Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1102642 Mar 23, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Still IS established with members in the House of Lords.
Look it up?
Good thing we don't have a Church of the United States.

Which is the point you and your liberal pals keep missing. Our First Amendment gives us the right to exercise and express ANY religion. The phrase "separation of church and state" mentioned by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists is to ensure the separation of the state from establishing a religion, i.e. the Church of England.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102643 Mar 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is the point you and your liberal pals keep missing. Our First Amendment gives us the right to exercise and express ANY religion. The phrase "separation of church and state" mentioned by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists is to ensure the separation of the state from establishing a religion, i.e. the Church of England.
that any religion thing is going to get you in trouble with the neocons. but hey.....

Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.

Thomas Jefferson.

Orlando, FL

#1102644 Mar 23, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>She's a bit weak in matters of history.
And math
Business
Geography
Maybe she can cook.
Probably not
You're just the expert on none of the above.

The crown and the Church of England prompted a significant number of the early colonists to flee persecution by King Charles I and was responsible for settling most of New England, and the Province of Maryland.

This, most of us learned in elementary school.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1102645 Mar 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, and to ensure any religion from encroaching on state matters. that is the whole point of setting up a secular nation!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1102646 Mar 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just the expert on none of the above.
The crown and the Church of England prompted a significant number of the early colonists to flee persecution by King Charles I and was responsible for settling most of New England, and the Province of Maryland.
This, most of us learned in elementary school.
yes, that is the limit of your learning on the matter...they were really more concerned with not being able to persecute others in england or the other nations they went to so they came to the US to be free to persecute anyone who disagreed with their cult.

reality and history are fun!!!

stuffing ignorant cult freaks faces into the dirt is more fun!

Orlando, FL

#1102647 Mar 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, according to new Pew Research Center data not yet released in a report, 88% of Germans say they have confidence in Obama to do the right thing in world affairs. In stark contrast, just 14% had confidence in Bush during his last year in office.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/06/...
This poll was taken last July before Obama drew an invisible red line in Syria, appeased the Russians who invaded the Ukraine and are now closer to Germany and EU's borders and spied on their German leaders.

Probably should find an updated poll.

Orlando, FL

#1102648 Mar 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, and to ensure any religion from encroaching on state matters. that is the whole point of setting up a secular nation!
As usual, you have it backwards. The state is now encroaching on religious matters. Most religions just want to be left alone.

Orlando, FL

#1102649 Mar 23, 2014
So maybe I'll come back when there's some intelligent life on this forum later on.

Restoring this nation is more important than hurting a few misguided feelings. Time to take off the gloves. If it's not too late.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1102650 Mar 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
So maybe I'll come back when there's some intelligent life on this forum later on.
Restoring this nation is more important than hurting a few misguided feelings. Time to take off the gloves. If it's not too late.
Restoring? Why do we ned restore it?
Progressive Retardation

Los Angeles, CA

#1102651 Mar 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney was and is clueless when it comes to foreign policy, He appears to be still smarting from his butt whipping. We are all aware that it wouldn't matter what Obama did they would be against. I don't know how you get more Un-American than they are. Hopefully more and more voters will recognize that "FACT" before November.
Thanks for the humor. How did the Obama admin make out in Syria? Even your lame pal Kerry said Obama failed. Egypt? Another failure. It was Romney who said that Russia was still the threat to us. Go look up the facts after your done beating off to your last family reunion video, clown.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1102652 Mar 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>smart enough to catch you out as the bullshitter you are...many times..
smart enough to make a life for myself i don't have to lie about...
smart enough to be way. way better than you!
In my world, "smart enough" doesn't cut it.
Patricangelily

Palm Coast, FL

#1102653 Mar 23, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you bored in retirement? Our law office could use help but we are not located in Orlando.
New citizens seem to favor the democratic party.
-
Angela
They enjoy free handouts
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1102654 Mar 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>haven't you often called him the worst president ever? all the people you parrot do that...
so now he is worth listening to?
your idiocy knows no limits, does it?
i love watching you make a total ass of yourself with your ignorance and stupidity!
Why Hyime, I voted for Carter, before I grew up and left the Democrat party. He was better than the liar we have now, but a liar like you who claims to be a conservative would not understand that.

You really need some new material Hyime. An idiot like you calling virtually everyone else stupid is really lame, like you are.

Personally, I think what Carter said is hillarious... Even an old lefty knows what Obama is doing is wrong. The militants like you just don't get it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102655 Mar 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
This poll was taken last July before Obama drew an invisible red line in Syria, appeased the Russians who invaded the Ukraine and are now closer to Germany and EU's borders and spied on their German leaders.
Probably should find an updated poll.
the point was Bush's overwhelming unpopularity in comparison.

i guarantee that hasn't changed. never did....

George W. Bush is highly unpopular with the publics of the major nations of Western Europe. By wide margins, people in Germany, France, Great Britain and Italy all disapprove of his handling of international policy, and the American president does not inspire much more confidence in these countries than does Russian President Vladimir Putin.

More than seven-in-ten of those in each country say Bush makes decisions based entirely on U.S. interests, and most think he understands less about Europe than other American presidents. In that regard, Bush’s foreign policy approval rating runs 40-60 percentage points below former President Bill Clinton’s, when judged in retrospect.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2001/08/15/bush-unpo...

so the next time one of you FOXbots starts in about Obama ruining our relationship with the world...think again.
Progressive Retardation

Los Angeles, CA

#1102656 Mar 23, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Restoring? Why do we ned restore it?
Nice spelling. No child left behind? You did. Dummy
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1102657 Mar 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you have it backwards. The state is now encroaching on religious matters. Most religions just want to be left alone.
most non-religious just want to be left alone.

we want to be able to make choices about how we live our lives with no interference from any religion. i sure a heck don't want my child indoctrinated in school. if my daughter wants to get an abortion, which are legal btw, she should be able to make that choice. if my gay cousin wants to get married he should be able to make that choice.

that book doesn't apply to everyone. never will. never has.
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1102658 Mar 23, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
In my world, "smart enough" doesn't cut it.
The Tick needs to be reminded that his constant barrage of boasting and bragging (in case you hadn't heard, the guy claims to be damned near perfect) is seen by most as nothing more than bullshit. The dude is a poseur...and a piss poor one at that.
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1102659 Mar 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
if my daughter wants to get an abortion, which are legal btw, she should be able to make that choice. if my gay cousin wants to get married he should be able to make that choice.
I feel the same about fracking, handguns with 17 round magazines, a health insurance plan that's tailored to my family's needs, and incandescent light bulbs.

Yeah, you people are all about ¨choice¨- as long as it's one you're all in lock step political agreement on.
Donny Brook

Bastrop, TX

#1102660 Mar 23, 2014
Who cares. The imbecile is half white and he has set the Black race in the USA back 60-years. Yes he has, Clyde. He is an arrogant fool who makes Black people look stupid. He tells you what you want to hear, but does nothing and all he has done for Blacks is to ensnare them in the LBJ slavery called the Great Society. Go ahead and defend him . . . . just as soon as you can come up with one thing he has done for Blacks.
Donny Brook

Bastrop, TX

#1102661 Mar 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
most non-religious just want to be left alone.
we want to be able to make choices about how we live our lives with no interference from any religion. i sure a heck don't want my child indoctrinated in school. if my daughter wants to get an abortion, which are legal btw, she should be able to make that choice. if my gay cousin wants to get married he should be able to make that choice.
What religion interferes with your life? I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, yet I'm against same sex marriage and abortion, because I am., just like you're for it. Don't you get dufus? None of get what we want. I'm for some things and against others and God, the Pope, or Rev. Wright have nothing to do with them. You are going to have a miserable life crying because not everyone agrees with you. You best grow up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 9-22 6 min Kuuipo 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min loose cannon 178,224
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 98,253
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,288
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,741
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,486
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,725
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs