Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103382 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> John McCain is progressive and Susan Collins is a libtard. HuffPo is a libtard wet dream. The writers there are all progressive libtards! I knew of Arianna long before she formed HuffPo. She was a middle of the road person then. Till she found out the money was in loonyville!!!
middle of the road? she was a Republican. married to a Republican Congressman.

btw....Huffpost's internet ranking beats every right wing site on the net.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/Ne...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1103383 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You libtards do realize that Hobby Lobby is not against birth control only that they shouldn't have to pay for it against there religious leanings. I think they shouldn't be forced to go against their religion. While trying to keep religion away from government you are instilling government as your religion. Something the founders were righteously worried about.
Hobby Lobby is OK with some forms of birth control. They just don't like plan B or IUDs because they claim these take effect after conception.
Plan B is not an abortion pill. Both Plan B & the IUD are to primarily prevent conception. Both also change the Uterus lining which would make a fertilized egg more unlikely to be able to implant. It is this possibility that is driving these law suits.
I like that Hobby Lobby has no issue importing Chinese junk & selling it a great profits to dupe people out of their money but OMG OMG there that remote possibility that the morning after pill would cause a fertilized egg less likely to implant.
If you are going to operate a business, then you need to follow the rules of business.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1103384 Mar 25, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Michelle O'bama pisses all over herself in China.
I'm betting you know all tooo well what that feels like, huh sissy? You idiots will believe anything.!!! BOO!!! There you just did it again.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1103385 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"Annual revenues nearly doubled under Reagan's presidency".
So did the debt as a % of the GDP.
homosexuals are also blaming Reagan because they are fat-you got anything else to blame Reagan for?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103386 Mar 25, 2014
On March 25 the Supreme Court will hear arguments in two cases, Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores and Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. v. Sebelius, whose outcomes will decide whether corporations can exempt themselves from provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), based on religious beliefs. The cases challenge a provision of the ACA that requires employer-provided insurance plans to include contraception coverage.

The rulings’ importance extends beyond the ACA, however. Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood, its companion case, are also about Citizens United — which established that corporate personhood includes freedom of speech, exercised, in part, by giving money to political causes. Now the court will decide whether corporations have freedom of religion as well, and whether on the basis of those rights, corporations can deprive services to others.

The court should reject this dangerous assertion. Corporations exist as separate legal entities precisely to distinguish their activities from those of their owners. It is that separation that Hobby Lobby threatens to erase.

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2014/03...

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1103387 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It was like semi-coverage. It's gambling. She relied on the system to pick up the slack if an event happens. Your daughter did not have the financial back up or else she would not have qualified for subsidies.
This idea you right whiners have that it is OK to risk tour family's health & financial stability to save a coupler of bucks show just how stupid you people are. Yep, your claim how much money you have & how you could afford to pay out all this money for healthcare bills is total bullsh*t.
Anyone with the wealth, protects it.
I have had good health insurance for me & my family ever since starting with my first job & continued throughout.
She may not qualify for a subsidy. That was determined with the Kaiser calculator based on the number of children.

This freedom idea just goes over your head, doesn't it?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103388 Mar 25, 2014
Can corporations have religious beliefs? And if so, can corporations exempt themselves from laws by claiming that the laws violate their religious sensibilities, and thus their religious freedom?

In oral arguments Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court will consider those and related issues in "Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores" and "Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. v. Sebelius", cases that combine questions about ObamaCare and federal power with culture-war topics such as abortion, religious freedom, gay equality, contraception and women's rights.[...]

Personally, I think the whole argument is bizarre. If corporations can have religious beliefs, does that mean they go to heaven or hell after bankruptcy? No, it does not. I think it's particularly bizarre for advocates of the Hobby Lobby position to claim to be defending human dignity by claiming that corporations and human beings are the same thing, because they are not. Corporations are secular legal fictions created by the state. By definition, they cannot have religious faith and they cannot endanger their immortal soul by offering contraceptives.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jay-bookman/2014/m...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1103389 Mar 25, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
People still don't want your smoke in their lungs dimwit! What's so hard to understand about that?
You don't have to worry about my smoke. But it's none of your business or your concern if people who do want to smoke in the great outdoors or in a private area away from people who don't smoke do so. It's because you and PC liberals have gone out of your way to make it your business that makes you the real nuisance - not the other way around.

Prevented this

#1103391 Mar 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
...and to think I used to make jokes about coat hangers...
"The Coat Hanger as a Symbol, and Why Abortion Access Matters"
http://dcabortionfund.org/donate/
Aborted Babies in England Incinerated to Heat Hospitals-liberals consider it green energy.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1103392 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> We were fighting this thing called the Cold War. Why do you libtards want to rewrite history?
I love how you come up for excuses why Republicans can cut revenues while increasing spending & this is OK.

If you are going to brag how Reagan cutting taxes increase revenues, perhaps you should mention he fueled it by running up the debt.

Was it tax cuts or the stimulus action of unfunded, borrowed spending that did the trick.

Laughing my ass off here.

"Reagan had the cold war"
"Bush had the Dot-com bust"
"That f*cking Obama"
Right whiner hypocrisy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103394 Mar 25, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>homosexuals are also blaming Reagan because they are fat-you got anything else to blame Reagan for?
Iraq War?

Prevented this

#1103395 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hobby Lobby is OK with some forms of birth control. They just don't like plan B or IUDs because they claim these take effect after conception.
Plan B is not an abortion pill. Both Plan B & the IUD are to primarily prevent conception. Both also change the Uterus lining which would make a fertilized egg more unlikely to be able to implant. It is this possibility that is driving these law suits.
I like that Hobby Lobby has no issue importing Chinese junk & selling it a great profits to dupe people out of their money but OMG OMG there that remote possibility that the morning after pill would cause a fertilized egg less likely to implant.
If you are going to operate a business, then you need to follow the rules of business.
You mean operating a business like Matt Drudge and paying his liberty tax? er eh O'bamacare tax on something he does not want.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1103397 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
middle of the road? she was a Republican. married to a Republican Congressman.
btw....Huffpost's internet ranking beats every right wing site on the net.
http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/Ne...
And? All that means is more of you pinheads get their news from libtard sites. Be surprise there! She was coming on the local talk show long before she started HuffPo. As iI said she was middle of the road till she found out being a libtard paid better. That should tell you something but it won't. It will fly right over your head.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1103398 Mar 25, 2014
Obama's war on Women..

Female Share of Federal Workforce Declining Under Obama

http://conservatives4palin.com/2014/03/cns-fe...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1103400 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you come up for excuses why Republicans can cut revenues while increasing spending & this is OK.
If you are going to brag how Reagan cutting taxes increase revenues, perhaps you should mention he fueled it by running up the debt.
Was it tax cuts or the stimulus action of unfunded, borrowed spending that did the trick.
Laughing my ass off here.
"Reagan had the cold war"
"Bush had the Dot-com bust"
"That f*cking Obama"
Right whiner hypocrisy.
No Sherman The democrats reneged on their promise to cut spending. Just like they always do. Just like they reneged on the promise to close the border if Reagan granted amnesty. Libtards can't be trusted to do what they say. They will stab this country in the back every time for political power.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103402 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to worry about my smoke. But it's none of your business or your concern if people who do want to smoke in the great outdoors or in a private area away from people who don't smoke do so. It's because you and PC liberals have gone out of your way to make it your business that makes you the real nuisance - not the other way around.
Secondhand smoke (SHS) is classified as a “known human carcinogen”(cancer-causing agent) by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the US National Toxicology Program, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC – a branch of the World Health Organization).

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tob...

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#1103403 Mar 25, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
Obama's war on Women..
Female Share of Federal Workforce Declining Under Obama
http://conservatives4palin.com/2014/03/cns-fe...
Where to put working thought...

Under?

What's left to focus on in Politics?

Science has placed it's mark science and technology...

As much as my sense tells me to a show that was aired a few years back and INVENTION to not be shy a bit about any of it...

New and wire tapping and how much to one's self peeks through...

As to anyone's in an event as to what all actually has happened...

To know what some speak of or about is to what they have seen not done...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1103404 Mar 25, 2014
Somebodies posts are getting removed faster than they can post them. Wonder who?

in a city...

#1103405 Mar 25, 2014
Like having lost your air before utterly and completely you know how you are born in the first the breath and not to all have they lost it so far and to re gain and just wasting your breath is what it is like...

in a city...

#1103406 Mar 25, 2014
Low life to what that is besides to what actually could be lower...

And then lower to that were in defense it was nt...etc..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Rogue Scholar 05 184,989
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min red and right 51,516
abby03-03 1 hr Shari23 4
abby03-02-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 5
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr scirocco 69,123
Too close for comfort: February not likely to b... 2 hr jeffryUAFookinConMan 2
Drones and the ISIS wunnerful folks. 2 hr DonCMyersFookinLiar 9
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:21AM