Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1347681 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1108070 Apr 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not thought provoking for any rational, sane person.
no prophecies have been fulfilled. just some vague ramblings like nostrodamus or your daily horoscope. anything you do could be part of that "predicition"...
The prophecies were pretty specific and have either come to pass or are now in the process or are still yet to come.

But most of them have already happened.

You might be surprised. Maybe not. Daniel did prophesy that the wicked will not understand...not that I'm saying you're wicked or anything ...just telling you what he said.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108071 Apr 1, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it was. It is paid out of the general fund. Just like A, B, and C.
That's it dumbfk. Hammer them with lies. We are so winning our country back.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1108072 Apr 1, 2014
GhostAdmitsHeisStupid wrote:
Okay let's use the Obamacare numbers
So, to fix the uninsured 45 million, govt took over 1/6 the economy to enroll 7 million, of which previously uninsured made up just 2 million.
I would be so proud
You are on the verge of suicide and you know it, but you have to at some point put forth the effort...Just waiting to die from stupid is not a plan.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108073 Apr 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>There is no evidence - except that over 5 million who were privately insured lost their insurance because ObamaCare said theirs wasn't good enough and why Obama apologized to them and gave them a reprieve in signing up on the exchanges a little while longer.

I should be asking you though. Where IS the evidence 7 million signed up who weren't already insured or already on Medicare and have paid their premiums?

There is none. That's the problem. Why you don't question it is the real mystery.
Aren't you the dumb azz that is buying land that will be under water in 20 years.
Great investment.

Orlando, FL

#1108074 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
It was hilarious but deeply disturbing. He should have posted a sign saying "I am a Jon Stewart wanna-be and you are watching Comedy Central"
Agree - hilarious but deeply disturbing. Even Stewart would have a hard time pulling that off so convincingly.

(Liked the way you changed your name, by the way. Very clever.)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1108075 Apr 1, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're another moron that should stick to cut and paste. I don't know which is worse, comments like this junior high humor or the indecipherable gibberish of your earlier posts.
I am not in any way responsible for your bad taste in all things enlightening, motivational, intelligent or inspiring.

You'll just have to sit there in your mud puddle all alone and bitter.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1108076 Apr 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:

Unless young people had a sudden change of heart at the last minute, there won't be anyone to pay for this thing except all of us.
As usual. All the people who were adults or came of age when the government freebies were instituted are the ones who have carried the load for so many decades, feeding the slackers and the foreign countries. It is a sad sight seeing so many elderly still footing the bill for kids, grandkids and great grandkids plus the usual "expectant" strangers. When the responsible generations finally all expire the shyt is really going to hit the fan.

All the coverage I've seen that keeps harping on the new, younger applicants accepting a portion of the load only appears to make them balk at the thought. It seems our youth have quickly forgotten the nurturing that was given to them and do not value the concept of sharing with those who cared for them. If I didn't know better I would suspect the media is deliberately trying to turn the young against the old, especially since all programming is calculated down to the second. Strange how they ( the news networks) all insist on adding that, "The young will be shouldering the cost for the elderly.", comment to the Obamacare updates.
Strange....of all the comments they make...that they keep adding that...one...thing.

Growing old in America doesn't look very inviting. Maybe they [the elderly] should take all their assets to an elderly friendly country and let all the contemptuous "entitleds" here sink or swim on their own. I would.

This country sucks. Whatever happened to The Little Red Hen mentality?

Orlando, FL

#1108077 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
The old ones aren't worth indoctrinating. They'll be dead soon. Just euthanize mutts like carol and the hillbilly Nebraska Kkkhunt.
Well, now, see? You went and ruined the whole thing. You should try and be a little more clever though. You're only a copycat. Just FYI.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1108079 Apr 1, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>No, you were right the first time, Jason-Jay. Just keep broadcasting all the bullshit--you're converting no one.
As much as I hate to take Whatever's side in anything, I had to go back and check her post to see why she was so insistent that she was right when it appeared to all of us she was clearly wrong. We stand corrected. The problem is...she used "their" twice in that sentence.

"When I came here this evening their (sic) was a motley lot of progressive bitter and angry feasting on their own guts."

She was correcting the first "their", not the second one which is the one to which everyone was referring.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108080 Apr 1, 2014
Progressives now have something to celebrate...

"Iran has named a member of the militant group that held 52 Americans hostage in Tehran for 444 days to be its next ambassador to the United Nations."

http://jhpolitics.com/2014/03/iran-names-1979...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1108081 Apr 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence - except that over 5 million who were privately insured lost their insurance because ObamaCare said theirs wasn't good enough and why Obama apologized to them and gave them a reprieve in signing up on the exchanges a little while longer.
I should be asking you though. Where IS the evidence 7 million signed up who weren't already insured or already on Medicare and have paid their premiums?
There is none. That's the problem. Why you don't question it is the real mystery.
We, the people, should cancel Barack's insurance. You know, the finest that taxpayer money can buy?

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1108082 Apr 1, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/Polit icsJandD/photos/a.284044628295 131.73247.201361186563476/7461 25655420357/?type=1
You know it's April Fool's Day, don't you?

Orlando, FL

#1108083 Apr 1, 2014
Okay let's use the Obamacare numbers
So, to fix the uninsured 45 million, govt took over 1/6 the economy to enroll 7 million, of which previously uninsured made up just 2 million.
I would be so proud
That's what a lot of us are asking. We went through all of that and spent all that money on likely only 2 or 3 million who were uninsured and not on Medicare already so the government could control 1/6 of our economy??

Republicans need to get behind one message and keep repeating it for seven months. They better not blow it.

Even if young people switched from being Democrats to Independents, we'd be good to go.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108084 Apr 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>As much as I hate to take Whatever's side in anything, I had to go back and check her post to see why she was so insistent that she was right when it appeared to all of us she was clearly wrong. We stand corrected. The problem is...she used "their" twice in that sentence.

"When I came here this evening their (sic) was a motley lot of progressive bitter and angry feasting on their own guts."

She was correcting the first "their", not the second one which is the one to which everyone was referring.
That's okay. She deserves to be treated like a dumb azz anyhow.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108085 Apr 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>You know it's April Fool's Day, don't you?
It would be awesome if everyday were.
That way whenever you idiots get caught lying you can say 'fooled ya'.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108086 Apr 1, 2014
Nothing to see here..

"Toyota Fined $1.2 Billion for 5 Deaths – So What Will GM Be Fined for Defect That Caused 300 Deaths?"

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/03/toyot...

Orlando, FL

#1108087 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>As usual. All the people who were adults or came of age when the government freebies were instituted are the ones who have carried the load for so many decades, feeding the slackers and the foreign countries. It is a sad sight seeing so many elderly still footing the bill for kids, grandkids and great grandkids plus the usual "expectant" strangers. When the responsible generations finally all expire the shyt is really going to hit the fan.
All the coverage I've seen that keeps harping on the new, younger applicants accepting a portion of the load only appears to make them balk at the thought. It seems our youth have quickly forgotten the nurturing that was given to them and do not value the concept of sharing with those who cared for them. If I didn't know better I would suspect the media is deliberately trying to turn the young against the old, especially since all programming is calculated down to the second. Strange how they ( the news networks) all insist on adding that, "The young will be shouldering the cost for the elderly.", comment to the Obamacare updates.
Strange....of all the comments they make...that they keep adding that...one...thing.
Growing old in America doesn't look very inviting. Maybe they [the elderly] should take all their assets to an elderly friendly country and let all the contemptuous "entitleds" here sink or swim on their own. I would.
This country sucks. Whatever happened to The Little Red Hen mentality?
We should all keep in mind and never forget that ObamaCare is just a ruse. It was deliberately designed to confuse and frustrate so everyone would surrender to single-payer and total government control of our health care.

That's what's happening. Republicans should keep drumming that drum until it sinks in and until it hits home. Otherwise, we're going to be taken off-guard and not see it coming.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

United States

#1108088 Apr 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>That's what a lot of us are asking. We went through all of that and spent all that money on likely only 2 or 3 million who were uninsured and not on Medicare already so the government could control 1/6 of our economy??

Republicans need to get behind one message and keep repeating it for seven months. They better not blow it.

Even if young people switched from being Democrats to Independents, we'd be good to go.
You dumbfks are asking what you are told to ask.
If you were left to your own fruition the marbles would fall out of your mouth.
GhostAdmitsHeisS tupid

Gering, NE

#1108090 Apr 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go...reporting only part of the story.
Yes, the "CBO and JCT Estimate That the Coverage Provisions of the ACA Will Have a Net Cost to the Federal Government of $1.5 Trillion Over the 2015–2024 BUT they go on to say, "Those estimates address only the insurance coverage provisions of the ACA; they do not constitute all of the act’s budgetary effects. Many other provisions, on net, are projected to reduce budget deficits. Considering all of the coverage provisions and the other provisions together, CBO and JCT estimated in July 2012 (the most recent comprehensive estimates) that the total effect of the ACA would be to reduce federal deficits...The Estimated Budgetary Effects of the ACA’s Coverage Provisions Have Changed Little on a Year-by-Year Basis Since March 2010."
The truth is in the details.
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45159
Yes, with this Trillion dollar ticket reduced by 9 billion in cost due to decrease estimates in number of enrollees. This is the big ticket cost other budget issues though projected to reduce the overall cost have not gone in effect. Given how awful the Dems projected numbers were for this section of the law -I don't think I would yet be celebrating this alleged win fall of taxes collected from those who don't pay.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1108091 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Yep Ghost you are still stupid as your moniker says
May I suggest, as I did to Carol, that you register a name so the idiot(s) can't steal it. It makes it so much easier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 14 min Red_Forman 1,593
last post wins! (Apr '13) 15 min Red_Forman 619
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Jacques Ottawa 207,609
abby2-11-16 56 min Sublime1 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 7,315
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 101,422
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Captain Obvious 57,313
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages