Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1104886 Mar 27, 2014
what a beacon....for abortion...

Homer wrote:
Hey rightwing morans and normal folks, what's the latest? How's everyone been?
Rightwingers still whining, leftwingers/moderates still basking in the glow of back to back presidential victories with a 3rd on pretty much a lock?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1104887 Mar 27, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
not really. In Oakland pro-lifers put up billboards stating "black is beautiful" in an attempt to lower abortion rates for blacks in that community. They were forced to take them down. Not much has changed.
The same thing happened in NY-Al Notsosharpton had a fit and took credit for removing them.
http://gothamist.com/2011/02/24/anti-abortion...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1104888 Mar 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well let's see son, you people threw Obama under the bus for getting support from the Annenberg Foundation even though they do good work and the founder is a life long republican.
Based on your 'standards,' you are the original pigs and have worked diligently to hold on to that title with your lives.
Your problem is you let your politics and prejudices get the better of you.... it simply overpowers your ability to think rationally.
Kvetch likes to name drop to build up her low self-esteem. Living vicariously through others is all she's got. Remember Breitbart? Fact is, when an individual donates $500,000 to someone's campaign it's not an altruistic move. They are buying accessibility and a voice in the decision making of government. That's just they way it works. Certainly doesn't make the Annenberg Foundation or Diane Hendricks any less generous and humanitarian. That concept is often loss in the discussion.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1104889 Mar 27, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
This is in response to Flacks post #1104804:
"Researchers do admit that these numbers might be flawed. They wrote in the report that most states donít have abortion rate data based on race/ethnicity, "
I guess you didn't read that sentence! What point are you trying to make? Yesterday you were posting welfare statistics claiming that more black women were on welfare than whites;
are you saying that black women should be prohibited from obtaining abortions?
If they have the babies and cannot support them; they will go on welfare; and you will disparage them. You will then post statistics that black children from single mothers do poorly in school; get suspended more often.
I applaud those young women who have chosen abortion rather than bring a child into this world that they cannot take care of.
It's the responsible thing to do, no matter what race or ethnicity. You seem hung up on black people. Perhaps you should really do some research on the arrest rates of young black males; creating a large group of felons. Creating felons allows the government and everyone else to legally discriminate against these people for life. Can't get a job, an apartment, a loan. What the hell do you people want anyway?
You don't want them to have birth control, you don't want them to get pregnant, you don't want them to have an abortion, you don't want them to have a baby out of wedlock, you won't want them to have a baby and go on welfare, you lock up all the men and make sure that they can't support their children....and on and on and on and on.
that is the cycle of a sick mind. I'm going to post a letter from the lead pubic defender in Broward County.
In the first place I don't care if they have and use birth control. I just don't want to pay for it. Pay for it yourself. Second I don't care if you abort your future. Less people I will have to support. Third, Why do woman think they can spread their legs and get pregnant and then expect me( who wasn't there, got no pleasure from it)to pay for it. Here's an idea. Don't have a baby till you can afford it like we did.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104890 Mar 27, 2014
Look back, Olive, dear... They have no idea who is which witch. You can almost feel the tension as the two Italianate banditos approach each other in the spaghetti-covered street... (to keep down the dust, you know...) I only drop out of character so I can peench chur nipples and make chu cry like a leetle sicilian girl... eet ees my way.. Back to work...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1104891 Mar 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
"The Fed knows that the U.S. economy is not recovering," Schiff said. "It simply is being kept from collapse by artificially low interest rates and quantitative easing. As that support goes, the economy will implode."
"The crisis is imminent," Schiff said. "I don't think Obama is going to finish his second term without the bottom dropping out. And stock market investors are oblivious to the problems."
Is this just too hard to imagine or talk about?
What if Schiff is right? I wasn't sure we were going to survive the first four years. But Obamacare is here, the economy is not recovering nearly fast enough, the deficit is off the charts, and the other shoe has to drop eventually.
Hopefully, not until the GOP has the reins again in Congress. But what if the loons on here still manage to represent the wrong people being voted back in? It didn't seem possible in 2012. But look what happened.
Peter Schiff? ROFLMAO
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104892 Mar 27, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Margaret Sanger would be so proud of you!!!
If she weren't dead, huh? Well... um... Roy Rodgers would be so proud of you!!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1104893 Mar 27, 2014
Progressives sorry about Romney's underwear...

while...

IRS Exec....spends $450 a day to fly to and from work...

"One IRS official, labeled "Executive B" in the report, traveled to Washington, D.C. a total of 282 days in Fiscal Year 2012, claiming almost $127,000 in travel costs.(That's $450/day if you do the math.)

In FY 2011, "Executive B" traveled to Washington 238 days, with total travel costs of almost $116,000."

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jamie-dupree/2013/...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1104894 Mar 27, 2014
*worry....
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104895 Mar 27, 2014
I'm not absolutely sure I could strangle 160,000,000... but I could try, right?
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104896 Mar 27, 2014
Be alright if I used a golf club?
dem

United States

#1104897 Mar 27, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>In the first place I don't care if they have and use birth control. I just don't want to pay for it. Pay for it yourself. Second I don't care if you abort your future. Less people I will have to support. Third, Why do woman think they can spread their legs and get pregnant and then expect me( who wasn't there, got no pleasure from it)to pay for it. Here's an idea. Don't have a baby till you can afford it like we did.
I didn't wanna pay for bush's wars.
Funny thing is you dks don't get to allocate your own funds. Thank Reagan.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1104898 Mar 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Moldova next Putin target???...
It's not just the economy going south that I'm worried about. It's also the uncertainties on the world stage. It's like the whole world is holding its breath waiting for the sound of the thud of a shoe dropping. If Russia doesn't prompt another world war, Iran becoming nuclear will. Israel once showed restraint under U.S. guidance, but they have gone rogue and have very itchy trigger fingers. Not to mention the ongoing terror threat that could make 9/11 look like a practice run.

We live in very perilous times on all fronts. And the liberal loons on here just pick their noses and fling their boogers at everyone they don't like for trying to warn them.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1104899 Mar 27, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> In the first place I don't care if they have and use birth control. I just don't want to pay for it. Pay for it yourself. Second I don't care if you abort your future. Less people I will have to support. Third, Why do woman think they can spread their legs and get pregnant and then expect me( who wasn't there, got no pleasure from it)to pay for it. Here's an idea. Don't have a baby till you can afford it like we did.
This from a person who grew up in the number two state in sucking in government funding who now lives in an area funded by military spending.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1104900 Mar 27, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They don'y report on it much because it is working.
You right whiners are dumber than sh*t.
When you tea party people try to run on repealing the ACA, you will lose votes.( as if being a Tea Party member wouldn't do that already)
The latest AP poll shows:
Poll: Obamaís disapproval rating hits a new high

What will the sheeple think if they wake up enough to find out Obammy's even given away control of the Internet?

"Negative views of President Obama have hit a new high, according to a poll
The AP-GfK poll shows 59 percent of Americans now disapprove of Obama -- a point higher than the previous high set in December.

Obama's approval rating stands at 41 percent. That's the second-lowest figure the poll has ever found.

Part of Obama's problems appear to be related to foreign policy: The poll shows Americans disapprove of his handling of the situation in Ukraine 57-40 and disapprove of how he handles relationships with other countries 58-40.

In January, Americans were evenly split on Obama's diplomacy skills.

The poll was conducted Thursday through Sunday.

Nearly six in ten Americans now disapprove of President Obama's job performance, with just 41 percent giving him a thumbs-up. That's the top line result of a new Associated Press national poll, representing Obama's worst performance in the history of the survey.

Obama didn't fare any better on most issues, earning poor marks on his handling of the economy (39/59), the federal budget (36/63), immigration (38/61), and foreign affairs (40/58).

The survey reveals a sharp deterioration in the president's personal favorability, which dropped to (42/51).

Bizarrely, the AP appears to not have asked any questions about Obamacare, despite any number of news hooks -- including the impending (but extended) enrollment deadline.

CBS News' latest poll did ask about Obamacare, however. It showed public approval of the health law underwater (41/53), the exact same margin as this week's brutal Morning Consult poll. That survey noted that undecided likely 2014 voters disapprove of Obamacare by a 40 point margin.

Obama is upside-down on healthcare approval (40/56) in the CBS poll, in which respondents said the current healthcare sign-up process is going poorly by nearly a two-to-one margin. A fresh Fox News poll also contains unwelcome news for the White House, with Obama's overall job approval sucking wind at (40/53).

Fox polled two issues related to American prestige:

* the cancellation of our space shuttle program (the US has struck a deal to pay Russia roughly $71 million per astronaut, per space flight, because we currently lack the capability to launch our own people into space),

* and the Obama administration's decision to transfer control of the internet from the United States to an international body.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104901 Mar 27, 2014
Give it up, merda al posto del cervello, you couldn't be me if your pathetic life depended on it. Only an ANIMAL would make jokes about aborted babies! The CURSE OF THE BAMBINO upon you and may your children all rot in hell like the spawn of... gak... gak, gak.. gak.... can't breathe.... gak, gak...(crash...)
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104902 Mar 27, 2014
Another TV tray bites the dust...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1104903 Mar 27, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas
You have a poor track record on topix,
a bit like Carol's gloom and doom
but more like Fox-bot.
LOL
Isn't it better to be prepared for the worst than surprised by it?

No one is hoping things around more than me. But it's not going to happen as long as this president is still leading us down the path of destruction.

So it's probably better to be prepared.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104904 Mar 27, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
*worry....
YOU worry... I've got my hands full...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1104905 Mar 27, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Never said I did.
You are a flat liar, you post constantly articles that you don't give credit to the author in the hopes that someone, anyone will think that you are smarter than you actually are. Your continuous degrading of all that don't agree with your mindless BS with your libtard comments are a sad reflection on you far more than others. There is little doubt in my mind that you are the typical wannabe that most of society has looked down upon. And a stone racist, like most baggers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min loose cannon 187,896
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 69,827
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr jimi-yank 53,065
Word (Dec '08) 10 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 17 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 17 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]