Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277031 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1103183 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
HA! Good Advice! Take It!
Son? You always did "steal" other poster's words, phrases.
Where's your creative originality, junior !?
What an oxymoron this post is. Like You !!!
Were you always this stupid? Or did you take lessons?
<quoted text>
Old Waxman doesn't have to take lessons he is naturally stupid. You are never going to get anything creative from that moron, he lives his Walter Mitty life, without ever leaving his computer. He also posts under about 100 different names, and every one of them is bonkers.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103184 Mar 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No dumbass Obama was handed a war already in progress and shutting the lights off and going home wasn't an option. If he had hypocrites like you would accusing him of "cutting and running".
You're an idiot Carol!
Afghan president to Il Douche:

drop dead you big eared clown, I'll side with Putin and you'll like it.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103185 Mar 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a lying sack of offal and you have been for years, no one believes you, Dopey.
RealDave is a RealPieceOfWork...

Democrats count on there being people like him.

“you know i know”

denver

#1103186 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
The nitwit and liar is you! You prove it every day son.
Are you teabagging Angel or is he teabagging you?
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103187 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
That's Funny, junior.
Since you're the catty-ous one here, kitty kat cattie !
Me-OwoW
Baby Cats are precious, don't insult them.
<quoted text>
<spam>
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103188 Mar 24, 2014
Harry Reid: GOP May Have Helped Russia Annex Crimea

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Monday that Republicans may have helped Russia annex Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula in a surprisingly sharp attack ahead of a test vote on a bill authorizing more U.S. sanctions on Russia and $1 billion in loan guarantees to Ukraine.

Outlining the Senate's agenda after a one-week recess, the Nevada Democrat said the first item would be the Ukraine bill that Republicans blocked just before lawmakers went on break. He urged Republicans to consider "how their obstruction affects United States' national security as well as the people of Ukraine" and said their delay of any congressional action "sent a dangerous message to Russian leaders."

"Since a few Republicans blocked these important sanctions last work period, Russian lawmakers voted to annex Crimea and Russian forces have taken over Ukrainian military bases," Reid said. "It's impossible to know whether events would have unfolded differently if the United States had responded to Russian aggression with a strong, unified voice."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/harry-reid-...

Reid said Republicans blocked the bill to "protect the anonymity of their big-money donors" such as the Koch brothers, two of America's wealthiest men who've strongly supported conservative causes. He was referring to an unsuccessful attempt by some Republicans to include an amendment to the bill halting new IRS regulations on groups claiming tax-exempt status.

"Republicans objected to moving forward with this aid package unless Democrats agreed to allow the Kochs and billionaires like them to continue to anonymously spend millions trying to buy America's democracy," Reid said. "It's hard to believe. But that's the truth."
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1103189 Mar 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a lying sack of offal and you have been for years, no one believes you, Dopey.
What you really meant to say is no one with an IQ under a hundred listens to Dave. Those that are concerned with the facts and interest in America find him quite informative.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1103190 Mar 24, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillbilly humor; go figure...
I figured you were sick of the ethnic humor coming out of the White House. I know I am.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103191 Mar 24, 2014
As the sock Hyime would say, time for a movie!

I sure am glad I can go to sleep tonight knowing I'm not a worthless Democrat POS.

Good night good people and good night to you juvenile irresponsible moron Democrats who mooch off of your kids and others.

Baawaaahh!!!

Q: What do you call a liberal with an IQ of 140?

A: A foursome!

“you know i know”

denver

#1103192 Mar 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said Sunday that former Massachusetts governor and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is suffering from "political amnesia" in his recent criticisms of President Barack Obama's foreign policy.
Appearing on CBS' "Face the Nation," Durbin criticized Romney for saying "it's hard to think of a single country that has greater respect and admiration for America today than it did five years ago."
"Governor Romney's suffering from political amnesia," Durbin said. "Does he remember the reaction of the rest of the world to our invasion of Iraq? The fact is that many of our stalwart allies of the past thought it was a terrible decision. What President Obama has done is restore a working relationship."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/23/dick...
What's IL Douche lying about today? The Crimean? What he had for breakfast? His tryst with a man? His commie background? Bengazi?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103193 Mar 24, 2014
Decline Of Conservative Publishing

Here in TAC, John Derbyshire was onto the roots of the conservative publishing crack-up back in 2009. Excerpt:

Much as their blind loyalty discredited the Right, perhaps the worst effect of Limbaugh et al. has been their draining away of political energy from what might have been a much more worthwhile project: the fostering of a middlebrow conservatism. There is nothing wrong with lowbrow conservatism. It’s energizing and fun. What’s wrong is the impression fixed in the minds of too many Americans that conservatism is always lowbrow, an impression our enemies gleefully reinforce when the opportunity arises. Thus a liberal like E.J. Dionne can write,“The cause of Edmund Burke, Leo Strauss, Robert Nisbet and William F. Buckley Jr. is now in the hands of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity.… Reason has been overwhelmed by propaganda, ideas by slogans.” Talk radio has contributed mightily to this development.

It does so by routinely descending into the ad hominem—Feminazis instead of feminism—and catering to reflex rather than thought. Where once conservatism had been about individualism, talk radio now rallies the mob.“Revolt against the masses?” asked Jeffrey Hart.“Limbaugh is the masses.”

In place of the permanent things, we get Happy Meal conservatism: cheap, childish, familiar. Gone are the internal tensions, the thought-provoking paradoxes, the ideological uneasiness that marked the early Right. But however much this dumbing down has damaged the conservative brand, it appeals to millions of Americans.

Derb wasn’t talking about conservative books, but rather conservative talk radio. Is there a connection to the books problem? I think so. I’m not sure when it happened, and I didn’t even realize it had happened until I read Coppins’s piece, but at some point I just assumed that “conservative book” meant “talk radio in print,” and therefore not worth paying attention to. In fact, I’ve gotten to the point where if a book is marketed as “conservative,” I assume it’s an ideological screed that can be safely ignored.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

“you know i know”

denver

#1103194 Mar 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another Dumbass right whiner global warming denier.
Climates in many areas are dependent on ocean currents remaining how they are.
MMGW deniers are dumber than sh*(t.
AS ignorant as you are stupid:

Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of ...
www.forbes.com/.../peer-reviewed-survey-finds... ;
Forbes
Feb 13, 2013 - They are skeptical that the scientific debate is settled regarding the IPCC .... Just like calling AGW “deniers” instead of skeptics, of which is what ...

Scientists opposing the mainstream assessment - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_scientists_oppos... ;
Wikipedia
List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming ... 2011 that expressed an opinion on anthropogenic global warming found that ..... simulations of climate is the principal reason why I remain a climate skeptic.
&#8206;Peer review - &#8206;Scientists questioning the ...- &#8206;Scientists arguing that global ...

Is there a scientific consensus on global warming?- Skeptical Science
www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scien... ;
Skeptical Science
A Skeptical Science peer-reviewed survey of all (over 12,000) peer-reviewed ... "Only [a] few abstracts explicitly reject or doubt the AGW (anthropogenic global ...

HowStuffWorks "Anthropogenic Skeptics" - Science
science.howstuffworks.com/...science/climate-... ;
HowStuffWorks
by Josh Clark - in 95 Google+ circles
Although they are satisfied with findings that the Earth is in a major warming trend, anthropogenic global warming skeptics believe that science places the blame ...

You're a brainwashed hysteric, like all warmers.

“you know i know”

denver

#1103195 Mar 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He is lying just as you did with your dishonest story.
There is no way that a person buying health insurance as an individual would not be able to buy an equivalent product cheaper in the exchanges.
As ignorant as you are dishonest, I proved it to you twice, put your head back in a hole in the ground.

A 10 second search would find you thousands of examples of how Ostupidakare is screwing people, gawd you're dumb.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103196 Mar 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Decline Of Conservative Publishing
Here in TAC, John Derbyshire was onto the roots of the conservative publishing crack-up back in 2009. Excerpt:
Much as their blind loyalty discredited the Right, perhaps the worst effect of Limbaugh et al. has been their draining away of political energy from what might have been a much more worthwhile project: the fostering of a middlebrow conservatism. There is nothing wrong with lowbrow conservatism. It’s energizing and fun. What’s wrong is the impression fixed in the minds of too many Americans that conservatism is always lowbrow, an impression our enemies gleefully reinforce when the opportunity arises. Thus a liberal like E.J. Dionne can write,“The cause of Edmund Burke, Leo Strauss, Robert Nisbet and William F. Buckley Jr. is now in the hands of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity.… Reason has been overwhelmed by propaganda, ideas by slogans.” Talk radio has contributed mightily to this development.
It does so by routinely descending into the ad hominem—Feminazis instead of feminism—and catering to reflex rather than thought. Where once conservatism had been about individualism, talk radio now rallies the mob.“Revolt against the masses?” asked Jeffrey Hart.“Limbaugh is the masses.”
In place of the permanent things, we get Happy Meal conservatism: cheap, childish, familiar. Gone are the internal tensions, the thought-provoking paradoxes, the ideological uneasiness that marked the early Right. But however much this dumbing down has damaged the conservative brand, it appeals to millions of Americans.
Derb wasn’t talking about conservative books, but rather conservative talk radio. Is there a connection to the books problem? I think so. I’m not sure when it happened, and I didn’t even realize it had happened until I read Coppins’s piece, but at some point I just assumed that “conservative book” meant “talk radio in print,” and therefore not worth paying attention to. In fact, I’ve gotten to the point where if a book is marketed as “conservative,” I assume it’s an ideological screed that can be safely ignored.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
You forgot to post items from Pravda and Al "Gore" Jazeera!

Nitwit Moonbat...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1103197 Mar 24, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
Ghost:
"I got friends in a number of states"
Baaawwaaahhh!!!!!
I realize having friends is a foreign concept for a old fat envy ridden fossil like you. I'm always getting invited to places you could only dream of loser. You fool no one all know you are a warped chronic troll. Enjoy your drunken stupor, I have business to take care of.

“you know i know”

denver

#1103198 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I would be a bagger...Pussified coward say what?
You get teabagged, does that make you a "bagger"? How's your Blumpkinitis doing?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103199 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What you really meant to say is no one with an IQ under a hundred listens to Dave. Those that are concerned with the facts and interest in America find him quite informative.
You may "listen" to DumbDave mental case, but the rest of us ignore "reading" his baseless tripe, dumbfk. You are a GD Idiot.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103200 Mar 24, 2014
Bonkers!!! AHaaHaaHaaa ... Funny and True.

He always was. Walter Mitty, Oh that's good !!

Well, with all of the sox he runs, he's here 24/7 - 365.

And all of the 100+ different names, all repeat and say the same things! LOL!

It's so ridiculously hilarious ! And so hilariously obvious !
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Waxman doesn't have to take lessons he is naturally stupid. You are never going to get anything creative from that moron, he lives his Walter Mitty life, without ever leaving his computer. He also posts under about 100 different names, and every one of them is bonkers.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1103201 Mar 24, 2014
Liberalism is a mental disorder. Later moron Democrats...

“you know i know”

denver

#1103202 Mar 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
A reichwinger complaining about those who invest in the stock market. Now that's a new one.
Not complaining, you bellowing bovine, merely pointing out the truth, like this:

Wealth rebounds — but mostly for the wealthy
By Rick Newman
12 hours ago
The Exchange

America is rich again — if you add up all the money. But a familiar, unhappy tale is playing out as the nation recovers the household wealth lost from 2007 to 2012.

The total amount of household net worth hit a new record of $80.7 trillion at the end of 2013, according to the Federal Reserve. That’s certainly better than the grueling declines that occurred during the twin housing and stock-market busts. But a deeper look at the numbers shows that the kind of wealth held primarily by the affluent — financial assets — has soared beyond prior levels, while the most common middle-class asset — home equity — is still far below prior highs

Still, the flow of money the Fed has been trying to pump into the economy has dried up before trickling down to many middle-class families. Of course, it’s better to have the wealthy back on their feet, in Prada footwear, than to have nobody back on their feet at all. But the middle class still has much further to go before it reclaims its prior level of prosperity. America isn’t quite as rich as the headline number suggests.

The rich get richer, the rest get squat, thanks Barry you douchebagging, hypocritical failure.

Deny it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 min Breezy _Soul 1,722
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min Doug77 6,433
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Into The Night 54,545
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,945
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 523
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,427
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Prince Reebus 100,645
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages