Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1522207 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1105384 Mar 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the first 10 years of ObamaKKKare include 10 years of taxes and 6 years of benefits.....
typical DemoKKKrat economics.....
You like putting your head up your arse. There's nothing more certain than death and taxes. You've been paying taxes a lot longer than ten years unless you're only eight years old(Your logic suggests that you are a juvenile) The ACA reform bill will allow us all to live longer , healthier lives and I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to 'live long and prosper'. And if it costs a little more , it is still a worthy social good to pay more for , like protecting Nature's bounty of ecosystem services that it provides us for free.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1105385 Mar 28, 2014
NPR Radio reports that the investigation of NJ Gov Christie that CLEARED HIM OF ANY WRONG DOING

COST A MILLION BUCKS...

How many insurance policies could that have furnished?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1105386 Mar 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you have it backwards. The state is now encroaching on religious matters. Most religions just want to be left alone.
Really Carol? How is the government encroaching on religion? By not permitting religious biases to discriminate in the public sector? It's the religious zealots that are trying to impose their own narrow beliefs in this country nitwit.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1105387 Mar 28, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
You can always count on the LSM to cover up for Democrats...
POLITICO BURIES SENATOR LELAND YEE'S ARMS TRAFFICKING SCANDAL
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/...
I've heard that practically 95% of American Media is Far-Left. Is it true?

Or is this just another dark rumor started by Fox and affiliates?

I'm going to write to the President and ask him about it;-)

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1105388 Mar 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The fact that Obama was willing to drop the hammer on Assad forced Putin's hand into taking an active part in removing the Syrian government's WMD.
What appeasement in the Ukraine nitwit? Do you honestly think that instead of using sanctions we should get into a military showdown with another nuclear power? What could possibly go wrong?
Just what did your hero George W Bush do when Putin invaded the Republic of Georgia?
You're an idiot Carol!
Bush imposed sanctions on Russia after Georgia. 3 months later when Obama was elected , Obama removed the sanctions. Then Hillary pressed the 'reset' button

Any more questions?
Patrick

Brentwood, TN

#1105389 Mar 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Democratic Women looike those steroiuffed weightliftioads for theld Sovion during thmpics.
Whenhey'd goar to picp a feen, they diiterally - anok theme.
See Carol, this racist is one of yours!

Lapeer, MI

#1105390 Mar 28, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt it, but we all know you are a weirdo moron Ghost/Yea/sock.
Olive is a mouth on two legs.

Ghost is an azzhole on two legs.

Put these two together and you end up with a barking azzhole on four legs.

Does Animal Control know about this?

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1105391 Mar 28, 2014
flack wrote:
Obama:Well That's Embarrass, No One Clapped 3/25/2014
http//www.livestation.com/reut er?source=redirect
Search online for this & find all the whacked out right whiner website having a fit about this.

They, like Flack, don't know it was a press conference & not a speech.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1105392 Mar 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you can fly commercially without a photo ID.
I haven't been carded in years.
The last time I was carded I said "Thank you!".
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1105393 Mar 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The fact that Obama was willing to drop the hammer on Assad forced Putin's hand into taking an active part in removing the Syrian government's WMD.
What appeasement in the Ukraine nitwit? Do you honestly think that instead of using sanctions we should get into a military showdown with another nuclear power? What could possibly go wrong?
Just what did your hero George W Bush do when Putin invaded the Republic of Georgia?
You're an idiot Carol!
Did you know a study by the American Physiological Association found that people who start a conversation by calling other people stupid have a low IQ, high level of frustration and low self-esteem?

Would you like me to provide a link so you can read the study results?

Lapeer, MI

#1105394 Mar 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot Carol!
"drop the hammer"??!!! The Boy dropped his pants instead.

Besides, I thought it was a red line drawn in the sand and not a damned hammer.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1105395 Mar 28, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You like putting your head up your arse. There's nothing more certain than death and taxes. You've been paying taxes a lot longer than ten years unless you're only eight years old(Your logic suggests that you are a juvenile) The ACA reform bill will allow us all to live longer , healthier lives and I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to 'live long and prosper'. And if it costs a little more , it is still a worthy social good to pay more for , like protecting Nature's bounty of ecosystem services that it provides us for free.
Obama also said he would stop the rise of the oceans as well as Obamacare was a Mandate not a tax and you could keep your policy and Doctor.

And you believed the Liar of the Year.

Lapeer, MI

#1105396 Mar 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
See Carol, this racist is one of yours!
Looks like Robert Parker got into your pants again last night, boy.

Just can't think straight after getting the ol' Cinnamon Roll, eh?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1105397 Mar 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Search online for this & find all the whacked out right whiner website having a fit about this.
They, like Flack, don't know it was a press conference & not a speech.
I watched the video . He was waiting on applause. Why don't you drive over there to D.C. and just kiss his ass? You know you want to.

Lapeer, MI

#1105398 Mar 28, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama also said he would stop the rise of the oceans as well as Obamacare was a Mandate not a tax and you could keep your policy and Doctor.
And you believed the Liar of the Year.
The Magic Negro can also "Walk On Water".

That's a technical term describing the Boy Messiah when Putin makes him wet himself so bad that his shoes fill up.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1105399 Mar 28, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush imposed sanctions on Russia after Georgia. 3 months later when Obama was elected , Obama removed the sanctions. Then Hillary pressed the 'reset' button
Any more questions?
Really dimwit? What were those sanctions and where's your evidence that Obama lift them?
Come back when you have something credible.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1105400 Mar 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really dimwit? What were those sanctions and where's your evidence that Obama lift them?
Come back when you have something credible.
The ‘Russia reset’ was already dead; now it’s time for isolation
BY JAMES GOLDGEIER
March 2 at 12:30 pm
The premise was simple. U.S.-Russia relations after the 2008 Russia-Georgia war were at their lowest point since the end of the Cold War. Barack Obama came into the presidency believing that he could reset the U.S.-Russia relationship by identifying common interests on which to build cooperation with the Kremlin. He discontinued the George W. Bush administration’s aggressive pursuit of NATO membership for Ukraine and Georgia and altered the Bush missile defense plan. Meanwhile, he would encourage the Russians to accede to tougher sanctions on Iran and accommodate a supply route for American personnel and materiel into Afghanistan. Russia sought another arms control treaty, which fit Obama’s non-proliferation agenda nicely.
Both sides could claim great success during Obama’s first few years in office. The Russians no longer had to worry about American declarations of support for NATO membership for Ukraine and Georgia; and while they grew to understand that Obama’s missile defense plan was quite robust, initially the removal of radar systems from the Czech Republic appeared a major concession to Moscow. Washington received additional sanctions on Iran as well as a new supply route that reduced U.S. dependence on Pakistan (which proved critical when it came time to authorize the covert mission against Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad that otherwise would have threatened America’s only path to resupply its troops). And both sides could claim victory with the signing of the New Start Treaty.
But by the end of 2013, the issues that animated the reset had withered. NATO had lost its zeal for further enlargement, and missile defense had merely become an irritant in the relationship. Obama suggested a follow-on arms control treaty, but the Russians had lost interest, and the U.S. Senate would be unlikely to ratify it. Moreover, with the end of the mission in Afghanistan, the supply route became inconsequential. Iran was at the negotiating table.
Obama canceled his summit with Putin last fall not simply because of the Edward Snowden affair but because there was nothing to accomplish at the meeting. Recently, U.S. officials suggested the pursuit of a common economic agenda might help build cooperation between the two countries – further illustrating what little shared interest remains.
As Putin contemplated entering Crimea, losing anything of value in the U.S.-Russia relationship was clearly not a central concern. It has been evident for some time that his relationship with Obama means little to him. Putin has continued his strong crackdown on civil society at home without regard for external criticism. Moreover, he recognizes that his interests in Ukraine are far greater than those of the Americans, thereby affording him great freedom of maneuver. The reset has been over for some time, and there is nothing to save.
The relationship was at its lowest point since the collapse of the Soviet Union when Barack Obama won the presidency; it is now far worse. But given the nature of the Putin regime, that is to be expected. Moreover, the idea that the United States still needs Russia’s support on Syria and Iran runs counter to the facts. Putin has successfully pursued his pro-Assad policy throughout the Syrian civil war, and it is Iran’s bilateral relationship with the United States that will be critical to a future nuclear deal.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1105401 Mar 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I watched the video . He was waiting on applause. Why don't you drive over there to D.C. and just kiss his ass? You know you want to.
He was waiting to make sure it was over.

Why don't you quit your constant whining every freakin day.

You can't even admit that there is not typically applause after a press conference.

Pathetic.

You mistakenly believe my correcting your lies is somehow just covering for Obama. It is correcting your lies. If you don't want to read my posts, try making HONEST TRUTHFUL posts.

Lapeer, MI

#1105402 Mar 28, 2014
America had a 70 year-long relationship with the Saudi's.

....and then came along the Community Organizer from Daycare.

NYT - Obama Seeks to Calm Saudis as Paths Split: http://tinyurl.com/kk24a4x

Putin: "snicker, snicker, snicker. Crimea River, azzhole"

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1105403 Mar 28, 2014
Obama warned Putin of political and economic isolation in their phone call on Saturday, and he should back it up with efforts within the United Nations, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and through sanctions against Russia’s elite. Since the Russian president’s internal and foreign policies undermine U.S. efforts to promote an international order built on democracy and rule of law, Obama must change course dramatically with respect to his administration’s foreign policy strategy with Russia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 240,339
Hello Chicago 2 hr JDogs The Name 1
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 3 hr Bryce 31
Scary Obituary 4 hr Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Rose of Tralee 105,132
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 9 hr Truth 8
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 9 hr SENIORS READ-THIS 6

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages