Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1565662 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108510 Apr 1, 2014
Reid calls Harry Reid a liar

First, Harry Reid calls ALL people making claims of hardships due to the Obamacare Law are LIARS

#action =share

Yep, he boldly stated it as a fact. I don't know what happen between this nasty tirade and the next video-maybe a email box full of more horror stories, but now we have Harry Reid on tape saying anyone who said he called them liars are liars

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Harry you just called your self a LIAR. Doesn't this fool knows that every time he steps on the floor he is being taped?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1108511 Apr 1, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I'm not an America hating retard like you, son.
Enjoy your night like you do all the days of your worthless life here on Topix!
Nothing will change the fact I am a contributor to society and you are a leech, son.
The day you die, reflect on how much Obama helped you. Prognosis:
Quite an empty feeling.
That's your life.
No, you're an American hating ruskie son.
Patrick

United States

#1108512 Apr 1, 2014
Asian stocks rose, with the regional benchmark index extending its winning streak to a sixth day, after an increase in U.S. manufacturing boosted optimism about growth in the world’s biggest economy.
Patrick

United States

#1108513 Apr 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, you're an American hating ruskie son.
on UK National Health Insurance ?

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1108514 Apr 1, 2014
Remember Leland Yee- the anti-gun /gun trafficking state senator arrested by the FBI last week?

It appears in CA you can use campaign funds for legal defense.

"More than half a million dollars that donors intended to support suspended state Sen. Leland Yee’s (D) now defunct campaign for California Secretary of State may now be available for the scandal-ensnared politician to fund his legal defense.

Jay Wierenga, spokesman for the California Fair Political Practices Commission, told the San Francisco Chronicle that the fundraised money is fair game for Yee’s use following his arrest Wednesday on corruption and firearm trafficking charges.

"The Political Reform Act is relatively silent on whether you can transfer the money (from a campaign account),” Wierenga said,“but it appears you can."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/31/lela...

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1108515 Apr 1, 2014
Most of Yee's campaign funds are coming from unions and Facebook.

Now they are paying for someone engaged in gun trafficking to defend himself.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1108516 Apr 1, 2014
awww... poor Duke. Like typical reich whiners, they say one thing, but try to do others in secret.

This is what happens when a company no longer has political support and is placed on a level field.... they can't play well with others!

"Duke Energy wants citizens group out of ash action
Associated Press
By MITCH WEISS 6 hours ago

CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP)— Duke Energy is asking a judge to prevent citizens groups from taking part in any enforcement action that would make the company clean up nearly three dozen coal ash pits across North Carolina.

The Department of Environment and Natural Resources filed a complaint against Duke last year. Several citizens groups got involved in the case, saying the waste dumps polluted groundwater.

But Duke filed a motion Monday to remove the citizens' groups from the case.

The company said the groups have an "independent right" to file claims and seek relief. But they are "prohibited from expanding this enforcement action beyond the claims asserted and relief sought by" the state environmental agency.

Duke did not immediately respond to request for comment Tuesday.

The company also filed motions in response to the state's enforcement action, denying allegations in the complaint.

Drew Elliot, a spokesman for the state regulatory agency, said he couldn't comment about Duke's action.

"We're back to a period of very actively litigation on the matter, and we will have to stick with what we said in our lawsuits," he said.

But Frank Holleman, a senior attorney with the Southern Environmental Law Center, said Duke's motion runs counter to what the company has been saying since a Feb. 2 massive coal ash spill at Duke's plant in Eden, which coated 70 miles of the Dan River in toxic sludge.

"What Duke's CEO has been saying publicly is they accept responsibility. Duke officials have said they are better than this, that they want to do the right thing for the state and they want to take action to protect our water resources. But instead of cleaning up, what they've done is lawyer up. They have filed a legal document in court denying any legal liability whatsoever," he said.

Holleman said Duke is taking the position that community groups should not play any role in the case.

"This is contrary to the spirit of what Duke is saying ... that it wants to work with local communities to clean up the site and clean up our natural resources," he said.

This is the company's latest filing. Duke recently asked a judge to shield its records from North Carolina regulators and environmental groups while a federal criminal probe is ongoing....."

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1108517 Apr 1, 2014
Bob Kerry calls Obama a delusional liar.

I think Kerry may be aiming for another run here again for Senator and is distancing himself from this admin.

Then again -he could just be saying what he thinks
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1108518 Apr 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
on UK National Health Insurance ?
Ruskies will say anything to pretend to be Americans!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1108519 Apr 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The islamic nutjobs had a chance to live peacefully in Israel back in the 40's, they rejected it and decided to live in misery and poverty forever. Maybe you should read a book, one with short words, of course.
Actually son, in about 10 years there will be more Palestinians than Jews in Israel....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1108520 Apr 1, 2014
A fine example of reich wing creative policies that kicked Americans....

I wonder where McCain will be?

"Apr 2, 12:04 AM EDT

Savings and loan figure Charles Keating dies at 90

By BOB CHRISTIE
Associated Press

PHOENIX (AP)-- Charles H. Keating Jr., the notorious financier who served prison time and was disgraced for his role in the costliest savings and loan failure of the 1980s, has died. He was 90.

A person with direct knowledge of the death confirmed on Tuesday that Keating had died but didn't provide further details. The person wasn't authorized to release the information and spoke on condition of anonymity.

When Keating's Phoenix-based home construction company, American Continental Corp., bought Lincoln Savings & Loan in 1984, the multimillionaire elevated its worth from $1.1 billion to $5.5 billion in a four-year period.

But his financial empire crumbled with state and federal convictions for defrauding investors. Keating allegedly bilked Lincoln customers by selling them $200 million of unsecured "junk" bonds. They became worthless when Keating's company became bankrupt.

The thrift's collapse cost taxpayers $2.6 billion and tarnished the reputations of five senators who became known as the "Keating Five." One of them was Republican U.S Sen. John McCain of Arizona, and the scandal re-entered the spotlight during the 2008 presidential campaign...."

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1108521 Apr 1, 2014
more proof of Il Douche and the dems dishonesty, duplicity, treason and lies:

Study: Obama and the Democrats Disrupted the Whole Healthcare Industry for Just Two Million Uninsured
A RAND study pours buckets of cold water on the Obama administration’s claims that it has nearly reached 7 million sign-ups for Obamacare. If you believed the Obama administration. Reality, according to RAND‘s study, is that the Obama administration’s 7 million figure is deceptive.
The PJ Tatler from RSS

The dems lie
America dies

“you know i know”

denver

#1108522 Apr 1, 2014
IL Douche's trillion dollar deficit 's and lies or Paul Ryans plan?

I'll take Ryan.

Ryan’s New Budget Cuts Just About Everything But Defense
For the second consecutive year, House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) is proposing to balance the budget within a decade, a move that would require $5.1 trillion of additional savings over ten years through tight spending caps, entitlement overhaul and repeal of Obamacare, including…
The Fiscal Times

“you know i know”

denver

#1108523 Apr 1, 2014
Let's see, Il Douche's economy is great, stock market soaring, 125K new jobs every month, then why the fluck do we need this?

Senate moves forward with emergency unemployment
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid moved forward a vote on a bill that would renew unemployment insurance for the long-term jobless Monday. With only a handful of senators present, Reid filed for cloture, meaning the Senate will wait 30 hours before it can vote on final passage of the measure, which…
UPI from RSS

“you know i know”

denver

#1108524 Apr 1, 2014
Where's the recovery, Dopey?
Where's the jobs?

Fed chief says job market keeping interest rates low
WASHINGTON — Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen made clear yesterday that she thinks the still-subpar U.S. job market will continue to need the help of low interest rates “for some time.”

Low interest to the big banks, check your credit card to see if it's "low"

“you know i know”

denver

#1108525 Apr 1, 2014
ooops!

More demorat propaganda revealed:

These 21 Charts Will Convince You That The Labor Market Is Tighter Than You Think
The unemployment rate has fallen sharply from its recessionary peak, however, a large portion of this reflects a decline in the participation rate. In fact, many pundits (including several Fed officials) are completely dismissing the drop in the traditional U3 unemployment rate as a true barometer…
Business Insider from RSS

Many have simply given up, Porkulus makes the wealthy more wealthy and creates no jobs.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1108526 Apr 2, 2014
Ok who keeps giving me the crappy judgits???

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1108527 Apr 2, 2014
I am so happy to be in America where the people are right and everyone is so Patriotic...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1108528 Apr 2, 2014
harmonious wrote:
ooops!
More demorat propaganda revealed:
These 21 Charts Will Convince You That The Labor Market Is Tighter Than You Think
The unemployment rate has fallen sharply from its recessionary peak, however, a large portion of this reflects a decline in the participation rate. In fact, many pundits (including several Fed officials) are completely dismissing the drop in the traditional U3 unemployment rate as a true barometer…
Business Insider from RSS
Many have simply given up, Porkulus makes the wealthy more wealthy and creates no jobs.
What kind of jobs?
OHHHHHHHHH NO JOBS....NONE????
Used to be the Dems that where free ... SO they should then remain...If the Republicans want to take over again then let em pay for all the Taxes they have sucked us dry to the core is really what... and Maybe the Dems can become something different I mean the same but different....

I like being a dem
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1108529 Apr 2, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The notion of freedom of choice just drives you crazy, little brown shirt reichtard, doesn't it?
Wrong again dumbass! I support the freedom of those who choose to use contraception to plan their families, a freedom that Hobby Lobby seeks to deny their employees. Here's a little tidbit that demonstrates Hobby Lobby's and the Green family's hypocrisy;
The company's 401(k) plan for employees had $73 million invested companies that make the emergency contraception pills, intrauterine devices and drugs used for abortions, according to documents filed with the Department of Labor in 2012. The companies invested in by multiple mutual funds in Hobby Lobby's retirement plan include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Pfizer and Bayer. Some of the funds also invested in Aetna and Humana, insurance companies that provide plans covering contraception.
That plus the fact that much if not most of the ugly crap they sell in their stores come from China whose population control policies include forced abortions.
You're an idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min tyler 242,274
Letter to NFL Commissioners. 1 hr The Military 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Alyssa76 11,019
How Adam got Eve. 10 hr The Serpent 1
Trump Sounds like a fool 10 hr Don Screwball 3
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 11 hr Another Big Lie 1
Trump will lose Votes after today's speech 13 hr Tr ps No Deal 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages