Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433238 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1107932 Apr 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control is of no concern to you since you just swallow everything anyways.
Yo mouth is a sperm bank. Perv.
Whateverisakkkhu nt

Indianapolis, IN

#1107933 Apr 1, 2014
GhostisStupid wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see Brian Williams predicting imminent flooding
That's funny huh. Science is a liberal myth. Like education.
Don't worry hillbilly beitch. You'll be selling your gash for water when the sh it hits the fan.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1107934 Apr 1, 2014
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Run your skills by me again, I think missed them. Are you a fake Vietnam veteran, fake millionaire, man pretending to be a woman or (D) all of the above?
i hadn't heard the woman part, but he did openly lie about his entering the military and i guess on the 'president has failed us" thread he was busted trying to pass himself off as part of the 1%...

pretty much just a steaming pile of worthlessness, that one...
GhostisStupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107935 Apr 1, 2014
What are the TRUE Obama enrollment numbers

This Washington post article claims the Obama admin is using duplicate numbers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...

Counting those who check the box as will pay later into the numbers while also counting them as enrolling
GhostisStupid

Indianapolis, IN

#1107936 Apr 1, 2014
This is really me. The Kkkhunt from Nebraska.
GhostisStupid

Indianapolis, IN

#1107937 Apr 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean when you tried to run away from your idiotic post with that chinese opium crap that i showed to be not true anyways? why would you even bring that up in the discussion we were having and especially when it wasn't even close to true?

what i find funny is you are still running from your original statement ...

just the usual crap from you...spew shit and then run...
You're gay.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1107938 Apr 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So Republicas create the Great Recession & continue to blame those who lost their jobs because f it.
Not only that, The Republicans want to punish their children by taking food off their table & their healthcare because, evidently they picked out dead beat parents.
This is why Republican assh*les like you are dumber than sh*t.
You have an IQ leak.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1107939 Apr 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you talking about Medicaid expansion? Who pays all of those taxes and fees?
Medicaid expansion. A poster claimed VA couldn't accept them because they were already in the red as a state. I said that the medicaid expansion was funded fully by the fed for the first couple years before is tapers to 90% funded.

Of course I know who pays the taxes but that was not the point of my post. Especially since Virginians will be paying these revenues to the ACA whether they accept the ACA medicaid expansion or not.

Try to keep up.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1107940 Apr 1, 2014
Science...

In dry areas...C02 caused 'greening'....

"The direct CO2 effect on vegetation should be most clearly expressed in warm, arid environments where water is the dominant limit to vegetation growth. Using gas exchange theory, we predict that the 14% increase in atmospheric CO2 (1982–2010) led to a 5 to 10% increase in green foliage cover in warm, arid environments"

Donohue, R. J., M. L. Roderick, T. R. McVicar, and G. D. Farquhar (2013), Impact of CO2 fertilization on maximum foliage cover across the globe's warm, arid environments, Geophys. Res. Lett., 40, 3031–3035, doi:10.1002/grl.50563.
GhostisStupid

Indianapolis, IN

#1107941 Apr 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>I miss the real Yeah.
I thought you were gonna say you miss your dk and brain.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1107942 Apr 1, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you read Reckless Endangerment and come back, then we'll talk.
Clinton directed Fannie/Freddie to purchase sub prime loans
lol! Why? I don't take one person's opinion like you do to make a case.

I suggest you stick to the real world for real world results son.

Then maybe you'll start to understand.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1107943 Apr 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead men can't sue. Win, win situation.
pretty sure he was referring to next of kin, but...when you look at the real story, no suit will be filed. pulling a gun on a LEO is perfectly good reason for them to put three rounds into you...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1107944 Apr 1, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you read Reckless Endangerment and come back, then we'll talk.
Clinton directed Fannie/Freddie to purchase sub prime loans
you mean the book that never mentions this?

Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble

Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Bush chose to oversee them - an old school buddy - pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.

As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."

The result was a series of piecemeal policy prescriptions that lagged behind the escalating crisis.

"There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems," said Al Hubbard, Bush's former chief economic adviser, who left the White House in December 2007. "Had we, we would have attacked them."

Looking back, Keith Hennessey, Bush's current chief economic adviser, said he and his colleagues had done the best they could "with the information we had at the time." But Hennessey did say he regretted that the administration had not paid more heed to the dangers of easy lending practices.

And both Paulson and his predecessor, John Snow, say the housing push went too far.

"The Bush administration took a lot of pride that home ownership had reached historic highs," Snow said during an interview. "But what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost."

For much of the Bush presidency, the White House was preoccupied by terrorism and war; on the economic front, its pressing concerns were cutting taxes and privatizing Social Security, a government retirement and disability benefits program. The housing market was a bright spot: Ever-rising home values kept the economy humming, as owners drew down on their equity to buy consumer goods and pack their children off to college.

Lawrence Lindsay, Bush's first chief economic adviser, said there was little impetus to raise alarms about the proliferation of easy credit that was helping Bush meet housing goals.

"No one wanted to stop that bubble," Lindsay said. "It would have conflicted with the president's own policies."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
GhostisStupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107945 Apr 1, 2014
So lets just use the Obama admin's alleged numbers. According to the latest figures that can be verified that would leave us with a total
of 816,000 newly insured applicants-people who weren't insured prior to the new Law.

We won't discuss the number of newly uninsured due to the law
GhostisStupid

Indianapolis, IN

#1107946 Apr 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i hadn't heard the woman part, but he did openly lie about his entering the military and i guess on the 'president has failed us" thread he was busted trying to pass himself off as part of the 1%...

pretty much just a steaming pile of worthlessness, that one...
Sounds like you wanna blow the guy.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1107947 Apr 1, 2014
This 7,000,000 Obama care sign up number has to be the biggest April Fools prank ever played on America.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1107948 Apr 1, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
she is the wife of a Supreme Court Justice; I don't think it's appropriate for her to make these types of statements; but she's a stupid fool anyway, drunk dialing
Anita Hill proved it. Her and her husband are insufferable.
I feel the same way about the First Bovine.

She should keep her mouth shut when chewing her cud.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1107949 Apr 1, 2014
Republicans Rage Against The Dying Of Their Favorite Obamacare Memes

Obamacare's deadline day brought some shocking news: Despite all its problems, the law was on track to hit 7 million sign-ups, the original projection by the Congressional Budget Office prior to HealthCare.gov 's disastrous launch last October.

It's only a symbolic victory for the White House -- Obamacare's long-term success wasn't contingent on 7 million sign-ups -- but after the troubled rollout that saw the law and the president's approval ratings sink to all-time lows, it's surely one that they'll take. A new analysis also credited the law with covering 9.5 million previously uninsured, a significant decrease in the law's first year. All in all, a good day for a law that hasn't had many.

But for Republicans, it signaled the end of some of their favorite Obamacare memes.

More People Have Lost Coverage Than Gained It

RAND Corp, a non-profit think tank, dealt the death blow Monday in a new analysis reported by the Los Angeles Times. The study concluded that less than 1 million people were now uninsured because their previous coverage had been canceled and they hadn't signed up for a new health plan. The Times estimated that about 9.5 million previously uninsured people had gotten covered.

Which makes these previous proclamations from Republican leaders obsolete.

“The Administration is recognizing the grim reality that more Americans have lost health insurance than gained it under ObamaCare," Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said in a Dec. 19 statement.

Americans for Prosperity, the conservative group assaulting Democrats nationwide over the law, was still trotting out the line this month. "Millions of people have lost their health insurance, millions of people can’t see their own doctors, and millions are paying more and getting less," said one television ad that PolitiFact rated "False."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/gop-obamacare...
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1107950 Apr 1, 2014
Wait...useful idiot leftists are fools 24/7/365 so I take that back.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1107951 Apr 1, 2014
The White House Is Cooking The Books On Obamacare Enrollment

The denial -- Obamacare 'trutherism', if you will -- had started last week when the White House said that enrollment had hit the 6 million mark. Conservatives called the new numbers into question, with Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY) going so far as accusing the administration of "cooking the books." Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC) backed that reading in an appearance on Fox News.

But these are mostly semantic arguments. It's true that some people won't pay their first premium for their new coverage and the final enrollment number could fall back below 7 million. But Republicans are clearly struggling to process the fact that so many people signed up at all.

How many did exactly -- whether it's 6.8 million or 7.2 million or whatever the final number -- is immaterial to the law's ultimate success. The allegations of impropriety are simply intended to undercut the unexpectedly good news for the law: A lot of people decided they wanted to have health insurance.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/gop-obamacare...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 min Wolverine33 9,546
Word (Dec '08) 5 min PEllen 6,755
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min An NFL Fan 61,503
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 225,405
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 min PEllen 3,198
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 10 min PEllen 2,079
last post wins! (Apr '13) 25 min Retired SOF 1,710
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 50 min Go Blue Forever 103,641

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages