Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521427 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

mudhutbuilder

Downers Grove, IL

#1103204 Mar 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you were sick of the ethnic humor coming out of the White House. I know I am.
What are you- the Bad Humor Jerk?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1103205 Mar 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Malaysia Prime Minister: Flight MH370 Ended In The Indian Ocean
He said the data indicated the plane flew "to a remote location, far from any possible landing sites."
"It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, Flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."
He said Malaysia Airlines has informed the families of passengers of the plane's fate.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/mh37...
Yup, it's the fault of Bush/Fox news/Koch Bros./Reagan/AGW/Tri Lateral Commission

“you know i know”

denver

#1103206 Mar 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. There's nothing to suck on there.
I wonder what your point is? I wonder if you know what your point is?
You suck, regularly, down at the docks, behind a dumpster, on Friday night.

“you know i know”

denver

#1103207 Mar 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me which party fought tooth & nail to keep 40 billion oil subsidies yet voted to cut food stamps by 8 billion.
Show me the party that voted to leave tens of millions of Americans without health Insurance.
Show me which party's Governors voted to stop free heath care to millions of their constituents for political purposes.
Food stamps weren't cut, once again you display your ignorance and lies for all to see.

There is no FREE anything, Dopey.

There's no $40 billion in oil subsidies either.

Where's the jobs?

“you know i know”

denver

#1103208 Mar 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to hear a single one of these stories where it didn't turn out the person complaining was only covered for a catastrophic event. That is not insurance. No one can believe a word you people say.
No one can believe a word the liar of the year Il Douche says either, at least 29 times he lied to America about Obamakare.

I posted 2 examples, of course you and Reid say I'm lying.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1103209 Mar 24, 2014
For a president that promised to reduce the national debt, Obama has added a massive seven trillion dollars to that debt. Under his presidency, America has accumulated as much new debt as it did in its first 227 years.

He heads an Administration that produces food stamps, pries into people’s private lives, and sets government agencies against political opponents. Obama is following the guidebook of Saul Alinsky,“Rules for Radicals,” and is putting Alinsky’s primer into practice from the White House. The results of his experiment are devastating.

Under Obama, prices and taxes rose while take home pay fell 7%. Government hand-outs increased dramatically as the national debt has exploded. Recent estimates put 50 million Americans on food stamps, and millions without healthcare.

cont.

“you know i know”

denver

#1103210 Mar 24, 2014
Uh oh, Shrillary warns Iran remains a "grave" threat, better dust off the nukes.

Just kidding, she's just pandering to some numbskulls.

“you know i know”

denver

#1103211 Mar 24, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
HA! Quite an unfounded, woefully uninformed claim.
The claim itself speaks of either willful deceit, or plain stupidity.
But the Coms and the Cons are Brothers In Arms when it comes to stealing identities, running socks, and degenerate deceit.
That's just my Hit List of assessment and ...
Disdain ...
<quoted text>
99% of our prison population would be demorats, if they could vote.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103212 Mar 24, 2014
O Lookie Here! Milhouse "I Am Not A Crook" Gunner thieves again !

That's a DBWriter Line.

Gack! You're getting desperate. Need a Steal to Strike, kitty ?

AHaHaaHaaa ... You Hot Damn Simpleton.

G'Bye ...
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>

You are a GD Idiot.
June Cleaver

Downers Grove, IL

#1103213 Mar 24, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
For a president that promised to reduce the national debt, Obama has added a massive seven trillion dollars to that debt. Under his presidency, America has accumulated as much new debt as it did in its first 227 years.
He heads an Administration that produces food stamps, pries into people’s private lives, and sets government agencies against political opponents. Obama is following the guidebook of Saul Alinsky,“Rules for Radicals,” and is putting Alinsky’s primer into practice from the White House. The results of his experiment are devastating.
Under Obama, prices and taxes rose while take home pay fell 7%. Government hand-outs increased dramatically as the national debt has exploded. Recent estimates put 50 million Americans on food stamps, and millions without healthcare.
cont.
Ward, weren't you a little hard on the beaver last night?

BTW, you also spelled that last word wrong.

“you know i know”

denver

#1103214 Mar 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Saving little lives, making hugely profitable appearances at tea party gatherings and lets not forget those vegga vita mini infomercials.
Remember: Serutan is natures spelled backwards.
Oink, oink, Squeeler.

“you know i know”

denver

#1103215 Mar 24, 2014
2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion <---- Democrats control Congress
2009 FY Budget Deficit $1.4 Trillion
2010 FY Budget Deficit $1.3 Trillion
2011 FY Budget Deficit $1.6 Trillion
2012 FY budget deficit $1.3 trillion
2013 est. deficit $680 billion

This is Obama. The rich get richer, no jobs.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1103216 Mar 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously a pervert, with every answer you connect your pathetic self with some type perversion. You seem to be totally void of the ability to even make sense. Well other than with other baggers as simple minded as you. I guess I should have some sympathy a this is obviously your only communication with the outside world. Take your meds and begin another day with nurse Ratchett.
Ghost suffers from IQ Deprivation.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103217 Mar 24, 2014
I liked your other avatar picture better.
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
99% of our prison population would be demorats, if they could vote.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1103218 Mar 24, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Yeah is moving over from the dark side.
"moving over from the dark side"???

Does this mean he's getting brighter?

Hard to imagine, you know?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103219 Mar 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion <---- Democrats control Congress
2009 FY Budget Deficit $1.4 Trillion
2010 FY Budget Deficit $1.3 Trillion
2011 FY Budget Deficit $1.6 Trillion
2012 FY budget deficit $1.3 trillion
2013 est. deficit $680 billion
This is Obama. The rich get richer, no jobs.
Don’t Blame Obama for Bush’s 2009 Deficit

The 2009 fiscal year began October 1, 2008, nearly four months before Obama took office. The budget for the entire fiscal year was largely set in place while Bush was in the White House.

http://www.cato.org/blog/dont-blame-obama-bus...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

United States

#1103220 Mar 24, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like democrats throwing Oreo cookies at him during a gubernatorial debate in 2002?
Honestly? You're going to bring up that over rehashed lie? What is it with you people? Once you get your teeth into a false narrative you just can't let it go.

Michael Steele has said that "he did not see the Oreos in the air, but when he got up, noticed them at his feet when he stepped on one and heard a crunching sound." In 2006, after numerous witnesses confirmed no one threw any cookies, Steel stated, "I've never claimed that I was hit, no. The one or two that I saw at my feet were there. I just happened to look down and see them."

http://mediamatters.org/research/2006/03/28/c...

“Peace on Earth”

United States

#1103221 Mar 24, 2014
flack wrote:
Today's rising food prices will trap millions tomorrow - case studies
Millions of the world’s poorest people will face devastation from today’s rocketing food prices because the global food system is fatally flawed and policy-makers can’t find the courage to fix it.
Policy-makers have taken cheap food for granted for nearly 30 years. Those days are gone. Developing countries are bracing themselves for the worst effects of rising corn, soy and wheat prices on their poorest people.
Fragile populations around the world, living on or near the poverty line, will be dragged under by price spikes and volatility. Nearly a billion people are already too poor to feed themselves, so any long-term food spike is guaranteed to trap millions more who are now just “getting by”. Worrying too is the continuing drop in global corn stocks that are now at their lowest levels for six years .
History is repeating itself and will keep doing so until we tackle the fundamental weaknesses that keep a billion people hungry.
We must stop the obscene waste of food including burning it as biodiesel in our trucks and cars.
We need to tackle climate change and land-grabs and damaging speculation.
We must build up our food stocks and kick-start good investment again in small-holder farmers and in resilient, sustainable agriculture.
- See more at: http://www.oxfam.org/en/grow/issues/food-pric...
I remember when Bush blamed the rising food prices on India.

"So, for example, just as an interesting thought for you, there are 350 million people in India who are classified as middle class. That's bigger than America. Their middle class is larger than our entire population.

"And when you start getting wealth, you start demanding better nutrition and better food, and so demand is high, and that causes the price to go up."
dem

Chicago, IL

#1103222 Mar 24, 2014
Maybe if carol sees me she will start posting instead of lurking. Her and I dueling master debaters.

“Peace on Earth”

United States

#1103223 Mar 24, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The "unexpected" was insured. That's what insurance is. It's not prepaid healthcare or a welfare program. No bankruptcy. Most people don't run to the doctor with their 10 dollar copay for a scraped knee or cut finger. That's what drove prices up.
The "unexpected" is not insured unless your daughter can cover her high deductible and 30% of all the cost associated with her unforeseen medical needs. The way you talk, I doubt she has the resources to cover those expenses but, no problem, if she gets in a bind she will just file bankruptcy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 240,314
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,284
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 3 hr Defeat Nancy Pelosi 7
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 4 hr Defeat Nancy Pelosi 4
News Scenes from Saturday's March for Science 7 hr Trump is the man 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr honeymylove 2,526
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr SweLL GirL 10,573

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages