Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1578884 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1105314 Mar 27, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
The Statue of Liberty is a prostitute.
Holding an Illuminati Torch believing it signifies enlightenment.
A Beacon to "the huddle masses" ...
Nothing can be further from the truth.
Now, what were you saying about "denial of reality"?
<quoted text>
No surprise to me at all that you wouldn't understand the meaning of freedom.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1105315 Mar 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
From January 1 until March 25, only 31 minutes was given to reporting about Obamacare on ABC, CBS and NBC combined.
This law is the biggest thing since the New Deal. And all three networks combined only gave it 31 minutes since January 1.
Guess it's better not to report any news than bad news.
Obama is bragging 6 million signed up. More than that lost their insurance.
Sorry to post and run. Fallon's on.
You are truly clueless. That's about all I can say. Reality just isn't your thing.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1105316 Mar 27, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
No I haven't gone there, perhaps I will. I was in Brandsmart yesterday, they had quite an assortment that it was overwhelming. It's on my list of stuff to do; but that's a good idea, they probably have knowledgeable sales people.
Still having a problem with the nutty neighbor and his pitbull running loose. I call the police and then the dogs are in his yard; the officer said he has to see the dog running loose. I said, do I have to wait till he bites me? I'm getting the cameras because of him. They keep warning him, but as soon as they leave; the dogs are out again. Some people are just awful.
These stories are gut-wrenching.

Historical fatal dog attacks :http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-b ite-statistics-fatalities-hist orical.php

Fatal dog attacks in the United States: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_k...

Houston woman nearly killed by large pack of dogs: http://tinyurl.com/lxuulhp

BOY'S DEATH SPARKS DEBATE ON BUCHAREST STRAY DOGS: http://tinyurl.com/pg43qjv

Horror as four people - including a one-year-old boy - are mauled to death by pack of wild dogs in Mexico City park: http://tinyurl.com/ag7dgwl

Trying to reason with dog owners either privately or in a public forum is an exercise in futility.

Antifreeze works great. Sweet & Silent. Some people like to inject a little Mercury, too. It makes the dog go crazy inside the owner's home later on tearing up the place..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105317 Mar 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The proposed Copper Plan would cover 50% of health care cost. Unlike a catastrophic plan which, beyond three annual visits, pays nothing unless there is a catastrophic event.
don't worry....this is just more bullshit that will never see the light of day....
Patrick

Brentwood, TN

#1105318 Mar 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
From January 1 until March 25, only 31 minutes was given to reporting about Obamacare on ABC, CBS and NBC combined.
This law is the biggest thing since the New Deal. And all three networks combined only gave it 31 minutes since January 1.
Guess it's better not to report any news than bad news.
Obama is bragging 6 million signed up. More than that lost their insurance.
Sorry to post and run. Fallon's on.
Five Million signed up for Obamacare.

You posted 437 times on Obamacare

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1105319 Mar 27, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
The Statue of Liberty is a prostitute.
Holding an Illuminati Torch believing it signifies enlightenment.
A Beacon to "the huddle masses" ...
Nothing can be further from the truth.
Now, what were you saying about "denial of reality"?
<quoted text>
There is Healthy Cynicism and then there is Unhealthy Cynicism.

"Trust but verify" is an example of Healthy Cynicism.

"The Statue of Liberty is a prostitute" is an example of Unhealthy Cynicism

What was that figure I heard recently...?...85% of all new business start-ups in America are formed by immigrants.

Your Prostitute was a Beacon to the founder of Intel - a Hungarian immigrant.
Danny Thomas came over with his parents from Lebanon as immigrants and St. Jude has been thankful ever since.

The examples are endless. It is very telling of your mindset that you see a prostitute where others see "pursuit of happiness".

You best and only friend is your lubricated right palm, Luzer.
Patrick n Angela

Brentwood, TN

#1105320 Mar 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly clueless. That's about all I can say. Reality just isn't your thing.
Carol is still a bit ahead of shinny....

ACA moves ahead each day and chance of GOP repeal recedes
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1105321 Mar 27, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Five Million signed up for Obamacare.
You posted 437 times on Obamacare
more people have lost insurance than have gained insurance.....

what a great accomplishment......

middle class voters will punish DemoKKKrats in November.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1105322 Mar 27, 2014
lol!

Boy! I didn't realize Alaska was this RED!

I guess reich winger like Palin had a higher agenda for running the Untied States.

Traitors!!!!!!

I love this comedy channel..

" WhiteHouse.gov petition seeks to give Alaska back to Russia
The campaign currently falls about 70K signatures short but coincides with Russia's annexation of Crimea
By Mike Krumboltz, Yahoo News 11 hours ago The Sideshow

A petition on WhiteHouse.gov seeking to give Alaska back to Russia is probably safe to file under "N" for "Never Gonna Happen."

Still, 30,000 people have lent their virtual John Hancocks to the petition. Rules dictate petitions with 100,000 or more signatures get an official response from the White House. The creator(s) of this one have until April 20 to make that happen.

And there's the timing of the petition, which coincides with Russia's annexation of Crimea, a move that was rejected by the United Nations.

The petition's language is a bit difficult to follow, but a kind of Russian patriotism seems to shine through. Below, the text from WhiteHouse.gov :

Groups Siberian russians crossed the Isthmus (now the Bering Strait) 16-10 thousand years ago.

Russian began to settle on the Arctic coast, Aleuts inhabited the Aleutian Archipelago.

First visited Alaska August 21, 1732, members of the team boat "St. Gabriel »under the surveyor Gvozdev and assistant navigator I. Fedorov during the expedition Shestakov and DI Pavlutski 1729-1735 years

Vote for secession of Alaska from the United States and joining Russia...."
Patrick

Brentwood, TN

#1105324 Mar 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
more people have lost insurance than have gained insurance.....
what a great accomplishment......
middle class voters will punish DemoKKKrats in November.....
You make this up?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1105325 Mar 27, 2014
lol! Again, another incestuous relationship reich wingers have with themselves.

They should simply say "believe because I said so!"

I love this comedy channel!!!!

"Christie's lawyer: Governor not involved in plot
Associated Press
By ANGELA DELLI SANTI and GEOFF MULVIHILL 10 hours ago

Report clears Christie of wrongdoing in BridgeGate scandal

NEW YORK (AP)— Gov. Chris Christie was not involved in a plot to create gridlock near a major bridge in a scheme directed at a mayor, lawyers hired by the administration reported Thursday while also defending the integrity of their internal review amid separate federal and legislative investigations.

The taxpayer-funded report released by former federal prosecutor Randy Mastro relied on interviews with Christie and other officials in his administration and 250,000 documents, many of them emails and text messages. But the key figures in the plot would not cooperate with Mastro's investigation, leading Democrats to question the credibility of the report and its thoroughness.

The investigation concluded Christie had no knowledge beforehand of lane closings in September near the George Washington Bridge between New Jersey and New York that caused four days of massive gridlock in the community of Fort Lee....."
Patrick

Brentwood, TN

#1105327 Mar 27, 2014
The Obama administration will give more time to people who try to apply for health insurance coverage through the federal marketplace by Monday but encounter difficulty, administration officials said Tuesday evening.

Monday is the deadline for people to enroll in order to have coverage for this year or face penalties under the Affordable Care Act.

"Open enrollment ends March 31. We are experiencing a surge in demand and are making sure that we will be ready to help consumers who may be in line by the deadline to complete enrollment -- either online or over the phone," said Joanne Peters, a spokeswoman for the Department of Health and Human Services.

Administration officials said this move, similar to the one in December for the large number of people who were trying to sign up by January 1, will accommodate people who face special circumstances or complex cases and need extra time to complete their enrollment.
Patrick

Brentwood, TN

#1105328 Mar 27, 2014
Libertarians puff it up for free death

Banning smoking in public places has helped to cut premature births by 10%, according to new research from the United States and Europe.

A study in the Lancet medical journal found that while the impact of anti-smoking laws varied between countries, the overall effect on child health around the world had been positive.

"Our research shows that smoking bans are an effective way to protect the health of our children," said Jasper Been of the University of Edinburgh's Centre for Population Health Sciences, who led the study. He said the findings should help to accelerate the introduction of anti-smoking legislation in cities, countries and districts that have yet to do so.

Laws banning smoking in public places such as bars, restaurants, offices and other workplaces have already been proven in previous studies to protect adults from the health threats associated with passive smoking.

According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) tobacco kills around six million people a year worldwide, including more than 600,000 non-smokers who die from exposure to secondhand smoke. By 2030 if current trends continue it predicts tobacco's death toll could be eight million a year.
Patrick

Brentwood, TN

#1105329 Mar 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
lol! Again, another incestuous relationship reich wingers have with themselves.
They should simply say "believe because I said so!"
I love this comedy channel!!!!
"Christie's lawyer: Governor not involved in plot
Associated Press
By ANGELA DELLI SANTI and GEOFF MULVIHILL 10 hours ago
Report clears Christie of wrongdoing in BridgeGate scandal
NEW YORK (AP)— Gov. Chris Christie was not involved in a plot to create gridlock near a major bridge in a scheme directed at a mayor, lawyers hired by the administration reported Thursday while also defending the integrity of their internal review amid separate federal and legislative investigations.
The taxpayer-funded report released by former federal prosecutor Randy Mastro relied on interviews with Christie and other officials in his administration and 250,000 documents, many of them emails and text messages. But the key figures in the plot would not cooperate with Mastro's investigation, leading Democrats to question the credibility of the report and its thoroughness.
The investigation concluded Christie had no knowledge beforehand of lane closings in September near the George Washington Bridge between New Jersey and New York that caused four days of massive gridlock in the community of Fort Lee....."
Christie may not run in 2016 but Nixon is tanned and ready.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1105330 Mar 27, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
First Ladies have made overseas trips before & its hardly a vacation.
You people are the biggest bunch of crybabies I have ever seen.
The chinese don't like black people, they say they smell funny. Honestly. Maybe Moochelle should have went to Venezuela to visit Chavez's grave.

“you know i know”

denver

#1105331 Mar 27, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Please, so I can tell her hew irresponsible she was not to be properly insured in the past.
You really can't read english can you? She was CANCELLED by Ostupidakare!!!
Shall I try ebonics next time?

“you know i know”

denver

#1105332 Mar 27, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok that explains a lot. So when Fetch is referred to as an airhead she really does have a hole in her head? Damn now i'm not sure whether to feel sorry or put a dic in that hole also.
Hmm, you've abandoned getting teabagged for being a felcher? Interesting.

“you know i know”

denver

#1105333 Mar 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
GOP Needs New Strategy As Vast Majority Of Americans Don’t Want Obamacare Repealed
On Wednesday, the Kaiser Family Foundation released their updated health tracking poll and the results were not what the Republican Party wanted to see. Overall, it shows that Americans are not in favor of repealing the Affordable Care Act and are also sick and tired of the ongoing debate about health care, Basically, the majority of the American public accepts that the ACA is the law of the land, and that efforts should only be made to improve the law, rather than to repeal it.
53% of respondents to the poll stated that they are sick of the debate on the health care law and would like for our lawmakers to focus on other issues now. Meanwhile, 42% felt that the debate should continue. This shows that the appetite for Republicans focusing solely on Obamacare during their campaigns this election season is seriously waning. In fact, even Republican voters are getting tired of the continued focus on the ACA, as 47% want to move on to other things.
At the same time, a large majority of people do not want the health care law repealed. 59% of those polled feel that the law should not be repealed. 49% stated that the law should stay in place but that improvements should be made, while 10% said that it is fine exactly as it is. On the flip side, only 29% of respondents feel that repeal is a viable option, with 11% stating that we should repeal the law and replace it with a GOP alternative and 18% saying to repeal it and do nothing else. A majority of independents (52%) are in favor of keeping the law in place.
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/26/gop-st...
Really, MR. Fox News?

Majority of Americans Want Major Changes to Health Law - Gallup
www.gallup.com/.../majority-americans-major-c... ;
Gallup
Dec 6, 2013 - Fifty-two percent want Congress to repeal or scale back the law ... repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), or "Obamacare," has changed little.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1105334 Mar 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
don't worry....this is just more bullshit that will never see the light of day....
Only time will tell.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1105335 Mar 27, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol is still a bit ahead of shinny....
ACA moves ahead each day and chance of GOP repeal recedes
It just astounds me that she still touts the lie that over 6 million have lost insurance. I can't understand what makes these people so easy to fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 3,202
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr honeymylove 2,603
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr ImPeach 242,522
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Ricky F 105,230
Looking for a girl 3 hr Tyrone Harris 5
Hire Dedicated PHP Developers For 1 Week Free! 3 hr Medma Infomatix 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SweLL GirL 11,160

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages