Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,016,001 - 1,016,020 of 1,100,224 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105038 Mar 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Realtime was raised on a dairy farm which was well out in the country at the time.
Too bad you've got no memory dummy.
Me too!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105039 Mar 27, 2014
Gubbymint employees not following the rules...

'...Cardholders placed orders prior to receiving approving official approval for 24 (30 percent) of the 80 sampled transactions, valued at $39,713."

http://www.epa.gov/oig/reports/2014/20140304-...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105040 Mar 27, 2014
Not quite accurate. According to Scientific Evolutionists, ALL Peoples originated in Africa.

Because The Roman Empire occupied Countries in Africa, Somalia, Ethiopia, they are a mixed - Italian-African Bloodline. Just like Cleopatra was Greek-African Bloodline from The Ptolemy Line.

So, the Italian Race didn't "originate" in Africa. The Bloodline originated in Italy from The Etruscan(s) People. But the Italian and African Race(s) did mix.
Olive Magadino wrote:
Did you know the Italian race originated from Africa?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1105042 Mar 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said...typical Republican. Always taking advantage of tax loopholes to prevent paying their fair share. "S corporation". LMAO
the problem with "fair share" is who gets to define it.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105043 Mar 27, 2014
40 million people starving in America...

and we have this...

"Cardholders did not obtain funding prior to purchase for 20 (25 percent) of the 80 sampled transactions, valued at $41,415..."

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105044 Mar 27, 2014
We have to follow the law of the land....but these folks don't...

"....Approving officials did not review purchase card logs for 14 (18 percent) of the 80 sampled transactions, valued at $22,402..."

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1105045 Mar 27, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the US Census, there are about 15 million 4 member family households out of about 80 million total households.
Do the math. Hint, its not 75 percent
I already told you I was having a tough time deciding, but I'm leaning towards Forbes.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105048 Mar 27, 2014
$17 trillion in debt...

and

We are required to follow the laws of the land...

these Gubbymint workers forgot too....

'...in 13 (15 percent) of 80 transactions, valued at $21,465, cardholders did not follow restricted transaction and approval policies...'

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1105049 Mar 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Realtime was raised on a dairy farm which was well out in the country at the time.
Too bad you've got no memory dummy.
There is a difference between flatland country and mountain country.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105050 Mar 27, 2014
Well, I was carving a joint for my husband the other night and the knife slipped and killed his sister.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105051 Mar 27, 2014
Remind us again why we should trust the gubbymint?

"In three instances, cardholders who were not acquisition professionals
purchased gym memberships that required pre-payment for services
totaling $2,867. Two of those purchases were for family memberships,
and not just the EPA employee."

Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105052 Mar 27, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem with "fair share" is who gets to define it.
EXACTLY what I was saying about the word SECURE just a moment ago. I'm going to have to go to the audience on this one, Bill.... Well, folks, who here thinks the dollar value of "fair share" should tote up to the cost of the two POINTLESS wars, the TSA, and "Homeland Security?" You know the old saying, "You make it, you buy it."
Patriot

Erie, CO

#1105053 Mar 27, 2014
Why would Israel have a plane identical to the missing Malaysia Airlines plane in storage in Tel Aviv? The plane is Boeing 777 2H6(ER)- 28416/155, an identical twin of the missing plane, which has been in a hanger in Israel since November 2013.

Could this plane be part of a false-flag terror plot in the making?

http://vaticproject.blogspot.com/2014/03/are-...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1105054 Mar 27, 2014
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105055 Mar 27, 2014
Culture of fear (or climate of fear) is a term used by certain scholars, writers, journalists and politicians who believe that some in society incite fear in the general public to achieve political goals.

Fears are usually exaggerated or irrational in nature.[1][2] The term has also been used to describe irrational fear in other contexts, such as citizens fearing persons of different ethnic backgrounds, or neighborhood residents fearing retribution if they assist police in identifying criminals.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_fear
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105056 Mar 27, 2014
For you, carol...

Former US National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski argues that the use of the term War on Terror was intended to generate a culture of fear deliberately because it "obscures reason, intensifies emotions and makes it easier for demagogic politicians to mobilize the public on behalf of the policies they want to pursue".[4]

Frank Furedi, a Professor of Sociology at the University of Kent and writer for Spiked magazine, points out that today's culture of fear did not begin with the collapse of the World Trade Center. Long before 11 September, he argues, public panics were widespread - on everything from GM crops to mobile phones, from global warming to foot-and-mouth disease. Like Durodiť, Furedi argues that perceptions of risk, ideas about safety and controversies over health, the environment and technology have little to do with science or empirical evidence. Rather, they are shaped by cultural assumptions about human vulnerability. Furedi say that "we need a grown-up discussion about our post-11 September world, based on a reasoned evaluation of all the available evidence rather than on irrational fears for the future.[5]
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105057 Mar 27, 2014
British academics Gabe Mythen and Sandra Walklate, argue that following terrorist attacks in New York, the Pentagon, Madrid, and London, government agencies developed a discourse of "new terrorism" in a cultural climate of fear and uncertainty. UK researchers argued that this processes reduced notion of public safety and created the simplistic image of a non-white "terroristic other" that has negative consequences for ethnic minority groups in the UK.[6]

In his 2004 BBC documentary film series, The Power of Nightmares, subtitled The Rise of the Politics of Fear, the journalist Adam Curtis argues that politicians have used our fears to increase their power and control over society. Though he does not use the term "culture of fear", what Curtis describes in his film is a reflection of this concept. He looks at the American neo-conservative movement and its depiction of the threat first from the Soviet Union and then from radical Islamists.[7] Curtis insists there has been a largely illusory fear of terrorism in the west since the September 11 attacks and that politicians such as George W Bush and Tony Blair had stumbled on a new force to restore their power and authority; using the fear of an organised "web of evil" from which they could protect their people.[8] Curtis's film castigated the media, security forces and the Bush administration for expanding their power in this way.[8] The film features Bill Durodiť, then Director of the International Centre for Security Analysis, and Senior Research Fellow in the International Policy Institute, King's College London, saying that to call this network an "invention" would be too strong a term, but he asserts that it probably does not exist and is largely a "(projection) of our own worst fears, and that what we see is a fantasy that's been created."[9]
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105058 Mar 27, 2014
So, um, carol,(wherever you are?) What should WE be afraid of today? what can we do to make us more SECURE about it?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1105059 Mar 27, 2014
My old stomping grounds.

youtube/old pictures of fayette county
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105060 Mar 27, 2014
We have Pres Obama lecturing us about laws of the land....

and then we have

"In seven (9 percent) of 80 sampled transactions, cardholders and approving officials made $8,165 in purchases prohibited by the CMM..."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min lmao 46,314
Abby 8-29 41 min pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 45 min andet1987 1,452
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 49 min andet1987 569
Word (Dec '08) 54 min andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mimi Seattle 97,933
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 177,384
Amy 8-29 10 hr Kuuipo 13
•••