Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275911 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1103403 Mar 25, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
Obama's war on Women..
Female Share of Federal Workforce Declining Under Obama
http://conservatives4palin.com/2014/03/cns-fe...
Where to put working thought...

Under?

What's left to focus on in Politics?

Science has placed it's mark science and technology...

As much as my sense tells me to a show that was aired a few years back and INVENTION to not be shy a bit about any of it...

New and wire tapping and how much to one's self peeks through...

As to anyone's in an event as to what all actually has happened...

To know what some speak of or about is to what they have seen not done...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1103404 Mar 25, 2014
Somebodies posts are getting removed faster than they can post them. Wonder who?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103405 Mar 25, 2014
Like having lost your air before utterly and completely you know how you are born in the first the breath and not to all have they lost it so far and to re gain and just wasting your breath is what it is like...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103406 Mar 25, 2014
Low life to what that is besides to what actually could be lower...

And then lower to that were in defense it was nt...etc..

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1103408 Mar 25, 2014
Payroll Tax Cut Extension Could Bring Economic Benefits
Not extending the cut, say economists, could further threaten a shaky economy.

By Danielle Kurtzleben Nov. 28, 2011 Leave a Comment SHARE
It looks like a political battle that the president just might win. Back from Thanksgiving break, congressional Democrats are looking to extend the year-old cut in the payroll tax, which is paid by both workers and employers. Insiders are saying it's a potential area for bipartisan agreement. Political winner or not, many economists say that the tax cut provides clear economic benefits, especially when compared to the alternative.

The tax cut is set to expire on December 31. Senate Democrats are pushing an extension, that would further trim this tax, once levied at a rate of 6.2 percent but trimmed a year ago to 4.2 percent, to 3.1 percent. The plan would also cut the tax paid by employers on the first $5 million of their payrolls. The tax cut is currently worth an estimated $934 to the average family, according to the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.

[See how minorities might boost Obama in 2012, despite the economy.]

Macroeconomic Advisers has estimated that the expiration of the tax cuts could reduce GDP growth by a half a percentage point and cost the economy 400,000 jobs by the fourth quarter of 2012. And dollar for dollar, keeping the temporary payroll tax cut into 2012 would boost the economy more than other tax cuts, like making the Bush tax cuts permanent or cutting the corporate tax rate, as Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics, has shown.

The potential downsides to the extension are minimal compared to the economic stimulus that they provide, according to Chuck Marr, director of federal tax policy at the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities. "I think the risks are on the other side. There is the risk that it would expire and it would be a negative event. Every paycheck in the country would go down on January 1," he says.

Yet keeping the tax cut is not without cost. The holiday enacted one year ago cut Social Security payroll taxes from 6.2 to 4.2 percent, meaning there is less money being collected to fund the already endangered Social Security system.

Repeatedly extending the holiday could be problematic, acknowledges Marr. "Certainly if it became commonplace you'd have to worry about Social Security," he says, adding that "Social Security is going to need more taxes, not less." But risking further economic problems is too great a price to pay, he believes, compared to the hit that Social Security would take from two years of payroll tax cuts.

Providing an extra $1,000 per year to many American families will also mean taking money from somewhere else—in this case, wealthy Americans. To pay for the extension, Democrats have proposed a 3.25 percent tax surcharge on income topping $1 million. Such proposals have repeatedly met with opposition from Republicans in Congress.

Grover Norquist, the president of anti-tax group Americans for Tax Reform, says that however Congress chooses to offset the tax cut, lawmakers should be careful to ensure that they do not further hurt the economy. "If you are continuing [the tax cut] and raise some other tax, then you'd have to make a judgment call on whether the tax you raise did more damage to the economy than the one you are cutting."

However, the benefits of such a tax cut may far outweigh the effects of a tax on millionaires. The top earners tend to spend much smaller percentages of their disposable income than working- or middle-class people, who often live paycheck-to-paycheck and are more likely to spend extra money in their pockets.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1103409 Mar 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm betting you know all tooo well what that feels like, huh sissy? You idiots will believe anything.!!! BOO!!! There you just did it again.
did you ever wonder why Hillary Clinton only wears pant suits? it is because Hillary Clinton also wear diapers. What better way to hide to hide Hillary Clinton's diapers. BOO!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103410 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> And? All that means is more of you pinheads get their news from libtard sites. Be surprise there! She was coming on the local talk show long before she started HuffPo. As iI said she was middle of the road till she found out being a libtard paid better. That should tell you something but it won't. It will fly right over your head.
Republicans flock to The Huffington Post

When Tom Coburn wanted to pitch his criticism of the Democrats’ health care plan last month, the senator’s office considered sympathetic media outlets like The Wall Street Journal and the conservative blog RedState.

Instead, the Oklahoma Republican went with The Huffington Post.

Despite its liberal leanings, Republican member and aides have begun heading to The Huffington Post to talk up their views.

Arianna Huffington, who co-founded the eponymous site four years ago this month, said that increased Republican engagement “is a reflection of our traffic, our brand, and the fact that we are increasingly seen ... as an Internet newspaper, not positioned ideologically in terms of how we cover the news.”

That's not exactly how the Republicans see it. While GOP aides say they're treated fairly by Huffington Post reporters, they know that their views are likely to take a beating from the site’s bloggers, commenters and headline writers.

But the opportunity for impact is irresistible.

Just as Democrats learned to love — or at least understand — the Drudge Report, Republicans flock to The Huffington Post largely because of the site’s broad reach. In April, The Huffington Post brought in a record 8.8 million unique visitors, according to Nielsen — a number that includes quite a few mainstream media journalists and cable news producers.

“With The Huffington Post, particularly, we see a lot of value in engaging with people who wouldn’t necessarily be inclined to agree with our point of view,” said Coburn press secretary John Hart, who added that it's one of a handful of sites that can have an instant impact on the national debate.

“HuffPo and [Talking Points Memo] really are the assignment editors for many in the Washington press corps — particularly the cables,” said Brian Rogers, who was a spokesman for Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign.“That’s not just a Republican hack saying it — that’s speaking as a press guy fielding calls and e-mails daily from the MSM that start with,‘Did you see this thing on Huffington Post?’ They were effective and they wasted a lot of our time.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/228...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103411 Mar 25, 2014
About Authorities and how people have gained their rights?

Is it it was to employ...

A work in force to creating or to plain and simply first it would be to occupy a task undone to who needed a work done?

I honestly feel to even try to still place anything in words to it's real depth meaning is waste ful...less than...

Where is it that you read more than wow eyepopping in color and all as to Galore way far out there and on the other side it's down right all dead...

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1103412 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The title to the article was: "Galveston oil spill: Does oil boom mean more spills?"
No sense in giving you any links. You obviously don't look at them.
I have to admit, I didn't open the link, but I have since read it. You seem to be against the pipeline, calling people dimwits, and then post a link that gives good reason to build a pipeline.
We're a very long way to go toward cleaner source of energy.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1103413 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Thought the House did the budget? Who was in charge of Congress? Remember,there hasn't been a budget passed since. We are running the government on continuing resolutions!!!
Flack's view

Democrat President - Democrat Congress - Democrat fault.

Demorat President Republican House - Democrat fault

Republican President Democrat congress - Democrats fault.

Republican President for nearly 7 years, Republican Congresses for nearly 12 years - Democrat's fault led by a minority member of Congress, Superman Barney Frank.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1103414 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Would just be interested if anyone knows...
Has there been any legislation passed in Congress on a strictly Republican vote and signed by a Republican president as far-reaching and comprehensive as the ACA?
Can't find any.
Can you recall a time when Democrats took a blood oath to oppose and obstruct proposed legislation by a Republican president even if it was their damned idea in the first place?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103415 Mar 25, 2014
Private declaration in time as we are in it to a quick view and to sensory to what is instilled ...

A whole if so you want to call it a class a gender Group a of the opposite in a what we are all to begin BREED...

To a new in an Occupation something more positive in a do doing and how after some things it had been placed some had been and to un employing being fired....

Was today your day to get that short straw....

When classes are done with taken...

To keep in that remain of that what should be marked as accomplished to further ahead....

When steps were jumped in educating.... Not all too sure about that in length for some take it on years and others it's courses....To what serves whom best....

It is really a hard ship alone to figure out the way how to get around town with out the proper Transportation OUT proper to situation....

Funds and how we come about achieving them to Conquer...

Survival I was told first of all after....AFTER what was it again???

Maybe you recall remember...

Supplies in Medical...

That is a whole other another issue...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1103416 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
Payroll Tax Cut Extension Could Bring Economic Benefits
Not extending the cut, say economists, could further threaten a shaky economy.
By Danielle Kurtzleben Nov. 28, 2011 Leave a Comment SHARE
It looks like a political battle that the president just might win. Back from Thanksgiving break, congressional Democrats are looking to extend the year-old cut in the payroll tax, which is paid by both workers and employers. Insiders are saying it's a potential area for bipartisan agreement. Political winner or not, many economists say that the tax cut provides clear economic benefits, especially when compared to the alternative.
The tax cut is set to expire on December 31. Senate Democrats are pushing an extension, that would further trim this tax, once levied at a rate of 6.2 percent but trimmed a year ago to 4.2 percent, to 3.1 percent. The plan would also cut the tax paid by employers on the first $5 million of their payrolls. The tax cut is currently worth an estimated $934 to the average family, according to the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.
[See how minorities might boost Obama in 2012, despite the economy.]
Macroeconomic Advisers has estimated that the expiration of the tax cuts could reduce GDP growth by a half a percentage point and cost the economy 400,000 jobs by the fourth quarter of 2012. And dollar for dollar, keeping the temporary payroll tax cut into 2012 would boost the economy more than other tax cuts, like making the Bush tax cuts permanent or cutting the corporate tax rate, as Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics, has shown.
The potential downsides to the extension are minimal compared to the economic stimulus that they provide, according to Chuck Marr, director of federal tax policy at the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities. "I think the risks are on the other side. There is the risk that it would expire and it would be a negative event. Every paycheck in the country would go down on January 1," he says.
Yet keeping the tax cut is not without cost. The holiday enacted one year ago cut Social Security payroll taxes from 6.2 to 4.2 percent, meaning there is less money being collected to fund the already endangered Social Security system.
Repeatedly extending the holiday could be problematic, acknowledges Marr. "Certainly if it became commonplace you'd have to worry about Social Security," he says, adding that "Social Security is going to need more taxes, not less." But risking further economic problems is too great a price to pay, he believes, compared to the hit that Social Security would take from two years of payroll tax cuts.
Providing an extra $1,000 per year to many American families will also mean taking money from somewhere else—in this case, wealthy Americans. To pay for the extension, Democrats have proposed a 3.25 percent tax surcharge on income topping $1 million. Such proposals have repeatedly met with opposition from Republicans in Congress.
Grover Norquist, the president of anti-tax group Americans for Tax Reform, says that however Congress chooses to offset the tax cut, lawmakers should be careful to ensure that they do not further hurt the economy. "If you are continuing [the tax cut] and raise some other tax, then you'd have to make a judgment call on whether the tax you raise did more damage to the economy than the one you are cutting."
However, the benefits of such a tax cut may far outweigh the effects of a tax on millionaires. The top earners tend to spend much smaller percentages of their disposable income than working- or middle-class people, who often live paycheck-to-paycheck and are more likely to spend extra money in their pockets.
Chuck Marr was evidently too stupid t know that the use of the payroll tax was just a mechanism for a tax break for working Americans. The money lost to SS from that break was replaced by funds out of the general fund as required when the tax break passed Congress.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1103417 Mar 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I am poor, and cannot afford the more expensive CFL bulbs do I get a waiver?
A waiver for what dimwit? Incandescent bulbs are still available and legal to buy. Buying them however is dumb. They use more electricity and due to the fact that they produce more heat than light they burn out faster. In the long run despite an initially higher price CFLs are cheaper.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1103418 Mar 25, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The most polluted area in Chicago is the airport, shut it down.
Or LA traffic. People should walk or ride a bicycle. Cars are polluting the air with carcinogenic exhaust fumes.

Close down power plants and certain industries and outlaw woodstoves used to heat homes too. They also produce air pollutants that can cause lung cancer.

Maybe we should all stop breathing while the PC police brainwashes us to ostracize smokers.
Both are equally ridiculous.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1103419 Mar 25, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you recall a time when Democrats took a blood oath to oppose and obstruct proposed legislation by a Republican president even if it was their damned idea in the first place?
How stupid! Do you always answer questions with questions? The UCA was unique and the majority of people didn't want it, still don't in it's present form.

You are an idiot, DUH-Pont.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103420 Mar 25, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit, I didn't open the link, but I have since read it. You seem to be against the pipeline, calling people dimwits, and then post a link that gives good reason to build a pipeline.
We're a very long way to go toward cleaner source of energy.
Yeah like the researchers of what a day in age?

The you know I know this is an EVil must be that or something or wait yeah GOD...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1103421 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck Marr was evidently too stupid t know that the use of the payroll tax was just a mechanism for a tax break for working Americans. The money lost to SS from that break was replaced by funds out of the general fund as required when the tax break passed Congress.
..and a cow jumped over the Moon!

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103422 Mar 25, 2014
How far people could take their Frustrations?
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1103423 Mar 25, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Aborted Babies in England Incinerated to Heat Hospitals-liberals consider it green energy.
Well good just maybe we have found a use for your worthless 300 pounds of flaming crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 197,021
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Pennie Lane 6,418
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr IB DaMann 54,513
DONALD TRUMP REVEALED as NIGERIAN PRINCE ! ..bi... 6 hr TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 1
Loan shark, loan lender, Apply for loan offer 6 hr MonicaJ 1
Fast loan needed for urgent purpose?. Apply now. (Apr '14) 6 hr MonicaJ 2
Hillary fires up crowd in Iowa. 12 hr Pianolegs blows GAS 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages