Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1101085 Mar 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Ergo they are not free, ya dumbass.
Sounds like you are one of the worst abusers.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1101086 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The question for you is when did you ever just assume I smoked?
If people who drank wine became the new social outcasts, I'd stick up for them too.
Why aren't you sticking up for people who just want to smoke and are being treated like second-class citizens because they do?
Your halo is askew.
Carol I realize talking to you is a real lesson in futility and I would have better results talking to a fire hydrant. So here goes.....Smoking is a proven health hazard and second hand smoke is also proven to be a health hazard. Having designated areas to smoke is not treating anyone as a second rate citizen. By your logic look at all the people that love to shoot guns, that's why we have shooting ranges. Unless you are a redneck and then any bar or school will do, soon the NRA will be promoting that also. Your argument is asinine and doesn't make any sense what so ever.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1101087 Mar 20, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then a forced tax covers everyone with no option to opt out. This drives the cost of those wanting extra private insurance with competitive costs....... Then its a shared cost for all tax payers.
142,823,000 households filed tax returns....
https://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/...

51 percent of households paid no federal income tax in 2009.

Joint Committee on Taxation,“Information on Income Tax Liability for Tax Year 2009”, memorandum, April 29, 2011.
Carol

United States

#1101088 Mar 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>a future Congress and President could end the welfare subsidies without repealing ObamaKKKare, effectively killing the program...
In your dreams.
Carol

United States

#1101089 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a problem with people smoking vapor? Or someone pretending to smoke with a straw?

Exactly where do you draw your self-righteous do-gooder line?

Are you okay with stoned and inebriated drivers? Or just give dirty looks to drivers smoking e-cigarettes?

Just trying to figure out your hypocritical red line.
Translation. Dumb carol is on the e-cigarettes
Carol

United States

#1101090 Mar 20, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>You're kidding, right? Not one republican voted for it.

Switzerland has an all private system. The government concerns were limited to the poor, like Medicaid here.

The average country with national plans aren't any larger than a state is here. Switzerland only has the population of NYC, just one city. I wouldn't have any problem with states devising there own plans to suit themselves. That leaves room for diverse innovation, not a single way of doing things.
Translation. If it wasn't for Obama and the democrats being the ones that instituted it, you'd be okay with it.
Like we could trust the Koch brothers governors to do the right thing.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1101091 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If people who drank wine became the new social outcasts, I'd stick up for them too.
Why aren't you sticking up for people who just want to smoke and are being treated like second-class citizens because they do?
Your halo is askew.
You told us you smoked, so I guess you were lying then or lying now. Same old, same old.
Carol

United States

#1101092 Mar 20, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to waste my time looking for what doesn't exist.
Got your paw in your pants?
Carol

United States

#1101093 Mar 20, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you are one of the worst abusers.
Sounds like you're an azzhole.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1101094 Mar 20, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave a dollar to a homeless guy whose sign read "I Need a Beer"
Sometimes people need what they need; no need to judge. Once I gave a homeless guy $10 because he said he needed to take the bus; a young woman standing near me lambasted me saying "why would you give him money? He's only going to buy beer or drugs"
I just said, who cares? I don't give with conditions
I happen to agree with you on this one. It's not up to us to judge what people in need are in need of. Our intentions are good enough. And we could be in the presence of angels. Who knows? That's what I think sometimes anyway.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1101095 Mar 20, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what happens when you give in to GOP demands, this was Obama's big mistake it gave insurance companies a lic to print money. Had he implemented full national health coverage as it exists almost everywhere in the world. Then a forced tax covers everyone with no option to opt out. This drives the cost of those wanting extra private insurance with competitive costs. That will never happen when you give the entire insurance industry a captive market. It's pretty simple maths, if the health component is 25% of the national budget then increase taxes to cover that 25%. Then its a shared cost for all tax payers.
All those insurance companies who want fit and healthy 20 somethings on their books it's just a pipe dream with this system. It will never happen so premiums just keep going up as population ages and the nation gets fatter.
This might work if we didn't have such a large population of non taxpaying people.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1101096 Mar 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know if someone is poor?
How would you ID a person you have just met and are not familiar with as being 'rightwing', do people where signs?
You first question is too stupid to respond to as to your second, you ask anyone a few pertinent questions and you can find out pretty quickly what their political persuasion is. Granted since most rightwingers lie it can take a little bit longer.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1101097 Mar 20, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
The question still remains..how will the people who can't afford to pay their premiums be able to pay their co-pays and deductibles? How much of the co-pays and the thousands of dollars in deductibles are these "cost-sharing subsidies" going to pay?
So did all of you people on the right protest when Romney passed the same laws up in Mass? If you Republicans really thought this law was so bad, hell you would be all for it. Your real fear and rightfully so is that it eventually will be a major success and you will be left holding the empty bag again just like all of the other social programs that you said basically the very same things about. PERIOD.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1101098 Mar 20, 2014
Paying their fair share...

Income taxes...

"For households in the lowest income group, the average
rate fell from 7.5 percent in 1979 to 1.5 in 2010."

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...

So what?

You have to have money to give all the needy people stuff....
taxation invariably leads to civil unrest, and private citizens are well armed in the US (hence the take the guns away schtick)....meanwhile BORROWING allows politicians to stay in power and postpones the pain for later generations...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1101099 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only be a drunk and a pothead when it's not on company time.
But you can't smoke in your own car on your own time on company grounds. And they won't hire you if you're honest about it.
Problem solved. Ostracizing and hypocritical selective PC social outcasting complete.
At company parties, they drink and snort cocaine and pass around joints until their hearts' content because they showed those nasty smokers they're the only ones who aren't socially acceptable anymore!
We've gone a little crazy if you ask me.
Isn't selective discrimination wonderful?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1101100 Mar 20, 2014
DaBammy just arrived in Orlando__the last two times he was here motorcade motorcycle cops wrecked.

The POTUS limo aka "the beast" is one butt ugly ride__looks like it ought to have a 50 cal mounted on top.
Carol

United States

#1101101 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>I happen to agree with you on this one. It's not up to us to judge what people in need are in need of. Our intentions are good enough. And we could be in the presence of angels. Who knows? That's what I think sometimes anyway.
What if that angel was gonna donate it to the Democratic Party.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1101102 Mar 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, which would make it a desert, no worries just put a dam in so you have plenty of water and destroy a few million acres so aholes like you can have a green grass lawn.
Homer wrong again, as usual.....
Carol

United States

#1101103 Mar 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You told us you smoked, so I guess you were lying then or lying now. Same old, same old.
Funny how we all knew she smoked yet she thinks she can deny it. Just proves she's a liar.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1101104 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your halo is askew.
I wonder if his attitude would change if there were studies that showed that most smokers were black and/or Hispanic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Learn to Read 182,126
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min No Warming 49,335
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 4 hr Reddog 6
delhi female 7 hr yatharth 1
Fight at Navy Pier 7 hr joey 1
abby 12-26 7 hr Mister Tonka 4
amy 12-26 8 hr Mister Tonka 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago