Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251386 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1106861 Mar 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
whether the video was falsified is a matter of fact for a jury to determine.......
whether Pigford scam artist Sherrod was libeled is a matter of fact for a jury to determine....
whether Sherrod suffered any damages is a matter of fact for a jury to determine.....
if the government ever stops stonewalling.....
There you go again...claiming the government is stonewalling when nothing could be further from the truth.

Even Fox News Senior Vice President of News, Michael Clemente, admits they made a mistake by running the story about the existence of the video, at 5:58 p.m. on Monday, an hour before the Agriculture Department announced Sherrod’s resignation. "There was a breakdown in the system, and it is being addressed," he said. "But it must say something about the power of Fox, that a week after she resigned, we're still talking about this."

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1106862 Mar 30, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's in charge of these cities, school districts, labor unions? Who makes endless promises of "change" and opportunity? When generation after generation sees nothing changing, who's to blame? The party making the promises, or the people who keep believing and waiting?
If you had the power to bestow instant "equality", how would you do it? Let's see what you really think would change the dynamic.
It doesn' matter who is in charge of the schools or the cities. What matters is the jobs are no longer there & the school are below par.

First you call black people lazy people who don't want to work. Now I am assuming you are blaming Democrats?? Or the evil unions. Ty[ical pathetic right whining thinking - blame someone else. Republicans in PA slashed education spending for schools.

How many generations have passed since 1964?

I see you are still flailing, trying to justify your racist comments.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1106863 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Too embarassed to post the link to your "American Thinker" cut and paste I see. You should be.
LOL. Are you going to post the link for your Haute Couture stretchy pants site? I think not. I am embarrassed for U. Who knew the way you bragged that you were so uneducated and poor? it's a shame.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1106864 Mar 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently dumbass Dave won't admit that the ObamaKKKare requirements were not only ridiculous, but were specifically designed so that very few existing plans could comply....
Galt is finished with dumbass Dave and his OCD problem on this issue.....
and tired of his union hall obscenities......
See Galt did not know what the guidelines were but complained anyhow.

Galt will now run from this.

Location hidden

#1106865 Mar 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many of the claims were fraudulent, but Obama paid off his voters.....
Why do you blame Obama? He wasn't president when the bill was passed. Why not blame all the Senators and Representatives who voted for the bill? You reek of racism.

Location hidden

#1106867 Mar 30, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. I'm looking forward to moving to a red state where people value freedom & personal responsibility some day when I retire. It would be great to not have so many worthless liberals around.
In other words, you are moving to a state that sucks off the government teet.

Location hidden

#1106868 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO, most people use words in sentences-that is what a sentence is. That comment was totally moronic.
What next? You used letters to type it?
No, your comment that "falsified" is a legal term is moronic. Go back to your sewing.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1106869 Mar 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody is cutting veteran's pensions.....
so did this fall through?

Paul Ryan & the GOP Must Own the Cuts to Veterans Benefits

http://www.redstate.com/2013/12/18/paul-ryan-...
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1106871 Mar 30, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Are you going to post the link for your Haute Couture stretchy pants site? I think not. I am embarrassed for U. Who knew the way you bragged that you were so uneducated and poor? it's a shame.
A Parrot for Russian and Putin -

Republican trolls now spouting is the Communist Party line!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1106872 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn' matter who is in charge of the schools or the cities. What matters is the jobs are no longer there & the school are below par.
First you call black people lazy people who don't want to work. Now I am assuming you are blaming Democrats?? Or the evil unions. Ty[ical pathetic right whining thinking - blame someone else. Republicans in PA slashed education spending for schools.
How many generations have passed since 1964?
I see you are still flailing, trying to justify your racist comments.
I see you're still blaming everyone BUT yourself. That, I assume, is why you expect everyone BUT yourself, to fix it. Want to bet where you'll be in another 50 years?
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1106873 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you are moving to a state that sucks off the government teet.
isn't this troll often posting from the UK ?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1106874 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
What USA left out....The Obama admin was neck deep in PigfordII
"The USDA and Department of Justice publicly released a joint statement announcing the $1.25 billion settlement in 2010. Plus, the USDA could not "release more funds to Pigford" without the approval of Congress, and the money could not be paid out without court approval of the settlement. On Nov. 19, 2010, the Senate by unanimous consent passed the Claims Resolution Act of 2010 — which provided $1.15 billion in addition to the $100 million already appropriated. The House passed the bill 256-152 on Nov. 20, 2010. It was signed by Obama. The court has not yet approved the settlement, and no awards have been paid to any Pigford II claimants, said Justice spokeswoman Jessica Smith."
http://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/obama-and-th...
Q: Did then-Sen. Barack Obama get a law "passed in dead silence" that allowed black farmers to file "unlawful" discrimination claims against the USDA totaling $1.25 billion?

A: No. Obama supported the 2008 bill, but did not sponsor it or vote on it. It was not "passed in dead silence"; there were six floor votes. All claims are pending judicial review and approval.

It’s true that Obama played a prominent role in funding Pigford II. His administration agreed to settle the claims that were now allowed to proceed as a result of the 2008 farm bill.

Location hidden

#1106875 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief! Sherrod has to prove she was somehow damaged by the video.
You were claiming this just a few posts back and now it is nada. You have no clue what your arguing about.
You have a reading comprehension problem. What I posted was, "Sherrod's resignation or firing has no bearing on the case OTHER THAN TO SHOW THAT SHE WAS NEGITIVELY AFFECTED BY BREITBART'S ACTIONS." I did not say it is "nada". Go back to your scrapbooking. That's about your level of thought.

Location hidden

#1106876 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Focus!
The issue was the scam that Pigford was...Got that!
"From the start, the claims process prompted allegations of widespread fraud and criticism that its very design encouraged people to lie," but "those concerns were played down as the compensation effort grew."
"... Even now people who say they were unfairly denied loans can collect up to $50,000 with little documentation."
No. The subject was Sherrod and Breitbart's LAME attempt to tie Sherrod to the Pigford case to save face.

Location hidden

#1106877 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the low-life . You attacked me with a Jewish slur thinking I was a Jew.
You are one nasty, hateful woman who repeatedly attempts to justify being anti-Semitic
Next time I see you make a anti-Semitic comment towards anyone I will report you
Oh dear! God forbid I would criticize a Jew!! Get a clue...criticizing someone who happens to be a Jew is not anti-Semitic. And, I have never "attacked you" with a Jewish slur.

Location hidden

#1106878 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
What USA left out....The Obama admin was neck deep in PigfordII
"The USDA and Department of Justice publicly released a joint statement announcing the $1.25 billion settlement in 2010. Plus, the USDA could not "release more funds to Pigford" without the approval of Congress, and the money could not be paid out without court approval of the settlement. On Nov. 19, 2010, the Senate by unanimous consent passed the Claims Resolution Act of 2010 — which provided $1.15 billion in addition to the $100 million already appropriated. The House passed the bill 256-152 on Nov. 20, 2010. It was signed by Obama. The court has not yet approved the settlement, and no awards have been paid to any Pigford II claimants, said Justice spokeswoman Jessica Smith."
<yawn>

Location hidden

#1106879 Mar 30, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>accuse? you just did it again. You could call him a low life-but to call him a low life Jew is anti-Semitic. You are such an ignorant, uneducated person. So sad, and yet you talk of how smart you are.
You are the one that butted into the conversation. Perhaps you should just butt out. The remark I made was to GALT. Someone who REPEATEDLY accuses people of being anti-Semitic and blindly defends anything one who is remotely related to israel. If Hitler were a Jew, Galt would defend him. That was the point I was making and you turned it into something entirely different. Go back to your sewing.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1106880 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The subject was Sherrod and Breitbart's LAME attempt to tie Sherrod to the Pigford case to save face.
Breitbart did not tie Sherrod to pigford scam.

She did that all by herself
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1106881 Mar 30, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Breitbart did not tie Sherrod to pigford scam.
She did that all by herself
Finally, the e-mail makes two erroneous claims about Shirley Sherrod, a former USDA official who was fired for remarks she made about race that turned out to be misrepresented by a conservative blogger.(Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and the White House later apologized to Sherrod.)

The e-mail states that the “woman responsible for spearheading the case was an obscure USDA official,” referring to Sherrod. But she was not a USDA official when Congress passed the 2008 farm bill, which allowed black farmers to file late claims and have their cases heard on the merits. She was the USDA’s Georgia state director of rural development for only one year, from July 2009 until July 2010.

It’s true that Sherrod, who is black and a former farmer, was active in the Pigford case prior to working at the USDA. She, along with others at the Rural Development Leadership Network, helped organize black farmers to file claims in the original Pigford suit. But she was fighting the USDA from outside the agency, not influencing it from within. She told CNN:“I was deeply involved in all of that work and in the settlement, and in helping farmers to file their claims. So I was having to fight USDA just for the services, for the loans for farmers, for some of the programs that should have been automatic, that others were getting.”

The e-mail also erroneously states that Sherrod’s “family received the highest single payout (approximately $13 million) from that action.” The $13 million — which the Rural Development Leadership Network called the "largest award so far" in 2009 — did not go to her “family.” Rather, the money was awarded to New Communities, a farming collective founded in 1969 in rural Georgia by Sherrod and her husband, Charles. At its height, New Communities was 5,700 acres — the largest tract of black-owned land in the country — and had about a dozen families living on and working the land full time before it went out of business in 1985, according to a 2001 article by the Associated Press. In addition to their share of the New Communities settlement, Sherrod and her husband were awarded $150,000 each for pain and suffering.

This is a case of conspiracy theorists twisting the facts to build a false narrative about Obama and Sherrod.

Location hidden

#1106882 Mar 30, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unsettling to see this Nazi movement occurring again amongst the slow and/or intellectually lazy crowd in the Dem Party.
"Why It Is Essential for Jews to Speak Out as Jews, on Israel"

"But the sight of us doing the unthinkable has many benefits: There are a few Jews who are happy and relieved to see us because it opens the door for them. They have felt uneasy about Israeli policies for a long time, and seeing us seems to give them more courage to speak their minds. There are also some gentiles who are happy to see us because they have been afraid for a long time of being called anti&#8209;Semites if they criticize Israel." Jewish activist Dorothy Zellner

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min ritedownthemiddle 53,962
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 192,193
aggy-6-30-15 52 min Kuuipo 12
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,145
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 3 hr TerryE 93
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Rose of Tralee 99,893
Chicage to add 9% tax to streaming media. 6 hr John 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages