Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396590 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099668 Mar 18, 2014
As usual, my problem is the same as the problem the military has: we both want everybody to love us. Ahhh, well.. what are you wearing, 16? I'm not asking this to embarrass or denigrate you... I'm asking because it's who I am... I actually CARE what you're wearing over your body. This distance between us is sooooo vast... and yet... I can call you close with just a thought... an image I create myself - with your help (yes, I heard you have one of me too) I suspect this is the future of mankind... We just... cast about for someone we want... wish for... If you never sleep with me, neither of us will be disappointed - beyond a physical need... It's a conundrum... I want you.. you want what you have... right? I CAN'T stop thinking about peeling your stretchpants off... do you forgive me? Do you understand me?...

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1099669 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
That settles it. You fall into the hopelessly gullible category.
Ok Carol, So you had nothing to say?

What did the Republicans do from 1993 through 2006 to fix healthcare? Evidently you think they did something. What was it??

Please list the Republicans in Congress that were thrown out of committee meetings. Refused a seat at the table?

Your party did nothing except add an unfunded drug benefit to Medicare..

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1099670 Mar 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our servicemen go where they are told. No war in Iraq. No U.S. soldiers killed. Pretty simple fact if you ask me. I appreciate our military enough to see that they are kept out of harms way. Warmongers don't care.
The war in Afghanistan continued long after the Iraq War ended. Are you saying Obama is a warmonger?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1099671 Mar 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar Energy Storage About To Take Off In Germany and California
Visitors to last week’s Intersolar North America conference in San Francisco could not help but notice the presence of a benign invader: energy storage vendors. Half the second-floor exhibition space at the Moscone West convention hall had been rented by energy storage companies.
According to Markus Elsaesser, CEO of Intersolar, the number of companies exhibiting energy storage technologies at Intersolar has increased from about a dozen just three years ago to more than 200 this year.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/justingerdes/2013...
storage has always been the weak point in soar power systems..

we used to have golf cart batteries..now they are a tad bit better, but not too much...

solar power is by far the best answer to individual home electrical power supply. it is definitely the way most homes will generate most of their electricity in the future..

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1099672 Mar 18, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you, for instance..? You ARE going to sleep with me, I don't care WHAT he thinks... I HAVE to see those stretchpants..
Well, I have to admit you do have me laughing. Thanks for that. Now, I really do need to get busy with my day. Enough toying with these ornaments of idiocracy.(Wish I had your gift of irony and satire).

Orlando, FL

#1099673 Mar 18, 2014
Relatively few people know that the Affordable Care Act hamstrings the government's ability to collect the penalties.

When it passed the Affordable Care Act in 2010, Congress banned the IRS from using any of its usual techniques to force people to pay the penalty for failing to obtain health insurance.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Isn't anyone on the left even asking what the heck this was all about?

St. Croix valley

#1099674 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
The Internal Revenue Service probably will bark at you if you fail to obtain health insurance next year, but the agency won't have much bite. On this issue, Congress pulled the watchdog's teeth.
"They might send you a sternly worded letter," said Andy Grewal, a University of Iowa law professor who specializes in tax issues.
And if you toss the IRS' hectoring note into the recycling bin, you should brace yourself for, um, another sternly worded letter.
Relatively few people know that the Affordable Care Act hamstrings the government's ability to collect the penalties.
When it passed the Affordable Care Act in 2010, Congress banned the IRS from using any of its usual techniques to force people to pay the penalty for failing to obtain health insurance.
This was all just a big joke to make sure we got what Obama thought we deserved - a diminished economy and military.
and after that they start garnishing your wages and actually taking it out of your bank account...

the ACA did not prevent then from using these legal methods to get you to pay your due..

you should research more...

busted!
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099675 Mar 18, 2014
16, is it bad that I speak to you in an anonymous chatroom like you were the most precious and alluring woman in the world? Cause if it is, I might stop... otherwise... hold up your hand... I'll kiss your fingers... make up in a small way for all you gave up for... security... what's the harm?[Hi, Bob!]
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099676 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The war in Afghanistan continued long after the Iraq War ended. Are you saying Obama is a warmonger?
Um... nah.. I'm saying it takes as long to erase a mistake as it does to make one. Look at your marriage...

St. Croix valley

#1099677 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
as that was the rer on terrorism...bush ran from this war and pissed asay the worldwide coalition he had to fight terrorism to get his personal war in iraq.

that is his legacy till the end of time...

Worst. Military. Exercise. Ever......

Orlando, FL

#1099678 Mar 18, 2014
No one knew anything about this missing jet for almost a week and now suddenly they know it flew at 45,000 feet long enough to deprive the passengers of oxygen and then flew at 5000 feet below the radar.

How in the heck do they know this?

St. Croix valley

#1099679 Mar 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come now... In the past century alone there have been four wars between the Israelis and the Jews, a war between Iraq and Iran, and, of course, the Persian Gulf War. None of which solved anything which means...more wars will erupt in the years to come. Do you honestly want to keep dragging us into these foreign conflicts? Leave them alone.
where hasn't there been wars constantly?

your posts deny reality and the political and social interactions of the region.

a very simplistic view, based on very limited information..

again...we don't need elementary level posts on this topic...gain some knowledge, then join the discussion...

Orlando, FL

#1099680 Mar 18, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the Lame Stream Media that elected what they thought was their Messiah. They doubled down in '12.
They ignored all the warning signs of exactly what an inexperienced Community Organizer could do to the country. We will all pay the price for what the LSM perpetrated on the country in the name of 'fairness'.
The liberal media is solely to blame. The corrupt liberal media. We're in very big trouble if our sites aren't turned to this very real danger very soon.
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099681 Mar 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have to admit you do have me laughing. Thanks for that. Now, I really do need to get busy with my day. Enough toying with these ornaments of idiocracy.(Wish I had your gift of irony and satire).
I LOVE you! I DO! WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE ME? You're so smart and cute... and I'm... whatever it is I am... ALLLL righty, I get the message... I have to put some clothes on and go out and find a real girl...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1099682 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Isn't anyone on the left even asking what the heck this was all about?
Not exactly true. The IRS can collect the penalty from those that do not voluntarily pay by offsetting any refund, current or future, due the taxpayer. For those that are not entitled to a refund, the penalty does not go away; it will be carried to future years.

Orlando, FL

#1099683 Mar 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that made sense at all and had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that i showed your previous post to be pure bullshit...
par for you...
is there any reason you even try anymore?
USA Today is not exactly a rightwing rag.

You've been duped, my liberal friend...royally.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1099684 Mar 18, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Carol, So you had nothing to say?
What did the Republicans do from 1993 through 2006 to fix healthcare? Evidently you think they did something. What was it??
Please list the Republicans in Congress that were thrown out of committee meetings. Refused a seat at the table?
Your party did nothing except add an unfunded drug benefit to Medicare..
Sometimes doing nothing is better than destroying it the way Nancy, Harry and Barry did.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1099685 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal media is solely to blame. The corrupt liberal media. We're in very big trouble if our sites aren't turned to this very real danger very soon.
WIth LIV's and liars like Obama who was not held to the high standard expected of the media we got exactly what we deserved.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1099686 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he did. But you just fell into the 'really this stupid' category.
So, besides being a liar__you've morphed into a troll??

ROFLMAO

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1099687 Mar 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you stated that the fed should stay out of people issues, and then cited where they are needed to protect our citizens rights in just such a case...
C'mon, Woodtick. Education, medicine, roads, police, fire, marriage, divorce, custody, property, contracts, housing, business charters, and so on. Ensuring a state abides by the supreme law of the land is something different. The federal government is also confined by the supreme law of the land.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min IB DaMann 60,198
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr buckwheat 217,145
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 2 hr Crack is wack 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr Retired SOF 2,162
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 4 hr A Noted Observer 54
Observations 4 hr A Noted Observer 137
News 10 shootings a day: Complex causes of Chicago's... 5 hr Danny113345 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 102,571

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages