Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1658848 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108965 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
well stated.....
zero tolerance policies not only save school administrators from doing their job, but also allow them to duck the blame for bad decisions....
I missed this post by Tickwood but I fully agree with the sentiment

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1108966 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>well, the 40 million uninsuredas certainly thrown out for years and we were told that was the point of the ACA to insure all americans..
7 million out of 40 million does seem like a complete failure.
how can it be spun as anything but that?
More interesting is the CBO numbers. We had 30 million prior to Obamacare. Obamacare kicked 15 million off their insurance policies and in 10 years we will have 30 million uninsured.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1108967 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
as disgraceful as flag burning may be, one cannot decide which speech is free and which speech is not.....
t a zero tolerance type concept...

we have, in fact, decided which speech is free and which isn't.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1108968 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>well, the 40 million uninsuredas certainly thrown out for years and we were told that was the point of the ACA to insure all americans..
7 million out of 40 million does seem like a complete failure.
how can it be spun as anything but that?
Not 40 million, 47 million. There are now 47 million uninsured in America. The law did the exact opposite of what it was for. And as BTO said, "You ain't seen nothing yet!"
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1108969 Apr 2, 2014
Homer wrote:
It's 'We the people", not "We the rich people"
'We the people' is what made this country great,'we the rich people' is what is destroying it.
lol! Apparently the reich wing whiners don't agree with you!

That's what happens when they 'interpret' the Constitution!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1108970 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bill passed with wide support of BOTH Dems and Reps
Obamacare was passed by Dems only
Proving that dems are much more flexible?

I'd have to agree there!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1108972 Apr 2, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Many socially prominent leftists justify their uncouth, amoral behavior with the term ¨artistic license.¨
Many youthful idiots mimic these ¨cool¨ ones.
Most eventually come crawling back to mom and dad.
Being bitter, stodgy and uncouth don't pay the bills unless you are Bill Mahler.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1108974 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get angry at this crazy Jew beitch. She has papers saying she's crazy.
As if the SSDI weren't a red flag.
I look at it this way...if I'm collecting negative judge-its from crazy people, I'm obviously doing something right.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1108975 Apr 2, 2014
Rock Slow wrote:
I'm probably the slowest of my herd. That's somethin'... right?
You surely am, Missbehavin"! How goes it with you? I can't believe I'm spending nap time evolved with these creeps, but they're so funny.

St. Croix valley

#1108976 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt understands that "separation of church and state" does not exist in the US Constitution, that no act of Congress was involved, and that the student was expressing his own opinion, not endorsed by the school......
get an education, fool.....
in fact it does. i have shown you this fact many many times and you have yet to counter that fact.

but you still keep posting this lie....why?

St. Croix valley

#1108978 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
More interesting is the CBO numbers. We had 30 million prior to Obamacare. Obamacare kicked 15 million off their insurance policies and in 10 years we will have 30 million uninsured.
those are not true facts.

do try to keep up, dear.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1108981 Apr 2, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...¨you really out to get to bed¨???
Um...¨How about how much your can give?¨
Really, lame ninny?
LOL, shows you how closely I read Leo's posts

So the grammar nazi posted

"you really out to get to bed"

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1108982 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no heads up.
Case closed.
Got any new birther stuff?
It's certainly not over. Michael Morrell testified under oath today.

Very interesting outcome.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/michael...

Morell during his testimony Wednesday said,“no doubt it was a terrorist attack.” He said they just didn't know the motivations of those who carried out the attack because they hadn't been caught.

But earlier he testified:“We did not deliberately downplay the role of terrorists in the Benghazi attack in our analysis or in the talking points. And neither I, nor anyone else at the agency, deliberately misled anyone in Congress about any aspect of the tragedy in Benghazi.”

(Can't have it both ways. Either there was "no doubt it was a terrorist attack" or they DID downplay the role of terrorists in the attack.)

When asked about Susan Rice going on five networks to perpetrate the video lie, Morrell said he did not know the talking points would be used by then-U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice in her appearances on the Sunday shows.

Morrell said he did not know who took out the references to Al Qaeda in the talking points.

(But SOMEONE did take the references to Al Qaeda out of the talking points and SOMONE did tell Susan Rice to go on all those television shows and perpetrate a lie about a video.)

So how could the President of the United States not have known misleading and false information would have been perpetrated all over those newscasts and not make a public statement immediately denouncing the lie about a video?

No, it's certainly not over. But the liberal media will turn themselves into a pretzel still trying to convince some it is. And some will gladly ignore the inconsistencies in Morrell's testimony to protect corruption.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1108984 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>t a zero tolerance type concept...
we have, in fact, decided which speech is free and which isn't.
true, but that speech which can be restricted is very narrowly defined....

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1108986 Apr 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
me snap out of it?
so what will change if the FOX wish is fulfilled?
nothing.
I'll post it again.

Either the president was telling the truth when he admitted the day after the attack "there were folks involved in this who were looking to target Americans from the start" or Carney perpetrated the lie that had just begun about a spontaneous protest because of a video two days later which Obama continued for two weeks afterwards.

It's either/or. No in between.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1108990 Apr 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at it this way...if I'm collecting negative judge-its from crazy people, I'm obviously doing something right.
those who pay any attention to the icons are fools....just like you.....

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1108992 Apr 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>those are not true facts.
do try to keep up, dear.
Why would the CBO report what they think is NOT "true" estimates

That doesn't make sense.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1108994 Apr 2, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't understand how any of you find the patience to deal with these willfully ignorant liars in a civil manner.
I prefer being the hammer to their nail heads.
I, for one, certainly appreciate your approach to dealing with them. Someone needs to yield the hammer. I totally expect their heads to explode if Republicans lose the next presidential election.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1108997 Apr 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, shows you how closely I read Leo's posts
So the grammar nazi posted
"you really out to get to bed"
It was "you really ought to get to bed". I stand corrected by morons, but I plead the fifth time I've had to put her to bed and she's ever so much brighter than you...Bahahahahaha
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1109000 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's certainly not over. Michael Morrell testified under oath today.
Very interesting outcome.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/michael...
Morell during his testimony Wednesday said,“no doubt it was a terrorist attack.” He said they just didn't know the motivations of those who carried out the attack because they hadn't been caught.
But earlier he testified:“We did not deliberately downplay the role of terrorists in the Benghazi attack in our analysis or in the talking points. And neither I, nor anyone else at the agency, deliberately misled anyone in Congress about any aspect of the tragedy in Benghazi.”
(Can't have it both ways. Either there was "no doubt it was a terrorist attack" or they DID downplay the role of terrorists in the attack.)
When asked about Susan Rice going on five networks to perpetrate the video lie, Morrell said he did not know the talking points would be used by then-U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice in her appearances on the Sunday shows.
Morrell said he did not know who took out the references to Al Qaeda in the talking points.
(But SOMEONE did take the references to Al Qaeda out of the talking points and SOMONE did tell Susan Rice to go on all those television shows and perpetrate a lie about a video.)
So how could the President of the United States not have known misleading and false information would have been perpetrated all over those newscasts and not make a public statement immediately denouncing the lie about a video?
No, it's certainly not over. But the liberal media will turn themselves into a pretzel still trying to convince some it is. And some will gladly ignore the inconsistencies in Morrell's testimony to protect corruption.
Morrell also testified that he had information from the CIA station chief in Libya that there was no protest demonstration in response to a video, but that he choose to ignore that and instead accepted analysis by Washington analysts......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 min _Zoey_ 11,594
last post wins! (Apr '13) 35 min honeymylove 2,680
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr bbyrd009 72,045
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Hah_ 243,096
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr honeymylove 1,017
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 5 hr Tea Party Problem 105
Steal from Poor to pay the Rich 5 hr Tea Party Problem 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages