Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103819 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>russia won't take over Estonia...
says who???...

or Latvia or Lithuania???...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1103820 Mar 25, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. That was before the sexual revolution. White girls who got pregnant went to the hospital to get a D&C; or went to a kitchen butcher to get an abortion. Otherwise; they either got married or were sent to a home for unwed mothers and gave the baby up for adoption.
Exactly. And blacks were left with no option except to have the baby and raise it as best they could.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103821 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Richard Dawkins is an agnostic. He said, "On a scale of seven, where one means I know God exists, and seven I know he doesn't, I call myself a six." He believes in keeping an open mind unlike you.
You Democrats displayed your open mind with Joe Lieberman now, didn't you?

Your ideal of open mindedness and diverse opinions is to crucify anyone who disagrees with a single issue.
Brad

Marlborough, CT

#1103822 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was asked at a press conference in the Netherlands about his declining influence in the world and if Romney was right about Russia.
Even the press in other parts of the world will ask the hard questions. Just not here..
Obama's answer about Romney ended up being about his concern of a nuclear bomb in Manhattan. Talk about distracting from answering the question.
Further proof Oblamer is lost without his teleprompter.

He also called Russia a weak regional power.

Location hidden

#1103823 Mar 25, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db18....
It's quite dramatic, but you missed his point. It's really hard to have a discussion with you people, because you go off on tangents.
The nonmarital birth rates by race only went back as far as 1995. Where's 1964?

Location hidden

#1103824 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what should the US response be to a Russian takeover of Estonia???.....
Follow the lead of the United Nations.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103825 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was asked at a press conference in the Netherlands about his declining influence in the world and if Romney was right about Russia.
Even the press in other parts of the world will ask the hard questions. Just not here..
Obama's answer about Romney ended up being about his concern of a nuclear bomb in Manhattan. Talk about distracting from answering the question.
declining influence in the world?

Bush had that problem from day one. you know, that guy you need to forget about.

and go look at a Pew poll. the only folks who like Obama less than Bush are the Muslims.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103826 Mar 25, 2014
Bush Derangement Syndrome (aka Zombie-itis):
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank Bush and the Republicans in Congress. They are the gift that keeps on giving.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103827 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And blacks were left with no option except to have the baby and raise it as best they could.
Like whoa man - it's all so simple. Like you!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103828 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The nonmarital birth rates by race only went back as far as 1995. Where's 1964?
Boo hoo. You don't get it unless it goes back to 1964?

Baawwaahhh!!!

Go am I glad I am not a moron worthless Democrat like you who can't figure anything out.

Enjoy your clueless life. I find you quite boring.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103829 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
declining influence in the world?
Bush had that problem from day one. you know, that guy you need to forget about.
and go look at a Pew poll. the only folks who like Obama less than Bush are the Muslims.
Bush this, Bush that, after 5 years....
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103830 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent advice, for an idiot.

Location hidden

#1103831 Mar 25, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
You Democrats always are consistent. I'm sure you think this is Bush's fault.
Another mistake was the Democrats agenda of giving out mortgage loans to people who could not pay. You will never admit that though. It's all Bush's fault, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NQXbT5ZMYaYXX
Watch the video mushbrain.
Democrats are not without blame but Bush ignited the flame. It was his belief that Americans do best when they own their own home paired with his conviction that markets do best when left alone that took us down.

Bush proposed affordable housing tax incentives.

Bush insisted that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac meet ambitious new goals for low-income lending.

Concerned that down payments were a barrier, Bush persuaded Congress to spend up to $200 million a year to help first-time buyers with down payments and closing costs and
Bush pushed to allow first-time buyers to qualify for federally insured mortgages with no money down.

How was this not his fault?

“We can put light where there’s darkness, and hope where there’s despondency in this country. And part of it is working together as a nation to encourage folks to own their own home.” President Bush, Oct. 15, 2002

“Wall Street got drunk.” President Bush

“We absolutely wanted to increase homeownership. But we never wanted lenders to make bad decisions.” President Bush

“Corporate America has a responsibility to work to make America a compassionate place” said President Bush. "And corporate America, eyeing a lucrative market, delivered in ways Mr. Bush might not have expected, with a proliferation of too-good-to-be-true teaser rates and interest-only loans that were sold to investors in a loosely regulated environment."

“The Bush administration took a lot of pride that homeownership had reached historic highs, but what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost." John W. Snow, Paulson's predecessor

“No one wanted to stop that bubble. It would have conflicted with the president’s own policies.” Lawrence B. Lindsey, Mr. Bush’s first chief economics adviser

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/21...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1103832 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you run from me everyday you post here..you know it..i have openly challenged you to show even one post of mine that shows i am a liberal...yet you run every day from those hundreds of challenges...
yes, dear, you run from me every single time you show your cowardly face on these pages...
Every. Single. Time.
"woodendick000"
One more time you lie. You are good at that. The poster has not, does not run from the garbage you so poorly try to spew. He kicks your butt and makes you look like the liar you are. You who claims to be a conservative while at the same time kissing the fanny of your hero, president, nobama.
Why are you such a phoney?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103833 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
and ignore the NATO Treaty???...

if Russia invades Canada, will you still wait for the UN to do nothing???...
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103834 Mar 25, 2014
Hey America!

Let's relinquish control of the internet registrations!

It's an Obama initiative - totally foolish as usual.

Nobody can say what we gain.

But after all, it's the anti_American thing to do!

China & Russia are all for it!

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1103835 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats are not without blame but Bush ignited the flame. It was his belief that Americans do best when they own their own home paired with his conviction that markets do best when left alone that took us down.
Bush proposed affordable housing tax incentives.
Bush insisted that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac meet ambitious new goals for low-income lending.
Concerned that down payments were a barrier, Bush persuaded Congress to spend up to $200 million a year to help first-time buyers with down payments and closing costs and
Bush pushed to allow first-time buyers to qualify for federally insured mortgages with no money down.
How was this not his fault?
“We can put light where there’s darkness, and hope where there’s despondency in this country. And part of it is working together as a nation to encourage folks to own their own home.” President Bush, Oct. 15, 2002
“Wall Street got drunk.” President Bush
“We absolutely wanted to increase homeownership. But we never wanted lenders to make bad decisions.” President Bush
“Corporate America has a responsibility to work to make America a compassionate place” said President Bush. "And corporate America, eyeing a lucrative market, delivered in ways Mr. Bush might not have expected, with a proliferation of too-good-to-be-true teaser rates and interest-only loans that were sold to investors in a loosely regulated environment."
“The Bush administration took a lot of pride that homeownership had reached historic highs, but what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost." John W. Snow, Paulson's predecessor
“No one wanted to stop that bubble. It would have conflicted with the president’s own policies.” Lawrence B. Lindsey, Mr. Bush’s first chief economics adviser
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/21...
ahhh..it's always so fun to lay all the blame on the politicians, but both of you forgot that it takes two parties to sign a mortgage.

people who bought homes at obviously hyper-inflated prices at or beyond the limits of their borrowing ability are also to blame. they get half the blame for trashing our economy...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1103836 Mar 25, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodendick000"
One more time you lie. You are good at that. The poster has not, does not run from the garbage you so poorly try to spew. He kicks your butt and makes you look like the liar you are. You who claims to be a conservative while at the same time kissing the fanny of your hero, president, nobama.
Why are you such a phoney?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
and like him, you seem unable to prove your post..

in fact, i have also challenged you to back your shit up..and you also run..

you still have yet to show even one post where i have lied...

run, forest, run!!

yeah...we know who the cowards here are..and we both also know who is running...

run, coward, run...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1103838 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
yikes! bad choice... Russia has a veto on the security council they would just block any action at all...

i like the UN and all, but those are the folks that watched hundreds of thousands get murdered in Rwanda cuz they couldn't be bothered to agree on the definition of genocide...

NATO can act without the consent of the UN, in fact, we are obliged by our own word to defend other NATO members...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103839 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ahhh..it's always so fun to lay all the blame on the politicians, but both of you forgot that it takes two parties to sign a mortgage.
people who bought homes at obviously hyper-inflated prices at or beyond the limits of their borrowing ability are also to blame. they get half the blame for trashing our economy...
You are too ignorant to understand there are many more parties than "two". I would try to explain it to you, but I don't have all night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Los Angeles 51,536
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Bieber 185,080
No Camping at Dead's Last Shows 20 min DEAD MUST DIE 2
Word (Dec '08) 21 min boundary painter 5,078
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min GayleWood 51,373
last post wins! (Apr '13) 50 min boundary painter 508
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 51 min boundary painter 803
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:47 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:47AM