Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406300 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1105432 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>presidents and their press secretaries have done that all the time..
thanks for pointing out that you do not keep up with current events in any way at all...(it's fun watching you make an ass of yourself!)
another Obama asslicker

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1105433 Mar 28, 2014
Once again, Obamacare is giving one-sixth of the nation's economy over to big government. The three big networks - ABC, CBS and NBC - devoted 31 minutes COMBINED to any news about this major overhaul and upheaval since January 1 - including the 38 delays, the big lie, the glitches and the mass confusion.

That breaks down to 10 minutes a month combined and about 3 minutes a month each.

And we're trying to reason with people who get their news from these three networks.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1105436 Mar 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox's Bolling Calls For GOP Civil War To End: "United We Stand, Divided We Get Another Clinton"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/03/27/foxs...
media matters, really?

hey, if you see lily today, can you direct her to this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searc...

its something she might be interested in
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1105437 Mar 28, 2014
orwellian....

A proposal by Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) to have the state's ethics panel fact-check campaign statements is raising concerns about possible First Amendment violations.

LePage's proposal would instruct the Maine Commission on Governmental Ethics and Election Practices to investigate complaints of false statements made in House, Senate and gubernatorial political campaigns. The proposal is LePage's "attempt to bring civility to the process," his office said.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Maine, however, expressed concern that the proposal would violate individuals' First Amendment rights.

"We agree that it is unfortunate that when politicians, business leaders and anyone else attempts to deliberately mislead the public, but it's a much greater threat to our democracy to have the government presume to decide for the public what is truth and what is falsehood,"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/27/paul...

republicans. who would need to add a rider that republicans never get fact checked. or let lying FOX talking heads run the show.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1105438 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
dangerous dogs are running loose in her neighborhood. If the owner won't take action, then everything should be done to protect human life.
It's the progressive liberal way of thinking. Wait until the damage is done instead of preventing it. And then wonder what happened when it's too late.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1105439 Mar 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
...and we have citizens training with Al Qaeda operatioves in the Middle East right now.
So what was your stupid point again?
we did before also...

what did Obama have to do with any of that..

as usual, you're not worth talking to...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1105440 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
another Obama asslicker
no, just one dealing with the facts and the real world..
you should try it once!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1105441 Mar 28, 2014
Neocons and Small-Government Conservatives, Consciously Uncouple

A country can remain constantly at war, or enjoy low taxes and civil liberties protections, but it can't do both.

If neoconservatives got their way, as they did during George W. Bush's first term, the United States would spend more on its military and wage war in more countries. Neoconservatives still believe the Iraq War was a good idea. They'd have preferred to keep our troops in Afghanistan longer. They urged greater American involvement in Egypt and Libya. They wanted President Obama to intervene in Syria.

As they urge actions that would require spending tens of billions of additional dollars in the Middle East and North Africa, they also insist that NATO grant security guarantees to countries like Georgia, as if the sanctity of its borders is worth risking nuclear war. And having urged a geopolitical strategy that stretches America thin across much of the rest of the world, they criticize the Obama Administration for not doing enough to "pivot toward Asia" in the Pacific.

Many small-government conservatives may be morally comfortable with interventionism. What they must realize is that neoconservatism's particular agenda would require dramatic tax increases, or significant borrowing, to carry out; that neoconservative strategists have shown an utter inability to produce competent analysis of how the interventions that they favor will unfold; and that the costs are often borne by the young Americans who are killed or maimed in lost wars.

What are the monetary costs of the neoconservative agenda? Rank-and-file Republicans often underestimate them. If neoconservative publications favor expensive wars but advocate against liberal domestic spending, is that a wash? Hardly. Once everything is factored in, the Iraq War alone may cost America $6 trillion.$6 trillion!

That's roughly $20,000 for every living American.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1105443 Mar 28, 2014
12 Times Republicans Claimed Nobody Would Sign Up For Obamacare

President Obama’s announcement on Thursday that six million people signed-up for coverage through the Affordable Care Act — meeting and exceeding the administration’s deadline days before the March 31st enrollment period — undermines critics who seized on the law’s troubled early rollout to predict that measure could never attract enough Americans to succeed. Below are some of the worst predictions after the administration published the first enrollment figures in November of 2013:....

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/03/27/34...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105444 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
would it be against the law to leave a bowl of anti-freeze in your front yard?
and before people get all antsy, if its come down to getting rid of the dog or lily getting mauled, I choose the anti freeze.
Thanks Eman,
that's funny; my niece suggested that idea as well. But, really, it's not the dogs fault; it's the owner. And, if the dog died mysteriously, he would know it was probably I who did it
There are only 5 houses on my street. Are dogs attracted to anti freeze?
If I have cameras that I can access remotely; I will see when the dog is running free and call the police.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1105446 Mar 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got it...Christie's lawyers say he's innocent. LMAO
The lawyer in question, Randy Mastro is a democrat who also represented Mayor De Blasio and has donated campaign funds to democrat mayoral candidate Bill Thompson.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/Chris-Christie-Brid...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1105448 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
media matters, really?
yes, Media Matters.

now every site on the net that wants to point out FOX absurdities will link to that video.

and yes, absurd. won't matter what the GOP does. they've already sunk the ship.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105449 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
media matters, really?
Thanks Eman,
that's a pretty good price; but looks like the cameras are not wireless; I'm trying to avoid drilling through walls. I'll take a look at it though, we have a store nearby. I've bought all my computers there.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1105451 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't KEEP up. Which is why you're so confused, befuddled and bewildered.
You didn't read or hear about the 6 million who lost their insurance because of Obamacare? Who were perfectly happy with the insurance they had but were told they had to be insured the way Obama wanted them to be insured? And who now have to pay more for insurance they neither need nor want?
Caused a big stir.
Patrick gets lost on his way to the mailbox daily.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105453 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the progressive liberal way of thinking. Wait until the damage is done instead of preventing it. And then wonder what happened when it's too late.
Is there anything that you don't attribute to politics?

Perhaps when this neighbor realizes I have cameras on him, he'll keep his dog on a leash.
I have a lot of patience. He is defiant and thinks he is above the law.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1105454 Mar 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox's Bolling Calls For GOP Civil War To End: "United We Stand, Divided We Get Another Clinton"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/03/27/foxs...
mediamatters?

ROFTLMAO!!!!

Old Sonic-the-Moron strikes again!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1105455 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean....then try to legislate canine behavior.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1105457 Mar 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise to me at all that you wouldn't understand the meaning of freedom.
Where exactly is FREEDOM breaking out in the United States--exactly where? is Freedom breaking out any where? NO.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1105458 Mar 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
12 Times Republicans Claimed Nobody Would Sign Up For Obamacare
President Obama’s announcement on Thursday that six million people signed-up for coverage through the Affordable Care Act — meeting and exceeding the administration’s deadline days before the March 31st enrollment period — undermines critics who seized on the law’s troubled early rollout to predict that measure could never attract enough Americans to succeed. Below are some of the worst predictions after the administration published the first enrollment figures in November of 2013:....
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/03/27/34...
Think-Propaganda.org !

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Patrick

Brentwood, TN

#1105459 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Once again, Obamacare is giving one-sixth of the nation's economy over to big government. The three big networks - ABC, CBS and NBC - devoted 31 minutes COMBINED to any news about this major overhaul and upheaval since January 1 - including the 38 delays, the big lie, the glitches and the mass confusion.
That breaks down to 10 minutes a month combined and about 3 minutes a month each.
And we're trying to reason with people who get their news from these three networks.
TV the Idiots lantern ... Carols university?

together with report from your friend shinny0racist,
you may be able to figure out why you LOST in 2008 and 2012.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 shot by police in South Shore 8 min bozo 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min WelbyMD 219,793
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min mdbuilder 60,673
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 36 min Ize Found 70,846
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr pundit 103,171
Al Sharpton 2 hr ky man 10
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 2,285

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages