Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1642256 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1107825 Apr 1, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>How do they pay for Part D?
Dumb Dave is an idiot!!!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1107826 Apr 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yikes! less than 50% accuracy...it must have been a really , really big gun shop, huh?
50% accuracy, 100% effectiveness.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107827 Apr 1, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"a in-plasible"??? "crushes"??? Gee, Jay-J. I didn't think you'd crash so quickly. Can't you just get up from the ashes and say, "I meant to do that"? Sure you can...
You, Ghost, is the one claiming to be a grammar expert and then screws it up. Go howl at the moon-nit

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1107828 Apr 1, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
After stepping around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door, a man walked into H&J Leather & Firearms intent on robbing the store. The shop was full of customers and a uniformed officer was standing at the counter. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, and several customers also drew their guns and fired. The robber was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds. Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt.
that's what you call culling the herd. Hopefully he hadn't reproduced yet!!!!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1107829 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
FraudoftheDay: Over 4 years, a PA store owner accepted $128,000 in food stamps in return for ineligible products.
The Pittsburg Post-Gazette
Just like a typical republican, eh?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1107831 Apr 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you want my state, and others like Minnesota, to pay for it? We're already donor states.
awwww shit, we've been paying for the losers in this nation for decades...

we have that good german and scandinavian work ethic, we can handle pulling the cart for y'all

St. Croix valley

#1107832 Apr 1, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
50% accuracy, 100% effectiveness.
seems the guy was stupid enough he was going to be caught anyway..so...100% uselessness?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107834 Apr 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I hve a thought. Prove me wrong or STFU.
Already did!!

The big no cost MYTH

CBO and JCT Estimate That the Coverage Provisions of the ACA Will Have a Net Cost to the Federal Government of $1.5 Trillion Over the 2015–2024 Period

http://cbo.gov/publication/45159
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107836 Apr 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Just like a typical republican, eh?
Be careful Ghost. When you use too many socks, you forget to change your IPS

St. Croix valley

#1107837 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't 12 consecutive years.
Many of those years was with a Dem as president who started out pushing the Health Care that Americans hate so vehemently now.
Attempts to make reforms was met in the Senate with filibusters by the Dems.
The Dems have been obstructing any health care reform except this poorly conceived one that exists now that will cost tax payers trillions of dollars.
This myth that nothing was done to reform has no reality.
not really. something being done means there was actually some results.

it would figure that you consider bloviating and blustering and actually accomplishing nothing counts as doing something....

but that is all you do here, bluster, bloviate, bullshit, and you show nothing.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107839 Apr 1, 2014
Covered California sends hearing-impaired callers to phone sex hotline

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/03/31/cov...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1107840 Apr 1, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> that's what you call culling the herd. Hopefully he hadn't reproduced yet!!!!!!!
LOL!
Poor guy was probably frustrated with his new health insurance policy.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1107841 Apr 1, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Dumb Dave is an idiot!!!
Hypocrite say what?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1107842 Apr 1, 2014
Obamacare law was ‘funded’ and expected to save billions; not so for Medicare Part D

The image shared on Facebook said, "Bush’s Medicare D was far more expensive than the Affordable Care Act, and, unlike the ACA, was never budgeted."

It’s a vague claim without context. Looking for a reasonable way to evaluate it, we found the Obamacare law was "funded" and Part D "unfunded" and that, using estimated 10-year costs at inception, the former was projected to save $148 billion and the latter to cost something under $501 billion (in 2013 dollars).

We rate the claim as Mostly True.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/20...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1107843 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did!!
The big no cost MYTH
CBO and JCT Estimate That the Coverage Provisions of the ACA Will Have a Net Cost to the Federal Government of $1.5 Trillion Over the 2015–2024 Period
again....

Those estimates address only the insurance coverage provisions of the ACA; they do not constitute all of the act’s budgetary effects. Many other provisions, on net, are projected to reduce budget deficits. Considering all of the coverage provisions and the other provisions together, CBO and JCT estimated in July 2012 (the most recent comprehensive estimates) that the total effect of the ACA would be to reduce federal deficits.

why do you like looking the fool?

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1107845 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did!!
The big no cost MYTH
You were told more than once that this article & the headline was only considering one aspect of the ACA.( i.e. COVERAGE PROVISIONS)

At the end of your article, it clearly states this & adds that the ACA still reduces the deficit.

The idea you are too stupid to get this proves that you are a GD idiot.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1107846 Apr 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should leave son.
Any particular conservative place you'd like to go?
I was thinking of moving to that liberal paradise in Hawaii.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/25/home...

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1107847 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did!!
The big no cost MYTH
I can guarantee it will be far more than that. I will also guarantee that the federal government will leave the states hanging with the bill for Medicaid expansion.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107850 Apr 1, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Dumb Dave is an idiot!!!
So Dumb Dave is leo and Dupont.

Ghost is yeah, Carol, dem, Gramri, Domic etc

There, I think I have straighten out the sock drawer

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1107851 Apr 1, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Poor guy was probably frustrated with his new health insurance policy.
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr EatASausageDunsky 64,124
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 4 hr Amazing Skulduggery 4
Cat's out of the bag. 5 hr HMmmmmmmmm 2
What if Ken Starr was RIGHT? 5 hr HMmmmmmmmm 2
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 5 hr Posters Screwed 5
J. Biden, Franken & Weinstein from the same mold. 5 hr Believable and True 3
Trump WILL NEVER RELEASE TAX RETURNS 5 hr ITs not Required 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages