Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1384345 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103933 Mar 25, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Ma'am if you're a day under 80 years old I'd call you a liar.
Missy, if you claimed your IQ was over 80, we'd all call you a liar. Of course we already do, daily.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103935 Mar 25, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't see that one coming! LOL!
You baggers are clever. But how does calling me a racist in anyway prove you don't hate Obama because he's black? Think now, gramps. I'm three moves ahead of you.
The only moves you have are in your nasty, stinking bowels and they end up in a Depends.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103937 Mar 25, 2014
dem wrote:
See how nice this place is after a little clean up?
Your stench is still overwhelming, go away, troll.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103938 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Interesting facts:
"Tankers and barges moved 70 million barrels of crude oil and petroleum products from the Midwest (including newly oil-rich North Dakota) to the Gulf Coast in 2013, according to the US Energy Information Administration. That's more than double what was shipped in 2008."
"Companies have also turned increasingly to rail as a means for transporting oil. In 2013, US trains transported around 400,000 carloads of crude oil, up from 9,500 carloads in 2008, according to the Association of American Railroads (AAR). A spate of oil train accidents earlier this year and in late 2012 raised scrutiny over the safety of transporting crude by rail."
And yet, we have dingbats believing that the Keystone pipeline will provide us with lower gasoline prices. Willful ignorance.
http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Energy-V...
We have liberal know nothing saps who believe 35 people can maintain a 1700 mile long pipeline.

The $5.3-billion Keystone XL Pipeline Project is the largest infrastructure project currently proposed in the United States. Construction of the 1,179-mile pipeline will require 9,000 skilled American workers. The project will provide jobs for welders, mechanics, electricians, pipefitters, laborers, safety coordinators, heavy equipment operators and other workers who rely on large construction projects for their livelihoods.

In addition to construction jobs, an estimated 7,000 U.S. jobs are being supported in manufacturing the steel pipe and the thousands of fittings, valves, pumps and control devices required for a major oil pipeline.

TransCanada has contracts with more than 50 suppliers across the U.S., including companies in Texas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas, California and Pennsylvania.

TransCanada employed 4,844 Americans in Oklahoma and Texas on construction of the $2.3-billion Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year.

Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.

The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.

- See more at: http://keystone-xl.com/about/jobs-and-economi ...

----------

The lying failure Il Douche hasn't created 1 job.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1103939 Mar 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you baggers always got your mind on another mans di ck .
Here ya go, ghost: if you can snatch that sidewalk sausage within 5 seconds after the dog drops it, it's good to go!

Fact or Fiction?: The 5-Second Rule for Dropped Food

* There may be some actual science behind this popular deadline for retrieving grounded goodies

SA: http://tinyurl.com/k7pkt9e

Eat Hardy, Pal!

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103940 Mar 25, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Violent tea party types.
Like these savage, racist, criminal relatives of you and Il Douche?

200 black teens RIOT in Louisville Sat night robbing, assaulting white people ...
&#9658;&#9658;
therightscoop.com/200-teens-riot-in-louisvill... ;
1 day ago
Riots broke out in Louisville, Kentucky on Saturday night, according to WDRB News, when 200 teens began ...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103942 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack, a PhD in economics, does know what a recession is & what cutting government spending during a recession does.
Stimulus actions during a recession & its recovery help speed up that recovery. Republican actions by blocking these efforts just weaken the recovery & drag out the effects of the recession.
I find it funnier than sh*t that all these "OMG OMG government spending" people support the very same people who, through unfunded spending & lashing revenues, created this recession in the first place.
If cutting taxes works every time, lets cut taxes by 5% every year & within a couple of decades, we will have a booming economy & no one will pay any taxes.
The Bush economy:

"Democrats like to claim the 1990s were a golden age while the Bush years have been disastrous. But as the nearby chart shows, Mr. Bush inherited a recession. The dot-com bubble had burst in 2000, and the economy was sinking even before the shock of 9/11, the corporate scandals and Sarbanes-Oxley. Mr. Bush's original tax-cut proposal was designed in part as insurance against such a downturn."

"However, to win over Senate Democrats, Mr. Bush both phased in the tax rate reductions and settled for politically popular but economically feckless tax rebate checks. Those checks provided a short-term lift to consumer spending but no real boost to risk-taking or business investment, which was still recovering from the tech implosion. By late 2002, the economy was struggling again -- which is when Mr. Bush proposed his second round of tax cuts."

"This time the tax rate reductions were immediate, and they included cuts in capital gains and dividends designed to spur business incentives. As the tax cuts became law in late May 2003, the recovery began in earnest. Growth averaged nearly 4% over the next three years, the jobless rate fell from 6.3% in June 2003 to 4.4% in October 2006, and real wages began to grow despite rising food and energy prices. The 2003 tax cut was the high point of Bush economic policy."

"Nonetheless, the budget deficit did fall mid-decade, as tax revenues soared with the expansion. In fiscal 2007, the deficit hit $161 billion, or an economically trivial 1.2% of GDP. That seems like a distant memory after the bailout blowout of the last few months, but the point is that the Bush tax cuts aren't responsible for the deficits. Before the recession hit, federal tax revenues had climbed above their postwar average of 18.3% of GDP."

The WSJ

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103943 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack, a PhD in economics, does know what a recession is & what cutting government spending during a recession does.
Stimulus actions during a recession & its recovery help speed up that recovery. Republican actions by blocking these efforts just weaken the recovery & drag out the effects of the recession.
I find it funnier than sh*t that all these "OMG OMG government spending" people support the very same people who, through unfunded spending & lashing revenues, created this recession in the first place.
If cutting taxes works every time, lets cut taxes by 5% every year & within a couple of decades, we will have a booming economy & no one will pay any taxes.
This is what Il Douche and his trillion dollar deficits have accomplished:
Wealth rebounds — but mostly for the wealthy
By Rick Newman
12 hours ago
The Exchange

America is rich again — if you add up all the money. But a familiar, unhappy tale is playing out as the nation recovers the household wealth lost from 2007 to 2012.

The total amount of household net worth hit a new record of $80.7 trillion at the end of 2013, according to the Federal Reserve. That’s certainly better than the grueling declines that occurred during the twin housing and stock-market busts. But a deeper look at the numbers shows that the kind of wealth held primarily by the affluent — financial assets — has soared beyond prior levels, while the most common middle-class asset — home equity — is still far below prior highs

----------

Where's the jobs, Dopey?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103944 Mar 25, 2014
The banks thank barry

the rich thank barry

Wall Street thanks barry

He's been so good to them

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1103945 Mar 25, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Like these savage, racist, criminal relatives of you and Il Douche?
200 black teens RIOT in Louisville Sat night robbing, assaulting white people ...
&#9658;&#9658;
therightscoop.com/200-teens-riot-in-louisvill... ;
1 day ago
Riots broke out in Louisville, Kentucky on Saturday night, according to WDRB News, when 200 teens began ...
"Americans need to search their hearts about how they treat young black males"

--- Magic Negro
Did you hear the guy with the CCW?

THAT's the response Americans should have to the Magic Negro's Bullchit racism.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103946 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack, a PhD in economics, does know what a recession is & what cutting government spending during a recession does.
Stimulus actions during a recession & its recovery help speed up that recovery. Republican actions by blocking these efforts just weaken the recovery & drag out the effects of the recession.
I find it funnier than sh*t that all these "OMG OMG government spending" people support the very same people who, through unfunded spending & lashing revenues, created this recession in the first place.
If cutting taxes works every time, lets cut taxes by 5% every year & within a couple of decades, we will have a booming economy & no one will pay any taxes.
Shipping jobs overseas?

How about these Il Douche supporters, dopey?

Here's 2 examples of how hypocritical Hollywood supporters have shipped American jobs overseas:

DreamWorks Animation formed a partnership in 2008 with an animation company in Bangalore, India, which is called Paprikaas Interactive Services. Paprikaas offers a wide variety of animation services, including character modeling, set design, and animation for movies, TV shows, and video games. The company counts among its clients Nickelodeon, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft.

In February DreamWorks announced a $2 billion deal with the Chinese government, which involved the building of a production studio in Shanghai. The deal came to fruition just days after Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping made a visit to Los Angeles to meet with Katzenberg. "

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/Outsourcing-Oba ...

Now that you know, I'll expect you to start shreiking immediately, maybe even marching in front of Hollywood studios.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1103947 Mar 25, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Il Douche and his trillion dollar deficits have accomplished:
Wealth rebounds — but mostly for the wealthy
By Rick Newman
12 hours ago
The Exchange
America is rich again — if you add up all the money. But a familiar, unhappy tale is playing out as the nation recovers the household wealth lost from 2007 to 2012.
The total amount of household net worth hit a new record of $80.7 trillion at the end of 2013, according to the Federal Reserve. That’s certainly better than the grueling declines that occurred during the twin housing and stock-market busts. But a deeper look at the numbers shows that the kind of wealth held primarily by the affluent — financial assets — has soared beyond prior levels, while the most common middle-class asset — home equity — is still far below prior highs
----------
Where's the jobs, Dopey?
you really have no idea at all what you are talking about there, do you? i've pointed out your error with this post before, yet once again you post this poor lie..

are you too stupid to learn from your mistakes?

how embarrassing for you.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1103948 Mar 25, 2014
harmonious wrote:
The banks thank barry
the rich thank barry
Wall Street thanks barry
He's been so good to them
jealous? why don't you join in the making of this new wealth/ oh yeah..they actually cut your welfare, didn't they? no wonder you hate obama...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1103950 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what about defending the UK...or France....or the Netherlands???...
Funny.

And here I thought you people adhere to the Constitution.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1103951 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. On Saturday Russia did, indeed, veto a United Nations Security Council resolution (presented by the United States) that declared a planned Sunday referendum on secession in Crimea illegal, casting the sole vote against it. However there are arguments that Russia's action was “as an accomplice to unlawful military incursion” and against the U.N. Charter.
I would hate to see NATO get involved but, certainly, if there is a military action they should lead. I don't believe it will go that far. Russia wanted Crimea and Crimea wanted to be part of Russia. What we are seeing now is just a show of strength and disapproval to reel him in...not that he was going anywhere.
Which is why I think Obama and the rest of the west are looking at the stopping any expansion.

Crimea is a 'gimme.' As you said, they wanted each other. There's not much to 'defend' when the two are in love.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1103952 Mar 25, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Shipping jobs overseas?
How about these Il Douche supporters, dopey?
Here's 2 examples of how hypocritical Hollywood supporters have shipped American jobs overseas:
DreamWorks Animation formed a partnership in 2008 with an animation company in Bangalore, India, which is called Paprikaas Interactive Services. Paprikaas offers a wide variety of animation services, including character modeling, set design, and animation for movies, TV shows, and video games. The company counts among its clients Nickelodeon, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft.
In February DreamWorks announced a $2 billion deal with the Chinese government, which involved the building of a production studio in Shanghai. The deal came to fruition just days after Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping made a visit to Los Angeles to meet with Katzenberg. "
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/Outsourcing-Oba ...
Now that you know, I'll expect you to start shreiking immediately, maybe even marching in front of Hollywood studios.
Most American TV Animations are sent to Korea. Matt Gronig(The Simpsons, etc.) sends all of his stuff abroad to Korea.

All Hollywood Limo Libs are sinister bas turds in this regard.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1103953 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I never said they didn't. What I said was the Untied States does not need to take the lead. We can act as part of NATO without providing troops on the ground.
... like LIbya....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1103954 Mar 25, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
See Federal taxation and spending by state.
2003-2012
The rise in OVER spending (ie: MORE states taking more OUT than what's been going IN ) significanlty RISING in 2009, from of a ration of about five-ten or so too much out-to approx THIRTY states -now on the Negative.
... most of the taking by red state no doubt.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1103955 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way, this is nothing new....
without American troops, Germany would have conquered Europe.....
Ahem.... by the time the Americans landed, the Russians had already broken Paulus and were on their way to Germany.

Europe would very likely have been Russian.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1103956 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet you, nor anyone else seems to be able to point out even one lie i have ever posted...why is that again? why is it you keep posting that lie?
what post have i ever made idolizing Obama?
why do you lie like that? you know for a fact you cannot possibly back it up...
i guess lying is just an integral part of who and what you are...
lol! Shhhh! You'll hurt his feelings.

They have to tell you what you stand for since their logic can't operate in the real world!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Observations 10 min A Noted Observer 39
Word (Dec '08) 32 min GEORGIA 6,188
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min GEORGIA 8,472
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Joe Balls 214,657
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,532
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,456
News More Than 60 People Shot in Chicago 2 hr bozo 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 102,050
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages