Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1708972 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1106167 Mar 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets simplify this. if you own a business you think it's ok to dictate morality and religious beliefs to your employees? The establishment for or against religion.
I have to admit to jumping over about a hundred posts but has anyone mentioned the "EACH Act" passed by the House which would, basically, provide a religious exemptions to anyone who claims they have a religious objection to the ACA whether or not they attend any church? I can't believe the House is still wasting taxpayer time and money on such ludicrous attempts to destroy the ACA. It borders on pathological.

All a person seeking an exemption would have to do is "include a sworn statement in their tax return explaining their objection to health insurance." If they seek medical attention, they lose their exemption. How is that possibly enforceable?

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/votes/2...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106168 Mar 29, 2014
Let's check in on the gun control nuts (over-the-top)

Piers Morgan ranted his way through his final good-byes on the last night of his cancelled show. He was finally honest and admitted he only wanted the government to have guns.

Leland Lee (D-CA) big proponent for anti-gun laws. Apparently legal guns interfered with his gun running with gangster Shrimp Boy. Both were arrested by the FBI. Lee was running his own Fast and Furious.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1106169 Mar 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if anything is being pushed, they just don't want to pay for something that goes against their conscience. There's nothing preventing an employee from seeking the very few contraception's in question. They are always free to leave.
this has absolutely nothing to do with the employees. yes, they can do what they want.

the employer does not get to flaunt Us law because of their religious cult beliefs, nor do they get to push those beliefs on others...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1106170 Mar 29, 2014
If Internet access worked like Obamacare, every Internet plan would have mandatory AOL, Speed Boost & Bing Bar.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1106171 Mar 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proof of a lie, right? If not then that makes you the liar again and again. Allow me to point out some more of your twofaced hypocrisy. You get mad when anyone says things that you deem personal, but you feel it's ok for you to do far worse to them. I mentioned a couple years ago that I took care of my youngest son for 9 years prior to him passing on from cancer, you have belittled me and made fun of that many times, you also started the perverted crap. I find you to be a despicable not very bright human being. Daily you come on and do the very same thing you did the day before, grow up for christs sake. Or at least attempt to add something.
"poop"
One more time you lie. I never belittled you, I simply pointed out your statement. You are the champeen liar, you come on and advise posters you disagree with about your sexual conquests of their wives and daughters. You brag of your sexual conquests of Hollywierd models and Circus Circus show girls. Unlike you I have never commented on posters wives and children. You are a liar and a phoney.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
PS: I have to not you have not advised in the release date of your bio/fantasy. Another lie?
dem

Chicago, IL

#1106172 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
Let's check in on the gun control nuts (over-the-top)
Piers Morgan ranted his way through his final good-byes on the last night of his cancelled show. He was finally honest and admitted he only wanted the government to have guns.
Leland Lee (D-CA) big proponent for anti-gun laws. Apparently legal guns interfered with his gun running with gangster Shrimp Boy. Both were arrested by the FBI. Lee was running his own Fast and Furious.
And he's a huge backer of the Republican Party. Finally a smart right winger

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1106173 Mar 29, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush imposed sanctions on Russia after Georgia. 3 months later when Obama was elected , Obama removed the sanctions. Then Hillary pressed the 'reset' button
Any more questions?
You got your timeline out of kilter . Bush 'imposed sanctions on Russia after Georgia ' and Russia opposed Bush's efforts to expand NATO security guarantees to Georgia and place missiles there that would be aimed at Russia. Luckily , Congress voted against including Georgia under the United States nuclear umbrella for Western Europe and Japan that would have most assuredly led to a nuclear stand-off between Russia and America. Do you want that? If Obama 'lifted the sanctions' then it was because the crisis was over and Russia and Georgia settled their differences diplomatically.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1106174 Mar 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I draw conclusions based on my experiences. I assumed most people want to work. I realize, now, that isn't necessarily the case. It's abhorrent to my nature when I see nearly half our population receiving government assistance and at the same time patting Obama on the back for the great job he's doing. It's almost as if you like what's happening to our country (sarc).
I have stated a number of times that a lot of our social programs are out of control, I blame both parties for this. It's way past time that we start with far better supervision of all social programs. Having said that I also see them as a necessity and basically a good thing as there will always be some in our society in need for numerous reasons. The key is supervision so we can weed off the moochers while lending a helping hand to the deserving. Just stopping every thing is the worst possible solution in my opinion. Far to many innocent children and needy old folks would suffer and I don't see that as a solution, or the American spirit.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1106175 Mar 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I draw conclusions based on my experiences. I assumed most people want to work. I realize, now, that isn't necessarily the case. It's abhorrent to my nature when I see nearly half our population receiving government assistance and at the same time patting Obama on the back for the great job he's doing. It's almost as if you like what's happening to our country (sarc).
Another ignoramus who's never bothered to consider the make up of those who are receiving some form of. cough, assistance from the government.

I hope you don't talk that nonsense out in public.

St. Croix valley

#1106176 Mar 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
you do realize that some of the people included in that 49% are people getting veteran benefits, don't you?

oh yeah...sore subject for you...lying scum!

and it also includes people getting SS. you need to do more than parrot headlines

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1106177 Mar 29, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't Obama win two terms? And he's a bigger hate monger than Ben Carson could ever hope to be. Obama makes David Duke look like a piker when it comes to racial hatred. He makes Jimmy Carter look like an economist when it comes to ruining our American monetary system and he and his butt boy Holder are starting to make Hugo Chavez look like Mother Teresa when it comes to our once envied justice system.
The corruption in this administration and on the left in general is mindboggling - from a president who deliberately lies to the country for his own political aspirations, to his sidekick and notorious Chicagoan slumlord, Valerie Jarrett, who calls all the shots, to his fellow corrupt Chicagoan politician, Eric Holder, who prostitutes justice in the name of personal bias and illegal surveillance, to Harry Reid who is under investigation for misusing taxpayer money and lies without any proof about the opposition for political power, to the IRS and Lois Lerner who takes the Fifth to protect those in power, to the four democratic lawmakers who were just arrested and under FBI investigation for stealing from taxpayers and the too numerous to count democrats who throw the race card down so many times it's lost its meaning.

But an African-American who was raised by a single mother who went on to become the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, who has a moral and ethical compass and who uses common sense to address the issues instead of blaming and intentionally creating divisiveness is considered a hate monger.

Too many liberals simply have their heads on backwards.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1106178 Mar 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit to jumping over about a hundred posts but has anyone mentioned the "EACH Act" passed by the House which would, basically, provide a religious exemptions to anyone who claims they have a religious objection to the ACA whether or not they attend any church? I can't believe the House is still wasting taxpayer time and money on such ludicrous attempts to destroy the ACA. It borders on pathological.
All a person seeking an exemption would have to do is "include a sworn statement in their tax return explaining their objection to health insurance." If they seek medical attention, they lose their exemption. How is that possibly enforceable?
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/votes/2...
Nice me leave it with a joke. What is the definition of a liberal? A conservative without health insurance who has just been in a car crash.

St. Croix valley

#1106179 Mar 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Another ignoramus who's never bothered to consider the make up of those who are receiving some form of. cough, assistance from the government.
he doesn't go out in public...they only get to wander supervised around the home's fenced in yard.

sometimes they take a field trip to the zoo!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1106180 Mar 29, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
"pdumb" is much like you, he offers opinions, not facts. He thinks the boy president, nobama, is a messiah, the one who can do no wrong.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Your reading comprehension is flawed to the max. He not only posts the proof but explains the process very well. So because there are those including I that support the president you think you have the authority to label them as worshiping the Messiah, or is that just your opinion? Or do you consider that a fact? No one has ever mentioned or said that he can do no wrong, you for all the world sound like a frustrated old biddy, with little to no ability to make any kind of coherent statement. You also obviously have no self respect or shame as your daily posts prove.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106181 Mar 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't a big part of the blame go to the administration for firing her before they knew what was involved. It seems the government judged her guilty before proven innocent. They were more concerned with appearances than guilt of one of their employees. She turned down her job when they offered back to her. Could this be why the government is dragging its feet with the discovery?
Follow the trail...if Breitbart had not falsified the video. Sherrod never would have been forced to resign from her position. She never would have been treated unfairly by her employer. All trails lead back to Brietbart and he (in this case, his widow) must pay for his actions.

No one can fault her for not wanting her job back after the way she was treated. Andrew Breitbart changed the atmosphere. Andrew Breitbart's is to blame. It's too bad Andrew Breitbart's widow isn't willing to make things right.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106182 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an idiot! The issue is the Feds stonewalling -FOCUS
The government has provided 3,000 pages of discovery. How is that stonewalling? The only stonewalling being done is by Breitbart and O'Connor. This has been dragging on for three years. Three years!!! Enough of our tax dollars have been wasted on this nonsense. The widow of the big fat cow needs to clear the cobwebs out of her pocketbook and pay up.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1106183 Mar 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if anything is being pushed, they just don't want to pay for something that goes against their conscience. There's nothing preventing an employee from seeking the very few contraception's in question. They are always free to leave.
I'll repeat slowly, Hobby Lobby's rapid expansion was funded in part by government(s) through the issue of tax breaks and incentives along with a plethora of grants.

The corporation accepted tax dollars from the states, counties and cities in which they built or opened new stores.

Hobby Lobby wants it both ways__fk Hobby Lobby!!!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1106184 Mar 29, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not be applying for executive privilege than if the admin did not have an interest.
Feds apparently already argued and lost that this info was irrelevant with the judge.
Focus and stop all the irrelevant dribble and name calling or bow out!
What don't you understand about the judge being a Republican appointed by George Bush? He has turned this into a Kangaroo court and the Federal Government is not going to be his pawn. As Glass said, they will produce more discovery when the parties are more specific in their requests. I suggest you "bow out" as you have no idea what is going on.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1106185 Mar 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Another ignoramus who's never bothered to consider the make up of those who are receiving some form of. cough, assistance from the government.
It's not the hardworking citizens who paid into the democratic idea of social engineering and who want back what was promised in return for the government taking their money all their working lives.

We're talking about the abuses in a broken system due to the breakdown of the family structure among minorities and an administration who refuses to address the real problem and encourages more abuse.

The staging of "My Brothers' Keeper" program has already been forgotten and you will never hear a black democrat or white democrat address the real problem with as much fervor as calling everyone a racist who disagrees with them or demonizing anyone and everyone who does address the real problem.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1106186 Mar 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the trail...if Breitbart had not falsified the video. Sherrod never would have been forced to resign from her position. She never would have been treated unfairly by her employer. All trails lead back to Brietbart and he (in this case, his widow) must pay for his actions.
No one can fault her for not wanting her job back after the way she was treated. Andrew Breitbart changed the atmosphere. Andrew Breitbart's is to blame. It's too bad Andrew Breitbart's widow isn't willing to make things right.
Andrew Breitbart phonied up many of his bizarre stories as do most other right wing sites__the nonsense is so easy to debunk that a sane person would question what the point is.

Then you read comments on topix and other such forums to learn that many of these mopes are nowhere near sane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min hojo 64,471
Durbin rebuked by Bishop Paprocki 10 min TAAM 1
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 2 hr Moe Greens optome... 6
Should AR15 be banned? 3 hr ThomasA 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Junket 11,970
Trump is A 16 hr Maverick 808 471
Letís play a game! 18 hr Gary 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages