Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394920 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1105297 Mar 27, 2014
Olive Mandingo wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be my father. He was a closet homosexual too.
Beautiful. It's not that sometimes they just don't get it; it's that they just don't get it at all.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1105298 Mar 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
"Democratic Sens. Mark Warner of Virginia, Mark Begich of Alaska, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia, as well as Sen. Angus King (I., Maine), plan to introduce as soon as Thursday a set of principles and legislation aimed at strengthening the health law, according to lawmakers and Senate Democratic aides.…
Among the proposals likely to be included is one backed by Messrs. Begich and Warner offering a new kind of insurance plan, a “copper” plan featuring lower premiums and higher out-of-pocket costs than the “bronze,”“silver” and “gold” options on the government-run health-care exchanges.
Lawmakers also would like to make health care more affordable for small businesses by expanding certain tax credits and making them available for longer. And Mr. Warner said on Fox News earlier this week that he favors enabling the sale of health insurance across state lines, an idea that has garnered interest among House Republicans as well."
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/03/27/sen-war...
my prediction is that you will start supporting catastrophic (copper) health insurance plans as soon as you're given the ok.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1105299 Mar 27, 2014
Olive Mandingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Being in prison, he sure is a closet homosexual.

You wrote "He was a closet homosexual too".

So what else was he? A weekend woman?

Lapeer, MI

#1105300 Mar 27, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful. It's not that sometimes they just don't get it; it's that they just don't get it at all.
"Beautiful"?

You find beauty in the varied sputum of your friends working under the table, too.

Lapeer, MI

#1105301 Mar 27, 2014
Olive Mandingo wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could be your father, pigs could fly.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105302 Mar 27, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
No I haven't gone there, perhaps I will. I was in Brandsmart yesterday, they had quite an assortment that it was overwhelming. It's on my list of stuff to do; but that's a good idea, they probably have knowledgeable sales people.
Still having a problem with the nutty neighbor and his pitbull running loose. I call the police and then the dogs are in his yard; the officer said he has to see the dog running loose. I said, do I have to wait till he bites me? I'm getting the cameras because of him. They keep warning him, but as soon as they leave; the dogs are out again. Some people are just awful.
poisoned meat........
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105303 Mar 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
"Democratic Sens. Mark Warner of Virginia, Mark Begich of Alaska, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia, as well as Sen. Angus King (I., Maine), plan to introduce as soon as Thursday a set of principles and legislation aimed at strengthening the health law, according to lawmakers and Senate Democratic aides.…
Among the proposals likely to be included is one backed by Messrs. Begich and Warner offering a new kind of insurance plan, a “copper” plan featuring lower premiums and higher out-of-pocket costs than the “bronze,”“silver” and “gold” options on the government-run health-care exchanges.
Lawmakers also would like to make health care more affordable for small businesses by expanding certain tax credits and making them available for longer. And Mr. Warner said on Fox News earlier this week that he favors enabling the sale of health insurance across state lines, an idea that has garnered interest among House Republicans as well."
sounds like the DemoKKKrats want to add one of those crummy catastrophic plans that you hate so much.......

desperate people do desperate things.....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1105304 Mar 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like the DemoKKKrats want to add one of those crummy catastrophic plans that you hate so much.......
I was thinking the same thing. My daughter was robbing the cookie jar with that copper plan. LOL
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105306 Mar 27, 2014
Any child who has had a closet homosexual for a father has suffered traumatic emotional, psychological damage. And perhaps physical incest as well.

What's so beautiful about that..?

Or don't you comprehend the effects because your thinking process cannot reason beyond the box ...

Perhaps, you don't get it at all ... But then I can't expect everyone to rationalize the way I do.

I always "read" the psychological nature of a situation. And of a person.

My vision is not myopic, it's quite peripheral as well.
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful. It's not that sometimes they just don't get it; it's that they just don't get it at all.
Olive Mandingo wrote:
<quoted text>
forks_make_us_fa t

Blanchard, OK

#1105307 Mar 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I find it not only entertaining but I find the Republican brain's complete denial of reality fascinating.
You really do think forks make people fat don't you?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1105308 Mar 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Democrat Indicted for Arms Trafficking to Islamist Rebels after Supporting Assault Weapons Ban
From your state of California, I just bet that you knew him well. After all you wanted to arm the Islamists in so-called Palestine.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1105309 Mar 27, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
my prediction is that you will start supporting catastrophic (copper) health insurance plans as soon as you're given the ok.
What difference at this point does it make? Period. I just wanted to say that-so now O'bama and the democrats are going to offer those rotten plans that the democrats said everyone had, that have been canceled. This is like that old movie, The Birds, they peck and peck until the democrats kill you, no matter what phone booth you are in, and then after that they run Jaws, and they kill you again. It is some sort of sci fi these libs.

Lapeer, MI

#1105310 Mar 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
poisoned meat........
Old Farmer's Tip: Shoot, Shovel & Shut Up.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1105311 Mar 27, 2014
The Statue of Liberty is a prostitute.

Holding an Illuminati Torch believing it signifies enlightenment.

A Beacon to "the huddle masses" ...

Nothing can be further from the truth.

Now, what were you saying about "denial of reality"?
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I find it not only entertaining but I find the Republican brain's complete denial of reality fascinating.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1105312 Mar 27, 2014
From January 1 until March 25, only 31 minutes was given to reporting about Obamacare on ABC, CBS and NBC combined.

This law is the biggest thing since the New Deal. And all three networks combined only gave it 31 minutes since January 1.

Guess it's better not to report any news than bad news.

Obama is bragging 6 million signed up. More than that lost their insurance.

Sorry to post and run. Fallon's on.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1105313 Mar 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The proposed Copper Plan would cover 50% of health care cost. Unlike a catastrophic plan which, beyond three annual visits, pays nothing unless there is a catastrophic event.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1105314 Mar 27, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
The Statue of Liberty is a prostitute.
Holding an Illuminati Torch believing it signifies enlightenment.
A Beacon to "the huddle masses" ...
Nothing can be further from the truth.
Now, what were you saying about "denial of reality"?
<quoted text>
No surprise to me at all that you wouldn't understand the meaning of freedom.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1105315 Mar 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
From January 1 until March 25, only 31 minutes was given to reporting about Obamacare on ABC, CBS and NBC combined.
This law is the biggest thing since the New Deal. And all three networks combined only gave it 31 minutes since January 1.
Guess it's better not to report any news than bad news.
Obama is bragging 6 million signed up. More than that lost their insurance.
Sorry to post and run. Fallon's on.
You are truly clueless. That's about all I can say. Reality just isn't your thing.

Lapeer, MI

#1105316 Mar 27, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
No I haven't gone there, perhaps I will. I was in Brandsmart yesterday, they had quite an assortment that it was overwhelming. It's on my list of stuff to do; but that's a good idea, they probably have knowledgeable sales people.
Still having a problem with the nutty neighbor and his pitbull running loose. I call the police and then the dogs are in his yard; the officer said he has to see the dog running loose. I said, do I have to wait till he bites me? I'm getting the cameras because of him. They keep warning him, but as soon as they leave; the dogs are out again. Some people are just awful.
These stories are gut-wrenching.

Historical fatal dog attacks :http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-b ite-statistics-fatalities-hist orical.php

Fatal dog attacks in the United States: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_k...

Houston woman nearly killed by large pack of dogs: http://tinyurl.com/lxuulhp

BOY'S DEATH SPARKS DEBATE ON BUCHAREST STRAY DOGS: http://tinyurl.com/pg43qjv

Horror as four people - including a one-year-old boy - are mauled to death by pack of wild dogs in Mexico City park: http://tinyurl.com/ag7dgwl

Trying to reason with dog owners either privately or in a public forum is an exercise in futility.

Antifreeze works great. Sweet & Silent. Some people like to inject a little Mercury, too. It makes the dog go crazy inside the owner's home later on tearing up the place..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105317 Mar 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The proposed Copper Plan would cover 50% of health care cost. Unlike a catastrophic plan which, beyond three annual visits, pays nothing unless there is a catastrophic event.
don't worry....this is just more bullshit that will never see the light of day....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 min SweLL GirL 8,864
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 56 min Fa-Foxy 33
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 1 hr A Noted Observer 49
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 102,457
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 216,653
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,718
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Fit2Serve 60,042
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages