Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1565665 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103776 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If your daughter has the money to afford her high deductible at a moment’s notice, like in the case of a car accident, and has the money to cover her 30% share of hospital stays, surgeries, lab test, intensive care etc. after her coverage kicks in, catastrophic insurance may work just fine for her. Problem is...that is not the case with the majority who choose that coverage. They don't have the funds. They are just gambling. Catastrophic insurance is for people who can't afford traditional health insurance. If they can't afford traditional insurance, how are they going to afford to pay for their share of expenses in a the event of a catastrophic event?
auto accidents are poor examples because there is additional insurance involved.......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103777 Mar 25, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Romney was right. Obama is a rookie:
"Mitt Romney calls Barack Obama 'naive' on Russia and Vladimir Putin"
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/23/...
Thank Goodness Romney Isn’t President

It has become fashionable in the last few months to give Romney credit for “prescience” on Russia in the 2012 campaign, as if he did anything more than echo ignorant hard-line talking points that didn’t show the slightest understanding of the relevant issues. He uttered a nonsensical claim about Russia as “our number one geopolitical foe,” which is still very wrong, and most of his defenders still don’t understand how laughable this was. All that Romney demonstrated as a candidate was a knee-jerk hostility to Obama’s policies and equally reflexive hostility to improving relations with Russia. To the extent that he had a coherent idea for how to approach Russia differently, he thought that Russia should be provoked at every turn and that cooperation should be avoided. This approach was rightly mocked during the campaign, and one can only imagine how much more poisonous relations with Russia would be now if it had been official policy for almost five years before the crisis in Ukraine. Had Romney been carrying out his preferred policy towards Russia over the last year, relations would be considerably worse, and we would be saddled with an administration that would go out of its way to clash with Russia on every issue. It was bad enough listening to Romney try to make foreign policy arguments as a presidential candidate, but it is simply ridiculous to be treated to the same nonsense now that the election campaign is long over.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1103778 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet that is a poor assumption,(as all yours seem to be as you are just stupid as all get out...)
only about 10% of smokers get lung cancer. most die off after long, painful problems related to smoking that cost ton$ to treat and ameliorate...
facts are fun! you should try them at least once. you might find it a refreshing dip into the pool of reality!
Hyime!

They have you on Youtube in the Green Mile!

You didn't even have to act.

Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103779 Mar 25, 2014
The better question is: How did the Europeans succeed, gain victory over The Native American Indians?

They had the well armed Calvary.

With the exception of Custer. Yea, at his Legendary Last Stand, The Native Americans slaughtered his ass. What Custer didn't know and didn't expect, count on - All of The Native Tribes banded together, the number was so overwhelming Custer went after The Women and Children who escaped on Horses, out rode Custer, the coward.

And, The Native Americans also had fire power, quite unexpected.

Custer and his men were butchered at Little Big Horn.

That's what arrogance and pompous got Custer.

There. Now I broke it down.

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
-why did Europeans evolve while your Miami ancestors did not?
Break that down for us....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103780 Mar 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF>....'German POS'
what prompted that?
that was just an example.....

Realslime hates all white people....

except little boys.....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1103781 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Americans for Prosperity claims people are getting less at a higher cost under Obamacare
Americans for Prosperity said "millions are paying more and getting less" under Obamacare. We found their explanation of "less" rather dubious. Most people on the individual market are getting more benefits under the law. At worst, they’re paying more to get more, though in many cases they’re actually paying less.
We rate this claim False.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Anything put out by David Koch's "Americans for Prosperity" can be rated False. It's a given.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1103782 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you should read the history of the first europeans to visit the Hopi mesas....yikes, talk about dirty and cramped...
history is fun!
Hyime you old dog.

You finally married a 16 year old?

Amazing.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1103783 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you should learn what the world evolve means lest you make such a total ass of yourself with your ignorance again...
but you seem to like doing that.
explain to me how the native americans were less evolved than europeans..
don't worry, we all know you will run from your own words like the coward you are...
nothing you post really means anything at all..just bullshit upon bullshit to prove your ignorance...
run , coward, run!
Earth to lying liberal:

Nobody here runs from you, moron.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103784 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
dying young eh?
ok, point taken.
Galt dislikes smoking and believes that smokers are fools, but the economic argument against smokers is false.....

plenty of better arguments....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103785 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, in 1964 roughly half of all twenty-five year old women had never had sexual intercourse before they married. Roughly 75% of American adults in 1964 thought that premarital sex was wrong. Kinda shoots your theory to pieces.
Why don't you go back to your source and post the rate of white children born without a father in 1964 to today's number. The, you might actually have something to discuss.
Thank you. That was before the sexual revolution. White girls who got pregnant went to the hospital to get a D&C; or went to a kitchen butcher to get an abortion. Otherwise; they either got married or were sent to a home for unwed mothers and gave the baby up for adoption.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1103786 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I want our military to be the peacekeepers of the world and our government to look out for OUR best interests first because we're the last best hope of the world, nut head.
The world has a peacekeeping agency. It is called the United Nations. When we go around the world (mostly to oil producing nations) promoting OUR ideals and OUR political sentiments, we make enemies. Being the peacekeepers of the world is not in our best interest. Acting as a member of a united body of nations to deal with conflicts around the world is the best solution. Bush ignored the United Nations and look what happened. We should learn from his failed policies.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1103787 Mar 25, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth to lying liberal:
Nobody here runs from you, moron.
you run from me everyday you post here..you know it..i have openly challenged you to show even one post of mine that shows i am a liberal...yet you run every day from those hundreds of challenges...

yes, dear, you run from me every single time you show your cowardly face on these pages...

Every. Single. Time.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1103788 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, in 1964 roughly half of all twenty-five year old women had never had sexual intercourse before they married. Roughly 75% of American adults in 1964 thought that premarital sex was wrong. Kinda shoots your theory to pieces.
Why don't you go back to your source and post the rate of white children born without a father in 1964 to today's number. The, you might actually have something to discuss.
and you actually believe those numbers? sheesh! i got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you , dear...

roughly half of them probably said they didn't have premarital sex, but that would be a miracle if it were true...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103789 Mar 25, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. That was before the sexual revolution. White girls who got pregnant went to the hospital to get a D&C; or went to a kitchen butcher to get an abortion. Otherwise; they either got married or were sent to a home for unwed mothers and gave the baby up for adoption.
most got married or gave up the child for adoption.....

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1103790 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Are you really this ignorant? The government took over for the father allowing mothers to kick out the breadwinners and rely on the government for food, housing, etc... This attitude has now spread along all races. I can remember while growing up people would do anything or job to keep the stigma of welfare off their persona. Now it is praised and even glorified. The shame of being on welfare and food stamps is long gone. The downfall of this once great country is almost done. What a pity!!!! We once raced to the moon. Now it's a race to the welfare line!!!!
For once we agee on something. The EBT cards were a mistake. They were implimented to remove the public shame associated with food stamps. But, IMO, it was that public shame that motivated people to seek employment. No one wanted to be on food stamps. Now, no one cares. I support the food stamp program but it needs to be fixed.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1103791 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db18....

It's quite dramatic, but you missed his point. It's really hard to have a discussion with you people, because you go off on tangents.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1103792 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The world has a peacekeeping agency. It is called the United Nations. When we go around the world (mostly to oil producing nations) promoting OUR ideals and OUR political sentiments, we make enemies. Being the peacekeepers of the world is not in our best interest. Acting as a member of a united body of nations to deal with conflicts around the world is the best solution. Bush ignored the United Nations and look what happened. We should learn from his failed policies.
what should the US response be to a Russian takeover of Estonia???.....
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1103793 Mar 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you run from me everyday you post here..you know it..i have openly challenged you to show even one post of mine that shows i am a liberal...yet you run every day from those hundreds of challenges...
yes, dear, you run from me every single time you show your cowardly face on these pages...
Every. Single. Time.
Really Hyime? I'm still here liar.

Fantasy & lunacy is fun for you!

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1103794 Mar 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
What should the US response be if Russia moves to annex Estonia????.....
We should let the United Nations take the lead.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1103795 Mar 25, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily joins the tangent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min tyler 242,274
Letter to NFL Commissioners. 2 hr The Military 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Alyssa76 11,019
How Adam got Eve. 10 hr The Serpent 1
Trump Sounds like a fool 11 hr Don Screwball 3
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 11 hr Another Big Lie 1
Trump will lose Votes after today's speech 14 hr Tr ps No Deal 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages