Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1683990 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1104178 Mar 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack posts yet another dishonest post.
The idea that welfare pays more than a teacher ay starting salary is dishonest. Just like the idea it pays better than a $8/hr job.
The various Government programs to help the poor & working poor do not all end at the same income level.
Flack & his ilk of deceivers want you to think that a person is better off not taking a $8/Hr job or that teacher job because they would do better on Government assistance.
But the truth is that if a person had a family & took that $8/Hr job, they would still be eligible for many of the programs including rent assistance, heat assistance,childcare. food stamps, healthcare etc.
That Teacher would get a benefit package & retirement. If they had a family, they would likely be eligible for some government help also.
This is why right whiners are considered o be dumber than sh*t.
Most of Flack's statistics came from the CATO Institute aka Charles Koch Foundation.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1104179 Mar 26, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO -- State Senator Leland Yee has been indicted for public corruption as part of a major FBI operation Tuesday morning spanning the Bay Area, according to law-enforcement sources.

Yee, D-San Francisco, highlights a string of multiple arrests that also includes notorious Chinatown gangster Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow, connected to a variety of charges including racketeering and drug crimes, sources said.

FBI agents and local police are serving arrest and search warrants throughout the Bay Area, with agents seen in locations in San Francisco and San Mateo, as well as Yee's Capitol office in Sacramento. One of the searches was at the San Francisco Chinatown office of the Gee King Tong Free Masons and is linked to Chow's arrest.

Targets of the raid are expected to appear in federal court in San Francisco this afternoon.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1104180 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I bet if someone was to look they would find it is going on all across the country. I mean 1 million+ aborted babies a year have to be going somewhere, right? Bet there would be a moral outrage if it was found?
Some people have sadly enough lost any connection to humanity.

Burning developing humans to stay warm is what they consider an energy solution.

We will reap what we have sown. If we aren't already.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104181 Mar 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK is now burning aborted fetuses for energy.
This is what happens when you put the collective above the individual. You lose sight of human compassion. Another version of Soylent Green.
Don't think it couldn't happen here. We lost our moral compass and aren't even looking for it.
Can't stay too long today, I'm heading off for a fetus burning. Aren't we all tired of winter? Everyone's supposed to bring their own fetuses - it's pot luck - but I'm just going to bring Mitzi, my thirteen year old Shizu... I've dealt with her never-ending farts long enough...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1104182 Mar 26, 2014
USAprior2008 wrote:
<quoted text> Try ELECTED Governor of Massachusetts, Dumbell! LOL
lol! Damn! Then he should be applauding ACA!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1104183 Mar 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know the reporters name but it was asked at the press conference in the Netherlands yesterday.
The same reporter asked Obama if Romney was right about Russia being a geopolitical foe after all.
The press conference was broadcast here as well as worldwide, I imagine.
Yet you're sure it was a foreign reporter? Was anyone throwing shoes?
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1104184 Mar 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Baseball, as do Not have your addiction to Tee Vee
and phony statistics
Care to try that again in English?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1104185 Mar 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No comparison. California's infrastructure has been supported by the United States Treasury and Crimea was annexed by the Russian Empire in 1783. They are more Russian than Ukranian.
still posting at 3 am?????.....

with nobody else there.....

get a life.....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1104187 Mar 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me what elected office Romney has ever held? He's just another Donald Trump. He likes to hear himself talk. He was not RIGHT. Crimea is a regional conflict between neighboring nations. It has nothing to do with us. Russia's actions do not make it a "geopolitical threat". Romney's posturing is the exact type of posturing that creates wars. We should be thanking our lucky stars he's not our president.
Romney was a governor, wasn't he?
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104188 Mar 26, 2014
Is it just me or is it cold in here? Boy, a pile of dead fetuses doesn't give off much heat, does it? Maybe I'll switch back to coal?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1104189 Mar 26, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh here we go; quell supris that you would glom onto this b/s. Medical waste is burned everywhere. If those women wanted to bury or cremate their fetuses, they could have done so . Look at Rick Sanitorium who took his dead fetus home and slept with it in the bed for days with his wife and children.
You people are sick in the head.
Is that the same Rick Santorum whose wife was shacked up with the infamous abortion doctor

BTW a fetus is not going to produce much if any energy. One of my sources reports that one diabetic leg produces up to 100 times the energy of a second trimester fetus.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1104190 Mar 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney - hid out in France to avoid the draft during the Vietnam War. So, you might want to rethink painting him as some sort of tough guy.
That's what we need, another chickensh*t President who ran from Vietnam pounding the war drums.
And Bush had his daddy pull some string in order to get in the National Guard, then that cowardly bas-turd went AWOL, Cheney said that he was to busy, Rumsfeld got a college deferment, damn near everyone in that fk up administration were chickhawks. Now we are still paying the price for their incompetence and their lie induced wars. Sorry don't even begin to describe those idiots. All those deaths unnecessarily sacrificed, pathetic. By far the worst administration ever.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1104191 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The post was straight from the Department of Commerce website idiot!!! Libtards are SO stupid!!!!!
No it wasn't and that is the very reason you haven't provided a link.

Your source was a direct cut and paste from "Statistic Brain" which claims they compiled their data from the Dept. of Heath and Human Services, Department of Commerce AND CATO Institute.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statist...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1104192 Mar 26, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
A big chunk nitwit? The penalty this year is 1% of income minus the filing threshold which is $9750 for a single filer. So if you have an income of $35,000 a year your penalty would be 1% of $25,250 or $252.50.
That's .73% of the gross income. Hardly a big chunk and can only be assessed if you're getting money back.
The penalty does go up to 2.5% by 2016 but it's still not a huge chunk.
Once again Carol, the individual mandate along with the tax penalties was originally a Republican idea. That's something you keep ignoring.
What's your evidence that people are going to lose their employer provided insurance? Employers who don't offer healthcare coverage are going to be at a disadvantage when trying to recruit good employees.
other people's money never matters to worthless government slugs like you.....
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1104193 Mar 26, 2014
BELGIAN NEWSPAPER DEPICTS BARACK AND MICHELLE OBAMA AS APES AHEAD OF PRESIDENTíS VISIT

http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/03/24/belgian-...

Putin is snickering...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104194 Mar 26, 2014
Q: How many burning fetuses does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: What, are you too lazy to do it yourself you fat republican bastard?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1104195 Mar 26, 2014
Any of you have a recommendation on wireless home surveillance cameras?
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1104196 Mar 26, 2014
Sometimes I like to find romney supporters and just cane them silly right on the street in front of their homes.... Just beat the ever-loving crap out of them while they scream and roll around on the ground looking for their guns...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1104197 Mar 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Top 10 Hourly Wage Equivalent Welfare States in U.S.
State Hourly Wage Equivalent
Hawaii $17.50
Alaska $15.48
Massachusetts $14.66
Connecticut $14.23
Washington, D.C.$13.99
New York $13.13
New Jersey $12.55
Rhode Island $12.55
California $11.59
Virginia $11.11
Again from the Department of Commerce website.
You think because a website pictures the Department of Commerce logo they must most certainly BE the Department of Commerce. You are such a fool.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1104198 Mar 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No son. It was caused by capitalism.
Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac is capitalism?

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sick of commercials with mix couples 1 hr not my pillow 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Alain Vain 11,773
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr PEllen 105,428
Trump is A 8 hr CrunchyBacon 382
last post wins! (Apr '13) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 2,738
What's the Matter with California? 10 hr SAN FRAN WEIRDO 7
-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy c... 12 hr LOOKS GUUD N STRIPES 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance