Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1522411 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#1105679 Mar 28, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>If the street slang terminology for 'penis' was suddenly banned you'd be unable to carry on a conversation...
If co cks were banned you'd starve.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1105680 Mar 28, 2014
Just to reiterate before I go.

WASHINGTON (AP) Public support for President Barack Obama's health care law is languishing at its lowest level since passage of the landmark legislation four years ago.

http://news.msn.com/us/poll-obama-health-law-...

When the two people who designed the darn thing - Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi - don't have both oars in the water, what did we expect? That we would actually go anywhere besides in circles?

But I love silver linings. Makes the dark clouds seem tolerable until the sun finally comes out.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105681 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
AP-GFK poll
March 20-24, 2014
Opinion of Health Care Law
FAVOR 26%
OPPOSE 43%
NEITHER 30%
That means 30% of those polled represent the totally clueless who could care less and probably haven't bothered to sign up.
But let's not argue over who is in the majority and who is in the minority over this issue any longer.
Tell me Carol, why are all you Republicans so obsessed over Obamacare?/?Please don't try to convince me you are concerned about fellow Americans..That would be a first for your party.Pretty much the same things you idiots were saying about Social Security back then. I'll bet 90% of people on here collect that, including you.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1105682 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That a girl, flo. Tell emaam what a dk he is. Lol
Does that mean I get to play the ace of spades card to trump the cruel and inhumane nothing but a useless joker she ho card now?
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

#1105683 Mar 28, 2014
Hi! I was reading on the internet about magnetic motors and
generators...They have no power supply and do not use electric energy
or gas or oil to run! That is what is going to power flying saucers and
magnetic (??) cars! They (the space aliens) are going to teach us how
to grow free food in our homes and these magnetic motors and generators can heat our houses and provide free electricity! Good-bye
Exxon, General Motors and PP&L and all other companies who do not
use the new technology. You can build the magnetic motors and
generators in your garage! I would suggest that Exxon and General
Motors stock owners ask their companies to build flying saucers and
electric cars to take advantage of the new technology! You have the
money! The flying saucers MUST be built! Let The U.S.A. be first!
To find an explanation of the new magnetic motor generators (how they
are built), put the words magnetic motors or magnetic generators in
the top browser line and click on enter...enjoy!!!
Love, el cid 777
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105684 Mar 28, 2014
Can't wait to see what Progressives do for the uninsured....

"In 1975...Edgar Browning, a professor of economics at the Univ Of Virginia...noted that while government spending on social programs had almost tripled from $77 billion in 1965 to $215 billion in 1975, the number of Americans officially defined as poor had dropped by less than a third..."

Anderson, M.(1978).'Welfare: The Political Economy of Welfare Reform in the United States'. Hoover Institute Press : California.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1105686 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That a girl, flo. Tell emaam what a dk he is. Lol
Eman-
You're a cold hearted dic, who has obviously never seen the affect of that type CRUEL and INHUMANE, low level dirty deeds of the realms of Dirtbags.
SHAME ON YOU.
MORON.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105687 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't discuss highly complex issues...

so you stick with the potty mouth...

You are infatuated with the male sex organ...

to each his own...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105688 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a retired janitor. You know how smart they are.
There is no way he could afford to live in Southern Calif. You know that sleeze bucket is on some kind of government dole
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1105689 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
she got out once. Freaked out some folks and the police were called even though she was just sitting on the front porch (according to the officer).
and karmas a bitch, for those kinds of people.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1105690 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
mops reply twice to the same post.
It's mopes dumbazz__you missed it twice now.

And as long as I'm correcting your spelling it's clothes__not cloths.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1105691 Mar 28, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we will move eventually since the market is picking up. Have to do some upgrades on the house first, so it will probably be another year or two.
I think he's up to something over there anyway; seeing random cars come down the street
(which is a dead end) he lives on the end. The turn around, stop in front of his house, he comes out and hands them something and they leave. Hmmmm.....
That may be my leverage on him. He acts paranoid, his wife left him and he doesn't go to work much anymore, hangs out in the garage and driveway. He has cameras and those dogs. He may be dealing.
You should be taking video of all the car traffic activity, noting the times and dates, and turn it over to the police.

With Florida forfeiture laws you may be done with the whole lot of them if convicted of drug dealing.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1105692 Mar 28, 2014
HARRY is a LIAR, or a Senile Fool.
Or both, a liar and a senile fool.
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Can't wait to see what Progressives do for the uninsured....
"In 1975...Edgar Browning, a professor of economics at the Univ Of Virginia...noted that while government spending on social programs had almost tripled from $77 billion in 1965 to $215 billion in 1975, the number of Americans officially defined as poor had dropped by less than a third..."
Anderson, M.(1978).'Welfare: The Political Economy of Welfare Reform in the United States'. Hoover Institute Press : California.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105693 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, so would Fetch, Waxman, Shinning and a few others.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105694 Mar 28, 2014
and we want the freebies so bad that....we don't always tell the truth...

Using the CENSUS to count the >poor<

{...In 1970 Edward Banfield, professor of Government at Harvard University wrote, "The poor (and non poor as well) generally under report their income...}

Location hidden

#1105695 Mar 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
No one thinks Obama is God carol, that is your programmed response. If somehow you could break the dependence on Fox and others that you emulate and just once think for yourself, you just might find that you are capable of self thought. God also if a figment of your programmed life. Do you really think this is the best world that idiot could put together? All religions are geographic in nature. Plain and simple. If you needed more proof, why would a loving God make idiots like baggers? The only logical answer is maybe as a bad example.
The Newsweek editor said "Obama is sorta like God."

Time Magazine portrayed him on their cover with a halo over his head.

Jamie Foxx said Obama was "our Lord and Savior."

Barbara Walters said, "'We' thought he would be the next 'Messiah'."

Louis Farrakhan said of Obama,'The Messiah is absolutely speaking."

Chris Matthews got a tingle up his leg when Obama spoke.

It was quite the liberal frenzy in 2008 elevating Barack Obama to a deity.

Not sure where you were.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1105696 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it as praying for good will towards this country. Obama is bad for this country. Look around. We're pretty screwed up. He thinks it's all about him and his job is to reward his "friends" and punish his "enemies". Why wouldn't I want him removed from power? I'm one of his "enemies".
Did any Republican president ever make you feel like you were the enemy?
You live in your own little deluded world filled with fantasy

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1105697 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
One procedure to go. As soon as you have the addadicktomy, you can play with your own pecker.

Location hidden

#1105698 Mar 28, 2014
Food prices are going up. Just FYI.

Later.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105699 Mar 28, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be taking video of all the car traffic activity, noting the times and dates, and turn it over to the police.
With Florida forfeiture laws you may be done with the whole lot of them if convicted of drug dealing.
Heck with Florida laws you can shoot and kill everyone on the block and say you felt threatened. Well if they are mostly black that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 240,347
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 10,585
Hello Chicago 9 hr JDogs The Name 1
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 10 hr Bryce 31
Scary Obituary 11 hr Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Rose of Tralee 105,132
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 16 hr Truth 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages