Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1421213 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1105548 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't even aware of Nate Silver in the past election. And don't recall any Republicans throwing a Nate Silver under the bus for his predictions.
Shows how much you know. Or how much you don't want to know.
yes,dear...i am sure you weren't aware of him.

there doesn't seem to be anything of worth you are aware of...
Dominic Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105549 Mar 28, 2014
Lily, go buy yourself a nice easily carried bottle of pepper spray. The next time the dog so much as looks at you, you hose it like I do Olive's behind whenever she gets back from the mall on a hot day. That dog'll never come near you again. If the dog's owner gets belligerent, you hose him in the face too. He won't come near you again either. IF he STILL won't control his animal, you go to any Home Depot parking lot and yell out, "Hey, alguno de ustedes los hombres quieren ganar cincuenta dólares por cinco minutos de trabajo?" I'm tellin' ya it's how we do things in this country.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1105550 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you could only counter my facts!
so can russia occupy teh Ukraine without it turning into another Afghanistan for them? no, they cannot..
guess i am smarter than kraut! like i said, he is a talking head discussing theories and global chessgames. i deal with reality.
Still proclaiming your opinions are fact. LOL

The Ukraine and Afghanistan have very different histories in regards to how they have dealt with invaders. You might want to read a book instead of sitting on it so you can see over the wheel of your street sweeper.

You deal with keeping the streets clean, other than that, the only thing you deal in are your unsubstantiated opinions.
Dominic Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105551 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes,dear...i am sure you weren't aware of him.
there doesn't seem to be anything of worth you are aware of...
She's a retard, leave her be. Say, did you know a vagina was just the hairy end of a gut? Yeah, I just read it somewheres on the internet...

St. Croix valley

#1105552 Mar 28, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should mention that! I am babysitting my daughters dog for the weekend; when I walked him this morning; I carried a stick just in case that nutjob across the street let his dog out. However, that dog would probably break the stick in half; maybe I'll take a golf club next time out.
i would move.

you can't change how your neighbors act, but you can change neighbors...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1105553 Mar 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only "accomplishment" of ObamaKKKare has been to put more people on welfare (Medicaid).........
and destroy the American medical system......
Just exactly who do you think paid for their health care before the ACA? In 2008, the total amount of uncompensated care provided to the uninsured was estimated at $56 BILLION! Most of that burden fell on taxpayers, with the government providing tens of billions of dollars to help hospitals care for the uninsured not to mention the price the insured paid in ever increasing health care premiums. Any idiot should be able to realize that was destroying our medical system and was not sustainable.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1105556 Mar 28, 2014
Homer wrote:
Proof there is a god:
I prayed Obama would win the election and my prayers were answered both times.
and yet O'bama had to lie about what he said to the Pope. O'bama stutter stutter stutter-

Dear Mr Barack Hussein O'bama:
I can tell you're lying
Cause when you're replying
You stutter, stutter, stu-stutter, stutter.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1105557 Mar 28, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right?
Like Lois Lerner admitting her role in the IRS corruption scandal to the DOJ!
Nothing to see here folks. Move along. LMAO!
Sorry but comparing an actual verifiable incident to a Republican conspiracy theory has no validity.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105558 Mar 28, 2014
Dominic Magadino wrote:
Lily, go buy yourself a nice easily carried bottle of pepper spray. The next time the dog so much as looks at you, you hose it like I do Olive's behind whenever she gets back from the mall on a hot day. That dog'll never come near you again. If the dog's owner gets belligerent, you hose him in the face too. He won't come near you again either. IF he STILL won't control his animal, you go to any Home Depot parking lot and yell out, "Hey, alguno de ustedes los hombres quieren ganar cincuenta dólares por cinco minutos de trabajo?" I'm tellin' ya it's how we do things in this country.
LOL, yes I could get some pepper spray, good idea! I'd have to leave the house with it in my hand ready for battle!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105559 Mar 28, 2014
On healthcare...

"One-third of those without insurance are satisfied"

http://www.gallup.com/poll/167951/satisfied-h...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105560 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is throwing his feces looking for attention.
That's all the ammo that freak has.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1105561 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray for his forced resignation - frequently and often.
I pray for his arrest and subsequent charge of malfeasance.
Dominic Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105562 Mar 28, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Still proclaiming your opinions are fact. LOL
The Ukraine and Afghanistan have very different histories in regards to how they have dealt with invaders. You might want to read a book instead of sitting on it so you can see over the wheel of your street sweeper.
You deal with keeping the streets clean, other than that, the only thing you deal in are your unsubstantiated opinions.
Um... you guys make me a little crazy whenever I hear you ramblin' on about Afghanistan or the Ukraine like it's in your garage or something. Go to Youtube and do a search for, Ukraine's Got Talent. See what comes up, what THEY think is important... It really ain't worth all the trouble, believe me.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105563 Mar 28, 2014
NOthing to see here...

"The 23% who feel the law has hurt them is the highest percentage for the question since Gallup began asking Americans about it in 2012, and is up from 19% in previous polling"

http://www.gallup.com/poll/167756/number-amer...

St. Croix valley

#1105564 Mar 28, 2014
Dominic Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a retard, leave her be. Say, did you know a vagina was just the hairy end of a gut? Yeah, I just read it somewheres on the internet...
you read something wrong, then.

and were stupid enough to believe it...

previously, you said you heard this from some person.

try to keep your bullshit straight, sweetie....

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1105566 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>really? when was that?
i imagine i won't be seeing any examples of that anytime soon...
run along little man...
mops post things like "run along little man".
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105567 Mar 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but comparing an actual verifiable incident to a Republican conspiracy theory has no validity.
NPR reported this AM that the BRIDGE GATE/ investigation that CLEARED Gov Christie of all wrong doing cost $1m.....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1105568 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are the dogs truly dangerous to humans?
Woodticks also known as dog ticks are dangerous to dogs. CAW! CAW! CAW!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1105569 Mar 28, 2014
squeezers wrote:
Anybody but obama should have won the 2000 election. Unfortunately the american death wish kicked into action and you elected someone stupider than Carter and, despite the best efforts of President Obama, you will be paying for your stupidity for decades.
On his worst day, Obama could never cause as much destruction to America as George W. Bush. NEVER.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1105570 Mar 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, i know. only FOX is allowed to exaggerate.
fox fox fox fox fox fox...who cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Boy Named Harold. 6 min MalignantEmperor 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 222,863
Bank Settlement Cash. Who Gets it? 11 min FollowDaMoney 4
america's hunters............pretty amazing. 15 min Idiots R Fools 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Go Blue Forever 103,469
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 1,957
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 3,061

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages