Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1375100 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102951 Mar 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Gotta go now. Later.
Well, THERE'S a surprise... what, did I have too much garlic, sweetie?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1102952 Mar 24, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
ghost on fantasy island again for sure...
Next he'll be saying It's the plane boss!
Dealing with stupid kinda keeps you busy, huh old freak with many names? I plan on putting an Obama sticker on your Yugo soon, maybe next time I come through that low rent district.
Patrick

United States

#1102953 Mar 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about Dr. Ben Carson..
I suggest you watch the movie, "Gifted Hands" and have a wet washcloth handy to wipe all that dried egg off your crusty, know-it-all, annoyingly fat little face.
You really are something, you know that? Just what is the question.
Maybe if you had twins that were conjoined at the head and Dr. Carson was the first to give them their lives back you'd shut the hell up for a change.
Retirement tough?
Immigration law is rewarding.
Think about getting a job or volunteering? GHW Bush "thousand points of light"
-
Angela
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102954 Mar 24, 2014
And there you have it, folks: the conservative mind at work. Whine and cry and bitch and moan, but as soon as you feel the dagger at your throat it's, "Well, I've got to go now and take care of... um... some business." Well go ahead.(Somebody's) got flack's daughter in a vise of his own making, that's all I need to keep me busy... I'm easy...
dem

United States

#1102955 Mar 24, 2014
flack wrote:
Here’s a rundown of why breakfast food costs are rising, and why they could keep going up.
BACON
Bringing home the bacon is costing more.
The price of lean pork in the futures market is at record levels and is up 52 percent since the start of the year, to $1.31 a pound. Traders are concerned about a deadly virus in the U.S. hog population.
That could further boost bacon prices, which were already rising after farmers cut pig production because of higher feed costs. Those cost climbed after a drought in 2012.
The average price of a pound of sliced bacon in U.S. cities was $5.46 in February, up from $4.83 a year earlier and $3.62 five years ago, government data shows.
The retail price of pork is projected to climb by 2.5 percent to 3 percent this year, according to government forecasts.
“You should expect to see very high prices for your ground beef, your other meat cuts, all the pork cuts will be higher this year,” Donnie Smith, CEO of Tyson Foods, said in an interview with CNBC on March 12.
U.S. pig herds have been hit by a virus called porcine epidemic diarrhea, or PED, which causes vomiting and diarrhea in the animals. After the first case in the U.S. was confirmed in May, the virus spread through hog herds during the cold winter. While the disease doesn’t affect people and is not a food safety concern, it can lead to mortality rates of between 80 and 100 percent in newborn piglets. That’s raising concerns of thinner herds as the U.S. heads toward the summer grilling season, when demand typically picks up.
Traders don’t know exactly how badly the virus will impact pork production because it’s the first time that PED has been detected in U.S. herds, says Dennis Smith, a commodity broker at Chicago-based Archer Financial Services.
“It’s become a hysterical market,” Smith says.
Gus Kasimis, 60, manager of the Green Kitchen Restaurant, a New York diner, says that increases in food prices had already become more frequent and that he had been forced to pass on the higher costs to customers.
But he’s not worried that people will stop coming. Instead, they will cut down in other areas, perhaps spending less at more expensive restaurants, if they feel the squeeze.
“They still need to get a decent breakfast,” he says.
Republican....the other 'other' white meat.
dem

United States

#1102956 Mar 24, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like democrats throwing Oreo cookies at him during a gubernatorial debate in 2002?
Best days on topix are when you dopes try and defend your racism by pointing the finger. Funny as hell.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102957 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
PS And you don't know ch!t about the Mafia except what you watch on those Hollywood glitz and glamour produced "Mafioso" TV Shows, dumb ass.
<quoted text>
I know you're all short, sweetie. It's hard to take a bad man seriously when his head is at your ball level and her big liver lips are dripping with pasta sauce... at least I HOPE that's what it is...
dem

United States

#1102958 Mar 24, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
When you hate someone as bad as the Koch Brothers you miss these things...

Tom Steyer...

"The financier is planning to spend at least $100 million on tough attack ads targeted at congressional and gubernatorial candidates in the 2014 election cycle who oppose efforts to curb global warming..."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politi...
Forkface had room for two more Kochs in his mouth.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1102959 Mar 24, 2014
Alarms can be turned off now...

Polar Bears...

"five populations are now classified by the PBSG as stable(two more than 2009), one is still increasing, and three have been upgraded from declining to data deficient(I explain below why this is a promotion)..."

"...That leaves only one population Western Hudson Bay where PBSG biologists tenaciously blame global warming for all changes to polar bear biology, and even then, the data supporting that conclusion is still not available."

http://polarbearscience.com/2014/03/20/polar-...
dem

United States

#1102960 Mar 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>You know nothing about Dr. Ben Carson..

I suggest you watch the movie, "Gifted Hands" and have a wet washcloth handy to wipe all that dried egg off your crusty, know-it-all, annoyingly fat little face.

You really are something, you know that? Just what is the question.

Maybe if you had twins that were conjoined at the head and Dr. Carson was the first to give them their lives back you'd shut the hell up for a change.
Dumb carol is mad?
Lol!
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102961 Mar 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause blacks are just put on this earth to entertain old white racists. Right?
Is there some question? Have you watched a Lakers game recently??? My fear is that we'll start breeding them SOOOOO big that they'll be able to knock airliners out of the sky! Am I being unreasonable?
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102962 Mar 24, 2014
Sadly for you. And since you speak for ALL ... Then sadly what I stated in that post was true.

Well, your 'bright side" is O VER, for now.

Though I'm quite sure many were willing to "fill" my place while I was "silent", as in on Holiday

Willingly but hardly able ... You're just another brick < head > on this thread.

Whether Con or Com, does it really matter, stump ?
Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, Olive, no one has any idea what you're saying. On the bright side, you seem to be silent for a time... and who's gonna argue with that?
dem

United States

#1102963 Mar 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Write this down too. Obama likes the idea of being the president and all the perks that come with being the president, but he doesn't like the job of being the president. He would have been better off - and so would we - if he had auditioned for the role of a president in an Oliver Stone movie. That's what he's doing now...still auditioning.
Write this down, dumb carol.

When you're a republican and your party has just lost to a black dude twice, YOU ARE NOT THE MAJORITY.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1102964 Mar 24, 2014
Today's rising food prices will trap millions tomorrow - case studies
Millions of the worlds poorest people will face devastation from todays rocketing food prices because the global food system is fatally flawed and policy-makers cant find the courage to fix it.

Policy-makers have taken cheap food for granted for nearly 30 years. Those days are gone. Developing countries are bracing themselves for the worst effects of rising corn, soy and wheat prices on their poorest people.

Fragile populations around the world, living on or near the poverty line, will be dragged under by price spikes and volatility. Nearly a billion people are already too poor to feed themselves, so any long-term food spike is guaranteed to trap millions more who are now just getting by. Worrying too is the continuing drop in global corn stocks that are now at their lowest levels for six years .

History is repeating itself and will keep doing so until we tackle the fundamental weaknesses that keep a billion people hungry.

We must stop the obscene waste of food including burning it as biodiesel in our trucks and cars.
We need to tackle climate change and land-grabs and damaging speculation.
We must build up our food stocks and kick-start good investment again in small-holder farmers and in resilient, sustainable agriculture.
- See more at: http://www.oxfam.org/en/grow/issues/food-pric...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102965 Mar 24, 2014
Well, gotta go now, my daughter and I are going to have a late lunch at the Four Seasons.... wait... no we're not! Shame on me! We're going out for a burger at the Two Seasons, my mistake...
dem

United States

#1102967 Mar 24, 2014
Obama! do the soft shoe for dumb carol.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1102968 Mar 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican....the other 'other' white meat.
LOL, that was a good one. And at Flakes expense. Go dem.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1102969 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
You think? Of course you don't. Because if you did, you would know I didn't like that Bush started two wars. And Medicare Part D prescription plan was a bad deal for Seniors.
Just to name a few "things" about Bush I neither liked nor agreed with. Short List.
Yeah, if Gulliani had run, I would have voted for The Italian Guy, not The Bush Illuminati Guy.
Trying that racist schtick again, imbecile. HA! Get a clue and a concept.
PS And you don't know ch!t about the Mafia except what you watch on those Hollywood glitz and glamour produced "Mafioso" TV Shows, dumb ass.
<quoted text>
Talk about lunatic liberals!

Yeah, Bush just forced Bin Laden and the Afghanistan Government to support the people that flew aircraft into the trade towers, right.

ftupid suck!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1102970 Mar 24, 2014
...a new way of conducting business in Washington...

"Examiner Editorial: Harry Reid lets Obama, Eric Holder cover up IRS scandal"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/examiner-editor...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102971 Mar 24, 2014
While the Magadino imposter may need to write it down, your posts states what has been apparent since Barack took office. He doesn't like the job because he can't DO the job.
Make decisions, work with Republican Congress, Lead ...

That's all he's ever done ... Audition for Adulation and Acceptance.
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Write this down too. Obama likes the idea of being the president and all the perks that come with being the president, but he doesn't like the job of being the president. He would have been better off - and so would we - if he had auditioned for the role of a president in an Oliver Stone movie. That's what he's doing now...still auditioning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy May 3 5 min liner 6
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min freelancehobo 58,867
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min pundit 101,744
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,472
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 8,109
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,269
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 6,002
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 213,223
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages