Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1621004 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1110971 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
code the drivers license as "non-citizen"......
and do you need a DL to register or just any form of ID?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110972 Apr 4, 2014
flack wrote:
Walmart's so-called alcohol policy
Posted Wed July 14, 2010 11:26 pm, by Susanne B. written to Walmart
Write a Letter to this Company | Rate this Company
I am a 26 year old woman and recently went to walmart. My 21 year old friend happened to be in the store and accompanied me to the cash register to chat while his mom shopped. I went to the cashier to purchase some beer and handed over my I.D. she rang up my beer, I swiped my debit card and then she noticed me talking casually and asked him for his I.D. He didn't have it on him at the time and went to his mom's car to retrieve it as he was not making a purchase and would not have needed it. I asked the cashier why she needed his I.D when we were not even together and she said it was the store policy. My friend came back into the store after I was already embarassed by other customers in line behind me making comments as if I was someone who commited a crime. It turns out, my friend did not have his wallet with him since he was only accompanying his mom at the store. The cashier said she could not sell the beer to me and I asked to see a manager since it was so ridiculous that I could not purchase the beer due to running into a friend at the store. The manager did not help me and I walked out with nothing. I have never heard of such a policy anywhere. If this is in fact Walmart store policy, there should be signs next to the alcohol section of the store and next to the register. I walked out very unlucky, angry and embarrassed that other customers thought I was trying to buy alcohol for a minor and it also embarassed my friend who did nothing wrong and was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I would like Walmart to put up signs stating this store policy near the alcohol and near the registers.
"straw" purchases of alcohol are a common problem and stores are held responsible for same......

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1110973 Apr 4, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He knows one of you right wing terrorists would love to kill him.
He should bet on tomorrow's races and not waste his insight on hating so much.

St. Croix valley

#1110974 Apr 4, 2014
flack wrote:
I am a 26 year old woman and recently went to walmart. My 21 year old friend happened to be in the store and accompanied me to the cash register to chat while his mom shopped. I went to the cashier to purchase some beer and handed over my I.D. she rang up my beer, I swiped my debit card and then she noticed me talking casually and asked him for his I.D. He didn't have it on him at the time and went to his mom's car to retrieve it as he was not making a purchase and would not have needed it. I asked the cashier why she needed his I.D when we were not even together and she said it was the store policy. My friend came back into the store after I was already embarassed by other customers in line behind me making comments as if I was someone who commited a crime. It turns out, my friend did not have his wallet with him since he was only accompanying his mom at the store. The cashier said she could not sell the beer to me and I asked to see a manager since it was so ridiculous that I could not purchase the beer due to running into a friend at the store. The manager did not help me and I walked out with nothing. I have never heard of such a policy anywhere. If this is in fact Walmart store policy, there should be signs next to the alcohol section of the store and next to the register. I walked out very unlucky, angry and embarrassed that other customers thought I was trying to buy alcohol for a minor and it also embarassed my friend who did nothing wrong and was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I would like Walmart to put up signs stating this store policy near the alcohol and near the registers.
most liquor stores in Mn post that people under 21 must be accompanied by parents or guardian to be in the store... very reasonable rule.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1110975 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democratic Officials and Activists Linked to ACORN Plead Guilty in Voter Fraud Case
Numerous voters told Fox News that they were stunned that their signatures were faked on absentee ballot applications and ballots, which were cast as real votes in their names in the 2009 primary election.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/...
Your move
So explain how a photo ID at the polls would have stopped it.

Look,dumbass, where is the voter fraud that a photo ID requirement at the polls will prevent?

That has always been the question.

Not that there is no voter fraud.

Republicans know that the top two methods of voter fraud deal with absentee balloting & legal alien residents thinking they can vote. Neither is stopped by a photo ID at the poll.

Republicans know that there are no statistics that there is significant voter fraud that a photo ID will stop.

None.

They know this.

& Yet they keep passing these photo ID laws.

So I guess what you are saying is that it is OK for Republicans to cheat to try to win elections.

You think so little about of democracy & the right to vote, that you support stopping millions from voting so your party of no ideas & poor governing record can win a elections.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1110976 Apr 4, 2014
flack wrote:
Where did you find that gem Flacko???

Blain, PA

#1110978 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
welfare bums vote for candidates who promise to steal more money from working people to give to the lazy......
Obviously you are talking about corporate welfare bums like big oil.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1110979 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people here only heckle. You will learn the ability to fly right past them.
You do it quite often son.

You blow right by things you don't like... especially facts.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1110981 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong
Whoosh! Blew right by....

Blain, PA

#1110982 Apr 4, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
are you sure about that?
Jan 5.0
Feb 4.9
Mar 5.1
Apr 5.0
May 5.4
Jun 5.6
Jul 5.8
Aug 6.1
Sep 6.5
Oct 6.5
Nov 6.8
Dec 7.3
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
U6

Look it up.

Dumbass
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1110983 Apr 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you sweat when the nice policeman tells you to put your finger on the electronic fingerprint identification pad. LOL
wow. They have those now?

Never seen one....

St. Croix valley

#1110984 Apr 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So explain how a photo ID at the polls would have stopped it.
Look,dumbass, where is the voter fraud that a photo ID requirement at the polls will prevent?
That has always been the question.
Not that there is no voter fraud.
Republicans know that the top two methods of voter fraud deal with absentee balloting & legal alien residents thinking they can vote. Neither is stopped by a photo ID at the poll.
Republicans know that there are no statistics that there is significant voter fraud that a photo ID will stop.
None.
They know this.
& Yet they keep passing these photo ID laws.
So I guess what you are saying is that it is OK for Republicans to cheat to try to win elections.
You think so little about of democracy & the right to vote, that you support stopping millions from voting so your party of no ideas & poor governing record can win a elections.
i have to wonder how many times those facts will have to be presented to these idiots before they actually grasp reality?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1110985 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"straw" purchases of alcohol are a common problem and stores are held responsible for same......
No they're not. The laws are specific for the cashiers in most states are on the hook for underage sales.

Short version__the person that brings the alcohol/items to the cashier and offers a method of payment will be carded. Carded is self explanatory except perhaps on this thread.

If you've got specific information to the contrary__go ahead and link it__I'm already waiting on some other lying POS.

Don't forget tobacco items righties. they'll be good for another two or three pages of nonsense.

God knows that you scumbags thrive on nonsense.

St. Croix valley

#1110986 Apr 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Whoosh! Blew right by....
yeah...no doubt...

you notice a total lack of that coward around...if it weren't for the flash of yellow i saw in the distance, i wouldn't have even seen him running away...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1110987 Apr 4, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause it's in my hand and I'm gonna fk your hillbilly bestie with it.
Then you.
wth is the matter with you?

I am going on record right now, your IQ is under a hundred....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1110988 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have to wonder how many times those facts will have to be presented to these idiots before they actually grasp reality?
It's been presented a thousand or more times on this thread, to the somewhere between 5 and 15 rightwingjobs (depending on time/day/screen name) who gather here regularly during some point in their topix day.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1110989 Apr 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Obviously you are talking about corporate welfare bums like big oil.
You mean these guys, Mr. Magoo?

"Obama was top recipient of BP-related dollars in 2008"

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/05/bp.lob...

Yes, I thought so weasel.

Blain, PA

#1110990 Apr 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
With the pre-existing condition provision, one doesn't have to purchase insurance. Simply pay the fine until you need medical care. The fine, cough tax, is much less than insurance premiums.
So, when you keel over with the "big one", I guess you are going to call your agent & buy a policy before the ambulance arrives.
When the line is busy & they take you to the hospital & you die in 2 days without gaining consciousness. Your family gets hit with a huge hospital bill.
Great thinking.
Maybe your kid falls out of the tree in your yard & is writhing in pain with broken limbs & back & you'll tell him to wait until you buy that policy before you dial 911.
Anyone who gives a sh*t about their family & doesn't have a good health insurance policy is dumber than sh*t.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1110991 Apr 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>wow. They have those now?
Never seen one....
But you have used these plenty of time, son!

http://www.lifeguardbreathtester.com/Preventi...

St. Croix valley

#1110992 Apr 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No they're not. The laws are specific for the cashiers in most states are on the hook for underage sales.
Short version__the person that brings the alcohol/items to the cashier and offers a method of payment will be carded. Carded is self explanatory except perhaps on this thread.
If you've got specific information to the contrary__go ahead and link it__I'm already waiting on some other lying POS.
Don't forget tobacco items righties. they'll be good for another two or three pages of nonsense.
God knows that you scumbags thrive on nonsense.
both the store and the individual seller (cashier, salesperson) can be held to both state penalties and civil suits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Benghazi, the REAL story. 1 hr test 17
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Quirky 242,800
The Party of Racism. 2 hr KKK r DEMS 65
The truth and nuttin but. 2 hr WWBroadsREvil 26
Why can 2 Black Reps. get media protection & Wh... 2 hr Left is EVIL 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 64,005
TOYOTA , Warranty Fraud, Negligent Mechanic, mi... (Sep '15) 5 hr lich tran 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages