Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402983 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1104373 Mar 26, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
What books do you read, coward? What's the last book you read?
it most likely had a foldout in the center of it...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104375 Mar 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was titled "Why the USA must incarcerate criminals". You were used as an example if I remember correctly.
Baawwaahhh!!!
Really, how many years were you in the system?
I'm sorry, coward, your time was up 15 minutes ago. Better you'd not replied at all... just sayin'... So, what's the last play you went to? CD you listened to? Magazine you read? Or don't you have time for such things with your busy schedule? Try not to take so long this time...
Nostrils Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1104376 Mar 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us enjoy comedy so return soon?
She doesn't have to. We have you to laugh at!
Nostrils Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1104377 Mar 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it most likely had a foldout in the center of it...
The foldout died with you in the 1990's, old dumbfk.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104378 Mar 26, 2014
I'm pretty sure the title of that last book you claim to have read, coward, was, "Why the U.S. Must Incarcerate More People Than Any Other Nation On The Planet." The answer is pretty simple, actually; it's because they're all soooo sceert of somebody takin' the shit they stole from somebody else earlier... Oooooooo... I think I needs me a security system....
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104379 Mar 26, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't have to. We have you to laugh at!
You don't even have to look THAT far, do you?
Nostrils Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1104380 Mar 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure ya were, pal...just like your bullshit military draft story, huh?
Speaking of liars and bullshit, can you tell us how you are a "conservative" again, liar?

We all need a good laugh.

Your posts are always good for that, peon!
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104382 Mar 26, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, it's been a WHILE since you read a magazine, coward...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104383 Mar 26, 2014
A newspaper? Even a dog can read the newspaper, coward...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104384 Mar 26, 2014
Opera? Coward...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104385 Mar 26, 2014
Jesus, good god, coward, are you telling me all you do is watch television and surf the mighty web for chatrooms of interest???
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1104386 Mar 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bought mortgages from lenders. FM &FM are a government sponsored enterprise that deal with mortgage backed securities. Their purpose is to expand the secondary mortgage market. They sold these subprime mortgages to Wall St.
Now listen closely, I'm agreeing with you, Wall St bundled subprime with prim and dumped on the open market. That is fraud. They should be fined. Some people should be in jail.
As much as I didn't like the man, Bush did try to install tougher regulations on FM & FM.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/business/ne...
The initial problems was the banks sold mortgages to Freddie / Fannie that didn't meet the guideline as prescribed by them. The banks agreed to that stipulation when they sold those loans. Therefore, the original fraud was done by the banks who wanted to 'churn' the mortgages so they could generate more mortgages. The subprimes weren't really the problem.. it was the originators... the people who practiced 'capitalism' who created the mess. This is why banks are still in trouble today.

And oh btw, CRA didn't have much to do with it....

http://www.minneapolisfed.org/publications_pa... ;

"...Another way to measure the relationship between the CRA and the subprime crisis is to examine foreclosure activity across neighborhoods that are classified by income. Data made available by RealtyTrac on foreclosure filings from January 2006 through August 2008 indicate that most foreclosure filings (e.g., about 70 percent in 2006) have taken place in middle- or higher-income neighborhoods. More important, foreclosure filings have increased at a faster pace in middle- or higher-income areas than in lower-income areas that are the focus of the CRA.9/(See Table 7.)

Two basic points emerge from our analysis of the available data. First, only a small portion of subprime mortgage originations is related to the CRA. Second, CRA-related loans appear to perform comparably to other types of subprime loans. Taken together, the available evidence seems to run counter to the contention that the CRA contributed in any substantive way to the current mortgage crisis."
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104387 Mar 26, 2014
When I was a kid I cut a full page picture out of Rolling Stone of Linda Ronstadt sitting on a tabletop in a miniskirt so that you could clearly see her panties and the twin mounds of her pudenda. Then I glued a big hairy curl I'd cut off my beard on the wedge of white and nailed it up on a jobsite. I think it improved efficiency 50%... at least on that portion of the jobsite...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104388 Mar 26, 2014
Yard sale?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1104389 Mar 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry libtardulant. I don't read fiction books.
lol! I know.

You write them....
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104390 Mar 26, 2014
Coward? Coward? What'd I do, overload your server?
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104391 Mar 26, 2014
I'm mentally ill. Can anyone help me. I was thinking Obama was going to save my sorry azz, but it ain't heppenen'

I need some crack.

Being a Democrat is depressing.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1104392 Mar 26, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
figures you would know that...

are you sure the pages aren't just sticky?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1104393 Mar 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you are ever able to confirm is just how stupid and racist that you are. Every day you come on and basically repeat the same monotonous crap over and over, Zimmerman had called 911 47 times in the last 58 days..Idiots like him should never be allowed to even own a gun.He had tried to get on the force but he himself had a criminal record.The kid went to the store to get his girlfriend some skittles, and called her to let her know that he was being followed. At some point he confronted Zimmerman as would most people, and Zimmerman shot and killed him. Only in Florida can you get away with murder that way. You and others that attempt to make Zimmerman the victim are clueless and racist morons. Ignorant People like you are Americas embarrassment.
GFY
KMA
FK-IDIOT.
"poop"
He, Zimmerman, was found innocent.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1104394 Mar 26, 2014
Dong trying to splain things from a liberal retards point of view! Baawwaahhh!!!!
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The initial problems was the banks sold mortgages to Freddie / Fannie that didn't meet the guideline as prescribed by them. The banks agreed to that stipulation when they sold those loans. Therefore, the original fraud was done by the banks who wanted to 'churn' the mortgages so they could generate more mortgages. The subprimes weren't really the problem.. it was the originators... the people who practiced 'capitalism' who created the mess. This is why banks are still in trouble today.
And oh btw, CRA didn't have much to do with it....
http://www.minneapolisfed.org/publications_pa... ;
"...Another way to measure the relationship between the CRA and the subprime crisis is to examine foreclosure activity across neighborhoods that are classified by income. Data made available by RealtyTrac on foreclosure filings from January 2006 through August 2008 indicate that most foreclosure filings (e.g., about 70 percent in 2006) have taken place in middle- or higher-income neighborhoods. More important, foreclosure filings have increased at a faster pace in middle- or higher-income areas than in lower-income areas that are the focus of the CRA.9/(See Table 7.)
Two basic points emerge from our analysis of the available data. First, only a small portion of subprime mortgage originations is related to the CRA. Second, CRA-related loans appear to perform comparably to other types of subprime loans. Taken together, the available evidence seems to run counter to the contention that the CRA contributed in any substantive way to the current mortgage crisis."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Dr Guru 219,251
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min TRD 70,820
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 1 hr dragoneye82 35
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 6,544
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 72,036
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,841
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 3 hr Joe Balls 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 hr CrunchyBacon 103,111

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages