats are freaking out.

Blain, PA

#1110768 Apr 4, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
'The unemployment rate for January was 4.7 percent, the lowest since July 01..."
Morman, R.(2007).'Bush's Sixth Year'. AuthorHouse ; IN, Page 27.
Is that a lie because a Republican was in the WH?

At the end of Bush's 8th year, the U6 was over 14%.
No what?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1110770 Apr 4, 2014
How the GOP Sold Out Middle America for Corporate America

At the Cold War’s end, the GOP reached a fork in the road. The determination of Middle Americans to preserve the country they grew up in, suddenly collided with the profit motive of Corporate America. The Fortune 500 wanted to close factories in the USA and ship production abroad—where unions did not exist, regulations were light, taxes were low, and wages were a fraction of what they were here in America. Corporate America was going global and wanted to be rid of its American work force, the best paid on earth, and replace it with cheap foreign labor. While manufacturing sought to move production abroad, hotels, motels, bars, restaurants, farms, and construction companies that could not move abroad also wanted to replace their expensive American workers.

Thanks to the Republican Party, Corporate America got it all.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/how-th...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110772 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock off the smear crap-it makes you seem stodgy and suffocating old.
The Act was signed into law10 years and you want me to believe it just going into effect-that is a moronic claim. I see you are being dishonest here so I will ask Galt what is happening.
Texas is not the only state having difficulty with the law......

http://www.npr.org/2014/04/02/298332579/enfor...

and the law has no enforcement provisions except to withhold some federal funding, generally far less than the cost of implementing the law.....

Galt believes that this issue is not on the radar screen of the voters who will punish the DemoKKKrats in November for screwing them with ObamaKKKare....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1110773 Apr 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Grief!!!!! Now I know you can't read!!!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1110774 Apr 4, 2014
Who votes...

US has a 60 percent voter turnout...

80 percent of high income earners vote...

"barely 50 percent of low income citizens do"

Leighley, J., & Jonathan Nagler.(2014).'Who Votes Now?: Demographics, Issues, Inequality, and Turnout in the United States'.
Princeton Univ Press : NJ. Page 10.

Blain, PA

#1110775 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
Obamanomics...
Self-identified 'middle class' radically shrinks under Obama
The “fundamental transformation” President Obama promised us is well underway. The largely self-reliant, proud, and prosperous American middle class is shrinking, and the dependent, subsidized, and generally envious lower middle class and lower class has expanded dramatically since 2008.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/04/s...
Another dishonest right whiner POS blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1110776 Apr 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
American 'Thinker'? lol
You just used an unknown blog that wasn't exactly accurate in his commentary.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1110777 Apr 4, 2014
GOP Seen as Principled, But Out of Touch and Too Extreme

http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/26/gop-se...

Orlando, FL

#1110778 Apr 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevermind George Soros and the unions funding the democrats and liberal causes and how both pale in comparison to the Koch Brothers' contributions.
This is how that should have read.

Nevermind George Soros and the unions funding the democrats and their liberal causes. The Koch Brothers' contributions pale in comparison.

Harry Reid and the democrats won't bring that up.

(Sorry for the confusion.)

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1110779 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is opposed to the federal government micro-managing state functions........
perhaps Texas has better ways to reduce the incidence of prison rape than the federal standards.....
Holder raising the age of adult offenders to 18 created a big problem for Texas whose age is 17

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Dr Guru 213,252
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,474
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr Tami 8,442
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 58,880
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Pasquali 8,115
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr PEllen 2,270
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr PEllen 6,003
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr pundit 101,744
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages