Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419485 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105571 Mar 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
baseball bat.....
don't waste a golf club on a dog.....
So we can add dogs to your long list of hatred. Tell me old lowlife, what purpose does a person like you serve?

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1105572 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes,dear...i am sure you weren't aware of him.
there doesn't seem to be anything of worth you are aware of...
I'm sure the name "Nate Silver" was on the tip of your tongue throughout 2012.

Did you know four Democratic lawmakers have been arrested and the FBI have raided their homes? The culture of corruption in the Democratic Party won't be uttered by the liberal media, however. It was just their drumbeat with Republicans in 2006-2007.

You see, hear and speak nothing though. Correct?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1105573 Mar 28, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Still proclaiming your opinions are fact. LOL
The Ukraine and Afghanistan have very different histories in regards to how they have dealt with invaders. You might want to read a book instead of sitting on it so you can see over the wheel of your street sweeper.
You deal with keeping the streets clean, other than that, the only thing you deal in are your unsubstantiated opinions.
and yet all you can still do is talk about me and run from my points...

russia cannot occupy the Ukraine without too large of a cost. the Ukraine will not act any differently than the Afghans did.

run along, little man...run along, again...

(((((smack)))))

Orlando, FL

#1105575 Mar 28, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I pray for his arrest and subsequent charge of malfeasance.
That would work too. Don't wish him any physical harm. Just want him removed from power.

St. Croix valley

#1105576 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
mops post things like "run along little man".
punks like you run from me, as you always do...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1105577 Mar 28, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He owns the house beside me and rents it; he can't seem to keep tenants long though, he can be heard fighting with them, the recent woman called the police and took him to court for stalking her, she said just because I'm renting this house doesn't mean he can come into my yard everyday; it was getting ugly, she put a lock on the sprinklers, he cut it off. Then he put a lock on her gate so she couldn't get her car out! Then apparently he was putting trash in her trashcan, she told him to stop, the next morning he threw trash in her front yard
She moved out after 3 months.
A new neighbor moved in a few weeks ago, they seem quiet, I met the woman yesterday; she was walking her dog on a leash, I complimented her dog, that he was so quiet. She said she watches for when the nutcase isn't home and then walks her dog. I told her to be careful since that dog has bitten my daughters dog before.
The other neighbor across from him are his friends.
put the anti freeze out for him. What a piece of work.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105578 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray for his forced resignation - frequently and often.
People who pray for ill will towards others are evil; karma has a way of fixing that

St. Croix valley

#1105579 Mar 28, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Woodticks also known as dog ticks are dangerous to dogs. CAW! CAW! CAW!
Frontline your puppies!

in an ironic twist of fate, i actually react very badly to frontline. i have to be very careful playing with my dogs for three days after they get their treatment...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105580 Mar 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
On his worst day, Obama could never cause as much destruction to America as George W. Bush. NEVER.
Did you notice he said "2000 election"?
Dominic Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105582 Mar 28, 2014
Sorry, I got distracted... where was I?.. Oh, yeah, now do a search for Afghanistan's Got Talent... like it? YOu see what they're doing, they're putting their every effort, their hopes and dreams, to the task of making themselves a caricature of america. A pathetic caricature of a pathetic caricature... hahahahahahahahaha... Maybe we can introduce pole dancing at the next Olympics?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1105583 Mar 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Vick understood the only use for pit bulls and that they should be caged at all times....
I have a pit and she's the sweetest dog you'll ever meet. I got her to protect my property and her look alone has kept people out.
Dominic Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105584 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
Olive!
Come out and play!
Ah, don't bother, she's asleep in front of the TV in a puddle of vomit and partially digested Fruit Loops... I ain't cleaning it up either...

Orlando, FL

#1105585 Mar 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
On his worst day, Obama could never cause as much destruction to America as George W. Bush. NEVER.
Bush got America back on its feet after 9/11 within less than two years.

Bush had a Democrat-controlled Congress the last two years of his presidency. They didn't want to rein in Fannie and Freddie and thought we weren't spending enough.

We won the Iraq War in five years. Obama undid everything that was done and any progress that was being made in just a few months.

And he continues the war in Afghanistan - you know, the liberal media's invisible war. "Don't look at that war behind the curtain!"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105586 Mar 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't allow a vote on a bill to repeal, defund or obstruct the success of the Affordable Care Act.
The Republican House voted for 54 bills involving the ACA. All but six were to repeal or drastically defund provisions of the law. Five of those six were signed by Obama. I might add, that one of those bills passed by the Republican House was a vote to delay by one year the implementation of the law's employer mandate which Obama implemented by Executive Order and Republicans threw a hissy fit. The only thing that will appease a Rethug is repeal of the ACA. That isn't going to happen.
Harry Reid will not permit a vote on any bill to change ObamaKKKare......

this is just an excuse for vulnerable Senators......

and will end up backfiring.....
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1105587 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>punks like you run from me, as you always do...
I never saw a single person "run away" from you. You are really one defective unit.

St. Croix valley

#1105589 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the name "Nate Silver" was on the tip of your tongue throughout 2012.
Did you know four Democratic lawmakers have been arrested and the FBI have raided their homes? The culture of corruption in the Democratic Party won't be uttered by the liberal media, however. It was just their drumbeat with Republicans in 2006-2007.
You see, hear and speak nothing though. Correct?
this myth you parrot about the democrats being worse than the republicans has been debunked.

hell, even galt helped debunk it just a few pages ago!

yes, i did know who nate silver was long before then as he is a successful, intelligent person influencing our nation...

you should stick to your cover of people magazine, dear...more your speed, intellectually...
Dominic Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105590 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
That would work too. Don't wish him any physical harm. Just want him removed from power.
Um... no... nope... What you said was that you prayed (every day) that he be "forcibly removed from office." So you want him "forcibly" removed from office... just not hurt n the process, huh? Say, you really ARE a compssionate conservative...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1105592 Mar 28, 2014
Homer wrote:
Proof there is a god:
I prayed Obama would win the election and my prayers were answered both times.
I prayed for god to show us just how bad it could really get so we may repent. He answered my prayer too.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105594 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i would move.
you can't change how your neighbors act, but you can change neighbors...
Yes, we will move eventually since the market is picking up. Have to do some upgrades on the house first, so it will probably be another year or two.
I think he's up to something over there anyway; seeing random cars come down the street
(which is a dead end) he lives on the end. The turn around, stop in front of his house, he comes out and hands them something and they leave. Hmmmm.....
That may be my leverage on him. He acts paranoid, his wife left him and he doesn't go to work much anymore, hangs out in the garage and driveway. He has cameras and those dogs. He may be dealing.

St. Croix valley

#1105596 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
mops post things like "run along little man".
will take this as a total and utter admission of defeat in attempting to show even one example of you mopping anything with me...

run along, little man...mop up your tears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Into The Night 61,055
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Jacques in Orlean... 222,623
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 30 min TRD 70,955
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min SweLL GirL 9,391
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,942
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 3,043
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr PEllen 6,697

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages