Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1102811 Mar 24, 2014
Here come the usual suspects. LOL!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1102812 Mar 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he and all other libs are. No interest on savings account forces savers into the stock market, making the banks and the 1% er's even richer. White american liberals, the stupidest group of people to ever walk this planet.
A reichwinger complaining about those who invest in the stock market. Now that's a new one.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1102813 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I both know that's all political crap, since when have the Republicans ever cared about the less fortunate, health care for anyone including children, millions starve to death annually and not a peep from those hypocrites. Hell they are cutting off food for the children right now. I wonder how many adopted children old Stein has. I'll bet I know already. The Republican party has to be the most twofaced hypocrites alive. They are always looking for any reason to make them look concerned or caring. Hell those morons have to take classes on how to communicate with women. How any self thinking person can't see through these transparent fools is beyond comprehension.
Show me one story of a child starving to death in this country that wasn't because of neglect of the parent/guardian you ignorant old fool! It doesn't happen!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102814 Mar 24, 2014
Malaysia Prime Minister: Flight MH370 Ended In The Indian Ocean

He said the data indicated the plane flew "to a remote location, far from any possible landing sites."

"It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, Flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."

He said Malaysia Airlines has informed the families of passengers of the plane's fate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/mh37...

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1102815 Mar 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in your daughters diet woes. But if she's gonna eat like that, at least have coverage that includes diabetes. I bet her original plan didn't cover it.
You seem to have a comprehension problem. She has no diet woes. That was the point. I would venture to guess that most pre-existing conditions are heart problems.

BTW, her original plan did cover it. Tell me how the deductibles in the Obamacare plans are going to be any different.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102816 Mar 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Here come the usual suspects. LOL!!
you're already here.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102817 Mar 24, 2014
Rick Scott’s Top Latino Fundraiser Leaves Campaign After Campaign Staff Allegedly Made Racist Jokes

Fernandez’s departure from the campaign is the latest blow to Florida Republicans’ outreach efforts. Last May, the RNC’s State Director of Hispanic Outreach, specifically hired to attract more Hispanic voters in Florida, resigned and registered as a Democrat after noting his former party’s “culture of intolerance.” Earlier this year, Ana Rivas Logan, a former Republican state representative, changed her party affiliation because she felt the GOP was becoming “a party that attacks women and minorities.”

Scott’s campaign manager Melissa Sellers tried to downplay the severity of the racist remarks that supposedly motivated Fernandez’s departure, but stopped short of denying they took place.“Mike was not in the van,” she told the Miami Herald via email.“I spoke to every staffer in the van…If something was said in an accent, no one remembers what it was. We are a diverse organization and we do not tolerate inappropriate comments.”

In his four years as governor, Rick Scott has faced tremendous backlash from the state’s sizable Latino population after supporting legislation like HB 7089, which contained many similar provisions to those found in Arizona’s controversial SB 1070 bill. He is also the chief architect and staunchest defender of many of the state’s voter suppression efforts, which Republicans have admitted was targeted at the state’s minority population, a constituency that has historically favored Democrats by a wide margin.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2014/03/24/...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102818 Mar 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Polling expert Nate Silver has come out with a new forecast: Republicans are currently favorites to take control of the Senate this fall. That prediction could open Democratic wallets.
Christian Science Monitor By Mark Sappenfield
10 hours ago
Nate Silver, the political prognosticator pilloried by Republicans for correctly predicting President Obama's convincing victory in 2012, has perhaps just given the GOP another reason to curse him.
He has predicted that Republicans are better than even odds to take back the Senate this November.
At first blush, that might seem like something for Republicans to celebrate. Control of the Senate is the Grand Prize up for grabs in this fall's midterm elections. Few doubt that Republicans will hold on to the House, and most also acknowledge that Republicans are likely to cut into the Democrats' 55-to-45 majority in the Senate.(There are actually only 53 Senate Democrats, but both Senate Independents side with the Democrats.)
Suck on that, if the sailors will give you a break
Funny. There's nothing to suck on there.

I wonder what your point is? I wonder if you know what your point is?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1102819 Mar 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Show me one story of a child starving to death in this country that wasn't because of neglect of the parent/guardian you ignorant old fool! It doesn't happen!!!
Show me which party fought tooth & nail to keep 40 billion oil subsidies yet voted to cut food stamps by 8 billion.

Show me the party that voted to leave tens of millions of Americans without health Insurance.

Show me which party's Governors voted to stop free heath care to millions of their constituents for political purposes.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1102820 Mar 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're already here.
Now the unusual suspects are here.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102821 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
The nitwit and liar is you! You prove it every day son.
lol! awww..... you poor baby. suffering from an identity crisis again.

There's no hope! No hope at all for you!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102822 Mar 24, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Yeah is moving over from the dark side.
lol! Shows how the really dark side operates!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102823 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it looks that way Boris. Go knock yourself out son!
lol! You obviously have knocked yourself in the head son.

Seems to be a regular habit!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102824 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got out of rehab so I should be sober for a week or two.
lol! No son. I think you should go back in.

You're still clueless!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102825 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Nostridumbass no doubt.
Where's Carol to claim only non cons 'steal' people's identities?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102826 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
You never provide any basis for your lies son!
lol! You wouldn't know the truth son.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1102827 Mar 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Show me one story of a child starving to death in this country that wasn't because of neglect of the parent/guardian you ignorant old fool! It doesn't happen!!!
Your inability to read along with comprehend is very obvious. Just where in my statement did I say that American children, so children in general don't matter, huh. Isn't that pretty much my contention to begin with? Politically motivated. We have many children that go to bed hungry every day and I'm sure there are some cases where they have died from malnutrition. Besides you ignorant fool, there are lots of ways to die from not getting the proper nutritious foods. Now go clutter up the board with your mindless copy and paste crap. You lowlife creep....MOONLOON.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1102828 Mar 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. You claimed I was lying about the doubling of my quote, now my sister in law tells me her individual policy was cancelled and a new one will be double under Ostupidakare.
She can't afford that, you gonna help her pay for it? Is cockroach lying dirtbag Obama?
While his fat assed wife wastes millions in China?
I have yet to hear a single one of these stories where it didn't turn out the person complaining was only covered for a catastrophic event. That is not insurance. No one can believe a word you people say.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1102830 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are deranged son. At least you admit it!
lol! Actually son, you prove you're deranged.

You just don't know it.... like most reich wingers!

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1102832 Mar 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to sell that goddamned lie Carol? The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was the first thing the administration worked on and it wasn't too different from a stimulus package that Mitt Romney proposed back in 2008.
You also seem to forget, or more likely choose to ignore is that the ACA was built on a blueprint drawn by the Heritage Foundation.
The Republicans had no intention of any kind of bipartisan legislation nitwit. They took a blood oath to block and obstruct anything that this President proposed even if it was their own idea in the first place.
You're an idiot Carol!
Since you are a self-proclaimed Christian, I should remind you of the third commandment.“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain."

The Senate plan from 1993 was not identical to Obamacare. The Republican bill did not expand Medicaid as Obamacare does, it had medical malpractice tort reform which the current law does not and, unlike the current employer mandate, the 1993 plan required employers to offer insurance but were under no obligation to help pay for it.

There were a variety of health care reform bills proposed by Republicans during that same time and a lot of opposition from both Republicans as well as Democrats.

The main difference is the Republicans didn't force anything on anyone and they wouldn't have passed it on a strictly partisan vote anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Brian_G 49,220
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 71,041
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 68,883
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Justice1313 51,253
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Guru 181,833
New Beach Boys song. 11 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 12 hr _Zoey_ 363
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH