Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,014,101 - 1,014,120 of 1,101,494 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1103036 Mar 24, 2014
Copyright Lawsuit Against Medina Bar:'Unauthorized' Show By Local Classic Rock Cover Band Caused 'Great and Incalculable Damage'
Posted by Doug Brown on Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Local classic rock cover band Alter Ego perform at 69 Taps in Medina on August 31, 2013. The bar and its former management are being sued for copyright violation for having the performance and not paying licensing fees
ALTER EGO ON FACEBOOK
Local classic rock cover band Alter Ego perform at 69 Taps in Medina on August 31, 2013. The bar and its former management are being sued for copyright violation for having the performance and not paying licensing fees
Last August, a suburban Cleveland classic rock cover band called Alter Ego got together at 69 Taps in Medina on a Friday night and belted out the standard classic rock tunes: "Jesse's Girl," "Fortunate Son," "You Really Got me," "Brown Eyed Girl" and, of course, "Free Bird" among other songs of that ilk that every cover band plays.

But this week, the bar, company that used to operate it, and the two guys who controlled that company now face a copyright lawsuit in federal court from Broadcast Music, Inc — the massive and powerful music licensing organization — and the companies that hold the copyrights to 10 classic rock songs performed that night, who are alleging "ten claims of willful copyright infringement."

Venues where music is played — bars, restaurants, clubs, theaters, whatever — must pay a licensing fee to the licensing company or they risk facing federal lawsuits from those massive national organizations. BMI owns the public performance rights to 8.5 million songs and they want to make sure they get their cut from any place that plays any of them, recorded or live, even if it's just hosting a performance of by small-time cover band made up of regular guys with day jobs getting together for the fun of it (the band is not liable: it's the sole responsibility of the venue to get the license).

The stakeholders

The suit is spearheaded by Broadcast Music, Inc. BMI controls the public performance licensing rights to 8.5 million songs. For any of those songs to be legally played publicly, venues pay BMI a fee for access to their catalogue, and BMI then distributes most of that to the copyright holders. In fiscal year 2013, for example, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million to its member songwriters, composers, and music publishers.

Also joining BMI in the suit against the bar are the music companies that own the actual musical composition copyrights for the songs that were performed, such as Universal, Concord Music Group, EMI Virgin, Fourteenth Hour Music, Springtime Music, Dandelion Music, Jay-Boy, and Cyanide Publishing.

Those 10 corporations are bringing the copyright infringement lawsuit against the following three following parties:

-1: T-Man, LLC, the company set up by two guys (below) that controlled 69 Taps locations in Medina, Akron and Wadsworth.

-2: Jon Middendorf, who was a "managing member and President of T-Man, LLC" with "responsibility for the operation and management" of the bar, who had the "right and ability to supervise the activities."

-3: Thomas Manfreda, who was "a member and Secretary" of the company and bar.

As of last November, Middendorf and Manfreda no longer have a stake in 69 Taps, according to a bartender at the Medina location.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103037 Mar 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
And her gay brother in law. The one that she publicly opposes giving rights to.
And; her liberal sister! I'd love to be a fly on that wall during Thanksgiving dinner!
Carol would be sucking on that e cigarette for dear life to keep her mouth shut.

BTW; do you think Ben Carson's kids are wearing "designer clothes and sneakers"?

Oh the nerve of some of them black folk; actin' all uppity n' all.....
dem

United States

#1103038 Mar 24, 2014
flack wrote:
Borrowed from another poster: The government’s new data.gov/climate website will be operated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and NASA. However, as The New American pointed out in a January 28 article,“Multiple U.S. government bureaucracies including NOAA, NASA, and the Department of Energy are again being accused of inappropriately manipulating temperature data — or ‘adjusting’ it, as officials at the agencies implicated in the scandal put it — to show global warming.”

The article quoted Steven Goddard, an independent analyst at Real Science, who wrote:“NOAA made a big deal about 2012 blowing away all temperature records, but the temperature they reported is the result of a huge error. This affects all NOAA and NASA U.S. temperature graphs, and is part of the cause of this famous shift.”

Goddard also cited satellite data indicating that by 2008, U.S. temperatures, far from increasing, had actually cooled down below 1980s and '90s levels.

The article also cited respected climatologist Dr. Roy Spencer, who served as senior scientist for climate studies at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center before joining the faculty at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Spencer provided evidence that “virtually all of the USHCN [U.S. Historical Climatology Network] warming since 1973 appears to be the result of adjustments NOAA has made to the data." Dr. Spencer said that his own studies of the data and corrections to account for urban heat island (UHI) effects “support [Steve Goddard’s] contention that there’s something funny going on in the USHCN data.”

Dr. Spencer concluded:“Clearly, adjustments to surface temperature data are at least as large as the global warming signal being sought." (Emphasis in original.) "Until a transparent analysis of the USHCN methodology is carried out, and alternative methods and temperature datasets are tested, I can’t bring myself to believe any U.S. government pronouncements regarding record warm temperatures.”
Tell the azzhole you got it from that he's a dumbfk.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103039 Mar 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still early in the game.
Yeah I saw that this morning about 4am when it happened. Dude must have fallen asleep on the switch.
Maybe he was "sexting"!

I hope they nominate Allen West
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1103040 Mar 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Scott Press Call Cut Short After Questions On Fundraiser's Exit Over Racist Jokes
The conference call on Monday featuring Lt. Gov. Carlos Lopez-Cantera (R) was ended abruptly after reporters asked questions about Fernandez's decision to leave the campaign following campaign staffers reportedly making jokes in crude Mexican accents.
According to The Orlando Sentinel, Lopez-Cantera first answered one question about a new campaign ad attacking former Gov. Charlie Crist (D), the likely Democratic gubernatorial nominee, then three on Fernandez's decision to leave the campaign. On the third question Lopez-Cantera said the call was about the new ad, not Fernandez.
Then the call was cut off.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rick-sc...
Yeah, Chingalahara accents are not real popular with Florida's Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Columbians and such.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103041 Mar 24, 2014
HA! Yea, with a can of lard greased on those thunder thighs, ginormus hips, and a girdle from neck to cankles ... Yea, you'll fit. LOL !!!

And don't forget to tell him: "I got cellulite from my neck to my knees. Now if that turns you on, keep talkin' " !!! AHaaHaaHaaaaaaa ...!!!!
Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
I got ALL kinds of dresses, sweetie... the difference between you and me is I can still fit into mine.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103042 Mar 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Those are great dipped in milk or even coffee. I usually keep some Archway oatmeal with raisins around in case I run out of Silver Bullets.
Oh yeah, oreos and milk! True happiness; haven't done that in years....

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1103043 Mar 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Not here you won't. Get the fk out of here.
How often do they let you out?
dem

United States

#1103044 Mar 24, 2014
flack wrote:
Borrowed from another poster: The government’s new data.gov/climate website will be operated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and NASA. However, as The New American pointed out in a January 28 article,“Multiple U.S. government bureaucracies including NOAA, NASA, and the Department of Energy are again being accused of inappropriately manipulating temperature data — or ‘adjusting’ it, as officials at the agencies implicated in the scandal put it — to show global warming.”

The article quoted Steven Goddard, an independent analyst at Real Science, who wrote:“NOAA made a big deal about 2012 blowing away all temperature records, but the temperature they reported is the result of a huge error. This affects all NOAA and NASA U.S. temperature graphs, and is part of the cause of this famous shift.”

Goddard also cited satellite data indicating that by 2008, U.S. temperatures, far from increasing, had actually cooled down below 1980s and '90s levels.

The article also cited respected climatologist Dr. Roy Spencer, who served as senior scientist for climate studies at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center before joining the faculty at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Spencer provided evidence that “virtually all of the USHCN [U.S. Historical Climatology Network] warming since 1973 appears to be the result of adjustments NOAA has made to the data." Dr. Spencer said that his own studies of the data and corrections to account for urban heat island (UHI) effects “support [Steve Goddard’s] contention that there’s something funny going on in the USHCN data.”

Dr. Spencer concluded:“Clearly, adjustments to surface temperature data are at least as large as the global warming signal being sought." (Emphasis in original.) "Until a transparent analysis of the USHCN methodology is carried out, and alternative methods and temperature datasets are tested, I can’t bring myself to believe any U.S. government pronouncements regarding record warm temperatures.”
Widely regarded as a fkn tea bag quack.
dem

United States

#1103045 Mar 24, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>It's highly unlikely that Condoleeza Rice has ever given anyone any sort of thrill anytime or anywhere
Is she married or a closet lesbian. Or both?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1103046 Mar 24, 2014
flack wrote:
Today's rising food prices will trap millions tomorrow - case studies
Millions of the world’s poorest people will face devastation from today’s rocketing food prices because the global food system is fatally flawed and policy-makers can’t find the courage to fix it.
Policy-makers have taken cheap food for granted for nearly 30 years. Those days are gone. Developing countries are bracing themselves for the worst effects of rising corn, soy and wheat prices on their poorest people.
Fragile populations around the world, living on or near the poverty line, will be dragged under by price spikes and volatility. Nearly a billion people are already too poor to feed themselves, so any long-term food spike is guaranteed to trap millions more who are now just “getting by”. Worrying too is the continuing drop in global corn stocks that are now at their lowest levels for six years .
History is repeating itself and will keep doing so until we tackle the fundamental weaknesses that keep a billion people hungry.
We must stop the obscene waste of food including burning it as biodiesel in our trucks and cars.
We need to tackle climate change and land-grabs and damaging speculation.
We must build up our food stocks and kick-start good investment again in small-holder farmers and in resilient, sustainable agriculture.
- See more at: http://www.oxfam.org/en/grow/issues/food-pric...
Stop the Presses!!!!!!!!

Flack posts an article that believes in negative effects of global warming.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1103047 Mar 24, 2014
A man walks into a bar, notices a very large jar on the counter,and sees that it's filled to the brim with $10 bills. He guesses there must be at least ten thousand dollars in it.

He approaches the bartender and asks, "What's with the money in the jar?"

"Well..., you pay $10, and if you pass three tests, you get all the money in the jar and the keys to a brand new Lexus."

The man certainly isn't going to pass this up, so he asks,
"What are the three tests?"

"You gotta pay first," says the bartender, "those are the rules."

So, after thinking it over a while, the man gives the bartender $10
which he stuffs into the jar.

"Okay," says the bartender, "here's what you need to do:
First - You have to drink a whole quart of tequila, in 60 seconds or less,
and you can't make a face while doing it."

"Second - There's a pit bull chained in the back with a bad tooth. You have to remove that tooth with your bare hands."

"Third - There's a 90-year old lady upstairs who's never had sex. You have to take care of that problem."

The man is stunned! "I know I paid my $10 -- but I'm not an idiot! I won't do it! You'd have to be nuts to drink a quart of tequila and then do all those other things!"

"Your call," says the bartender, "but, your money stays where it is."

As time goes on, the man has a few more drinks and finally says, "Where's the damn tequila?!" He grabs the bottle with both hands and drinks it as fast as he can.Tears stream down both cheeks -- but he doesn't make a face -- and he drinks it in 58 seconds!

Next, he staggers out the back door where he sees the pit bull chained to a pole. Soon, the people inside the bar hear loud growling, screaming, and sounds of a terrible fight -then, nothing but silence!

Just when they think that the man surely must be dead, he staggers back into the bar. His clothes are ripped to shreds and he's bleeding from bites and gashes all over his body. He drunkenly says, "Now..., where's that old woman with the bad tooth?"
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103048 Mar 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she married or a closet lesbian. Or both?
Never married. I always thought she and George had a little "thang" goin' on...

Not that being married is everyone's be all in life.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1103049 Mar 24, 2014
<quoted text>
It's highly unlikely that Condoleeza Rice has ever given anyone any sort of thrill anytime or anywhere
She sure as f gave Bush one on the morning of 9-11-01.

"how were we to know/" = "I can't birth no babies!"

That might be a racist remark__whatever__that's what went through my mind when Rice made that foolish statement.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103050 Mar 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
A man walks into a bar, notices a very large jar on the counter,and sees that it's filled to the brim with $10 bills. He guesses there must be at least ten thousand dollars in it.
"Well..., you pay $10, and if you pass three tests, you get all the money in the jar and the keys to a brand new Lexus."
"Second - There's a pit bull chained in the back with a bad tooth. You have to remove that tooth with your bare hands."
"Third - There's a 90-year old lady upstairs who's never had sex. You have to take care of that problem."
The man is stunned! "I know I paid my $10 -- but I'm not an idiot! I won't do it! You'd have to be nuts to drink a quart of tequila and then do all those other things!"
As time goes on, the man has a few more drinks and finally says, "Where's the damn tequila?!" He grabs the bottle with both hands and drinks it as fast as he can.Tears stream down both cheeks -- but he doesn't make a face -- and he drinks it in 58 seconds!
Next, he staggers out the back door where he sees the pit bull chained to a pole. Soon, the people inside the bar hear loud growling, screaming, and sounds of a terrible fight -then, nothing but silence!
Just when they think that the man surely must be dead, he staggers back into the bar. His clothes are ripped to shreds and he's bleeding from bites and gashes all over his body. He drunkenly says, "Now..., where's that old woman with the bad tooth?"
Hillbilly humor; go figure...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1103051 Mar 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Never married. I always thought she and George had a little "thang" goin' on...
Not that being married is everyone's be all in life.
Gaddafi had hot rocks for her__sent her little love notes and such.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103052 Mar 24, 2014
Experience? What'd you have to do? Pay the guy just to "take" it? AHaHaaHaaa !!

As I Stated: No Sicilian Man would touch you with your Daddy's D!ck.

They refer to women like you as Americana Whores.

Pitsy you're such a Patsy for The Hollywood Wise Guy glitz, all fake, all phony.

Now you, nothing but a lard ass, hog jowl jiggling, turkey waddling neck, fat flapping like jiggling jello upper arms and a chitlin chompin' alabami mammi.
All while chewin' you some tabacci, hillbilly honky.

PS Those weren't My Words, for "goodness sakes". Don't make it personal and I won't bisch slap the fawk out of you, Exceno trash.
Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
No, um.. it really isn't. My signature "tell" is extraordinary wit and vast experience. Like, for instance,All I'm doing is reciting your own words for goodness sakes...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1103053 Mar 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Hillbilly humor; go figure...
Commie with no sense of humor; go figure...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1103055 Mar 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
It was funnier when it was a polar bear and an Eskimo.

I always like the one about the lady who walked into the bar carrying the duck.

The bartender said, Hello there, where did you find that pig?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103056 Mar 24, 2014
lol

Obama Co-Opts Tea Party Slogan For Obamacare Bumper Sticker

If the art work looks unoriginal, it should. It's a play on the tea party's famous "don't tread on me" slogan, which is a fixture at anti-Obamacare rallies.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-t...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 9-2 4 min edogxxx 10
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Mister Tonka 97,961
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min truth-facts 46,380
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL 69,092
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min KiMare 49,504
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 38 min andet1987 577
Word (Dec '08) 39 min andet1987 4,666
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min wojar 177,528
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago