Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1567013 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1106708 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I use a fake video to successfully frame my neighbor for murdering my wife, its not my fault but rather the justice system.
Breitbart did nothing.

It was the LSM that ran with the false story. Blame them.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1106709 Mar 30, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a point when you figure payback has been achieved? Maybe there's a monetary equivalent you have in mind, some reparation that will unleash a pent-up contributory juggernaut? How long will you cower behind the "victim" shield, 50, 100, 200 more years?
So you evidently think that the past racism & legal segregation has nothing to do with those statistics?
Here you are jumping into the idea of payback & reparations like good little racist POS right whiner.
I am not taking about any such thing at all. I am saying that when you look at those statistics that there are factors such as the segregation & racism that were legal prior to 1964 and still exist today (Here is when you look on the mirror).
But you, you look at statistics & like Paul Ryan declare that the black culture is deficient and that black people don't want to work.
So we have a population living in the cities where the manufacturing & construction jobs left and where schools are failing. But, nooooooooooo,you say black people are lazy & don't want to work.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106710 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I use a fake video to successfully frame my neighbor for murdering my wife, its not my fault but rather the justice system.
You really do not have a good grasp on legal terms.

What "crime" was Sherrod charged with?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106711 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA has a claus to allow insurance companies to continue to offer any plan in effect at the time the bill passed. The ACA does not dictate network.
The insurance companies decided o no longer offer those policies & it was the insurance companies that chose the networks.
You people are just dumber than sh*t.
very few medical insurance plans ever included pediatric vision and dental care (as one example), traditionally covered by separate plans.....

so ObamaKKkare guaranteed that very few plans could be continued....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106712 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherrod was not fired. Now, it could be said that she acted irresponsibly by resigning but that has nothing to do with this case other than proving her case against Breitbart. Breitbart set the stage with his lies. Everything that followed is his fault.
If she resigned, then she really doesn't have much a claim for retort especially after she refused to accept the job when re-offered.

Your hate of Breitbart is clouding your judgement
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106713 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sherrod vs Breitbart case has nothing to do with Pigford. I'm saying you have a blind spot when it comes to Jews. They can do no wrong in your eyes.
Says you? Yeah, right
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106714 Mar 30, 2014
Correction

tort not retort
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106715 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those 12 deaths were linked to the 2005-7 Chevrolet Cobalts and 2003-7 Saturn. Not exactly modern history.
OK.....sorry, that makes it acceptable.....

just a little collateral damage....like ObamaKKKare......

by the way, does it bother anyone that Government Motors concealed these problems when begging for a taxpayer bailout????....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106716 Mar 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The American Conservative (TAC) is a bi-monthly journal of opinion published by the American Ideas Institute. It reflects traditional American conservatism that has argued vigorously against American interventionism, against a debt-based fiscal policy used to finance adventurism abroad and government growth at home, and against the intrusions on Americans’ private lives by state security apparatus. In general, TAC represents an anti-war and paleoconservative voice against the dominance of what it sees as a neoconservative strain on the Right.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_Con...
more conservative than FOX News.
Yeah and my blog called "We Liberals" reflects the viewpoints of Liberals.

Your naiveté on this is amazing
Patriot

Arvada, CO

#1106717 Mar 30, 2014
Obama’s Sandy Hook Hoax a Cash Windfall for Conncticut Criminals

03/30/14

http://chemtrailsplanet.net/2014/03/30/obamas...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106718 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it is with republicans and conspiracy theories? Now you want to claim the Dept. of Agriculture "was looking for an excuse to fire her"? Try to stay on track. THE US GOVERNMENT IS NOT A PARTY TO THIS ACTION.
because the US Government is immune from such lawsuits.......

Blain, PA

#1106719 Mar 30, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Breitbart did nothing.
It was the LSM that ran with the false story. Blame them.
I the press did not report on it, you would be " OMG OMG OMG the evil press is covering up this story"

You know it.
Patriot

Arvada, CO

#1106720 Mar 30, 2014
EXPOSED: Climate Change Lies, Suppressed Evidence and Corporate Profits

03/11/14

http://chemtrailsplanet.net/2014/03/11/expose...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106721 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA has a claus to allow insurance companies to continue to offer any plan in effect at the time the bill passed. The ACA does not dictate network.
The insurance companies decided o no longer offer those policies & it was the insurance companies that chose the networks.
You people are just dumber than sh*t.
Dave, you are either lying or being willfully ignorant. This has been pointed out repeatedly this is a fallacy and Obamacare did not say ANY

As usual you argue with misinformation

Blain, PA

#1106722 Mar 30, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of Americans are white, moron.
There are people of all races in the Tea Party.
Why is it always about race to you frauds?

I bring race into it when you people make racist comments.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1106723 Mar 30, 2014
Dominic Mangino wrote:
I DO NOT understand why all the bad white guys run away from me? Am I black or sumthin'?
"duminic sanguine"
The question you ask should not be are you black, that matters not a wit. The question you should ask yourself is why you are so stoopid.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1106724 Mar 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for Pete's sake. Breitbart spent eight months trying to find a way to save face by using the Pigford settlement to smear Sherrod and get the attention off of himself. Only a die hard conspiracy loon would give any credit to Breitbart's insane accusation regarding the Pigford lawsuit.
The New York Times published a major story on the case and its legacy. It vindicated many of the conservative suspicions about the case. "The compensation effort sprang from a desire to redress what the government and a federal judge agreed was a painful legacy of bias against African-Americans by the Agriculture Department," Sharon LaFraniere wrote. "But an examination by The New York Times shows that it became a runaway train, driven by racial politics, pressure from influential members of Congress and law firms that stand to gain more than $130 million in fees. In the past five years, it has grown to encompass a second group of African-Americans as well as Hispanic, female and Native American farmers. In all, more than 90,000 people have filed claims. The total cost could top $4.4 billion."

The Times went on to report that:

Political appointees in the Obama Administration overruled career lawyers and agency officials at the Justice and Agriculture Departments, committing $1.33 billion to compensate "thousands of Hispanic and female farmers who had never claimed bias in court," even though the civil servants argued that there was no credible evidence of widespread discrimination.

The template for payouts Team Obama adopted was a magnet for fraud.

"From the start, the claims process prompted allegations of widespread fraud and criticism that its very design encouraged people to lie," but "those concerns were played down as the compensation effort grew."

"... Even now people who say they were unfairly denied loans can collect up to $50,000 with little documentation."

In a 2010 settlement with Native Americans, Justice Department lawyers "argued that the $760 million agreement far outstripped the potential cost of a defeat in court. Agriculture officials said not that many farmers would file claims. That prediction proved prophetic. Only $300 million in claims were filed, leaving nearly $400 million in the control of plaintiffs' lawyers to be distributed among a handful of nonprofit organizations serving Native American farmers. Two and a half years later, the groups have yet to be chosen. It is unclear how many even exist."

An internal Agriculture Department memo from 2010 stated that the payouts to women and Hispanics would be "a way to neutralize the argument that the government favors black farmers over Hispanic, Native American or women farmers."

15 Agriculture Department employees who reviewed or responded to claims "said the loose conditions for payment had opened the floodgates to fraud."

Said Sandy Grammer, a former Agriculture Department program analyst who reviewed claims for three years: "Basically, it was a rip-off of the American taxpayers."

One Arkansas prosecutor rejected a test case against someone who admitted to lying on his claim form, saying that singling him out could raise the question of selective prosecution: "The defendant could go to the jury and say:'Everybody else did this. Why am I standing here?'"

"In one ZIP code in Columbus, Ohio, nearly everyone in two adjoining apartment buildings had filed."
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106725 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I the press did not report on it, you would be " OMG OMG OMG the evil press is covering up this story"
You know it.
Still does not change the facts, Dave.

It was the MSM coverage that made it an issue!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106726 Mar 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.....sorry, that makes it acceptable.....
just a little collateral damage....like ObamaKKKare......
by the way, does it bother anyone that Government Motors concealed these problems when begging for a taxpayer bailout????....
Why in the world would USA attempt to defend a company that did this?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106727 Mar 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I bring race into it when you people make racist comments.
Link to Dave's and Chris Matthew's words they consider racist if spoken by someone they don't like

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 13 min Alyssa76 3,670
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Alyssa76 11,035
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 242,123
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,578
Norcross and his brother invested in troll fact... 3 hr Tony 1
Trump Sounds like a fool 12 hr Average voter 9
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 12 hr RACE 1,761

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages