Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509131 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105614 Mar 28, 2014
Nothing to see here...

"The U.S. Department of Agriculture confirmed that China has canceled orders for 517,000 metric tons of soybeans, used to make cooking oil, and compares to imports of 63.4 million tons last year. South American soybean contracts have also been canceled because of weak demand, says trade journal Oil World."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-27/chin...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1105616 Mar 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>What about Dick Durbin (Democrat-Walgreens-Illinois): he said it was shame that a senator instead of the President had to lead against Russia-exactly what is he saying? Durbin the Turbin is the leader now?
neocons aren't limited to a specific party affiliation.

from the look of it, they'll all be voting for Hillary.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105617 Mar 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>this myth you parrot about the democrats being worse than the republicans has been debunked.
hell, even galt helped debunk it just a few pages ago!
yes, i did know who nate silver was long before then as he is a successful, intelligent person influencing our nation...
you should stick to your cover of people magazine, dear...more your speed, intellectually...
Silver appears to analyze elections objectively, regardless of his personal feelings about policy......

Silver was amazingly correct in 2012, but any analyst is only as good as his last prediction....

time will tell....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1105619 Mar 28, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
fox fox fox fox fox fox...who cares?
point taken.

LOL
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105621 Mar 28, 2014
Medical science is 2000 years old...

climate science is under a 200...

and then we have this...

"...when a meta-analysis published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine found that there’s just no evidence to support the notion that saturated fat increases the risk of heart disease.(In fact, there’s some evidence that a lack of saturated fat may be damaging.)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/26/opinion/bit...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1105622 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought he was weak?
Yes, he is. And the rest of the world sees it too. Only you and the liberal media think he wears a cape with a big "S" on his chest. He just looks funny in tights.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1105624 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Only proves you have to be careful what you wish for - or pray for.
God doesn't make mistakes. Blasphemer!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105626 Mar 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprised. I can only imagine what the Sherrod v. Breitbart civil trial is costing taxpayers with all their demands for government documents. It's becoming a circus. I can only hope that Breitbart will have to reimburse the taxpayers for all those expenses.
Breitbart is dead....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1105628 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it as praying for good will towards this country. Obama is bad for this country. Look around. We're pretty screwed up. He thinks it's all about him and his job is to reward his "friends" and punish his "enemies". Why wouldn't I want him removed from power? I'm one of his "enemies".
Did any Republican president ever make you feel like you were the enemy?
Carol you prove daily that yours is a fanatical obsession based on your programmed hatred. Daily PDupont points out your lies and false posting and instead of learning you search for any and everything to reprogram yourself and you believe only that which you choose to believe. George Bush and Dick Cheney were the two sorriest pieces of shit to ever hit the fan, all of what we are suffering through now could have been avoided if they hadn't stolen the election in Florida. The world would be a much better place and a hell of a lot more good people would be alive today.Your current Congress has violated every single election promise along with their obligation to the people that they serve. They also have the lowest approval of any Congress ever..But you aren't concerned about that.. Wonder why...IDEOLOGUE.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1105629 Mar 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
On his worst day, Obama could never cause as much destruction to America as George W. Bush. NEVER.
Obama is just a continuation of this methodical destruction of my nation and he needs to be arrested and or removed by any means possible, imo.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1105630 Mar 28, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Any naked pictures of President Obamas grandfather?
when did pictures start wearing cloths?

buda bum!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1105631 Mar 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Any naked pictures of President Obamas grandfather?
yes, Leo. I know.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1105632 Mar 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Ringing a bell now, dumb carol?
It just proves that the "New York Times guru" was right in 2012 and more than likely right about the upcoming elections. But he's been thrown under the bus by his fellow liberals. He was never a conservative.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1105633 Mar 28, 2014
<quoted text>
LOL, yes I could get some pepper spray, good idea! I'd have to leave the house with it in my hand ready for battle!!
Get one that clips on your waist band.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105634 Mar 28, 2014
Green energy screws poor people....

'Despite years of favorable public policy, including renewable power mandates and billions in subsidies, solar power still produces only about 0.2 percent of the nation’s electricity. The National Conference of State Legislatures says power from most large, utility-scaled solar installations still costs about 35 percent more than electricity from natural gas plants; many other experts estimate the levelized cost is even higher.”

http://blog.heartland.org/2014/03/solar-and-w...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1105635 Mar 28, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Again your street sweeper opinion. How about you supply some facts to support your opinion.
(crickets....)
the history of such occupations.

like i clearly stated before, real world facts...

funny how the more you try to shoot me down , the smaller you get!

anything you ever think about besides me? that is all you ever post about...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1105636 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't have Kenya corrected as his birthplace in his own biography in college until he ran for the U.S. Senate. If your biography misprinted your birthplace as being from another country, wouldn't you have seen to it that it was corrected immediately?
Maybe he just liked people thinking he was born in Kenya. But that's still misleading.
If Laura Bush had announced George W. returned from visiting his homeland in another country, wouldn't your eyebrows go up just a little - or even twitch? Mine would. I'd say to myself, I thought America was George W.'s - or any president's - homeland.
imo, he will say whatever suits him at the time.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1105638 Mar 28, 2014
Go out to the Pepper Spray Store or PetSmart.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105640 Mar 28, 2014
...we all need to smoke pot!!!!!

"Commanders fired in nuke missile cheating scandal"

http://news.yahoo.com/commanders-fired-nuke-m...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1105641 Mar 28, 2014
well, i'm outta here for while...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 239,551
Obama has LEAK under sink. 1 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 1 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 1 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 1 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages