Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1536113 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1100809 Mar 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a total idiot, to which you seem over qualified would look for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. It is pure voter suppression and that is the Republicans only intent. You Baggers are worse than storm troopers. Just not as smart.

Can you prove voter suppression? The figures show otherwsie

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1100810 Mar 20, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really broke him down with facts, Jew Kkkhunt.
Dem is another typical drunk union worker. They sit in the bar on the sout side of the loop until 10 and then they work until 11 and go back to the bar and drink until they check out at 3.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1100811 Mar 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Turnout depends on how contested the election is & wether there are other issues on the ballot.
Nice to know you right whiner POSs are still trying to CHEAT to win elections.
Minorities are disproportionally highly represented in the group of eligible voters that do not have a photo ID.
You cheating asswipes pass photo ID laws to stop some of these people from voting because they typically vote Democrat.
I have an idea. Why don't you try to win elections with better ideas & better governing. The idea you have to cheat means you admit you have neither.
"Minorities are disproportionally highly represented in the group of eligible voters that do not have a photo ID."

Do they ID's to get their welfare checks? How about their food stamps? Their free healthcare? Their HUD housing?

Prevented this

#1100812 Mar 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I purchased coverage through the exchange & did not have to show a photo ID or any ID to anyone.
So in other words, as evidenced by your own post, ILLEGALS are being insured. Another lie O'bama and the democrats told. When will it ever stop?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1100813 Mar 20, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Only a liberal would promote bestiality. Everyone knows bestiality is the next genre of the radical homosexual agenda after they get pedophilia recognized as a sexual preference. Democrats are the party of freaks after all.
Ghost gets sexually aroused at the sign of the beast.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1100814 Mar 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to explain...About 3-4 years ago I came on here for my first time ever on a political forum. I didn't realize it at the time that you never want to tell these people anything ever.but I tried to be cordial and honest. So I revealed a few things about my life, and every since then it all has been twisted and lied about along with being ridiculed about every thing that I tried to be honest about. Now all that have a different political view will bend and twist and call you a liar about everything. Since it bothers you and you seem to be the only one I will no longer referred to you any longer as one. But I've learned the hard way that there is no being nice on here. The only way you can maintain your sanity IS FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE. I apologize if I have offended you. This has absolutely nothing to do with the military...It's me as a fellow American.
You have the social skills of a rock and the sensibilities of a Wilda Beast in heat.

Your most attractive trait is your silence.

Prevented this

#1100815 Mar 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to explain...About 3-4 years ago I came on here for my first time ever on a political forum. I didn't realize it at the time that you never want to tell these people anything ever.but I tried to be cordial and honest. So I revealed a few things about my life, and every since then it all has been twisted and lied about along with being ridiculed about every thing that I tried to be honest about. Now all that have a different political view will bend and twist and call you a liar about everything. Since it bothers you and you seem to be the only one I will no longer referred to you any longer as one. But I've learned the hard way that there is no being nice on here. The only way you can maintain your sanity IS FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE. I apologize if I have offended you. This has absolutely nothing to do with the military...It's me as a fellow American.
what a racist you are!

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1100816 Mar 20, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
The insurance industry has been offering policies based on risk. Obama has decided the
government will now pick up that risk. Allowing children to stay on their parents policy is another example of the government dictating risk assessment.
Now that is basically all that Obamacare has to offer. Everything else is simply an attempt to control a $ 2 Trillion industry. There is no lower premiums, you can't keep your Doctor, you can't keep your policy, there is no tort reform and you aren't saving $ 2500 per family.
Also when your company cancels your policy and forces you to purchase health care in the exchanges, you will be paying will AFTER tax dollars. In other words, another tax increase.
Why anyone thinks the government could run healthcare better than they run the Post Office is delusional.
What a crock.

By allowing children to stay on policies until 26 does not set any risk at all.

The ACA set guidelines for minimum coverage & changed some rules involving pre-existing conditions, etc.

I have news, that does not control/run the Health care industry.

For you information since you are so uninformed, the ACA directs people to chose their policies from private insurers to get care at private hospitals & private doctors.

No one os forced to by anything in the exchanges.

The ACA forced no one to no longer keep their doctor.

Lets see if you can run a company that delivers a piece of ail to anywhere in the US for under 50 cents and you have to drive by every mail box in the US 6 times a week.

You people are dumber than sh*t.

Blain, PA

#1100817 Mar 20, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>So in other words, as evidenced by your own post, ILLEGALS are being insured. Another lie O'bama and the democrats told. When will it ever stop?
Not at all.

They know my SS, employer etc.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1100818 Mar 20, 2014
Archer Daniels wrote:
<quoted text>
How about me? Should I stop stalking you or are you ok withy it in this instance? I just spent three days totally wasted in the Sheraton in Hartford and it's STILL less than one night at the Fess Parker motel... what's up with that?
Good morning. If you have been to one Sheraton, you've been to them all. The Fess Parker is a Hilton resort that is like no other. The problem with Santa Barbara is the weather. We may not have snow but we do have what we call the June Gloom when the marine layer rolls in. It can last all summer making a day on the beach very unpleasant and leaving tourists wishing they hadn't dished out that $300 a night for a room.

Blain, PA

#1100819 Mar 20, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Tell the class how many were cancelled and how many had lifetime caps, exactly--give us some numbers-'cause you know numbers never lie--but liberals do.
In the past 12 years I have had 4 different policies. In no year has the premium remained the same. You get a call or letter that says your existing policy will not be offered next year & here are some options.

If you actually knew anything about buying insurance you would know this.

You people are a bunch of ignorant people having a fit about something they do not understand.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1100820 Mar 20, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"However, making the first monthly payment isnít the same as making 12 of them.
Lost in the discussion is that the individual health insurance market is very volatile, for several reasons. People who buy individual coverage tend to have lower incomes, and so a major car-repair bill or some other unexpected expense can cause them to miss their premium payments."
You are forgetting one major factor...subsidies. Those with "low incomes" now have their insurance subsidized by the government. It is costing them little or nothing which leaves them with the funds necessary to, hopefully, save for unforeseen expenses. The whole intent of the Affordable Care Act is to make the health insurance market less volatile.

Prevented this

#1100821 Mar 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
They know my SS, employer etc.
the same thing all illegals say.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1100823 Mar 20, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Only a liberal would promote bestiality. Everyone knows bestiality is the next genre of the radical homosexual agenda after they get pedophilia recognized as a sexual preference. Democrats are the party of freaks after all.
You are one twisted lap dog, skunk breath. Also your hummingbird azz has once again overloaded your alligator mouth, and your canary brain is barely able to navigate that gorilla strut. Last but not least may that elephant that you worship caress you with his toes and the bird of paradise fly up your over used azz.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1100824 Mar 20, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
Here's what Democrats are counting on for "next president":
Clinton Goofs on Russian Translation, Tells Diplomat She Wants to 'Overcharge' Ties
"Secretary of State Hillary Clinton learned that lesson the hard way Friday when she presented Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov with a gift bearing an incorrect translation -- one that implied hostility, rather than peacemaking. "
We can count on her for that 3AM phone call!!!
Benghazi? What difference does it make!!
Baawwaahhh!!!!!
Democrats are a disgrace.
There you go again, whoopin' it up big time over a translation committed in 2009 and laughed about by both parties. You really gonna' spout this stuff to defeat Hillary in 2016? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1100825 Mar 20, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>what a racist you are!
See what I man forks...fk you and the empty headed elephant you rode in on, loser.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1100826 Mar 20, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
How many have lost their insurance?
How many are paying more now than they were paying before?
How many more people are on medical assistance (and therefore not paying for their insurance)?
What is the ratio of young/healthy people vs older/sick people (the ones paying into the program vs the ones spending)?
How many people still have no insurance?
How many are choosing to pay the fines instead of signing up?
Why don't you research the information yourself from accreditable sources and provide the answers? Tick, tock.

Prevented this

#1100827 Mar 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one twisted lap dog, skunk breath. Also your hummingbird azz has once again overloaded your alligator mouth, and your canary brain is barely able to navigate that gorilla strut. Last but not least may that elephant that you worship caress you with his toes and the bird of paradise fly up your over used azz.
so let me ask you--if you marry a donkey, is the donkey the slave or are you a slave--nonetheless, one according to you is a slave-so you would only get reparations of 40 acres. I think it would be considered that you already have the mule.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1100828 Mar 20, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove voter suppression? The figures show otherwsie
,then show them. There is no voter fraud to begin with. The extent you idiots on the right will go to and then defend is an affliction.

Blain, PA

#1100829 Mar 20, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
My little world is just what I dreamed it would be. Sound corny? It's true. At this point in my life, my conscience is so damn clear it gives me nightmares. Not because I'm guiltless mind you, but because there ain't a damn thing I can do about it. And I enjoy my time here with these good folks, all of them, right or left. It's as fun for me as it is for you. This is where I argue politics. Nowhere else. Not any more.
Hog hunting with a sword? Seems kind of impersonal. Once the dogs got it stretched, we used to poke em with a pig sticker, maybe 8 inches long. But what a rush, testosterone mixed with adrenaline and beer, makes a pretty heady mix......'back in the day', as they say.
Nothing more exiting that poking a defenseless animal with a 8" sticker.

What's next, gathering kitten at the "free kittens" signs and seeing how many sticks with a toothpick it takes to kill them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min WelbyMD 241,012
Supply of m-oll-y, tar,ku*sh etc 2 hr Chicago IL 1
News Chicago's population decline continues for the ... 8 hr Cheech the Conser... 6
News Thaddeus S. "Ted" Lechowicz, 1938-2009: Cook Co... (Jan '09) 13 hr Jackson Browne 2
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 16 hr Earl 54
An EF-5 tornado would knock the Willis Tower ri... 20 hr Storm guy 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 hr Comrades 105,189

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages