Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418250 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Dominic Mangino

Buffalo, NY

#1106492 Mar 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. YOU try to follow along.
The United States is not a party to this action.
"This case is not a complex piece of corporate litigation. It is, instead, a common-law tort
action in which all of the parties are individuals and few material facts, if any, are subject to
dispute. Despite the relative simplicity of this action, plaintiff and defendant O’Connor have
issued extremely broad and burdensome third-party document subpoenas to USDA and EOP that seek, in the aggregate, 83 categories of documents that are irrelevant to this litigation. They have also announced their intention to issue third-party deposition subpoenas to a total of five current officials of USDA and have reserved the right to issue third-party deposition subpoenas to an unlimited number of additional federal officials. By doing these things, plaintiff and defendant O’Connor have triggered “‘the government’s serious and legitimate concern that its employee resources not be commandeered into service by private litigants to the detriment of the smooth functioning of government operations.’” For that reason, the United States should not be required to respond to any of the third-party subpoenas that plaintiff and defendant O’Connor have issued or propose to issue to it in this action."
http://images.politico.com/global/2014/02/20/...
I just love you, do you know that? Plus, I'd like to think that in some small way I've been partially responsible for releasing your inner demon... she's hot. I accept in advance that it all could've been the other way around, however; should there be any question...
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1106494 Mar 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i care what you think either. but i do care about the facts...
i care about the fact you are a liar and can't back up your lies...
i care about the fact that you are running from this fact like the little coward you are...
Baawwaaahhh!!!!

You can't make this stuff up!

Too funny!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1106495 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Still does not give the FEDs the right to stonewall. They are obliged to follow a court order. What kind of country do you think we live in?
No. They have no such obligation.

STATUS CONFERENCE
MEMORANDUM OF THE UNITED
STATES

"Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 45(d)(1) provides that “[a] party or attorney responsible
for issuing and serving a subpoena must take reasonable steps to avoid imposing undue burden or expense on a person subject to the subpoena.” The “‘undue burden’ standard” of Rule 45(d)(1) causes “‘concern for the unwanted burden thrust upon non-parties” to be a “‘factor entitled to special weight’” in determining the enforceability of third-party subpoenas. "

That concern is at its zenith where, as here, third-party subpoenas are directed to the United States. In such cases, the court “must properly accommodate ‘the government’s serious and legitimate concern that its employee resources not be commandeered into service by private litigants to the detriment of the smooth functioning of government operations.’” Id.(quoting Exxon Shipping Co. v. Dep’t of the Interior, 34 F.3d 774, 779 (9tCir. 1994))"

Accordingly, the burdens imposed on EOP by overbroad discovery demands like the third-party subpoena that defendant O’Connor has issued to EOP are an especially “important factor” weighing heavily against their enforcement.” Id. at 385. Avoiding those burdens is sufficiently important that the United States is permitted to challenge discovery demands issued to EOP without “invoking executive privilege with sufficient specificity” or making other “particularized objections.” Id. at 388.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106496 Mar 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>millions lost their insurance or they got different insurance?
wanna google that?
what a tool! Putin isn't thumbing his nose at anyone...
why do you talk of things you clearly do not understand?
You really need to be the one to Google it O' arrogant one. PS don't use Left sites

Putin invaded Crimea after saying he wouldn't. This is not a difficult reality to grasp. The whole world is deeply concern but hey you "know" better

LAU
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1106497 Mar 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>millions lost their insurance or they got different insurance?
wanna google that?
what a tool! Putin isn't thumbing his nose at anyone...
why do you talk of things you clearly do not understand?
How's the weather on the Moon, Moonbat?

You are a riot!
Dominic Mangino

Buffalo, NY

#1106498 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Left sure do like to create strange issues
Putin is thumbing his nose at us
Iran is building a nuke
We are quickly loosing our status as the most powerful country in the world-in fact I think it is gone
Millions have loss their insurance
And...... the Left skips along oblivious fussing about Hobby Lobby
Ya think? D'ya really think we're losing (sp) our "status" as "the most powerful country in the world?" Really? After two pointless invasions and sixty years of losing fights we started ourselves or to benefit the oil industry, you JUST noticed we're not the champs anymore? So who are the champs? I mean, in your opinion... I trust your opinion because... well... I just looked into your eyes and I was SURE you - of all people - would know the truth when it's just gone RIGHT OVER everybody else's head.... YOU DID IT, MORON! IT'S YOUR PEOPLE WHO BLEW IT. Duh!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106499 Mar 29, 2014
Dominic Mangino wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love you, do you know that? Plus, I'd like to think that in some small way I've been partially responsible for releasing your inner demon... she's hot. I accept in advance that it all could've been the other way around, however; should there be any question...
This is getting freaky weird now.

Time for me to get back to work.

Tell me does this end with a piece of spaghetti-No, no I was just joking. Don't want to know
Dominic Mangino

Buffalo, NY

#1106500 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to be the one to Google it O' arrogant one. PS don't use Left sites
Putin invaded Crimea after saying he wouldn't. This is not a difficult reality to grasp. The whole world is deeply concern but hey you "know" better
LAU
Shut up you stoopid pig. Were it in my power you and yours would be engulfed in flames right now...
Dominic Mangino

Buffalo, NY

#1106501 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So? If the court ordered them to provide them-they need to provide them.
This isn't rocket science and if you weren't so bitter towards one of those involved you would see this too
You want to play with me, tubby? Surely, you'll do better than all the rest... surely you will... YOU MUST! SOMEONE needs to stand strong against the forces of darkness or otherwise... otherwise... um... or what happens?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106502 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
"falsifying" is a legal term
If agencies were all to be sued for failing to include everything-we would have very few left
Your final attempt to cover up your lack of logic by adding an illogical slur is really clueless
You people are a piece of work. No wonder no one feels republicans can be trusted.

Falsify: to change (something) in order to make people believe something that is not true.

Libel: A published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

FACT: Breitbart "edited" the video to make people believe something that was not true then he posted a false statement which damaged Shirley Sherrod's reputation.

Breitbart:

"In the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him. And, she admits that she doesn't do everything she can for him, because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from "one of his own kind". She refers him to a white lawyer.

Sherrod's racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement. Hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups' racial tolerance."

GUILTY!!!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1106503 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So who did the babies murder? That was a truly dumb comparison.
so they aren't against taking a life...and they get to qualify whose life is worth taking?

ain't religious cults fun?

St. Croix valley

#1106504 Mar 29, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
How's the weather on the Moon, Moonbat?
You are a riot!
still not able to discuss issues? so sad for you!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106505 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So? If the court ordered them to provide them-they need to provide them.
This isn't rocket science and if you weren't so bitter towards one of those involved you would see this too
No they don't. The subpoena's as presented are not enforceable.

St. Croix valley

#1106506 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LAU
when did Putin say he wouldn't do exactly what he did?
Dominic Mangino

Buffalo, NY

#1106507 Mar 29, 2014
The U.S. already spends more on war (they like to call it defense, but when's the last time you ever saw the U.S. military ever fight a defensive action?) than the ten most powerful nations in the world combined including china and RUSSIA. In spite of our eclipse as the "World's Most Powerful Nation" we seem to be chugging along at the edges of the championships even if we never built another ship. plane, or missile.

China's the new bogeyman? Russia's back? Germany probably is building underground invasion plans as we speak! Don't make me laugh (I'm not laughing.) There aren't any more "superpowers" so there are NO BOGEYMEN!" But I understand, you need someone, something to personify and make real your fear. Well, here I AM, honies... lay your angst on me!

Hey, um, what do you "win" for being the "Most Powerful Nation?" A booby prize?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106508 Mar 29, 2014
Dominic Mangino wrote:
<quoted text>
I' m trying very hard to follow your lead by not taking these people too seriously but they don't make it easy.
Dominic Mangino

Buffalo, NY

#1106509 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is getting freaky weird now.
Time for me to get back to work.
Tell me does this end with a piece of spaghetti-No, no I was just joking. Don't want to know
Boy you really ARE a striver, ain't you kitten? Workin' youself to the bone on a Saturday night... What happen, she leave you an' now all you got is the well-oiled lawnmower?...
Dominic Mangino

Buffalo, NY

#1106510 Mar 29, 2014
I DO NOT understand why all the bad white guys run away from me? Am I black or sumthin'?
Dominic Mangino

Buffalo, NY

#1106511 Mar 29, 2014
So let's say Iran fires a nuclear missile into Israel, which is the SOURCE of much of the tension in the world currently. A lot of Jews die, so sad... What then happens to the Iranians? Are they a NATION of suicide bombers d'ya think?

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1106512 Mar 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are a piece of work. No wonder no one feels republicans can be trusted.
Falsify: to change (something) in order to make people believe something that is not true.
Libel: A published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
FACT: Breitbart "edited" the video to make people believe something that was not true then he posted a false statement which damaged Shirley Sherrod's reputation.
Breitbart:
"In the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him. And, she admits that she doesn't do everything she can for him, because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from "one of his own kind". She refers him to a white lawyer.
Sherrod's racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement. Hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups' racial tolerance."
GUILTY!!!
Who caused the damage or harm? Her employer based on edited video. It seems to me there are two defendants and one of them is stonewalling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Dr Phil 222,418
amy8-25-16 20 min Sublime1 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Talkin Bout Da Inane 61,024
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 33 min GEORGIA 1,934
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 34 min GEORGIA 3,036
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 9,384
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings 1 hr NB Forrest 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages