Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1781088 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1103514 Mar 25, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
Louisville, KY - Ho-hum, a mob of 200 teenagers rampages through the downtown of an American city, assaulting and hospitalizing people and robbing stores.
The mayor calls for calm.
And nobody outside that local media market, where it cannot be ignored, hears a thing about it.
Now why is that?
Could it possibly be because surveillance video from a convenience store that was robbed shows all the miscreants were black?
Pretty much demonstrates the thinking of a racist pig. OINK, OINK.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1103515 Mar 25, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
She may not qualify for a subsidy. That was determined with the Kaiser calculator based on the number of children.
This freedom idea just goes over your head, doesn't it?
What you don't get is WE, the taxpayers, and the hospitals can't afford to pick up the tab for people like your daughter who refuse to be responsible when making healthcare decisions. She is not free to infringe on the ability of hospitals to deliver affordable care for all.
dem

United States

#1103516 Mar 25, 2014
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag wrote:
<quoted text>Time to go change your grey ghost lovers turd bag, huff it for a quick buzz, JENKEM QUEEN. Pffft pffft, squish, sniff, squirt
Morning, Carol.
dem

United States

#1103517 Mar 25, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The only one that gobbles everything up in education tax money is Karen the hogg Lewis:
https://www.google.com/search...
Fk you brain damaged beitch. We all know you hate blacks. Unless of course you are suc king ones co ck.

Too rude?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1103518 Mar 25, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, then don't date women who smoke. That's easy.
I find it odd that you continue to equate non smoking legislation with liberals. I don't believe that is the case at all.
She equates everything she doesn't understand to liberals. Smoking is harmful to ones own health and it's destructive.

The leading cause of fires is careless smoking.

More than a few serious auto accidents occur each year while drivers are lighting up or fishing between their legs for dropped smoke.
dem

United States

#1103519 Mar 25, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>A naive left winger would rather give his tax money to non-producers or those who hypocritical libs deem "cool."

For example, In 2012, Zuckerberg’s Facebook not only didn’t pay any net federal income tax but was actually due a refund of about $430 million. Why? Because the company (lawfully) deducted the stock options it issues to Facebook employees, many of them now deliriously wealthy because of those options.

If Exxon or Koch Industries had managed that, libs would have been rioting in the streets.

But because it was Facebook — a company that libs deem cool — it was a one-day story that was given very little attention by the left leaning main stream media.

If this company were something that actually made something in a factory or a field, it would have been condemned by every single media hack on the planet.

Never mind that companies like Exxon and Koch supply the energy without which Facebook wouldn’t work: They’re not cool to libs.
You truly are one of the stupidest fks on topix. At least that Jew beitch can claim her fkn brain was crushed. What's your excuse? Somebody fk your brains out thru your ear hole.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103520 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
To quote Richard Dawkins, a scientist (OMG!): "Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." "Religion teaches people to be satisfied with not understanding."
And there we have the reason overly religious people are incapable of using common sense. They have been raised to be blind followers and that is why Republicans are such Talk Hate Radio lemmings.
you miss the boat Spock....

If you think that science cannot be corrupt you are a dipschit....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1103521 Mar 25, 2014
Teachers Resignation Letter After 25 Years Describes Disturbing Era in Public Schools
Mar. 24, 2014 9:44am Liz Klimas
Susan Sluyter has been a teacher for more than two decades. One can imagine that shes seen and adjusted to her fair share of change within the educational system during her 25 years in the field, but the more recent shift in requirements was so dramatic that she resigned last month.
In this disturbing era of testing and data collection in the public schools, I have seen my career transformed into a job that no longer fits my understanding of how children learn and what a teacher ought to do in the classroom to build a healthy, safe, developmentally appropriate environment for learning for each of our children, Sluyter wrote in her resignation letter to the Cambridge Public School District in Massachusetts in February.
The kindergarten and pre-K teacher said shes watched her job requirements [swing] away from a focus on the children, their individual learning styles, emotional needs, and their individual families, interests and strengths to a focus on testing, assessing, and scoring young children, thereby ramping up the academic demands and pressures on them.
As a teacher, requirements for Sluyter included attending classes and workshops that filled her in on new content for her students, which she wrote were like the academic demands for a first- or second-grade student. In addition, she wrote that she has needed to schedule more meetings to address the extreme behaviors of her students, which she believed were the result of them not being able to fully comprehend the content.
I recognize many of these behaviors as children shouting out to the adults in their world,I cant do this! Look at me! Know me! Help me! See me! Sluyters resignation read.
Each year I have had less and less time to teach the children I love in the way I know best and in the way child development experts recommend. I reached the place last year where I began to feel I was part of a broken system that was causing damage to those very children I was there to serve, she continued.
The Washington Posts education reporter Valerie Strauss asked Sluyter to elaborate more on what she experienced that lead her to resign with a broken heart.
Where did these changes start? Sluyter thinks with No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.
Over the years Ive seen this climate of data fascination seep into our schools and slowly change the ability for educators to teach creatively and respond to childrens social and emotional needs, Sluyter wrote to the Post.

(H/T: Daily Mail)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1103522 Mar 25, 2014
It started with upper grades and trickled down eventually into as early as pre-K. She wrote that it started with a push for an overload of literacy and later more standardized testing was added.
We are now expected to build in more math instruction time each day, with math blocks to mirror our literacy blocks. This is kindergarten and pre-K. These are 4-, 5- and 6-year-olds. Children this age do not learn well though blocks of single subject academics, Sluyter wrote.We help them learn best when play is integrated with academics and theme-driven projects extend over time, weaving academics throughout.
Sluyter detailed further demands placed on teachers and children, saying that they can lead to many children starting feel incompetent and frustrated.
She blasted moves to cut play out of pre-K and kindergarten education.
Play is essential to healthy development and deep foundational learning at the kindergarten level, she wrote.
Sluyter also takes issue with teachers having to learn a plethora of new tools and techniques to make sure their students can meet the demands upon them. And then theres the accountability system being forced upon some teachers.
Now, I believe there needs to be a system of accountability for teachers and administrators, but I have seen no evidence that this method (though it takes an enormous amount of teachers time to fulfill the requirements) would actually show anything about the quality of a teachers work within the classroom and with the children, she added.
Sluyter argued that teachers being brought out of the classroom not only negatively impacts student education, but causes students to act out.
Teachers everywhere are seeing an increase in behavior problems that make classrooms and schools feel less safe, and learning less able to take place. Children are screaming out for help, Sluyter wrote.They are under too much pressure and it is just no longer possible to meet the social and emotional needs of our youngest children. They are suffering because of this.
Read the whole of Sluyters explanation and her full resignation letter on the Washington Post.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103523 Mar 25, 2014
Don't worry Liberals, this only applies to Romney and the Koch brothers kids....

"IRS: Obamacare Raised Taxes for Some Children"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/irs-obama...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103524 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to worry about my smoke. But it's none of your business or your concern if people who do want to smoke in the great outdoors or in a private area away from people who don't smoke do so. It's because you and PC liberals have gone out of your way to make it your business that makes you the real nuisance - not the other way around.
You need to accept the FACT that smokers are a nuisance which must be addressed. No one is telling smokers they can't smoke in the great outdoors away from everyone else or in a private area away from people who do not smoke. That is exactly what we want to do... stop smokers from inconveniencing and annoying everyone else with their disgusting habit. Public Health is everyone's business and smoker's are a threat to public health.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1103525 Mar 25, 2014
<quoted text>
So, pick your poison. It's not up to the government to legislate human behavior. Whether it is smoking, drinking, fast food, drugs. People will do what they want to do anyway, always have, always will. They can raise the prices of cigarettes all they want to; people still buy them.
I'm with Carol on this one.
it's not up to government.

so abortion seems to fit in that category. along with birth control.

sexual behavior also.

the choice to ignore your employers religion, to not subject my child to religious teachings, or try to legislate religious beliefs of any sort that i will be forced to deal with.

you may agree, but i'm pretty sure Carol will play the hypocrite on most of those issues.

though personally, i could care less what smokers do as long as i don't ever have to inhale a whiff of their poison.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103526 Mar 25, 2014
Help us federal gubbymint...

ban soap...

"Rashes from wipes, liquid soaps on the rise"

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25049029/rashes-...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1103527 Mar 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it refreshing and encouraging that it is the British who are the ones speaking of reversing military cutbacks and putting "a decent proportion" of their national expenditure into putting a bit of muscle behind Western diplomacy. America is located on a different continent for Pete's Sake. We should not be the first line of defense. "Looking pretty weak" seems to be having a positive effect.
Well, if they didn't learn from the 'first Hitler,' then something's wrong.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1103528 Mar 25, 2014
Hollywood is Racist!!!!!

"John Singleton Says Studios 'Ain't Letting Black People Tell Stories,' Unveils Tupac Biopic Plans (Video)"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-si...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1103530 Mar 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Awful story about those two teenagers who killed a cop and then killed themselves; was that in your area?
In Windermere, where Tiger used to live. They were from a different county and had actually been stopped by the Kissimmee police the prior evening but hadn't broken any laws.

Just a couple of weeks ago and only a half mile away another cop was shot to death by a young man whose girlfriend was with him. He too killed himself.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1103531 Mar 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Or LA traffic. People should walk or ride a bicycle. Cars are polluting the air with carcinogenic exhaust fumes.
Close down power plants and certain industries and outlaw woodstoves used to heat homes too. They also produce air pollutants that can cause lung cancer.
Maybe we should all stop breathing while the PC police brainwashes us to ostracize smokers.
Both are equally ridiculous.
When people smoke they make a decision to be ostracized. Don't complain.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1103532 Mar 25, 2014
Already read that one? Just go ahead and erase it... however, the damage is already done, dear...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1103533 Mar 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>PC police? It cost's about "$600 extra" to recondition a rental home after a smoker has lived in it for a couple of years. Many landlords prohibit smoking in their homes to avoid the hassle.
It's an unhealthy habit and a destructive one.
I can believe that....A number of years ago we had a couple cocktail lounges in Ventura Calif. and we had the white perforated ceiling tiles that we had to repaint about ever six months and you couldn't believe just how much they had discolored. Compared to the freshly painted ones the old ones looked all yellow and nasty just from smoking. Now thank goodness it isn't allowed anymore. Smoking is a very slow suicide, and other people should not have to be a party to that.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1103534 Mar 25, 2014
LMAO! Ah yes, the intellectual left.

While the organized left insist that they are the only ones smart enough to run the world, they remain astonishingly ignorant of how it works. Theyre even ignorant of how the most fundamental parts of laws that they champion operate.

Apparently unaware of how self-employed people pay taxes which is neither new nor a secret liberals at the White House, Talking Points Memo, the Huffington Post, and the National Journal all responded immediately by calling Drudge either a liar or ignorant, or both. After all, the liberal reasoning went, Drudge could not possibly have paid a cent toward his 2014 ObamaCare "penalty" because it's not 2015 yet.

Yes, these wizards who would organize everything and everyone lack even a cursory familiarity with the most basic of tax realities.

What is it Bill Engvall says? Oh yeah:Heres your sign. These liberals really didnt need Engvalls sign at all. They tweeted their own "Im stupid" signs. Some wrote full-fledged low-information articles, including TPMs Dylan Scott and the HuffPos Jeffrey Young.

In none of these attacks on Drudge did it occur to these media maestros how self-employed people are impacted by the tax ramifications of ObamaCare. If Drudge figures hell owe, say, ten million in federal income taxes for 2014 (its probably a lot more), he is required to send in a quarter of that now. He would also be compelled to include charming little IRS add-ons in his payment, like the ObamaCare penalty. Or is it a fee? A tax, maybe? Whatever John Roberts decided to call it, Drudge and other self-employed quarterly filers have indeed started paying it.

What a bunch of INTELLECTUAL morons. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 24 min Bodine 63
evette "m" 1 hr tom selleck 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 243,579
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,871
If only Hillary had won. 5 hr Give her a dirtnap 66
Trump is A (Oct '17) 6 hr Jenkins 866
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 10 hr MPMMB 132

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages