Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,013,861 - 1,013,880 of 1,100,503 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102783 Mar 24, 2014
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said Sunday that former Massachusetts governor and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is suffering from "political amnesia" in his recent criticisms of President Barack Obama's foreign policy.

Appearing on CBS' "Face the Nation," Durbin criticized Romney for saying "it's hard to think of a single country that has greater respect and admiration for America today than it did five years ago."

"Governor Romney's suffering from political amnesia," Durbin said. "Does he remember the reaction of the rest of the world to our invasion of Iraq? The fact is that many of our stalwart allies of the past thought it was a terrible decision. What President Obama has done is restore a working relationship."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/23/dick...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1102784 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it looks that way Boris. Go knock yourself out son!
Nostridumbass no doubt.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1102785 Mar 24, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Global warming, at it again...
"One Reason It May Be Harder to Find Flight 370: We Messed Up the Currents"
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/0...
Yet another Dumbass right whiner global warming denier.

Climates in many areas are dependent on ocean currents remaining how they are.

MMGW deniers are dumber than sh*(t.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1102786 Mar 24, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy! Here we go again.
He is lying just as you did with your dishonest story.

There is no way that a person buying health insurance as an individual would not be able to buy an equivalent product cheaper in the exchanges.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1102787 Mar 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, except that there is no "liberal" media; it's a total myth like unicorns.
If you believe that liberal media bias is a myth, you believe in anything:

a whistle is better than a gun;
black conservatives are Uncle Toms;
female conservatives are scolds;
tolerance requires calling terror ‘workplace violence’;
the Tea Party is more harmful than drug lords;
Occupy Wall Streeters were cuddly muppets.

In order to deny left-leaning media bias, you got to deny studies of voting practices of journalists, which reveal liberal purity; the frothy leftism of the journalistic launching pad that is the leafy campus; the scandals where journalists conspired to smear righties as racist; that journalistic whistle-blowing is always left on right and it’s never the reverse (see Benghazi, as opposed to [Valerie] Plame); the threesome that occurs whenever a lefty shows up on ‘60 Minutes.’

Fox is the only channel that disputes the mainstream media’s kool-aid pushing echo chamber.

For the last 40 years or so, the liberal media elite have waged a cultural war to:

*Make good things viewed as bad and bad things viewed as good (remember the disdain expressed by Obama for those who cling to their guns and religion).

* Replace common sense with political correctness.

* Warped values (patriotism is seen as a mental defect).

* A war against heterosexual marriage that killed the two-parent family especially among lower income minorities as it encouraged multi-generational poverty.

* Romantic outlaw status for murderous enemies of America like the Weather Underground, Mumia Abu-Jamal, the story about the Boston Marathon bombers on the front page of Time where little was mentioned of people losing life and limbs.

The liberal agenda is continuously pushed by the Flower Power types who run the media, the networks, the Hollywood studios and even the Justice Department.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1102788 Mar 24, 2014
Good morning to all my big gov't leftist comrades! Keep celebrating all the failures and lies from the left. We're all waiting for the turds to come clean that you keep polishing!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102789 Mar 24, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe that liberal media bias is a myth, you believe in anything:
a whistle is better than a gun;
black conservatives are Uncle Toms;
female conservatives are scolds;
tolerance requires calling terror ‘workplace violence’;
the Tea Party is more harmful than drug lords;
Occupy Wall Streeters were cuddly muppets.
In order to deny left-leaning media bias, you got to deny studies of voting practices of journalists, which reveal liberal purity; the frothy leftism of the journalistic launching pad that is the leafy campus; the scandals where journalists conspired to smear righties as racist; that journalistic whistle-blowing is always left on right and it’s never the reverse (see Benghazi, as opposed to [Valerie] Plame); the threesome that occurs whenever a lefty shows up on ‘60 Minutes.’
Fox is the only channel that disputes the mainstream media’s kool-aid pushing echo chamber.
For the last 40 years or so, the liberal media elite have waged a cultural war to:
*Make good things viewed as bad and bad things viewed as good (remember the disdain expressed by Obama for those who cling to their guns and religion).
* Replace common sense with political correctness.
* Warped values (patriotism is seen as a mental defect).
* A war against heterosexual marriage that killed the two-parent family especially among lower income minorities as it encouraged multi-generational poverty.
* Romantic outlaw status for murderous enemies of America like the Weather Underground, Mumia Abu-Jamal, the story about the Boston Marathon bombers on the front page of Time where little was mentioned of people losing life and limbs.
The liberal agenda is continuously pushed by the Flower Power types who run the media, the networks, the Hollywood studios and even the Justice Department.
just looks like you're not happy about the right wing media not being considered mainstream.

mainly because they aren't. when you consider that there are only 3 million FOXbots.....

which also explains why FOXbots are always trying to be the loudest voice in the room: they're always outnumbered.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102790 Mar 24, 2014
The Tea Party and Wall Street Might Not Be Best Friends Forever, But They Are for Now

There seems to be some confusion about the relationship between the Tea Party and Wall Street. New York magazine's Jonathan Chait says the two "are friends after all," while the Washington Examiner's Tim Carney insists that the Tea Party has loosened the business lobby's "grip on the GOP." So let’s make this clear: The Tea Party agenda is currently aligned with the Wall Street agenda.

The Tea Party's theory of the financial crisis has absolved Wall Street completely. Instead, the crisis is interpreted according to two pillars of reactionary thought: that the government is a fundamentally corrupt enterprise trying to give undeserving people free stuff, and that hard money should rule the day. This will have major consequences for the future of reform, should the GOP take the Senate this fall.

On the Hill, it’s hard to find where the Tea Party and Wall Street disagree. Tea Party senators like Mike Lee, Rand Paul, and Ted Cruz, plus conservative senators like David Vitter, have rallied around a one-line bill repealing the entirety of Dodd-Frank and replacing it with nothing. In the House, Republicans are attacking new derivatives regulations, all the activities of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the existence of the Volcker Rule, and the ability of the FDIC to wind down a major financial institution, while relentlessly attacking strong regulators and cutting regulatory funding. This is Wall Street’s wet dream of a policy agenda.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117109/tea...

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1102791 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got out of rehab so I should be sober for a week or two.
What have you done to the real Yeah?

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1102792 Mar 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way that a person buying health insurance as an individual would not be able to buy an equivalent product cheaper in the exchanges.
Only you would believe that adding pre-existing conditions and expanding Medicaid would lower costs. Not very good at math, are you? Or, does money grow on trees?

Point out the lie. My daughter's healthcare doubled with the offered plans in the exchange with the anticipated subsidy figured in. That's a fact.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102793 Mar 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You never provide any basis for your lies son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102794 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So true,That pretty much sums it up.
Yes, you are deranged son. At least you admit it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1102795 Mar 24, 2014
"I'm a proud black man." Said the black man.

"I'm a proud Mexican woman." Said the Mexican woman.

"I'm a proud gay man." Said the gay man.

"I'm a proud Asian man." Said the Asian man.

"I'm a proud transgender." Said the transgender."

"I'm a proud Native American." Said the Native American.

"I'm a proud white man." Said the racist.
dem

United States

#1102796 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are deranged son. At least you admit it!
Morning, disgraced tea bag idiot
dem

United States

#1102797 Mar 24, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>Only you would believe that adding pre-existing conditions and expanding Medicaid would lower costs. Not very good at math, are you? Or, does money grow on trees?

Point out the lie. My daughter's healthcare doubled with the offered plans in the exchange with the anticipated subsidy figured in. That's a fact.
We have already gotten to bottom of that one. Your daughter is a fkn idiot that was happy to be under-insured. Then she was shocked that adult insurance cost more.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1102798 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are deranged son. At least you admit it!
Then I would be a bagger...Pussified coward say what?
M Stein

New York, NY

#1102799 Mar 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your delusional hate warped mind Carol.
Delusional and hate warped, the party who believes in infantcide because it can be conveniently called abortion.

The lefties have outdone themselves by combining infantcide with being green:

"Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals

The remains of more than 15,000 babies were incinerated as 'clinical waste' by hospitals in Britain with some used in 'waste to energy' plants

The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found.

Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat.

Last night the Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’

At least 15,500 fetal remains were incinerated by 27 NHS trusts over the last two years alone, Channel 4’s Dispatches discovered.

One of the country’s leading hospitals, Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge, incinerated 797 babies below 13 weeks gestation at their own ‘waste to energy’ plant. The mothers were told the remains had been ‘cremated.’

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/...

Now of course, the kool-aid drinkers here will fault the source while excusing the crime and saying life doesn't begin at conception.
dem

United States

#1102800 Mar 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
"I'm a proud black man." Said the black man.

"I'm a proud Mexican woman." Said the Mexican woman.

"I'm a proud gay man." Said the gay man.

"I'm a proud Asian man." Said the Asian man.

"I'm a proud transgender." Said the transgender."

"I'm a proud Native American." Said the Native American.

"I'm a proud white man." Said the racist.
Lol!
Proud white man is racist cause he calls our president; ape, boy, Kenyan, and of course the n word in your emails.
dem

United States

#1102801 Mar 24, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Delusional and hate warped, the party who believes in infantcide because it can be conveniently called abortion.

The lefties have outdone themselves by combining infantcide with being green:

"Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals

The remains of more than 15,000 babies were incinerated as 'clinical waste' by hospitals in Britain with some used in 'waste to energy' plants

The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found.

Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat.

Last night the Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’

At least 15,500 fetal remains were incinerated by 27 NHS trusts over the last two years alone, Channel 4Â’s Dispatches discovered.

One of the country’s leading hospitals, Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge, incinerated 797 babies below 13 weeks gestation at their own ‘waste to energy’ plant. The mothers were told the remains had been ‘cremated.’

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/...

Now of course, the kool-aid drinkers here will fault the source while excusing the crime and saying life doesn't begin at conception.
Touch it, jane you ignorant sl ut.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1102802 Mar 24, 2014
Florida Supreme Court throws out malpractice caps

TALLAHASSEE — Florida's Supreme Court tossed out a hard-fought 2003 state law limiting damages in medical-malpractice cases, saying the cap served only to "arbitrarily punish the most grievously injured" or their families.

In doing so, justices gave a huge victory to plaintiffs' lawyers who fiercely opposed limits on so-called "noneconomic" damages. It also dealt a huge blow to doctors, who have made a priority of reining in medical-malpractice lawsuits.

The 5-2 decision sided with the family of a Panhandle woman who died of complications after giving birth.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/health/os-medical...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 8 min andet1987 4,656
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,408
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Rick Moss 68,994
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Quinn Pro Quo 1,909
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,938
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Heisenberg 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Dick Topick 49,534
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE