Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Mr Lib

United States

#1098940 Mar 17, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
We were attacked on 9/11 because Clinton did nothing after numerous attacks both here and abroad during the previous five years. The enemy thought we were weak.
It was under Clinton the CIA and FBI anti-terror units received greater funding and were expanded. The CDC was provided with stockpiles of antidotes for Smallpox and Anthrax.

Clinton wanted tighter airport security and bank tracking of suspected terror financiers, but noooo... the GOP Senators refused to go along. The banks and airline companies told them not to.

Clinton also tried to take out Bin Laden with a cruise missile strike on his HQ in Afghanistan.

Did Bush try to take out Bin Laden prior to 9-11. Nooooo. No cruise missile strikes authorized by Bonzo.

You GOP hypocrites never breathed a word of protest regarding Clinton's anti-terror policies until AFTER 9-11.

Why? Because after Chimp totally screwed up, you were desperate to blame it on someone else.

Face the facts. Bush was warned and did nothing. Unlike Clinton who actually did something.

Repugnants have no credibility.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#1098941 Mar 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello?? Who said anything about invading? Do you really think Obama has shaken Putin's resolve? Obama would have been better served threatening Putin with a stern tongue lashing. He can't even bring himself to do that.
And YOU're chiding him for it, you lugnut. Of course he isn't going to invade, but you "no dog in that fight" act like you would.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1098943 Mar 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it wasn't just liberals...
with two wars raging and an economy in total shambles, health care reform was the number two item on exit poll voter's minds back in '08. not just liberals but the whole nation.
this was due to the average of 13.1% increases per year for a decade in health care insurance premiums...and the huge rise in people going bankrupt due to health care issues...not just liberals, but people across the political spectrum. people who supposedly did everything right. worked hard, paid health insurance fees their whole lives,and then got cut off due to caps or pre-existing conditions i f they had to change jobs...
funny how you have to lie about his issue...the facts are right there for all of us to see, even you...
I see you weren't paying attention during our first lesson. Words have meaning.

whole/h&#333;l/

adjective
1.all of; entire.
2.in an unbroken or undamaged state; in one piece.

"Exit polls are surveys of a small percentage of voters taken after they leave their voting place" yet you want to claim hcr was on the mind of the "whole nati
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1098944 Mar 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s see what the Constitution of the United States of America has to say about Obama’s pen.
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
He shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
I don’t see anything here about Obama having the authority from the Constitution to write his own laws, moron. All I see is Obama is required to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.”
This means Obama violated the Constitution every time he rewrote the ObamaKare law, just for one example.
Should we go over all the laws Obama wrote in violation of the Constitution?
Should we go over all the laws Obama is ignoring?
Should we go over all the laws Obama is violating?
Should we go over how Obama has joined the Islamist terrorists at war with the United States and made the White House part of the Islamist terrorist network?
lol! you shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about son.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1098945 Mar 17, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
What changes? Tell me how a law can be changed by a president. Why have people's representation in congress if a president can change laws to his liking.
If I were you, I would read how fascism is a powerful government's control of production and distribution, and therefor, a ruling control of the people.
Tell me how a single energy company in one state or grid is at a disadvantage to another energy company in an other area? There is very little competitiveness with power companies. They raise the cost of their energy to the customers in their area to compensate for their carbon tax losses.
I sear you Tea Party idiots take classes in being stupid.

Example. You people are having a fit because Obama is changing overtime pay rules. Do you know when it was done last time??? Under Bush & I have some news, it was not through Congress.

The executive branch gas leeway in enacting legislation that is written into the laws. When the various departments were set up, they were given certain authorities.

Ow about you do some studying on how the cap & trade for acid rain worked. How it made "dirty" energy more expensive than "cleaner" energy. The same way would work for carbon emissions.

You should really quit regurgitating TeaParty rhetoric & become better educated.

You are making an ass out of yourself.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1098946 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can tell us what legislation the Democrats passed in the first 9 months of 2007 that created the recession, housing collapse, and near financial meltdown.
Oh wait, you can't. You will just tuck your tail between your legs and run away yet again.
Here are the Democrats spewing outright lies negotiating with the Republicans to get no effective oversight of their Marxist CRA program in exchange for Democrats supporting the war in Iraq:
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1222905...

The Democrats didn't oppose the war in Iraq until there was nothing more the Republicans could give them.

Lesson learned: Never negotiate with Democrats or terrorists. Any concession you give them will do you great harm later. The proof is the economic collapse the Democrats' Marxist CRA program caused after two years (fuck you) oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse.

Dealing with Democrats is like living with a rattle snake. You know it's going to bite you. You just don't know when.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1098947 Mar 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person on this thread who really hates Jews is you. You continually claim that any Jew who is a liberal isn't a Jew. Any Jew who doesn't share your extremist views isn't a Jew. I have to believe that real peace loving Jews are disgusted by people like you who give them a bad name.
Isn't that amazing? Some of them believe that imposing their will on others is some sort of 'natural right.'

Carlisle, PA

#1098948 Mar 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
after Republicans take the Senate in November, your boy will be a eunuch.....
but will continue to party on, living the good life while people are unemployed...
live with it.....
When all else fails, out comes the racial slurs.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1098949 Mar 17, 2014
Penelope Cruz-Bardem wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh cheeses extra christ, proof there ees no teeny tiny talkingt texan turd circling the crapper every time I or Javier flush. Go ahead ju third-grade dropout, PROVE EET! Do ju fail to see how thees works? Eet ees virtually EENFINITE the number of theengs you pull for jur ass that ees not only unprovable, but HIGHLY IMPROBABLE -- EEEEEEDIOT!!!
Got a bite here....

Let's go over this again.

Religion - a belief based on faith.

Show us your proof that God doesn't exist, moron.
You religious nuts really fuckup the world.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1098950 Mar 17, 2014
Hey dummies and normal people.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1098951 Mar 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... maroons.
In case you're new here, we blame Democrats for the economic collapse they caused with their Marxist CRA program, moron. You need to keep up with what's posted here.
lol! And that's why you're a moron son.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1098952 Mar 17, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Just like a drunken, old teabagger, you want to invade a foreign country with somebody else's kids. Don't you think we had enough war for awhile?
All we need is is protect and defend the interests of the US. A weak Community Organizer has emboldened Putin who will continue to make Obumbler irrelevant on the world stage.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1098953 Mar 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The American people need to be educated about the facts first. It is a slow process but I do see people opening their eyes to the war crimes committed by israel. People now seem to understand just why the Middle East is angry with the U.S. We have supplied israel with the "aircraft, helicopter gunships, missiles, bombs and bullets for attacks against Palestinians and blocked any international condemnation of Israel in UN." This has got to stop if there is any chance of peace in the region.
israel now manufactures many of the weapons of war. I think most of the aid is now given in cash, so it eliminates the option to even 'buy US', which was once a stipulation.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1098954 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I sear you Tea Party idiots take classes in being stupid.
Example. You people are having a fit because Obama is changing overtime pay rules. Do you know when it was done last time??? Under Bush & I have some news, it was not through Congress.
The executive branch gas leeway in enacting legislation that is written into the laws. When the various departments were set up, they were given certain authorities.
Ow about you do some studying on how the cap & trade for acid rain worked. How it made "dirty" energy more expensive than "cleaner" energy. The same way would work for carbon emissions.
You should really quit regurgitating TeaParty rhetoric & become better educated.
You are making an ass out of yourself.
The President doesn't have the authority to write his own laws, moron.
The President doesn't have the authority to set wages, idiot.

Or, you can prove that wrong.

Show us the text in the Constitution that allows Obama to write his own laws and set wages any company has to pay its employees.

You're not saying something like Obama is violating the Constitution by writing his own laws and setting wages in the country, are you?

Well, then, show us that text from the Constitution.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1098955 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You say "sinking America" & you blame the poor in the typical right whiner reaction.
My God, don;t blame those that created the recession that sent millions to the unemployment line & to the food stamp program.
Nooooooooooooo.
Its all the fault of those caught up in that recession.
How about we quit giving tax breaks for taking jobs overseas. But nooooooooooooooooooo Right Whiners won't allow that.
How about raising the poor up instead of perpetually financing their condition with money borrowed from future generations.

You're not grasping. These so called, one sided, free trade agreements enable the taking of jobs overseas. When you use words like "Right Whiner", Reich Winger, and so on,, you've lost. You look like you're just following a herd and chanting slogans. When an attempt is made to address these agreements, or really economic pacts, that send jobs overseas, words like isolationist come out. So, live with it.
Retards Imbeciles

Tampa, FL

#1098956 Mar 17, 2014
It is amazing how the dumbshits on here are still talking about Obama, You are a pathetic bunch of ass+holes. With all that is going on with the destruction of our rights, no-knock raids on the innocent, the killing of small animals by the big government animals it behooves me that America hasn't collapsed long before this.

It is my greatest dream for the American flag to be torn down and another nation to take over America, like the Chinese or Russians. You don't deserve to have America, you don't really care for it. All you want is money and more money. So keep selling out your country and yourselves and good riddance to you and your greed. Eventually my dream will come true and it appears that it will be sooner rather than later.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1098957 Mar 17, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! you shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about son.
Please elaborate....

Let’s see what the Constitution of the United States of America has to say about Obama’s pen.
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
He shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
I don’t see anything here about Obama having the authority from the Constitution to write his own laws, moron. All I see is Obama is required to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.”
This means Obama violated the Constitution every time he rewrote the ObamaKare law, just for one example.
Should we go over all the laws Obama wrote in violation of the Constitution?
Should we go over all the laws Obama is ignoring?
Should we go over all the laws Obama is violating?
Should we go over how Obama has joined the Islamist terrorists at war with the United States and made the White House part of the Islamist terrorist network?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1098958 Mar 17, 2014
What are wealthy people driving?

These people are smart right?

HINT: Not Corvettes...

"Luxury models led the list of the 10 most popular cars for people earning over $250,000: The Mercedes E-class, Lexus RX 350, BMW 5 Series and 3 Series had the top four spots. But most surprising is the cars that rounded out the top 10: Three Hondas, a Toyota, an Acura and a Volkswagen"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2011/...

Carlisle, PA

#1098959 Mar 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... maroons.
In case you're new here, we blame Democrats for the economic collapse they caused with their Marxist CRA program, moron. You need to keep up with what's posted here.
More proof right whiners just don't have the courage to blame themselves for the mess that they know they created under Bush.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1098960 Mar 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Palestinians are armed there will be no killing. Israel only attacks them because they are unable to fend for themselves. Arm them and israel will be forced to stop their settlement expansionism and be more willing to negotiate in good faith.
The Palestinians were armed since 1920 and caused numerous wars and death. They can't be trusted and need to be disarmed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Walter 187,824
The Jar, what life is all about. 1 hr Thye human being 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 53,037
Core Aspects In Testo XTRM Across The Usa 2 hr jorgeleone 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 69,797
College Scandals 11 hr music 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 hr Red_Forman 5,947
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]