Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1759501 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1107902 Apr 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it's become impossible to actually tell one bagger from the other anymore. I have always enjoyed your posts as it is obvious that you not only are a very smart lady, but your sense of humor at times is way to deep for the baggers on here.
Well, thank you, kind sir. You have always been "one of a kind" in chivalry and common sense. Right now have the urge to take a shower, "paint up my face and roll and curl my tinted hair," and go out into the real world for a bit of sunshine. You can leave these baggers to wallow in their own swill or stay and keep up the good fight, but you have to be aware that (1) most of "them" are one and the same,(2) things mean what they say they mean when the say they mean it, and (3) their incapable of learning from their mistakes...hate the say it, but we' be much better off when they're all dead--which can't be much longer. Later...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1107903 Apr 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Mommies & daddies had jobs before the Bush recession.
When you cut food stamps, you are punishing the kids.
How many cases of pop can kids drink in a month????

Hint: Time to CURB some of that Waste and FRAUD CHIT.

DUHMMY.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1107904 Apr 1, 2014
Medicare Part D: Republican Budget-Busting

Ten years ago this week, Republicans enacted the largest expansion of the welfare state since the creation of Medicare in 1965 by adding a huge unfunded program providing coverage for prescription drugs to the Medicare program.

For years, responsible critics had said it was a system flaw that Medicare did not pay for prescription drugs along with hospitalization and doctorsí visits. By 2003, strong bipartisan support existed for expanding Medicare to include prescription drugs.

Republicans were keen to make sure that the legislation enacted was theirs, because the Democrats were certain to include cost containment for drugs in their legislation. It was widely believed that if the federal government used its buying power to pressure drug companies to cut drug prices, the cost of providing drugs to Medicare recipients would be substantially reduced.

But forcing down drug prices would diminish the drug companiesí profits and Republicans were adamantly opposed to that. Consequently, despite their oft-repeated opposition to new entitlement programs, they got behind the new drug benefit, now known as Medicare Part D, and made sure there was no cost-containment provision.

George W. Bush strongly supported this effort. Looking ahead to a close re-election in 2004, he thought a new government giveaway to the elderly would increase his vote share among this group. According to exit polls, those over age 65 gave Mr. Bush only 47 percent of their vote in 2000, with 51 percent going to Al Gore.

From the beginning, Republicans decided to forgo dedicated financing for Part D. Except for trivial premiums paid by recipients, the entire cost would fall on taxpayers. Moreover, Republicans refused to raise the Medicare tax or cut spending to cover Part D. Hence, the deficit increased by virtually the entire cost of the program.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/19/...
Whatever

Indianapolis, IN

#1107905 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Get a clue, I don't think your opinions have any value since you attempted to use 2006 stats to disprove China's opium use in the 1800s.

You bark angrily at people thinking that is all that is required
Does he bark in your ear as he dry fks your rear?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1107906 Apr 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no Constitutional expert.
Who is exporting something from state to state?
Who is paying duties?
Are you really this whacko?
Where is already-in-the-NEGATIVE-number s-of OVER-spending VA getting the $ to cover MORE spending?

Hint:UNCONSTITUTIONAL from OTHER states dollars.

Just like the UNConstitutional american communist act in it's current form.

Idiot dupe.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1107907 Apr 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why son? I'm not making any claims about Clinton or the mortgage meltdown like you.
However, if you'd like to claim you're an expert at simply making claims and nothing more, I'd have to say you're near the top!
I suggest you read Reckless Endangerment and come back, then we'll talk.

Clinton directed Fannie/Freddie to purchase sub prime loans
Whatever

Indianapolis, IN

#1107908 Apr 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would i get cocky about showing your posts to be crap? that is just standard shit any third grader could do...

is that ghost, or dem, or the debil? who cares? there are lots of perverts on these sites making idiots of themselves..
Don't talk like that, little beitch. After I impregnate your welfare daughter I'll be living with you, pops.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1107909 Apr 1, 2014
The same Obama administration that has had more people die in AFghhanistan than Bush now is wanting to ban cigarettes from being sold on bases.

You can die for the Anti-American thug, Obama, but you can't have any freedom!

Democrats are anti-American.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1107910 Apr 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you want my state, and others like Minnesota, to pay for it? We're already donor states.
Gently now...we don't really want Duh A Vey 's one little peabrain cell to explode trying to process FACT lol.
Whatever

Indianapolis, IN

#1107911 Apr 1, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I love the way Anti-American Obama voters like this post garbage from "blogs"
Nostrilfuckface for sure

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1107912 Apr 1, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Signs the Progressive 'you don't need to make that much money because we will subsidize your lifestyle' economy is on fire!
'Obamanomics in Action: 260,000 College Graduates in Minimum Wage Jobs'
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/03/obama...
I think I'm beginning to understand the impetus behind those public demonstrations for $15 per hour at McDonald's.

All of those unfortunates to have graduated during the Magic Negro Reign need to pay off their student loans and Obamacare Taxes.

And those poor fools actually voted for him! Geesh! Talk about educated Fools!

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1107913 Apr 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA is funded through a series of taxes & fees.
It is not state based.
Talk to your red state buddies & tell them to man up.
Weren't you talking about Medicaid expansion? Who pays all of those taxes and fees?
GhostisStupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107914 Apr 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The nascent One World Government is taking our guns away but replacing the loss with free weather reports.
Gee.
Did you see Brian Williams predicting imminent flooding

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1107915 Apr 1, 2014
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Run your skills by me again, I think missed them. Are you a fake Vietnam veteran, fake millionaire, man pretending to be a woman or (D) all of the above?
I think missed them too.
GhostisStupid

Scottsbluff, NE

#1107916 Apr 1, 2014
Note I am the above Moniker and not Whatever now

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1107917 Apr 1, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
At last you have taken a logical position, I assume you are now promoting the birth control mandate of Obamacare.
Birth control is of no concern to you since you just swallow everything anyways.
Whatever

Indianapolis, IN

#1107918 Apr 1, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you read Reckless Endangerment and come back, then we'll talk.

Clinton directed Fannie/Freddie to purchase sub prime loans
Or Cat in a Hat. Like Cruz.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1107919 Apr 1, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait till they get sued.
Dead men can't sue. Win, win situation.
Whatever

Indianapolis, IN

#1107920 Apr 1, 2014
Where'd ya go hillbilly beitch.
Firing off some tearful feedbacks?
Whateverisakkkhu nt

Indianapolis, IN

#1107921 Apr 1, 2014
GhostisStupid wrote:
Note I am the above Moniker and not Whatever now
Got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 4 hr The real Rudy 77
Trump is A (Oct '17) 4 hr CrunchyBacon 761
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 6 hr St63rd 25
Straight 4 bi 1st time 6 hr friend 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr FARTS DOG 64,672
where to score h in chicago (Jul '12) 8 hr Yoyo 10
Arne Duncan's Unconstitutional Plan 12 hr Dont Breath MY Air 1

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages