Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580146 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1101022 Mar 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> In most cases it is to change brand loyalty. Most people are creatures of habit. They do the same things over and over without thought. So most likely the soap you were brought up with is the soap you use as an adult. Not always but you would be surprised if you thought about it.
So your parents were Moonbats also?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1101023 Mar 20, 2014
Indoctrination begins at College...

"What I noticed by the end of my career were students reeling off politically correct (PC) slogans they picked up in other classes instead of responding to my questions. They were not more intellectually curious and receptive to controversial ideas than in the past, but markedly less so. There was no longer any need for students to think critically, as opposed to feeding back to the instructor what were the prescribed, memorized positions."

http://www.popecenter.org/commentaries/articl...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1101025 Mar 20, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather sit next to someone who has been drinking than someone who is a dry drunk!!
Hi Homer! Hope you're well, how's the weather been? Warming up a little?
I'm good, works been crazy, we have had to hire a bunch more people, slowly warming up, we hit 65 a week or so ago but then back in to the 30's. It's like that this time of year, supposed to hit 50 today and next few days then back in to the 30s/40s, maybe even some snow next week. I still have a foot of snow on the ground, of course that is better than the 3 feet we used to have.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1101026 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Right, only stupid people want to be insured.
What is this all about anyway? Your daughter can't afford health insurance or something?
A good product sells itself? You have be a nitwit to say that; if that's true, then why are we bombarded with advertising every single second of every day? tv, radio, newspapers, mail ads, billboards, popups, etc. You just post nonsense every single day.
Obamacare is here to stay, get with the program.
Obamacare has basically been gutted by 'ta da' Obama himself (illegally,by the way). The law that was passed and signed by Obama looks nothing like what we have today. More changes to come. The bill is dead. Most has been repealed by Obama himself.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1101027 Mar 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> In most cases it is to change brand loyalty. Most people are creatures of habit. They do the same things over and over without thought. So most likely the soap you were brought up with is the soap you use as an adult. Not always but you would be surprised if you thought about it.
Yes, I understand brand loyalty, but I still don't buy Tide! There are things my mother used when I was a child that I still use; one is Fels Naptha Soap (brown soap) to remove stains!
It costs a dollar and lasts forever and removes even stubborn red wine stains!
My mother used to use it on fathers white shirt collars!
I still buy Borax too!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1101028 Mar 20, 2014
Then again s long as you are not rightwinger, you could be smoking pot, cigarettes, and pounding vodka martinis and you are welcome to sit next to Homer.

I do not like stupid people, I do no like them Homer I am.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1101029 Mar 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well perhaps that is the rule on the state of Pennsylvania's exchange but not the Federal exchange.
November 25, 2013, New York Times:
WASHINGTON — Just days before the Obama administration’s self-imposed deadline to fix the troubled federal health insurance website, officials said Monday that they were aware of another problem that has prevented thousands of people who were unable to verify their identity from shopping for health plans.
Many users of the website have had their applications cast into limbo after they uploaded copies of documents like driver’s licenses, Social Security cards and voter registration cards, or sent them to the office of the federal insurance marketplace in London, Ky.
Administration officials said the government had established strict procedures to verify that people applying for insurance were who they said they were, in order to prevent fraud and identity theft. But a breakdown in the process instead is causing concern among some consumers about the handling of their personal information.
“I am in no man’s land,” said Roger N. Hampton of Boca Raton, Fla., who filed an application early last month.“I have been waiting patiently for my ID verification to come through, which has not occurred thus far. So I can’t see what plans are available.”
When he tried to file his application online, Mr. Hampton received a message that said:“Your identity wasn’t verified. You won’t be able to submit your application for health coverage until your identity is verified. Submit documents that prove your identity. Once you upload your documents, they’ll be reviewed. The results of your identity verification will be emailed to you.”
Remember, proof of insurance must be sent to the IRS. That involves furnishing your Social Security or Tax ID number.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/26/us/id-verif...
Isn't providing ID an undue hardship?

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1101030 Mar 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it did.(cough)
I laid it out for you and even provided a link to the Georgia insurance plan. I can't do any more than that. You can lead a horse to water...

The upper incomes will pay for the pre-exiting conditions and irresponsible freeloaders.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1101031 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Picture yourself following the Pied Piper out of town.
As someone else put it: "Before the current crop of busybodies, do-gooders and nannies gained political power, we let people do what they like - even if they were hurting themselves - as long as didn't hurt anyone else. We'd only step in if an unwilling bystander was being harmed. That left the door open for the Second Hand Smoke (SHS) attack on smokers."
The first SHS study was done by the EPA in 1993 and is the basis for most of the SHS legislation and restrictions in the US. Once you see exactly what they did, and how they did it, you may never trust the EPA again.
The second study, carefully conducted by the World Health Organization, had some very surprising results. It provides a good example of the dishonesty and outright fraud practiced by the anti-smoker movement.
Can you prove lung cancer and lung disease has gone down since the attack on smokers and second-hand smoke began over two decades ago?
No, you can't.
The facts are: Less than 160,000 deaths are attributed directly to smoking each year. Over a million deaths are attributed to heart disease due to clogged arteries from eating trans fats.
But the PC police like their steaks and loaded baked potatoes.
So you go ahead and believe what the EPA tells you to believe. I'll use common sense if you don't mind.
What's that bullcht got to do with you citing a flake to bolster your nonsense??? Should probably mention that I spend a good many years working in the field of air quality.

The topic was smoking cigarettes doll, not eating steaks.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1101032 Mar 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Most of your questions have been answered. It's just that you people ask the same questions over and over again without going back and checking to see if they have already been answered. Do your own research or keep up.
I wasn't here when they were answered. Maybe you can copy and paste on of those posts.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1101033 Mar 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, according to you, George W. Bush, and the rest of the Republican Party emergency rooms are free.
Once Bush declared that I dropped all my insurance and stopped seeing my family doctor, you just have to not mind waiting a little bit longer.
They are free to most of the worst abusers-we pay for their visits, they don't.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1101034 Mar 20, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Subsidies help pay the premiums, what and/or who is going to subsidize the co-pays and deductibles or are they going to be free? It only makes sense that if you cant pay your premium you aren't going to be able to afford co-pays and deductibles.
"Cost-sharing" subsidies reduce the deductibles, co-payments, co-insurance and total out-of-pocket spending limits for people with incomes up to 250 percent of the federal poverty level ($58,875 for a family of four in 2013).

"Cost-sharing reductions will be applied automatically for consumers who qualify based on their income, but only if they buy a silver-level plan, considered the benchmark under the law."

"A family of four whose income is between 100 and 150 percent of the federal poverty level ($23,550 to $35,325) will be responsible for paying 6 percent of covered expenses out-of-pocket compared with the 30 percent that a family not getting subsidized coverage would owe in a silver plan."

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/features/insu...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1101035 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not killing myself or anyone. We're all just another day closer to dying anyway.
But the next time you belly up to the bar, try to keep the drinking to a minimum so you don't kill someone on the way home. Or beat your wife and kids in a drunken rage. Or spend the food money budgeted to feed your family on one too many rounds.
Homer doesn't drink and drive, doesn't have kids, has never beaten anyone in a drunken rage but if I ever do it will be some dumbass rightwinger not my wife.

I've seen more broke people spending their last dime on cigarettes.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1101036 Mar 20, 2014
Climate and if we appoint people who think like us we are always right...

and then they get caught...

"Lindzen, Christy and Curry appointed to APS climate statement review panel"

'The American Physical Society, which previously issued a highly alarmist statement regarding climate change, is to review it, and has appointed three climate realists to the panel of six."

http://australianclimatemadness.com/2014/03/2...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1101037 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not killing myself or anyone. We're all just another day closer to dying anyway.
But the next time you belly up to the bar, try to keep the drinking to a minimum so you don't kill someone on the way home. Or beat your wife and kids in a drunken rage. Or spend the food money budgeted to feed your family on one too many rounds.
If you are smoking and smoking with people around you, you are killing yourself and them, yes we are all slowly dying, you are just speeding up the process and most likely making your last years agonizing ones.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1101038 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
I tried to give you a funny and it said "invalid post" !!
What about lobster ravioli?
All ravioli actually but spinach is my fave. I make it or by it at BJ's__like homemade the best.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1101039 Mar 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But everyone likes to drink alcohol - can't ostracize alcoholics - no matter how much harm is done by the substance.
It's much easier to target something the do-gooders don't like and go overboard making smokers the social outcasts. Makes them feel better when they get loaded.
Where is the NAACP when it come to defending the rights of smokers to enjoy a perfectly legal substance as long as it is not done on company time? Why aren't they fighting the companies that refuse to hire smokers?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1101040 Mar 20, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't here when they were answered. Maybe you can copy and paste on of those posts.
Why waste MY time? You can go back and search it out just as easily as I can.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1101041 Mar 20, 2014
Tweet on smog and bird choppers...

https://twitter.com/Sebastian_JKT/status/4459...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1101042 Mar 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You proved nothing yesterday. You didn't explain how your daughter was paying less than $500 a month for a Blue Cross/Shield individual policy. Your numbers did not add up.
I did, you didn't open the link I posted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 44 min Moe Greens optome... 16
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 1 hr The New American 39
News Mayor Emanuel, City of Chicago File Federal Law... 2 hr poi pounder 94
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 11,169
Depression, pain n anxiety treatment; 5 hr Gard 3
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 8 hr Alyssa76 3,698
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Beams 63,943

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages