Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1345428 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1107183 Mar 31, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you are on my ignore list. When you panicked about what is in real news sources and went on a snark-you are being too close-minded and there is NO need to continue.
snark is my game. if you can't handle it, then please put me on you ignore list.

pretty please? and no backsliding like carol does. if you're going to ignore me don't be half assed about it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1107184 Mar 31, 2014
COINS LEFT ON TOMBSTONES

While visiting some cemeteries you may notice that headstones marking certain graves have coins on them, left by previous visitors to the grave.

These coins have distinct meanings when left on the headstones of those who gave their life while serving in America's military, and these meanings vary depending on the denomination of coin.

A coin left on a headstone or at the grave site is meant as a message to the deceased soldier's family that someone else has visited the grave to pay respect. Leaving a penny at the grave means simply that you visited.

A nickel indicates that you and the deceased trained at boot camp together, while a dime means you served with him in some capacity. By leaving a quarter at the grave, you are telling the family that you were with the solider when he was killed.

According to tradition, the money left at graves in national cemeteries and state veterans cemeteries is eventually collected, and the funds are put toward maintaining the cemetery or paying burial costs for indigent veterans.

In the US, this practice became common during the Vietnam war, due to the political divide in the country over the war; leaving a coin was seen as a more practical way to communicate that you had visited the grave than contacting the soldier's family, which could devolve into an uncomfortable argument over politics relating to the war.

Some Vietnam veterans would leave coins as a "down payment" to buy their fallen comrades a beer or play a hand of cards when they would finally be reunited.

The tradition of leaving coins on the headstones of military men and women can be traced to as far back as the Roman Empire.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1107185 Mar 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean the Jews who overwhelmingly voted for Obama? i bet you would like their support.
Oh how pathetic that they all went to kiss the ring of Sheldon Adelson. This is like a Lifetime movie.
All his money couldn't buy Romney the Presidency; he's nearly 90 and still wont' give it up.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1107186 Mar 31, 2014
Whatever wrote:
AP PHOTO: A New York Mets fan shows off his face paint outside Citi Field on opening day
Wow, it is that time already
For America's past time? You didn't know?

You must not be American.....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1107187 Mar 31, 2014
Man Arrested After Scaling White House Fence, Secret Service Reports

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/30/man-...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1107188 Mar 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make up your mind and stop waffling after you get egg on your face.
First admit capitalism is a good thing and Obama is wrong about who's to blame for income inequality.
Huh?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1107189 Mar 31, 2014
Sock Puppeteer 101:
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Government. 101 -
Rich have controlled America since Alexander Hamilton.
Democrats sponsored Social Security, Medicare and ACA
Republican President G W Bush sponsored Prescription drugs coverage under Medicare.
Grey Ghost for sure

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1107190 Mar 31, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay that answered my question.
Back to ignoring your posts,
y, i knew you would run, you always have...

not man enough to cover your own bullshit. run, little liar, run!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1107191 Mar 31, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Sitting ducks...
'UN report dials up humanity's global warming risks; scientist says 'We're all sitting ducks'
http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/f55f61...
Woodtick is posting current statics to disprove what I posted as past HISTORY of China(like in the mid-1800s)-not even in the same ballpark
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1107192 Mar 31, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you are on my ignore list. When you panicked about what is in real news sources and went on a snark-you are being too close-minded and there is NO need to continue.
"you are on my ignore list" bwwaaaaahhaaaaaaa!

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1107193 Mar 31, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I was noting that in your rantings you never mentioned that private institutions were buying these faulty mortgages.
I always said the GSE were participants.
You were telling us they created it. You were trying to make it like the GSEs were creating this market when the GSE along with the private institutions were doing it
This is why you are a dishonest person. you tried to lay blame on the GSEs without mentioning the others involved.
I don't think I said it caused it, but facilitated it. There were a number of causes. The original allegation was it was caused by capitalism. My point was it was caused by government corporatism. People in power in bed with corporatists. One of government's purposes is to protect the populace against predators and dishonesty with regulatory measures that keep them honest, but free. Instead, it took part in the game.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1107194 Mar 31, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
I sincerely hope so.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1107195 Mar 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>For America's past time? You didn't know?
You must not be American.....
Nope, one sports season seems to run gab smack into the next.

My grandmother was a BIG baseball fan-me not so much

Minnesota's North Coast

#1107196 Mar 31, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you confuse past history of China with TODAY in China?
Really?
You are impossible to discuss anything with as you apparently get to scattered along the way
their opium use wasn't any worse than anyone else's...

try again, loser.

i thought you were ignoring my posts? you can't even be honest with yourself or man up to your own words, can you?

is there anything even close to redeemable about you?here's a picture for you:

https://www.google.com/search...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1107197 Mar 31, 2014
what does Harvard College Writing Program say about "Wikipedia"?

"Nevertheless, when you're doing academic research, you should be extremely cautious about using Wikipedia. As its own disclaimer states, information on Wikipedia is contributed by anyone who wants to post material, and the expertise of the posters is not taken into consideration."

http://usingsources.fas.harvard.edu/icb/icb.d...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1107198 Mar 31, 2014
If Republicans really want to run on Obamacare in 2014, well, good luck to them with that. lol :-D
On the last day for health insurance enrollment under the launch of Obamcare, millions more people have obtained health insurance, either directly through the exchanges or outside them, through Medicaid, and by staying on family plans. Based on state and federal reports, surveys and information from insurance executives, the Los Angeles Times estimates that at least 9.5 million previously uninsured people are now covered.
That includes:
At least six million in the new marketplaces, about 2 million of which were previously uninsured, a share that probably increased this month;
At least 4.5 million signed up through Medicaid or SCHIP (the children's health program+) either through expansion or discovering their eligibility when applying for private insurance—this means more on Medicaid in states that didn't accept the expansion;
At least three million young people, up to age 26, have gained coverage on their parents plans;

About nine million previously insured people have purchased new plans outside of the exchange. And, in a crushing blow to the Kochs and their minions, fewer than one million who had substandard plans in 2013 which were cancelled are now uninsured, compared to the five or six or even seven million the Kochs et al. claim. That's based on a Rand survey. The Republican claim that there has been a net decline in coverage because of cancellations is "not supported by survey data or insurance companies, many of which report they have retained the vast majority of their 2013 customers by renewing old policies, which is permitted in about half the states, or by moving customers to new plans."
Obamacare brings coverage to at least 9.5 million http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/31/1288... via @dailykos

Minnesota's North Coast

#1107199 Mar 31, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodtick is posting current statics to disprove what I posted as past HISTORY of China(like in the mid-1800s)-not even in the same ballpark
you mean back when you could buy opium on every hardgoods store in the Us and it was prescribed by doctors across our nation for 'consumption'?

try again, fool...

stay down this time...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1107200 Mar 31, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I hate the rich?
I am a moderate Democrat.
I found some good in Republican presidents.. eg. G W Bush expanded Medicare to include prescription drugs!
You are off of the Blame American - hate Obama crusade.
You have the
-Birther posts
-Naked Mother Posts
-Hitler's dark side.... a surprise to you :-o
-His real father
-Kenya
Obama's entire agenda in transforming this nation comes straight out of Karl Marx's handbook - leveling the playing field, a utopian vision of income equality, redistribution of wealth, government control of health care, a welfare state - and you have the gall to criticize me for criticizing him?

A moderate Democrat could see right through a Marxist agenda.

But you worry more about someone questioning his shady and questionable past than him destroying capitalism and demonizing success and prosperity?

You may be a moderate Democrat but you are a classic hypocrite.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1107201 Mar 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make up your mind and stop waffling after you get egg on your face.
First admit capitalism is a good thing and Obama is wrong about who's to blame for income inequality.
President Obama is a multimillionaire from book sales.

A bit of concern on your part for the poor in America would be interesting.
After all you love the unborn poor ... just dont't seem to like them when alive?
Your ACA "might work for the poor, the sky is falling" act is amusing but getting a bit old?

Minnesota's North Coast

#1107202 Mar 31, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
"you are on my ignore list" bwwaaaaahhaaaaaaa!
yes, funny, huh? according to his word (which apparently means absolutely nothing...) everyone here is on his ignore list, yet the shit keeps spewing from his pie-hole.....

it is fun to watch fools lie to themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Into The Night 57,144
Review: B52 Van Lines (Apr '15) 23 min Seanno 35
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Phil 207,281
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Pennie Lane 7,260
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Red_Forman 587
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,628
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 1,558
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages