Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394955 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1103553 Mar 25, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You can be surprizing!!! Your above post is spot on. Congratulations for a change you got something right.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Sure numbnut [singular] as if anyone on here gives a shit what your perverted ass thinks.

KMA
GFY
LMAO
FUNGULAYOU

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1103554 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't get is WE, the taxpayers, and the hospitals can't afford to pick up the tab for people like your daughter who refuse to be responsible when making healthcare decisions. She is not free to infringe on the ability of hospitals to deliver affordable care for all.
And, just how are tax payers involved? It seems to me she is dumping 6 grand a year toward unused healthcare. Just like you dump hundreds of dollars a year toward unused car insurance or hundreds a year toward unused home insurance. If something develops, she is covered. I would imagine her husband's private law office would pick up the minor out of pocket expenses.

It's not a welfare program, or wasn't, it's insurance.

BTW, it seems this temporary hardship penalty delay is opening a loophole toward catastrophic policies. Isn't that ironic?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103555 Mar 25, 2014
....about the scientific process...and did Al gore know about this?

"Rather, clinical research assumes the null hypothesis, that the treatment does not work, and the burden of proof lies with demonstrating adequate evidence to reject the null hypothesis. So, when being technical, researchers will conclude that a negative study “fails to reject the null hypothesis.”

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/acupunctu...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103556 Mar 25, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
LMAO! Ah yes, the ¨intellectual¨ left.
While the organized left insist that they are the only ones smart enough to run the world, they remain astonishingly ignorant of how it works. They’re even ignorant of how the most fundamental parts of laws that they champion operate.
Apparently unaware of how self-employed people pay taxes – which is neither new nor a secret – liberals at the White House, Talking Points Memo, the Huffington Post, and the National Journal all responded immediately by calling Drudge either a liar or ignorant, or both. After all, the liberal reasoning went, Drudge could not possibly have paid a cent toward his 2014 ObamaCare "penalty" because it's not 2015 yet.
Yes, these wizards who would organize everything and everyone lack even a cursory familiarity with the most basic of tax realities.
What is it Bill Engvall says? Oh yeah:“Here’s your sign.” These liberals really didn’t need Engvall’s sign at all. They tweeted their own "I’m stupid" signs. Some wrote full-fledged low-information articles, including TPM’s Dylan Scott and the HuffPo’s Jeffrey Young.
In none of these attacks on Drudge did it occur to these media maestros how self-employed people are impacted by the tax ramifications of ObamaCare. If Drudge figures he’ll owe, say, ten million in federal income taxes for 2014 (it’s probably a lot more), he is required to send in a quarter of that now. He would also be compelled to include charming little IRS add-ons in his payment, like the ObamaCare penalty. Or is it a fee? A tax, maybe? Whatever John Roberts decided to call it, Drudge and other self-employed quarterly filers have indeed started paying it.
What a bunch of INTELLECTUAL morons. LOL!
The Wire reached out to the H&R Block Tax Institute, which said you’re free to over pay your tax obligation on your quarterly estimated tax form, but the IRS has “no way to designate it as penalty prepayment.” The line item for “other taxes owed” doesn’t mention the health law penalty, and the IRS still needs to offer guidance over several aspects of the penalty, the company said in an email.

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/03/matt-...

so that means that when someone makes an estimated tax payment, they cannot specify which government program their payments are going to, i.e. building roads, fighting wars or health care.

and 10 million? LOL
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103557 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not up to government.
so abortion seems to fit in that category. along with birth control.
sexual behavior also.
the choice to ignore your employers religion, to not subject my child to religious teachings, or try to legislate religious beliefs of any sort that i will be forced to deal with.
you may agree, but i'm pretty sure Carol will play the hypocrite on most of those issues.
though personally, i could care less what smokers do as long as i don't ever have to inhale a whiff of their poison.
Well, you have a choice not to inhale smokers poison; but not to be subjected to the poisoning of fields and streams by corporate toxic waste that you may not be aware of until you get cancer from it or women start having deformed children.
Not to mention the myriad of ads for medications that list side affects that way surpass any benefit from these drugs. I seriously wonder who would take such a medication that can cause you to lose the ability to swallow; cause internal bleeding; cause blindness and loss of feelings in limbs; cause you to have a heart attack....
I'd rather have heartburn.
The cops can put you in prison for having painkillers on your person in your car, and they are prescription medications. Go figure that one out.

Did you see this horrible video? I am sickened beyond belief after this one:

Police Shoot Homeless Man During Camping Arrest (GRAPHIC VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/jame...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103558 Mar 25, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
First thing your doctor asks "Do you smoke"
Good way to kill yourself and with secondary smoke others.
Keep smokers 20 ft. from entrance to all public places.
Not on board the "Pot is Good for America" industry by the way.
Oh, for goodness sakes, Patrick, when is the last time you people ever "won" anything? I mean, any-thing? Stop having babies, all your concerns will disappear in a generation.
Patrick

United States

#1103559 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many energy drinks can cause heart attacks in young people.
Fried foods is poison if clogged arteries is the result of eating too much.
People die from alcohol poisoning all the time.
Shouldn't you be a good little busybody and provide "guidance" here too?
And it's not guidance we're talking about. It's outlawing something some people enjoy doing because the liberal PC police have dictated this particular bad habit is socially unacceptable.
Providing smoking areas is understandable. But smoking areas are banned in many places - and entire companies have smoke-free environments and won't even hire smokers.
Don't you get this?
"l iberal PC police, liberal PC police, liberal PC police"

awk awk awk

like a parrot only more amusing

Some people work

while you collect government checks.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103560 Mar 25, 2014
I suggest we revisit the "burning babies for fuel" concept which grows increasingly attractive to me each time I consider it... They're a bitch to get started but the good news is: birds drop them off for free in your woodpile.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1103561 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
March 24, 2014 - 12:10 pm
inShare
2 Email Print Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size
The US Navy uses about 100 Tomahawk cruise missiles per year to deal with global threats or to send a message. The Hellfire missile has become a mainstay of anti-terrorism operations since the CIA and military adapted the Predator drone aircraft to launch them. But under President Obama’s military budget, both programs will be eliminated over the next year or two. By 2018, the United States will have used all of its remaining stocks of Tomahawk missiles. And the military has no replacement for either weapon system ready to go yet.
The Washington Free Beacon:
President Barack Obama is seeking to abolish two highly successful missile programs that experts say has helped the U.S. Navy maintain military superiority for the past several decades.
The Tomahawk missile program—known as “the world’s most advanced cruise missile”—is set to be cut by $128 million under Obama’s fiscal year 2015 budget proposal and completely eliminated by fiscal year 2016, according to budget documents released by the Navy.
In addition to the monetary cuts to the program, the number of actual Tomahawk missiles acquired by the United States would drop significantly—from 196 last year to just 100 in 2015. The number will then drop to zero in 2016.
The Navy will also be forced to cancel its acquisition of the well-regarded and highly effective Hellfire missiles in 2015, according to Obama’s proposal.
—
“It doesn’t make sense,” said Seth Cropsey, director of the Hudson Institute’s Center for American Seapower.“This really moves the U.S. away from a position of influence and military dominance.”
Cropsey said that if someone were trying to “reduce the U.S. ability to shape events” in the world,“they couldn’t find a better way than depriving the U.S. fleet of Tomahawks. It’s breathtaking.”
Money isn’t the issue. Obama’s budget takes the money saved from axing these programs and puts it toward an experimental missile that won’t be fielded for about a decade.
Navy experts and retired officials fear that the elimination of the Tomahawk and Hellfire systems—and the lack of a battle-ready replacement—will jeopardize the U.S. Navy’s supremacy as it faces increasingly advanced militaries from North Korea to the Middle East.
The cuts are “like running a white flag up on a very tall flag pole and saying,‘We are ready to be walked on,’” Cropsey said.
Retired Army Lt. Col. Steve Russell called the cuts to the Tomahawk program devastating for multiple reasons.
“We run a huge risk because so much of our national policy for immediate response is contingent on our national security team threatening with Tomahawk missiles,” said Russell, who is currently running for Congress.
“The very instrument we will often use and cite, we’re now cutting the program,” Russell said.“There was a finite number [of Tomahawk’s] made and they’re not being replenished.”
“If our national policy is contingent on an immediate response with these missile and we’re not replacing them, then what are we going do?” Russell asked.
Yet another move in which Barack Obama is clearly weakening the United States just as Russia gains strength. Two words: Fundamental transformation.
Bryan Preston has been a leading conservative blogger and opinionator since founding his first blog in 2001. Bryan is a military veteran, worked for NASA, was a founding blogger and producer at Hot Air, was producer of the Laura Ingraham Show and, most recently before joining PJM, was Communications Director of the Republican Party of Texas.
That's some real funny chit Flacko.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103562 Mar 25, 2014
Consider this, however; once we DO get around to burning babies instead of following them around with handi-cams waiting for them to do cute stuff, at that very moment... that instant... women will become our equals. PAYBACK my brothers!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1103563 Mar 25, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
Obama's war on Women..
Female Share of Federal Workforce Declining Under Obama
http://conservatives4palin.com/2014/03/cns-fe...
lol! Love your source.

I bet the 'intel' came from Russia too!
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1103564 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
When people smoke they make a decision to be ostracized. Don't complain.
Funny coming from a member of the political left who thrive on complaining about and ostracizing anyone who dares question your agenda.

I suppose you feel Christians should just shut up and accept being mocked and ridiculed by leftist icons like the mule faced Bill Maher?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1103565 Mar 25, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
(little flack typing madly...) "Save me! For god's sake save me! I sent you the fifteen dollars now DO something...."
Flack is a Flake.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103566 Mar 25, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
First thing your doctor asks "Do you smoke"
Good way to kill yourself and with secondary smoke others.
Keep smokers 20 ft. from entrance to all public places.
Not on board the "Pot is Good for America" industry by the way.
It's a personal choice; there should be bars and restaurants that allow smoking if they want to; the employees would likely be smoker friendly as well.
There are choices to go to smoke free restaurants and bars as well. There's a sign at the beach that it is a non smoking beach; I don't know how they enforce that? Smoker police?
I do think that smoking has decreased overall and people who smoke are social pariahs now but I don't think it will ever be eliminated altogether.
If your doctor asks if you smoke; how would he know if you said no? Just wondering.
Looks like Florida is considering medical marijuana; I am in favor of this, as I am with legalizing marijuana totally and taxing it. Colorado is making a lot of tax money on this industry; perhaps it can pay for healthcare for all Americans?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103568 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many energy drinks can cause heart attacks in young people.
Fried foods is poison if clogged arteries is the result of eating too much.
People die from alcohol poisoning all the time.
Shouldn't you be a good little busybody and provide "guidance" here too?
And it's not guidance we're talking about. It's outlawing something some people enjoy doing because the liberal PC police have dictated this particular bad habit is socially unacceptable.
Providing smoking areas is understandable. But smoking areas are banned in many places - and entire companies have smoke-free environments and won't even hire smokers.
Don't you get this?
i'm tired of paying taxes so that some people who don't care about their health can suck the system dry when they get sick.

so it makes sense to me that companies don't hire smokers. and i'm sure their insurance companies will agree. you can't abuse your body while claiming free choice and expect anyone to support you when the chickens come home to roost.
Progressive Retardation

Los Angeles, CA

#1103569 Mar 25, 2014
MOSCOW--
President Vladimir Putin continues to squash the wimpy USA president Opigeon
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103570 Mar 25, 2014
Hey, flackster... folks come here to read your blather, just keep believing that, k?
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103571 Mar 25, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
"l iberal PC police, liberal PC police, liberal PC police"
awk awk awk
like a parrot only more amusing
Some people work
while you collect government checks.
Angela, is that you? I don't know who to believe anymore...? Help me please... it feels like he's eating my flesh!....(dialtone..)
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103572 Mar 25, 2014
Then Islamists are the great cop-out, the great excuse to murder and evade the need to rationalize and evaluate logic. Jihad is murdering in spite of, most definitely because of, the lack of empathy. Islam indoctrinates killers to be blood-thirsty with out remorse.

And then we have the reason overly religious jihadists are incapable of using civil behavior.
They have been raised to be blind murderers and that is why Islamists are such Hate Filled
Murdering devils.
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
To quote Richard Dawkins, a scientist (OMG!): "Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." "Religion teaches people to be satisfied with not understanding."
And there we have the reason overly religious people are incapable of using common sense. They have been raised to be blind followers and that is why Republicans are such Talk Hate Radio lemmings.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103573 Mar 25, 2014
those crazy Christians and their voodoo religion...

...witch doctors...

" However, they are twice as likely as Americans in gen-
eral to use acupuncture (6%)....

"....more than a third of Vietnamese (38%) and Japanese (36%)
use herbal medicines, 24 percent of Koreans use acupuncture, and
14 percent of Chinese consult with traditional healers..."

http://www.aapcho.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Coffee Party 216,675
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 min PEllen 8,870
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 10 min PEllen 2,688
Word (Dec '08) 11 min PEllen 6,409
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 12 min PEllen 1,665
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 12 min RJS 8,492
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 35 min Sublime1 102,460
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages