Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264020 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1104227 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Do you already have a service or starting from scratch? Plenty of good wireless home security camera kits at Home Depot or Lowes.
No don't have cameras; was looking at them online, but there are so many to choose from;
what brand would you recommend?

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1104228 Mar 26, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to be fair he bought that one... which says a lot about Boston's political machine, frankly... good christ! The Pentecostals were right, you can't trust the catlicks either!
Aren't they all bought? The one with the most money wins.[sarcasm]
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1104229 Mar 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's a stupid topic__what's a luxury car? Is it less costly than a luxury SUV or luxury truck?
That's old timer talk, the sort of jealousy bs that went on in the 50's.
2015 F-250 King Ranch base MSRP $50, 800.
He had to sell the 1998 Honda Accord when he moved to Shady Pines in Temecula!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1104231 Mar 26, 2014
wow wrote:
It costs $230,000 American tax dollars per hour for divider in chief and his onterage to go jet setting around the world,did ya know that?
Have any more new words for us?

It's "entourage" ya moran. And, furthermore, he is the President of the United States, it's his job, it's not jetsetting.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1104232 Mar 26, 2014
Grampy wrote:
Funny how Michelle Obama can talk in China about outdated and repealed laws that discriminated against Blacks and not mention all the affirmative action measures, educational opportunities, and trillions spent on entitlements for Blacks to remedy the injustices of those discriminating laws.
That is so unfair, racist and misleading.

Michelle said:

"And my story isnít unusual in America. Some of our most famous athletes, like LeBron James, and artists, like the singer Janelle Monae, came from struggling families like mine, as do many business leaders -- like Howard Schultz. Heís the head of a company called Starbucks, which many of you may have heard of. When Mr. Schultz was a boy his father lost his job, leaving their family destitute. But Mr. Schultz worked hard. He got a scholarship to a university, and eventually built the largest coffeehouse company in the world.(By the way, cretin, Howard Schultz is white.)

And then thereís this other guy I know who was raised by a single mother who sometimes struggled to afford food for their family. But like me, this guy got scholarships and loans to attend universities. He became a lawyer and a professor, and then he was a state senator and then a national senator. And then, he became President of the United States. This guy Iím talking about is my husband, Barack Obama.(Applause.)

These stories are the stories of so many Americans, and of America itself. Because in America, we believe that no matter where you live or how much money your parents have, or what race or religion or ethnicity you are, if you work hard and believe in yourself, then you should have a chance to succeed. We also believe that everyone is equal, and that we all have the right to say what we think and worship as we choose, even when others donít like what we say or donít always agree with what we believe."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/michelle-...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1104233 Mar 26, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
That story seems far fetched and probably isn't true; just a quick google search showed all the rightwing bloggers who glomed onto it; it's totally amazing how quickly that happens.
These types of sensationalist stories are created to inflame you anti abortionists who never use logic in your thinking. Any mass email story, you quickly pass on enmasse.
Remember when it was discovered that Mitt Romney was heavily invested in Stericycle?
"...far fetched and probably isn't true"? Did you slur, "...far fetched and probably isn't true"? LOL ... Obamacare ... LOL .... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1104234 Mar 26, 2014
<quoted text>
No don't have cameras; was looking at them online, but there are so many to choose from;
In your case, one that is definitely alcohol-proof.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1104235 Mar 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Oh geez! Aren't you people tired of using this same hired gun over and over? Is this your ONLY source?
Have you looked at the OTHER 'research' he was paid to do? No?
Why am I not surprised....
San Jose State University Dept. of Economics? Hired gun?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1104236 Mar 26, 2014
USAprior2008 wrote:
<quoted text> ...which was actually successful and unnecessary to lie about it, unlike the trainwreck being delivered by incompetent Liar-in-Chief, Barack Hussein Obama.
I'm originally from MA; was shocked that he even got elected; and then implementing healthcare was even a bigger shock.
Too bad he ran away from his own accomplishment; perhaps he could have won if he ran on universal healthcare nationwide.
But, Romney is a hypocrite and a liar and an opportunist. I don't think there is one authentic thing about him.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1104237 Mar 26, 2014
Yea gotta love the daily whining, crying, lying miserable righties can't wait to begin another day of bellowing posting one lie after the other in a futile attempt at making them feel better about their fanatical selves. Yet they profess to be the ones that have it all together. They are like wildebeest gathering at their only two watering holes either on here or at Fox AKA[ fanatical obsessive xenophobes] wake up tomorrow and do it all over again...Yea boy they sure do have a life...LMAO.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1104238 Mar 26, 2014
If anyone wants to watch Obama speaking live in Belgium, here it is:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/26/watch-li...

He thinks NATO will suddenly become relevant and the United States will be one other country working together under NATO.

Anyone else believe that?

Obama just said his grandfather fought under General Patton. First time I've heard that.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1104239 Mar 26, 2014
Some people in the audience are trying not to laugh.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1104240 Mar 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Try this place www.spygearflorida.com I think it's in Del Ray.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1104241 Mar 26, 2014
Mark Levin reads an op-ed and youíll NEVER guess who wrote itÖ

This is pretty amazing. Mark Levin read an op-ed tonight on immigration asking people to consider who they thought might have written it. You have to hear itÖI was totally wrong. And then keep listening because he explains his purpose behind reading it ó and it has to do with an immigration fight coming tomorrow.

http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-reads-an-...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1104242 Mar 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Nope! No I don't. A funny thing. I'm the only person on the road that doesn't have a security system. Guess what? I'm the only person on the road that hasn't had something stolen. lmao! My security system is a great big WV Mountaineers flag flying out front. I've actually heard people walking by say "Don't mess with that house they have guns" LOL!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1104243 Mar 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
As <nobama-Galt> if the libertarian wing of the Repugs still favor abortion on demand.?
Galt believes that the black community should have the right to practice genocide on their children.....
Olive Magadino

Baldwinsville, NY

#1104244 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Do you already have a service or starting from scratch? Plenty of good wireless home security camera kits at Home Depot or Lowes.
No there aren't, dummy, it's all a pile of cheap chinee crap like everything else in modern america. Don't waste your money folks, buy something made in Germany or Scandinavia... you'll be glad you did.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1104245 Mar 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
San Jose State University Dept. of Economics? Hired gun?
That explains a lot.

Anyway...... on to the facts......

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/30/us-...

"U.S. seeks $2.1 billion from Bank of America in fraud case

By Nate Raymond

NEW YORK Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:08pm EST

Credit: Reuters/Chris Keane

(Reuters)- The U.S. government has raised the amount it is seeking in penalties from Bank of America Corp (BAC.N) to $2.1 billion after a jury found the bank was liable for fraud over defective mortgages sold by its Countrywide unit.

The request in a court filing late on Wednesday was based on gross revenue generated by the fraud, the government said. The Justice Department had previously asked for $863.6 million.

The initial request was based on gross losses it said government-sponsored mortgage finance companies Fannie Mae (FNMA.OB) and Freddie Mac (FMCC.OB) incurred on loans purchased from Countrywide Financial Corp in 2007 and 2008...."
Olive Magadino

Baldwinsville, NY

#1104246 Mar 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Some people in the audience are trying not to laugh.
In the audience? Heheheheheh... but then YOU show up with your stoopid hat on and crack them all up, huh?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1104247 Mar 26, 2014
<quoted text>
He had to sell the 1998 Honda Accord when he moved to Shady Pines in Temecula!!
I thought it was older than a 98. He talked about hoppin in the manual shift Honda Accord and heading to Maryland to save a few bucks on his likka. He also went on and on about his fear of cell phones interfering with his privacy. He's a rare bird that one is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min jimi-yank 54,334
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min jh4freedom 194,647
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 49 min CrunchyBacon 100,287
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 4 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 4 hr Magonigol 1
The Messenger 6 hr DKTM 1
amy august 2 7 hr PEllen 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages