Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659963 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1103425 Mar 25, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you recall a time when Democrats took a blood oath to oppose and obstruct proposed legislation by a Republican president even if it was their damned idea in the first place?
Believe the Democrats stood in solidarity against the Republicans' version of the ACA in the 1990s. They were against it before they were for it. Just the opposite of the Iraq War - they were for it before they were against it.

It's just a matter of which way the political winds are blowing with Democrats - not whether it's the right thing to do.

If the Democrats had been willing to give Republicans some say so in what went into this law, we wouldn't even be talking about it. Because Republicans would have never given so much empowerment to the government and the IRS when it came to our health care.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1103426 Mar 25, 2014
And also how to if in Theory to Suicide and Bombers...

All of that to place it in that Philosophical way...

So to study as anything to interests as if they sooon wouldn't exist anymore?

A oh man Sin ordeal...

Leave at that to stick with a Topic...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1103427 Mar 25, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
A waiver for what dimwit? Incandescent bulbs are still available and legal to buy. Buying them however is dumb. They use more electricity and due to the fact that they produce more heat than light they burn out faster. In the long run despite an initially higher price CFLs are cheaper.
Hey! Aren't you that same moron that said Sweden was doing just fine when they were on the 5th day of rioting?

What planet do you live on, nutcase?

"Incandescent light bulbs stop production"

"It's lights out for America's most popular light bulbs. Starting Wednesday, the 60 watt and 40 watt incandescent light bulbs will be phased out as part of a 2007 energy efficiency law requiring bulbs meet higher efficiency standards."

http://www.wfsb.com/story/24344743/incandesce...

You are a God Damn IDIOT!
dem

United States

#1103428 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Or LA traffic. People should walk or ride a bicycle. Cars are polluting the air with carcinogenic exhaust fumes.

Close down power plants and certain industries and outlaw woodstoves used to heat homes too. They also produce air pollutants that can cause lung cancer.

Maybe we should all stop breathing while the PC police brainwashes us to ostracize smokers.
Both are equally ridiculous.
Now you are getting it. You're dumb. Talk to the brain damaged fetch. She will understand you.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1103429 Mar 25, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You mean operating a business like Matt Drudge and paying his liberty tax? er eh O'bamacare tax on something he does not want.
Matt Drudge lied.How many employees do you think he has? What tax has been assessed? Does he currently offer health insurance benefits?

Paying extra on quarterly payments when there may not be even a tax is just done to dupe the morons on the right.

Location hidden

#1103430 Mar 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Secondhand smoke (SHS) is classified as a “known human carcinogen”(cancer-causing agent) by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the US National Toxicology Program, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC – a branch of the World Health Organization).
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tob...
Woodstoves used to heat homes and car exhaust fumes are also known to be carcinogenic.

Stop being such a wuss and so easily brainwashed. It's unattractive.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103431 Mar 25, 2014
Have you ever had doubt is that why you seek so much believe???

I feel like I had never tried to find that outer feel...I didn't have to is what I mean...

So how about...

Chipmunks and what they could look like in brand-new un explored little grey fuzzy things...

A topic...what have you all learned in the past of what few years???

To an apply application to this NOW in today...

Tuesday seems as to PARTAY...and when there would be a time as always it was to me the weekend and where are their causes those of the 70's I heard we don't need them...but maybe they still do....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1103432 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
Somebodies posts are getting removed faster than they can post them. Wonder who?
Don't be picking on Dupont today...for once he had it right lol.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103433 Mar 25, 2014
Lopez-Cantera says ‘no basis’ for claim Scott staffers used Mexican accents

Lopez-Cantera participated in a conference call with reporters this morning to tout a new $2 million statewide TV ad purchase by the pro-Scott “Let’s Get To Work” committee that hits likely Democratic rival Charlie Crist for supporting the Affordable Care Act. But the call ended after three reporters asked about Fernandez’ departure and the Mexican-accent controversy.

“Mr. Fernandez left to spend more time with his family,” Lopez-Cantera said in response to a query from PostOnPolitcs.com .“This is a diverse organization that we have here and I am confident that there’s no basis for any of that…This is a diverse organization and we don’t tolerate inappropriate comments and I don’t believe they even happened.”

When a second reporter raised the issue, Lopez-Cantera said:“There is no validity that we can find to any of those comments or what was written.”

When a third reporter asked, Lopez-Cantera said he was there to talk about the new ad and “I have already answered the questions on the other Herald thing.”

A moderator then announced the call was over.

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2014/03/lopez-c...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103434 Mar 25, 2014
How many times can we listening be listen... to something and every time it becomes new in meaning...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103435 Mar 25, 2014
Oh and I was thinking to Doves Luftwaffe....

Location hidden

#1103436 Mar 25, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are getting it. You're dumb. Talk to the brain damaged fetch. She will understand you.
Dumb people never have anything to say besides "you're dumb".

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103437 Mar 25, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Have you ever had doubt is that why you seek so much believe???
I feel like I had never tried to find that outer feel...I didn't have to is what I mean...
So how about...
Chipmunks and what they could look like in brand-new un explored little grey fuzzy things...
A topic...what have you all learned in the past of what few years???
To an apply application to this NOW in today...
Tuesday seems as to PARTAY...and when there would be a time as always it was to me the weekend and where are their causes those of the 70's I heard we don't need them...but maybe they still do....
Ey,
here is an Idea why don't you give your attitude to the bartender....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1103438 Mar 25, 2014
While voucher expansion languishes, House gives charter schools more heft
by John Kennedy | March 24th, 2014

While efforts to expand private-school vouchers in Florida have stalled, a push by Republican leaders to help charter schools spread in the state continued to gain traction Monday.

The legislation, opposed by Palm Beach County and other school districts, cleared the House education-budget subcommittee in a party-line vote, with Democrats voting against the measure.

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2014/03/while-v...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1103439 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Or LA traffic. People should walk or ride a bicycle. Cars are polluting the air with carcinogenic exhaust fumes.
Close down power plants and certain industries and outlaw woodstoves used to heat homes too. They also produce air pollutants that can cause lung cancer.
Maybe we should all stop breathing while the PC police brainwashes us to ostracize smokers.
Both are equally ridiculous.
Don't forget the railroads---shut down all the railroads too!!!

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1103440 Mar 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt Drudge lied.How many employees do you think he has? What tax has been assessed? Does he currently offer health insurance benefits?
Paying extra on quarterly payments when there may not be even a tax is just done to dupe the morons on the right.
May not be a tax? I see Obamacare is becoming less and less favorable even to those who claim to support it.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1103441 Mar 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No Sherman The democrats reneged on their promise to cut spending. Just like they always do. Just like they reneged on the promise to close the border if Reagan granted amnesty. Libtards can't be trusted to do what they say. They will stab this country in the back every time for political power.
See what I mean.

Republican President, Republican Senate, Democrat House - its all the Democrats fault.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1103442 Mar 25, 2014
Thanks Obama...

For first time since Jimmy Carter, US labor participation falls below UK

http://conservatives4palin.com/2014/03/first-...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103443 Mar 25, 2014
And for me then ene MADAME...To be talking with in the all in depth to con ver sate...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1103444 Mar 25, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the railroads---shut down all the railroads too!!!
Where ever they are...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Use of 'retarded' as derogatory term is offensi... (Jun '08) 1 hr Tardos-get lost 6,656
Trump is A 1 hr RoseB azzhole 195
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Hah_ 243,103
News Random act of kindness in turbulent world (Jan '10) 3 hr Lookin 2 Climax 5
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 3 hr RaunerRUN Away 15
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr honeymylove 11,602
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Thoughts and Prayers 105,380

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages