Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,014,901 - 1,014,920 of 1,098,677 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and ignore the NATO Treaty???...
if Russia invades Canada, will you still wait for the UN to do nothing???...
Canada is different. She is at least located on the same continent as America. You seem to be asking ignornat questions just to see yourself in print.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because everyone who is financially able, must pitch in to make health care a success. That's just the way it is.
Why? What right does someone have to someone else's earnings?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ahhh..it's always so fun to lay all the blame on the politicians, but both of you forgot that it takes two parties to sign a mortgage.
people who bought homes at obviously hyper-inflated prices at or beyond the limits of their borrowing ability are also to blame. they get half the blame for trashing our economy...
Yes. You are definitely right. I should have included them in that little scenario. However, if Bush hadn't thrown out the "no money down" fish line, they would not have been so eager to bite. It was like a cannibalistic witch offering candy to Hansel & Gretel.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Canada is different. She is at least located on the same continent as America. You seem to be asking ignornat questions just to see yourself in print.
one NATO ally has the same rights and expectations as any other NATO ally....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
what about defending the UK...or France....or the Netherlands???...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So, why didn't the Native Americans?
They did -until "progress, greed and government"

As the populations of the United States pushed West in the early 1800&#8242;s, a lucrative trade for the fur, skin, and meat of the American Bison began in the great plains. Bison slaughter was further encouraged by the US government as a means of starving out or removing Native American populations that relied on the bison for food.

Read more at http://all-that-is-interesting.com/post/56312...

“The Indian was frugal in the midst of plenty,” says Luther Standing Bear, a member of the Lakota tribe.“When the buffalo roamed the plains in multitudes, he slaughtered only what he could eat and these he used to the hair and bones.” Indeed, for thousands of years the huge bison herds were able to accommodate the loss of the relatively few animals taken by Native Americans. In the 1500s, however, things began to change. First, Spanish explorers introduced horses to the region. By the 1800s, Native Americans had learned to use the speedy steeds to chase bison, dramatically expanding their hunting range and effectiveness. Next, guns made their way into the hands of buffalo hunters, making them increasingly deadly hunters. But it was that arrival of vast waves of white settlers in the 1800s — and their conflict with the Native American residents of the prairies — that spelled the end for the buffalo. Among the earliest waves of settlers were trappers and traders, people who made their living selling meat and hides. By the 1870s, they were shipping hundreds of thousands of buffalo hides eastward each year: more than 1.5 million were packed aboard trains and wagons in the winter of 1872-73 alone.
< http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/ameri... ;

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yikes! bad choice... Russia has a veto on the security council they would just block any action at all...
i like the UN and all, but those are the folks that watched hundreds of thousands get murdered in Rwanda cuz they couldn't be bothered to agree on the definition of genocide...
NATO can act without the consent of the UN, in fact, we are obliged by our own word to defend other NATO members...
Good point. On Saturday Russia did, indeed, veto a United Nations Security Council resolution (presented by the United States) that declared a planned Sunday referendum on secession in Crimea illegal, casting the sole vote against it. However there are arguments that Russia's action was “as an accomplice to unlawful military incursion” and against the U.N. Charter.

I would hate to see NATO get involved but, certainly, if there is a military action they should lead. I don't believe it will go that far. Russia wanted Crimea and Crimea wanted to be part of Russia. What we are seeing now is just a show of strength and disapproval to reel him in...not that he was going anywhere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the US is obligated to defend all NATO allies....as are all NATO countries.....
Yes. And? Do you see that as some reason for us to take command? I don't.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. On Saturday Russia did, indeed, veto a United Nations Security Council resolution (presented by the United States) that declared a planned Sunday referendum on secession in Crimea illegal, casting the sole vote against it. However there are arguments that Russia's action was “as an accomplice to unlawful military incursion” and against the U.N. Charter.
I would hate to see NATO get involved but, certainly, if there is a military action they should lead. I don't believe it will go that far. Russia wanted Crimea and Crimea wanted to be part of Russia. What we are seeing now is just a show of strength and disapproval to reel him in...not that he was going anywhere.
Actually, Putin brought stability, at least for the time bing, to yet ANOTHER area in a list of quite a few over the past few years, plagued by the chaos of anarchy and FAILING statehoods.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
From?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? What right does someone have to someone else's earnings?
If it wasn't for people like your daughter, the rest of us wouldn't be paying such high premiums. She has her hand in the cookie jar but doesn't want to pay for the cookie.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin has done the EU a favor, buffer zoning isn't easy, and requires some actual leadership.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
does that mean that the Russian veto doesn't count and the resolution passes????....

and, if the resolution did pass, so what???....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
From?
doesn't matter.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
one NATO ally has the same rights and expectations as any other NATO ally....
What are you talking about? I never said they didn't. What I said was the Untied States does not need to take the lead. We can act as part of NATO without providing troops on the ground.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
does that mean that the Russian veto doesn't count and the resolution passes????....
and, if the resolution did pass, so what???....
Russia has said they will abide by the resolution...whatever it is. Time will tell.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't for people like your daughter, the rest of us wouldn't be paying such high premiums. She has her hand in the cookie jar but doesn't want to pay for the cookie.
If it wasn't for acts of Constitutional breaches of big brother givverment, you wouldn't have anything to talk about.

(No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.)(Section in parentheses clarified by the 16th Amendment.)

No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.

No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
doesn't matter.....
It does when there's nothing worse than defending the wrong idealogues.

(Not that defending any of the EU countries you mentioned would be wrong)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

Tinka wrote:
Ponderland are they hidden under what piles of leaves and the street sweeper...Don't place them in into the city....
Tinka, you are warm and entertaining.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search