Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234749 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1109112 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Four questions:
1. Does the buck stop with the president or not?
2. If the references to Al Qaeda were taken out of the initial CIA reports, who had the power to do that without the president's knowledge?
3. If someone told Susan Rice to perpetrate a lie about a spontaneous mob and a video, who had the power to do that without the president's knowledge?
4. And which is more scary? A president who is behind a major cover up to win an election or a president not knowing anything that goes on within his own administration?
Answer the questions.
yes, what does that have to do with anything we are talking about?

many people had that power. namely, the people who stated they did it

how do you know why the people attacked the embassy?

this is not a major cover-up at all, it was bad PR. they should have jus come out and said they don't know who did the attack or why.

what is it you think they were covering up? what did them talking about the video change?

i answered your questions. answer mine. why are you still dancing on the graves of those brave americans that died for you in a lame attempt to keep this partisan witch hunt alive?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1109113 Apr 2, 2014
And don't all gang up on me. This is why people hate Republicans./rightwingers, they gang up and badger people, sorta like Fox News.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1109114 Apr 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The only big fat lie is you.
The CBO said the ACA will decrease the deficit
That is a fact.
it's a fact they said it, what they said is the big fat lie you slurp up.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1109115 Apr 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem with that at all. A problem develops when they begin to poke their fingers in your eye by building a Muslim center near the twin tower location and calling it Cordoba, or when they hold a Million Muslim march on 911.
why would that be a problem? whose eye would they be poking? there were muslim centers all over that area already.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1109117 Apr 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The only big fat lie is you.
The CBO said the ACA will decrease the deficit
That is a fact.
Still waiting for your response to these hypocritical douche bag Il Douche supporters:

Here's 2 examples of how hypocritical Hollywood supporters have shipped American jobs overseas:

DreamWorks Animation formed a partnership in 2008 with an animation company in Bangalore, India, which is called Paprikaas Interactive Services. Paprikaas offers a wide variety of animation services, including character modeling, set design, and animation for movies, TV shows, and video games. The company counts among its clients Nickelodeon, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft.

In February DreamWorks announced a $2 billion deal with the Chinese government, which involved the building of a production studio in Shanghai. The deal came to fruition just days after Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping made a visit to Los Angeles to meet with Katzenberg. "

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen

Care to deny it?

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1109118 Apr 2, 2014
Breathe deep...

EPA tested deadly pollutants on humans to push Obama adminís agenda

The Environmental Protection Agency has been conducting dangerous experiments on humans over the past few years in order to justify more onerous clean air regulations.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/02/report-epa-...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1109119 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between a $400 billion Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization Act to help the elderly afford life-saving medications that was supported by both parties and a multi-trillion dollar health care law that was passed by a strictly partisan vote creating unnecessary confusion and upheaval so one president can have his "legacy"?
Medications for the elderly - passed by both parties -$400 billion.
ObamaCare - strictly Democratic vote using back room deals -$2 trillion and counting.
We won't even go into the lies and deception or if it's even going to work or not. According to Harry Reid, it's just the first step toward single-payer. They have to create enough confusion so we will surrender.
Surely, even you can see the difference.
One is funded, one adds 74% of its cost to the debt.

The Democrats voted no 96% in the House & 75% in the Senate.

The Democrats did not hold a meeting in December of 2000 & decide to vote no on everything George Bush wanted.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1109120 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Where were you this fall when the insurance policies were being cancelled?
I still think this contrary act is NOT working for you -oh well.
I am done with this silliness. Take care
When the president's public apology to all those people who lost their insurance was all over the news, it does seem rather pointless at times trying to reason with some on here about really important things they willfully ignore as well.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1109121 Apr 2, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> Come on now, rockslow, you really out to get to bed before you get to arguing about seventeen candidates.
This was some post----

Hmmm, Leo calls me rockslow-later denies it and claims she has known rockslow forever.

Also includes this " really out to get to bed"

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1109122 Apr 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem with that at all. A problem develops when they begin to poke their fingers in your eye by building a Muslim center near the twin tower location and calling it Cordoba, or when they hold a Million Muslim march on 911.
I don't agree with your contention that religious promotion should be allowed on public property. I do agree that Muslim center and march was insensitive. I believe my position is more consistent than yours as I don't see the need for any public expression of religion that encroaches the lives of others.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1109123 Apr 2, 2014
Rock Slow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy vey!
lol! Every time I see 'oy vey!' I think of McHale's Navy.....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1109124 Apr 2, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want any of this shiit.
Look pal, we are a Christian nation and we'll kill every last one of you sumbitches to prove it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1109125 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I say the same thing to Obama and his fellow corrupt Chicago politicians every day.
And you will get your wish on Obama.

I can even tell you the day....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1109127 Apr 2, 2014
That may have been over the top.

Peace be with you.

Remember when those rightwing retards were going after every one wearing a turban after 9/11?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1109128 Apr 2, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Well, my grandmother, both my grandfathers for a start--and they had insurance, not to mention the 45,000 or so a year. Now, just quietly go to your corner and grovel because we are getting rid of another passive/aggressive whiner at the moment.
".....and they had insurance.." Hey, you may be on to something. My mother had insurance and she died too! Could it be insurance is killing our old folks?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1109131 Apr 2, 2014
Democrats need special training to understand what their leaders give them...

"...This same survey found the top three ACA provisions that increased costs in 2013 were the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCORI) fee, general ACA administrative costs, and explaining ACA provisions to participants."

http://www.americanhealthpolicy.org/content/d...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1109132 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "I turned against Nixon when he delayed ending the war for political reasons" didn't you understand?
I didn't vote until 1980. I voted for Reagan and have been a voting conservative ever since.
Should probably add that once again your math is out of order.

Clue__subtract your age from today/current school year__add the age when you began school and then the years to 11th grade (Jr year) keeping in mind that Nixon took office in 1969.

Why am I not surprised?

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1109134 Apr 2, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Just like the second amendment, the right to bear arms does not equal the right to own a gun. Very precise indeed.
Don't shoot the messenger.
That is a unique interpretation never shared by SCOTUS ever
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1109136 Apr 2, 2014
NO wonder our children are falling behind....

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> Come on now, rockslow, you really out to get to bed before you get to arguing about seventeen candidates.

"...you really out to get to bed..."

archiving this one....!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1109137 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would that be a problem? whose eye would they be poking? there were muslim centers all over that area already.
There are over a hundred mosques in Manhattan, just not near ground zero. They are free to build one there, just not very smart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Scrutiny 190,357
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,521
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Brian_G 51,761
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr _Zoey_ 6,014
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 6 hr Pat Robertson s F... 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr PEllen 99,579
have steroidsss in USA 13 hr Nail Alexander 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]