Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394707 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1100503 Mar 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
??HIPAA only gave the right to privacy to individuals from age 12 through 18. GALT is in his 50's, at least.
then you suck at googling.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1100504 Mar 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't argue about that statement. I certainly fought the "magnitude" of the ACA when it was in the planning stages for just that reason. I felt it was too all encompassing but it did became law and it is our obligation to see that it succeeds. Just as it is our obligation to see that Obama's term as president is successful whether you voted for him or not. That is the American way.
Oh yeah? Where does that end? I'll tell you. It ends where tyranny's gun control always ends: gun confiscation. Once that has been accomplished, the next step is extermination. That is the pattern that was historically followed all throughout the bloodiest century in history, the twentieth century. The most common cause of unnatural death during that time? Democide: Death by government. It's resulted in nearly 300 million people being murdered at the hands of their own governments. That's not a fear tactic, it's just the facts.

Prevented this

#1100505 Mar 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 5 million sign-ups.
only about 1 million have paid.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1100506 Mar 19, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Dunce, there was no need for Harry Reid to reveal his source. Mitt Romney admitted himself that he cheated on his taxes by revealing excerpts of his last two tax returns. He paid less in taxes then even the minimum 15%. How much did you pay in taxes? I bet that it was more than Multiple-Millions Mitt did. And I know that you're just a few bucks ahead of living in a card board box by the freeway underpass.
"he cheated on his taxes". Prove it.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1100507 Mar 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't disappear, just had to cut way back on electronic devices. I saw a video on Facebook where every scene showed people staring at their smart phones and I thought "that's me"! Besides, the wife threatened to castrate if I didn't. LOL (I'm a recovering electronics junkie)
Major meltdown of backsliding moron.
Eman is crying out for help with all day marathon of lies.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1100508 Mar 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is not with the Affordable Care Act. The Affordable Care Act set out the requirements and Nevada chose to create their own exchange. Nothing in the ACA caused the problem. "Basich and his insurance broker, Tamar Burch of Branch Benefits Consultants, said the issue appears to be confusion at the state exchange." Got that?
would the exchange have existed if not for the aca? Do simple question confuse you?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1100509 Mar 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
“Good government is less government”
---- Thomas Jefferson
Obviously, we do not have good government. We have Magic Negro government.
there is no reason for the federal government to grow every year. It should be a fixed entity with specific, laid out, duties. Someone should put those duties down on paper. What should we call that paper ?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1100510 Mar 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Real case scenario, my daughter. She, and her family, had health insurance she was perfectly happy with. She was paying $480. a month,$3500. deductible,$30. co-pay. Her insurance, Blue Cross/Shield, was dropped due to Obamacare coverage mandates. A comparable plan was offered at $1900 a month,$2500,$50 co-pay. The cost had quadrupled.
Checking the cost of a silver Obamacare plan (middle cost) on the Kaiser Obamacare calculator, her cost under Obamacare wil be $13,300. a year after subsidies. The silver has a $2000. deductible. She will be paying $13300. for a plan similar to what she was paying almost $6000. for previously.
She was a real independent woman, not some whiner complaining about birth control pills.
Sorry but I don't believe you. Blue Cross/Shield is one of the most expensive insurance plans. There is no way your daughter was only paying $480 a month unless that was her employee contribution. In 2012, in New Jersey, the average employee policy was costing $16,900 with the average employee contribution $4,204.00 a year. As we all know, private individual policies are more expensive. Something isn't adding up. Care to explain?

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/family-c...

Prevented this

#1100511 Mar 19, 2014
Anyone who supports abortion has to be a liberal, it has never been about women's health or women's rights, it is about money for the Democrats: "The child-killing industry: Abortion is the oldest and most lucrative revenue stream to the American Left. On average, about 4,000 babies are killed via abortion in America each day, and the average cost is about $500 per kill. That's $2 million dollars per day, and if you multiply that by 365 days a year you come up with a $730 million annual industry that produces a lot of potential Democratic Party donations from Planned Parenthood, the leading child-killer in the country.

Now you know why Democrats will sell-out racial and ethnic minorities as well as UAW or Teamster's workers they claim to represent, but never sell-out the child killers. There's gold in them dismembered babies.

Without access to the money produced by the child-killing industry, the American Left disintegrates. Especially when you realize that an organization like Planned Parenthood, in addition to being the largest child killer in our nation, is also a mechanism to divert millions of dollars to its political arm — the Planned Parenthood Action Fund — that is nothing less than a shill for liberal Democrat candidates and legislation".

People who call themselves Republicans or Libertarians might want to think again about abortion. Any one who says they are for abortion is funding the liberals.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1100512 Mar 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
??HIPAA only gave the right to privacy to individuals from age 12 through 18. GALT is in his 50's, at least.
Fifties? That old goat was fifty about thirty years ago.
Nostilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1100513 Mar 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
please define success.
Sure. Success is when you actually "win" at something. Now here's my question to you: define "winning?"

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1100514 Mar 19, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah? Where does that end? I'll tell you. It ends where tyranny's gun control always ends: gun confiscation. Once that has been accomplished, the next step is extermination. That is the pattern that was historically followed all throughout the bloodiest century in history, the twentieth century. The most common cause of unnatural death during that time? Democide: Death by government. It's resulted in nearly 300 million people being murdered at the hands of their own governments. That's not a fear tactic, it's just the facts.
Get help.
forks_make_us_fa t

Newcastle, OK

#1100515 Mar 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 5 million sign-ups.
How many are paying?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1100516 Mar 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't argue about that statement. I certainly fought the "magnitude" of the ACA when it was in the planning stages for just that reason. I felt it was too all encompassing but it did became law and it is our obligation to see that it succeeds. Just as it is our obligation to see that Obama's term as president is successful whether you voted for him or not. That is the American way.
We have a person bent on America's repentance through its decline and you want us to help him succeed?

Another useful idiot stands up to applause......
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1100517 Mar 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
But then all of tea baggers would disappear.
Right after the Obama worshipers.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1100518 Mar 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"and it is our obligation to see that it succeeds". Only sheep think that way. Wow!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1100519 Mar 19, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>only about 1 million have paid.
You have it backwards. Insurance experts estimate that nationwide, anywhere between 15 percent and 20 percent of Obamacare enrollees haven't paid.

Prevented this

#1100520 Mar 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
would the exchange have existed if not for the aca? Do simple question confuse you?
That is a great question!! Nevada O'bama care couldn't even handle 20,000 people-- it is a disgrace.
"The problems with the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”) and the systems set up to implement it continue to plague Nevadans. Enrollment is far below target, the contractor in charge of the state’s exchange is the subject of heavy criticism and even some former advocates of the law are echoing the complaints of its opponents.

Enrollment in the system is likely to miss projections by a long shot. The target enrollment figure for Nevada Health Link, the state’s online exchange, was recently cut in more than half, from 118,000 to 50,000.

It is unlikely the exchange will reach even that reduced figure by the end of this month, when the open enrollment period ends. Just 20,930 Nevadans had signed up and paid for a qualified health plan through Nevada Health Link as of March 8, 2014.

http://watchdogwire.com/nevada/2014/03/11/oba...
Nostilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1100522 Mar 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
How many are paying?
Not you certainly...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1100523 Mar 19, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Fifties? That old goat was fifty about thirty years ago.
Well, wasn't sure...that's why I put "at least". Your answer explains a lot. Dementia is an obvious possibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,576
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 2 hr Fa-Foxy 10
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi... 1,660
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 2,681
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr Retired SOF 2,130
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr GEORGIA 6,401
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 8,844
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages