Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394443 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102957 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
PS And you don't know ch!t about the Mafia except what you watch on those Hollywood glitz and glamour produced "Mafioso" TV Shows, dumb ass.
<quoted text>
I know you're all short, sweetie. It's hard to take a bad man seriously when his head is at your ball level and her big liver lips are dripping with pasta sauce... at least I HOPE that's what it is...
dem

United States

#1102958 Mar 24, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
When you hate someone as bad as the Koch Brothers you miss these things...

Tom Steyer...

"The financier is planning to spend at least $100 million on tough attack ads targeted at congressional and gubernatorial candidates in the 2014 election cycle who oppose efforts to curb global warming..."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politi...
Forkface had room for two more Kochs in his mouth.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1102959 Mar 24, 2014
Alarms can be turned off now...

Polar Bears...

"five populations are now classified by the PBSG as ‘stable’(two more than 2009), one is still increasing, and three have been upgraded from ‘declining’ to ‘data deficient’(I explain below why this is a promotion)..."

"...That leaves only one population – Western Hudson Bay – where PBSG biologists tenaciously blame global warming for all changes to polar bear biology, and even then, the data supporting that conclusion is still not available."

http://polarbearscience.com/2014/03/20/polar-...
dem

United States

#1102960 Mar 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>You know nothing about Dr. Ben Carson..

I suggest you watch the movie, "Gifted Hands" and have a wet washcloth handy to wipe all that dried egg off your crusty, know-it-all, annoyingly fat little face.

You really are something, you know that? Just what is the question.

Maybe if you had twins that were conjoined at the head and Dr. Carson was the first to give them their lives back you'd shut the hell up for a change.
Dumb carol is mad?
Lol!
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102961 Mar 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause blacks are just put on this earth to entertain old white racists. Right?
Is there some question? Have you watched a Lakers game recently??? My fear is that we'll start breeding them SOOOOO big that they'll be able to knock airliners out of the sky! Am I being unreasonable?
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102962 Mar 24, 2014
Sadly for you. And since you speak for ALL ... Then sadly what I stated in that post was true.

Well, your 'bright side" is O VER, for now.

Though I'm quite sure many were willing to "fill" my place while I was "silent", as in on Holiday

Willingly but hardly able ... You're just another brick < head > on this thread.

Whether Con or Com, does it really matter, stump ?
Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, Olive, no one has any idea what you're saying. On the bright side, you seem to be silent for a time... and who's gonna argue with that?
dem

United States

#1102963 Mar 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Write this down too. Obama likes the idea of being the president and all the perks that come with being the president, but he doesn't like the job of being the president. He would have been better off - and so would we - if he had auditioned for the role of a president in an Oliver Stone movie. That's what he's doing now...still auditioning.
Write this down, dumb carol.

When you're a republican and your party has just lost to a black dude twice, YOU ARE NOT THE MAJORITY.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1102964 Mar 24, 2014
Today's rising food prices will trap millions tomorrow - case studies
Millions of the world’s poorest people will face devastation from today’s rocketing food prices because the global food system is fatally flawed and policy-makers can’t find the courage to fix it.

Policy-makers have taken cheap food for granted for nearly 30 years. Those days are gone. Developing countries are bracing themselves for the worst effects of rising corn, soy and wheat prices on their poorest people.

Fragile populations around the world, living on or near the poverty line, will be dragged under by price spikes and volatility. Nearly a billion people are already too poor to feed themselves, so any long-term food spike is guaranteed to trap millions more who are now just “getting by”. Worrying too is the continuing drop in global corn stocks that are now at their lowest levels for six years .

History is repeating itself and will keep doing so until we tackle the fundamental weaknesses that keep a billion people hungry.

We must stop the obscene waste of food including burning it as biodiesel in our trucks and cars.
We need to tackle climate change and land-grabs and damaging speculation.
We must build up our food stocks and kick-start good investment again in small-holder farmers and in resilient, sustainable agriculture.
- See more at: http://www.oxfam.org/en/grow/issues/food-pric...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102965 Mar 24, 2014
Well, gotta go now, my daughter and I are going to have a late lunch at the Four Seasons.... wait... no we're not! Shame on me! We're going out for a burger at the Two Seasons, my mistake...
dem

United States

#1102967 Mar 24, 2014
Obama! do the soft shoe for dumb carol.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1102968 Mar 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican....the other 'other' white meat.
LOL, that was a good one. And at Flakes expense. Go dem.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1102969 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
You think? Of course you don't. Because if you did, you would know I didn't like that Bush started two wars. And Medicare Part D prescription plan was a bad deal for Seniors.
Just to name a few "things" about Bush I neither liked nor agreed with. Short List.
Yeah, if Gulliani had run, I would have voted for The Italian Guy, not The Bush Illuminati Guy.
Trying that racist schtick again, imbecile. HA! Get a clue and a concept.
PS And you don't know ch!t about the Mafia except what you watch on those Hollywood glitz and glamour produced "Mafioso" TV Shows, dumb ass.
<quoted text>
Talk about lunatic liberals!

Yeah, Bush just forced Bin Laden and the Afghanistan Government to support the people that flew aircraft into the trade towers, right.

ftupid suck!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1102970 Mar 24, 2014
...a new way of conducting business in Washington...

"Examiner Editorial: Harry Reid lets Obama, Eric Holder cover up IRS scandal"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/examiner-editor...
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102971 Mar 24, 2014
While the Magadino imposter may need to write it down, your posts states what has been apparent since Barack took office. He doesn't like the job because he can't DO the job.
Make decisions, work with Republican Congress, Lead ...

That's all he's ever done ... Audition for Adulation and Acceptance.
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Write this down too. Obama likes the idea of being the president and all the perks that come with being the president, but he doesn't like the job of being the president. He would have been better off - and so would we - if he had auditioned for the role of a president in an Oliver Stone movie. That's what he's doing now...still auditioning.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102972 Mar 24, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Alarms can be turned off now...
Polar Bears...
"five populations are now classified by the PBSG as ‘stable’(two more than 2009), one is still increasing, and three have been upgraded from ‘declining’ to ‘data deficient’(I explain below why this is a promotion)..."
"...That leaves only one population – Western Hudson Bay – where PBSG biologists tenaciously blame global warming for all changes to polar bear biology, and even then, the data supporting that conclusion is still not available."
http://polarbearscience.com/2014/03/20/polar-...
? Sure it is. The ice in the Arctic is MELTING. Businesses are vying for control of the shipping lanes hiterto unavailable to them... but... wait... you must've already heard all this a million times.... so that means.... you want to hasten the end! There's no other explanation! Great! Well, it turns out we both want the same thing: for all this to be over and everybody dead. Rock on, Christian.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1102973 Mar 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your daughter was part of the problem. People who purchase cheap insurance because they are "healthy" are the ones who ended up with inadequate insurance when the unexpected happens and expect us to bail them out through bankruptcy.
The "unexpected" was insured. That's what insurance is. It's not prepaid healthcare or a welfare program. No bankruptcy. Most people don't run to the doctor with their 10 dollar copay for a scraped knee or cut finger. That's what drove prices up.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1102974 Mar 24, 2014
flack wrote:
Today's rising food prices will trap millions tomorrow
NOT... IF... YOU.... STOP... HAVING... THEM... STOOPID...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1102976 Mar 24, 2014
OPEC Oil Embargo, 40 Years Later: Has Anything Changed?
By Marc Lallanilla, Assistant Editor | March 21, 2014 03:57pm ET

Forty years ago this month, the entire world breathed a heavy sigh of relief — though that sigh, and the reason for it, are largely forgotten today.

In March 1974, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), made up primarily of Arab nations, decided to end a six-month embargo that had crippled much of the global economy, frayed the Western world's social fabric and exposed mankind's utter dependence on one limited resource: oil.

Much has changed in the decades since, but is the United States (or any Western power) closer to the "energy independence" that was presented as a critical goal by President Richard Nixon — and every president since?[OPEC Oil Embargo: A Timeline]

Long lines, no gas

Few who were born after the 1960s remember what it was like for consumers during the oil embargo, which started in October 1973 and lasted through a long, cold winter.

"You would rise before dawn," wrote Daniel Jack Chasan in the Seattle Times, "climb into a cold car; drive, slowly, to a gas station … get in line behind the people who had left home even earlier; turn off the engine to save gas; pull your jacket up around your neck; settle down and wait until somebody arrived to turn on the lights, unlock the pumps and maybe let you buy a little gas."

Almost overnight, the price of oil jumped 400 percent, from $3 a barrel before the embargo to $12 a barrel during the embargo, which began as a response to U.S. support for Israel during the 1973 Arab-Israeli War.

As the embargo extended to Western Europe and Japan, the industrialized world's prodigal use of oil and gas came to a screeching halt. By February 1974, about 20 percent of U.S. gas stations had no gasoline to sell, and some simply went out of business.

Long lines, gas rationing and gasoline theft became commonplace.(Locking gas caps were a rarity before the embargo.) Violence and shootings occurred, especially among truckers, whose livelihood depended on plentiful supplies of affordable gasoline.

Cars, which were previously sold for their looks and luxury, were suddenly being marketed for energy efficiency — a tactic that helped Japanese and European manufacturers of small, fuel-sipping cars establish a beachhead in the lucrative U.S. auto market.

Governments react to the embargo

The response to the oil embargo was nothing short of galvanizing. People worldwide became aware — many for the first time — that electric power plants usually rely on oil or coal to operate. This awareness ushered in a new era of energy-efficient appliances, "lights-out" campaigns and home weatherization projects.

In the months and years following the oil embargo, the U.S. government responded by establishing a cabinet-level Department of Energy. Congress also passed important legislation, such as the Energy Reorganization Act of 1974, the Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1976, and the National Energy Act of 1978.

The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve — currently about 700 million barrels (111 million cubic meters)— was also developed as a bulwark against future oil shortages.

These efforts had real payoffs: From 1977 to 1985, the U.S. economy grew 27 percent, even as oil use fell 17 percent and imports of oil fell 50 percent, according to the Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), a nonprofit energy research center.

Additionally, cars became lighter and more fuel-efficient; homes, offices and other buildings became more energy-efficient; and support for mass transit received a big shot in the arm.

In an important symbolic gesture, President Jimmy Carter in 1979 installed solar panels on the roof of the White House. But those, like Americans' newfound embrace of energy conservation, didn't last.
dem

United States

#1102977 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
<quoted text>Is there some question? Have you watched a Lakers game recently??? My fear is that we'll start breeding them SOOOOO big that they'll be able to knock airliners out of the sky! Am I being unreasonable?
Carol likes her blacks neutered. And subservient. Think Carson can dunk a ball like Obama?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1102978 Mar 24, 2014
Progressive economics....

"Detroit...which currently pays $32 to issue and process a $30 parking violation."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/20/de...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man who shot 3-year-old boy was celebrating gan... 7 min bozo 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Dr Guru 216,469
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,699
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 60,012
Chicago has the Worst Women 6 hr Bye Bye 8
AG Lynch proves to be a deceptive liar. 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2,126
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr AngryLeak 102,441
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages